Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is that out on DVD/BD yet? I want to see it so bad.

This looks like it, and I am ordering it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Holy crap, I'm listening to the first Little Gary episode. Incredible.

"It's gonna be real dirty crack, that's not gonna matter!"

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 26, 2012

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Worst Case Ontario posted:

Holy crap, I'm listening to the first Little Gary episode. Incredible.

"It's gonna be real dirty crack, that's not gonna matter!"

The second one is even better, and it has Patton Oswalt on it, as well Bret Gelman's ibrain.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

I saw Freak Dance at the Austin Film Festival last year and I can confirm it is hilarious.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
When I saw the TV IV thread I thought the show looked funny so I went to listen to the podcast and after jumping around to various episodes (most of the ones that everyone here likes) and loving it I'm now starting from Episode 1 and going up. I'm at episode 40.

I have nothing new to add, as my opinions are probably the same as everyone else. PFT is great. Andy Daly is the best. Seth Morris is great. Harris Wittels etc.
The thing that kills me is when guests don't get into Would You Rather? I have so many questions I wanna ask I should be on the show :(

Being a huge fan of UCB from the comedy central show and the new york theater, this has been a real treat. I wish I found it sooner.

Edit: And I want to comment that besides Scott's obvious asian fetish and Kulaps gigantic boobs that everyone talks about, I'm 100% sure Scott married her because of her laugh. She laughs at everything instantly, and her laugh is loud and infectious. Any comedian would want to live with the world's greatest audience.

Edit2: Also totally bragging but like ~5-6 years ago when I was in NYC my friends and I went to asscat and the monologists were Tom Lennon & Aziz Ansari, with Rob Hueble & Paul Scheer in the performers, and then the next year we went we got Andy Daly, Horatio Sanz, and Jack McBrayer, and yes it was loving amazing. Ended up donating 20 bux both times because the shows were so good.

Edit3: How Did This Get Made is awesome and so is Improv4HUmans.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 26, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Chip Gardner ep is so perfect it ranks up with Farts and Pro as my favorite, so everyone listen to it again.

and scoobi that is very loving cool.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Scoobi posted:

When I saw the TV IV thread I thought the show looked funny so I went to listen to the podcast and after jumping around to various episodes (most of the ones that everyone here likes) and loving it I'm now starting from Episode 1 and going up. I'm at episode 40.

YES! I am so loving happy right now. I wish I could high five you through the internet.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Politicalrancor posted:

The Chip Gardner ep is so perfect it ranks up with Farts and Pro as my favorite, so everyone listen to it again.

and scoobi that is very loving cool.

Agreed that this is an all-time classic. So many good Daly moments ("Instead of eyeholes, there were swastikas") and it comes together pretty beautifully with the satan robot.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

No matter where I am or what I'm doing, any time I think of Jason Mantzoukas referring to Garrison Keillor as a cowboy and Andy Daly's Dalton Wilcox (poet laureate of the west) going "What in the gently caress, NO GAWDDAMNIT" causes me to dissolve into giggles

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mob posted:

No matter where I am or what I'm doing, any time I think of Jason Mantzoukas referring to Garrison Keillor as a cowboy and Andy Daly's Dalton Wilcox (poet laureate of the west) going "What in the gently caress, NO GAWDDAMNIT" causes me to dissolve into giggles

Mantzoukas might be my very favorite guest on the show, because the way he and Scott riff off each other is so loving perfect and funny.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Scoobi posted:

Edit2: Also totally bragging but like ~5-6 years ago when I was in NYC my friends and I went to asscat and the monologists were Tom Lennon & Aziz Ansari, with Rob Hueble & Paul Scheer in the performers, and then the next year we went we got Andy Daly, Horatio Sanz, and Jack McBrayer, and yes it was loving amazing. Ended up donating 20 bux both times because the shows were so good.
Last time I was in NYC (~3 yrs ago) I made it a point of going, and it was indeed amazing. Wyatt Cenac did the monologue, with Rob Riggle, Jack McBrayer, John Lutz, and Zach Woods (this was well before he became Gabe on The Office, but he stood out enough to remember him as soon as he appeared).

I suppose it's almost a good thing I don't live in NY or LA, because there'd probably be an unmissable UCB show seven days a week.

Politicalrancor posted:

Mantzoukas might be my very favorite guest on the show, because the way he and Scott riff off each other is so loving perfect and funny.
Ben Schwartz goes in this category, too.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Politicalrancor posted:

I think he and Andy Daly are even better together. But favorite guest? The Wompler. No competition.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It just blew my mind that Matt Besser plays Bjork. I became a huge fan of Improv4humans a while after having heard the amazing episode with Ben Schwartz and Bjork, and only now realized who it was, goddamn.

I wish they could get Ice-Ben Schwartz on soon, Earth-Ben is so played out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Zsinjeh posted:

It just blew my mind that Matt Besser plays Bjork. I became a huge fan of Improv4humans a while after having heard the amazing episode with Ben Schwartz and Bjork, and only now realized who it was, goddamn.

I wish they could get Ice-Ben Schwartz on soon, Earth-Ben is so played out.

They don't have the pull to get the star of Ice Undercovers out to LA, especially not with his shooting schedule.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I want to see Wompler and Don Dimello together on the show. It would be the creepiest episode of CBB ever but it'd be hilarious.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

I want to see Wompler and Don Dimello together on the show. It would be the creepiest episode of CBB ever but it'd be hilarious.

YES. Someone should tweet this to The Choctaw.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

OH GOD.

Edit: Carl would be furious.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

drainpipe posted:

YES. Someone should tweet this to The Choctaw.

I don't have a tweeter. :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't have a tweeter. :(

For shame. How can you live tweet the shows then? And I am right there with anyone that says the Mantzoukas/Daly combo is the best. For no matter what is going on if there's a Mantzoukas/Daly podcast then all is right in the world for that hour plus. My personal favorite is probably Chip Gardner, but Dalton Wilcox has grown on me every time I've listened to it again. And I've played those Mantzoukas/Daly shows multiple times each.

I thought Manzoukas was great with Alison Brie as well. But then I will listen to *literally* anything that Jason Mantzoukas is featured on.

And Conduit for Sale! I have to say your CBB thread was great just for the fact that it alerted me to the existence of this thread. I've been listening to CBB since right before it changed it's name to CBB and I had no idea this this thread, or even this forum for that matter, existed. I have a tendency to never look at the forum names and go directly to the ones I usually post in, so I had no idea that RGD even existed. So thanks for that!

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 27, 2012

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

How long do the Live shows usually last?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Politicalrancor posted:

Scott, let me just say great question.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Scott, let me just say great question.

I'm grading your questions and so far you have an A+

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Now, when did you start your comedy career? Is that too personal of a question?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oooh, looks like tonight we got PFT and Jay Chandrasekhar. Can't wait!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

drat, I shouldn't have checked this thread. I love the anticipation come 11pm on Sunday and then updating my feed or checking Earwolf.com immediately at midnight to see who the guests are.

Am I insane? Yes, yes I am.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat, I shouldn't have checked this thread. I love the anticipation come 11pm on Sunday and then updating my feed or checking Earwolf.com immediately at midnight to see who the guests are.

Am I insane? Yes, yes I am.

Sorry. The pictures were already on the site so I figured it was fair game.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Sorry. The pictures were already on the site so I figured it was fair game.

haha, it's okay. I was maybe possibly exaggerating a little.

I wonder how good of a guest Jay Chandrasekhar is going to be. I just don't know about him. He was okay on DLM, I suppose.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

According to a recent survey, the new secret to a successful Marriage? Taco Night

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hello, I don't play footbaaaallll

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Marc Marron, what a loving great episode

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Minneapolis live show is available. Bjork and Jesse Ventura

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
All this Andy Daly talk is making me go back and listen to those awesome bits again. I would have to say, though, that my favorites are anything with Andy Daly, Jason Mantzoukas (but if he is in ANYTHING I'll listen to it immediately), and Ben Schwartz. The Huell Howser Ben Schwartz freak out is one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. There are just so many good moments in the show, the reactions to iBrain had me tearing up at work and people thought I had a stomach ache. This actually happens way way too much when I'm listening to CBB.

Crap, I forgot Phone Corner. I could listen to those all day, especially with Fabrice Fabrice. "Where did you cum? On your tum tum?"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really want a Mantzoukas/Daly/St. Clair episode. But I think my head would explode if that ever happened.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
The Friends/Fringe joke today may have been the best Cake Boss joke ever

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
PFT's semi-off-mike reaction to the Marc Mar-ron! destroyed me.

Got to see/meet him, Todd Glass, James Adomian (also saw him at a disappointingly underattended show in Ottawa - he was amazing), and several other CBB favourites a few times over at the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal this past week, and it took away some of the pain of not being able to make the CBB live tour (as does being able to buy the live tour downloads).

James did the Sheriff of Nottingham at the festival closing alternative comedy showcase hosted by Andy Kindler, and the friends who I had brought along who had never heard of him before were instantly won over. Really stoked for his standup CD (apparently on sale with the tour, before hitting the Earwolf site August 13), and I'd be surprised if his standup and character work doesn't blow up in the year to come.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 30, 2012

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones
Today's whole episode was fantastic, after the kinda slow conventional interview start with Jay.

The tour download though is fantastic so far, Bjork is one of my favorite characters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Up to Episode 59. I have to say this one (Todd Glass, PFT, and Andy Daly) was loving hilarious. 58 was awful so I skipped it, but 57 was also killer. This 3 episode trip was like a poo poo sandwich made with artisan bread. 57 had James Adomian as the disgusting food critique that had Brian Posehn and Scott rolling. 58 was the hair metal band as a guest. 59 is August Lindt & and the subaru story. PFT and Andy Daly just make for a great would you rather.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009

SKULE123 posted:

PFT's semi-off-mike reaction to the Marc Mar-ron! destroyed me.

Got to see/meet him, Todd Glass, James Adomian (also saw him at a disappointingly underattended show in Ottawa - he was amazing), and several other CBB favourites a few times over at the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal this past week, and it took away some of the pain of not being able to make the CBB live tour (as does being able to buy the live tour downloads).

James did the Sheriff of Nottingham at the festival closing alternative comedy showcase hosted by Andy Kindler, and the friends who I had brought along who had never heard of him before were instantly won over. Really stoked for his standup CD (apparently on sale with the tour, before hitting the Earwolf site August 13), and I'd be surprised if his standup and character work doesn't blow up in the year to come.

poo poo when was Adomian in Ottawa?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Scoobi posted:

58 was awful so I skipped it,

Rob Huebel episodes are always funny :colbert:

60 is one of the all-time greats in my book though, hope you enjoy it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

ohshititsric posted:

poo poo when was Adomian in Ottawa?

Sunday the 22nd, it was run by a group of well-meaning Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa comics (I think) who runs shows under the name "I Heart Jokes" (recently - Doug Stanhope, Kyle Kinane). The Montreal/Toronto shows always seem decently promoted, but the Ottawa shows less so, and this one was a borderline secret gig. Plus there was confusion around the event timing, and the 15-20 who showed up were evenly split between thinking the show started at 8PM and 10PM.

It was kind of borderline to go or not, but they went, and Mr. Adomian killed - while busting on the organization and crowd size.