Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
For the others that were looking, the final stable version of RFCW is up at the Morroblivion site, https://www.morroblivion.com. Check the off-topic part of their forum and their should be a thread. There's also an updated version of the Outcast Travel point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Arkitektbmw posted:

Everything's up to date but you haven't downloaded any in a year? So, you've updated them since trying to play just now?

Also VT Custom Ranger Gear I believe was replaced by ADAM.

I actually updated a few of them like CaliberX and Warzone but I don't remember updating some of the major ones like Project Nevada.

I'm gonna look into it, thanks for reminding me.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Ace Oliveira posted:

I actually updated a few of them like CaliberX and Warzone but I don't remember updating some of the major ones like Project Nevada.

I'm gonna look into it, thanks for reminding me.

Course, most of them have probably been updated for 1.4

On my other issue with crashing on exit:

I installed DebugDaig12 from Microsoft, told it to monitor New Vegas, and now New Vegas exits like a champ.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm back, bitches. :clint:

And with only a few minor formID related setbacks!

Sonny. Is that you?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So that's what happened in Montana, 40 years ago.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

Arkitektbmw posted:

Course, most of them have probably been updated for 1.4

On my other issue with crashing on exit:

I installed DebugDaig12 from Microsoft, told it to monitor New Vegas, and now New Vegas exits like a champ.

I just updated every major mod I have, but it still crashes. I really have no idea what's causing it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Hank Morgan posted:

Sonny. Is that you?

I feel like I should get this reference but I'm coming up empty :downs:

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
There is none. Just that my courier is an old man version of yours.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47255/

Arenovalis released that sawn off Remington 870 I was talking about earlier in the thread because Team HHG gives no fucks, but it's an awesome enough gun that more people should be able to use it.

He made the custom front post for it and helped with some conversion errors, crash graciously gave us his original texture for it for release, MediocrityGoggles did his usual sperging with it in game, and I hosed the rest of it up.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I installed Lombard Station and got the note at Jean Skydiving but the location is not appearing on my map. Am I doing something wrong?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Here's a version of Western Skies with the sandstorms removed for whoever wanted it.

http://db.tt/LQkIJvtY

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Crap. Found the cave but have a new problem. The NCR trooper's body never spawned in Jean's. The Log tape was there and so was his shotgun but no body and thus no key. Is there anyway I can console spawn it? Or unlock the door somehow?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Spoke too soon about the game running fine. Does New Vegas dump a crash log anywhere? I get a repeatable crash each time I enter the saloon in Goodsprings.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

Spoke too soon about the game running fine. Does New Vegas dump a crash log anywhere? I get a repeatable crash each time I enter the saloon in Goodsprings.

I wish. Sounds like two mods are making similar changes to the same cell and causing a CTD when you try to enter. Try pulling up all of your mods on fnvedit and seeing if there are any conflicts registering, especially in cells in goodsprings.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

bunnielab posted:

Crap. Found the cave but have a new problem. The NCR trooper's body never spawned in Jean's. The Log tape was there and so was his shotgun but no body and thus no key. Is there anyway I can console spawn it? Or unlock the door somehow?

Just enter console, click the door and type "unlock". It will stay unlocked and there's no adverse effect. Thanks to Omnicarus for answering my PM last week when I had the same issue.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

physeter posted:

Just enter console, click the door and type "unlock". It will stay unlocked and there's no adverse effect. Thanks to Omnicarus for answering my PM last week when I had the same issue.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also, if you're not paying too much attention to your load order, make sure that Lombard Station.esp is loaded before the DLC ones. Forwhatever reason the BOSS auto-load order thing likes making it load after the things that depend on it and it makes lombard station wonky.

That 590 that beeb posted is so great, by the way.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I wanted to give the Armory a shot, and the OP stated that it needed that combat animations mod. Wierd though, that the versions I see in the nexus are the pistol and rifle separately, AND I can't seem to have both activated at the same time.

Or I have it installed wrong because the animations don't have additional install instructions, and as such, the Armory doesn't get installed properly.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

I wanted to give the Armory a shot, and the OP stated that it needed that combat animations mod. Wierd though, that the versions I see in the nexus are the pistol and rifle separately, AND I can't seem to have both activated at the same time.

Or I have it installed wrong because the animations don't have additional install instructions, and as such, the Armory doesn't get installed properly.

Gopher made a fomod script to install Weapon animation replacers for you. Use that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I wish. Sounds like two mods are making similar changes to the same cell and causing a CTD when you try to enter. Try pulling up all of your mods on fnvedit and seeing if there are any conflicts registering, especially in cells in goodsprings.

Is there a particular way of ensuring I'm looking in the right spots? I've been out of the game for a long time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there a particular way of ensuring I'm looking in the right spots? I've been out of the game for a long time.

Load all of them up in FNVEdit, then expand the trees for each mod. If they modify cells, they'll have a "cell" entry, which can then be expanded to > block > sub-block > (cell name) It's a mix of common sense and trial and error to find out which mods modify cells, but if you can find a mod that makes changes to cells in Goodsprings, you will immediately be able to see what other mods make changes to the same area (via the window on the right, which lists conflicts and potential conflicts.)

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Okay, so here's a question: I have a custom race I'm mucking around with. It's based on a duplicated normal race (so there is a version for Caucasian, African American, Hispanic and Asian). The first time you click on the race, it will let you pick any of the presets from the default race.

But if you click on the race three times, it uses the face from the GECK, and every preset is that face and there are an infinite number of them. Is there a way to fix that?

edit: Second question, I've got two traits I'm trying to add, too (It's a separate ESP, though). Can anyone think of a reason that adding a trait would break Doc Mitchell? When I turn the perk ESP on, after he stops talking to grab the mirror he doesn't do anything, just sits there staring at you.

My process was:

Open existing trait -> change trait ID to create a new one -> edit that trait.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 29, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So now, F:NV only crashes randomly on exit, which I'm pretty cool with. I've only had one actual interrupting crash so far, so I think i'm fairly good on the stability front. Is there a fix/tweak/etc for the audio stutters when transitioning between cells? If the load times are sufficiently short enough (generally quick enough to not bring up a loading screen/roulette wheel, the audio will stutter a couple of times. It's not a big a deal, and is actually pretty fitting on Existence 2.0, so it doesn't really bother me, but I wouldn't mind fixing it. If it's just a thing I gotta deal with, I will.

Secondly, I think there's a sort of weird conflict between Weapon Animation Replacers and Project Nevada. Whenever I try to aim a Wattz Laser Rifle, the gun doesn't change from the idle stance, leaving me zooming into a block of laser and trying to hit stuff. The third person version works fine, it's the first person one that's being dumb. I'll take a screenshot tomorrow when I can.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
I cannot get the FOMOD version of The Armory to install. The script runs just fine but it runs into an error every time after I make all of my selections. Something about being unable to make a destination reference I believe.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

Ace Oliveira posted:

I just updated every major mod I have, but it still crashes. I really have no idea what's causing it.

This is getting annoying. I just reinstalled the drat thing and it still crashes at start up. The Windows 7 log gives the reason as a "APPCRASH" but I don't know if that means the crashing has to do with mods or the game itself.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Ace Oliveira posted:

This is getting annoying. I just reinstalled the drat thing and it still crashes at start up. The Windows 7 log gives the reason as a "APPCRASH" but I don't know if that means the crashing has to do with mods or the game itself.

I remember a very long time ago that someone had the same problem as this and I'm not sure what the solution was. Have you done the usual 'update windows, update drivers, install on another drive, etc' deal?

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Emerson Cod posted:

For the others that were looking, the final stable version of RFCW is up at the Morroblivion site, https://www.morroblivion.com. Check the off-topic part of their forum and their should be a thread. There's also an updated version of the Outcast Travel point.

Has anyone used this mod? I got both games at the same time and I'm wondering if I should use this mod (or the tale of two wastelands if it ever comes out) or just play both games separately?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Those of you who use ENB for Skyrim might be pleased to hear that Boris started development on a dedicated ENB for New Vegas. Maybe he'll get world shadows working :allears:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Load all of them up in FNVEdit, then expand the trees for each mod. If they modify cells, they'll have a "cell" entry, which can then be expanded to > block > sub-block > (cell name) It's a mix of common sense and trial and error to find out which mods modify cells, but if you can find a mod that makes changes to cells in Goodsprings, you will immediately be able to see what other mods make changes to the same area (via the window on the right, which lists conflicts and potential conflicts.)

Some of the sub-blocks in FalloutNV.esm are empty. That...doesn't seem right. What would happen if I told Steam to revalidate files? Would it break all my mods?

E:

E 2:

I've got four mods that change something in the saloon, but they're all green, multiple with no conflict. The only red conflict I had was from Mossberg590.esp, where some cell locations nowhere near Goodsprings used the German spelling :psyduck:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 29, 2012

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
What is the pirate bay and which mod adds it? Is it possible to follow the spill, or is it just nonsense? Searching just led to lots of torrent poo poo.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

What is up with this house on a cliff right outside of Novac? It's visible from the town itself. Is it added by a mod?

I vaguely remember downloading a mod from a previous install that added a quest for this, but I might be imagining things.

There's an elevator ramp to get up top, but I have no idea how to work it. There also seems to be a safe that has a tube connected to it.

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

ihatepants posted:

What is up with this house on a cliff right outside of Novac? It's visible from the town itself. Is it added by a mod?

I vaguely remember downloading a mod from a previous install that added a quest for this, but I might be imagining things.

There's an elevator ramp to get up top, but I have no idea how to work it. There also seems to be a safe that has a tube connected to it.

That's from Tales From The Burning Sands, I think. You should have a note from the "Help Wanted" terminal in Goodsprings that talks about it.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Eldoop posted:

That's from Tales From The Burning Sands, I think. You should have a note from the "Help Wanted" terminal in Goodsprings that talks about it.

Cool, thanks! I had installed Tales From The Burning Sands, but I haven't started it yet. I don't remember having installed it the last time I played, but I guess I did.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I BOSS sorted my load order, went in to the saloon:

Something is certainly wrong. I think it's those two empty cells in FalloutNV.esm.

Edit:

Uninstalled the NMC texture pack, no more black spots. Gonna try reinstalling it.

I HATE THIS HACKIN' CRAP.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 30, 2012

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!
Is there a console command to "load" the DLC, give you the quests and such? I installed Delay DLC, started a game, got to level 10, then got antsy and disabled it. I would have expected the DLC to all prompt me at once, but nothing but Lonesome Road showed up.

FWIW, I have both the Sierra Madre and Northern Passage radio signals, but no quests or map markers.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

Naky posted:

I remember a very long time ago that someone had the same problem as this and I'm not sure what the solution was. Have you done the usual 'update windows, update drivers, install on another drive, etc' deal?

Yup. I really don't know what to do, or what caused it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Welp, I decided to try and play this again, and decided to mod the gently caress out of it. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to look over my load order to see if I've hosed anything up?

load order posted:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] NSkies URWLified.esm
[X] NVInteriors_Core.esm
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
[X] MoMod.esm
[X] CFWNV.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
[X] New Vegas Trade Center.esp
[X] Wasteland Defense.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] Craft Overhaul 1.1.esp
[X] MiscItemWeapons.esp
[X] CFW-DLC.esp
[X] CFW-PN.esp
[X] CFW-PN-DLC.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] SunnyCompanion.esp
[X] MiscItemIconsNV.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] NVR - Lock Bombing.esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] Fellout-OWB.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
[X] Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
[X] ILO - PipBoy Light.esp

And would I be able to use any of the other major weapon packs linked in the OP?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Welp, I decided to try and play this again, and decided to mod the gently caress out of it. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to look over my load order to see if I've hosed anything up?

And would I be able to use any of the other major weapon packs linked in the OP?

Seems fine to me. You aren't having any problems with it, are you? Also, you should be able to use the weapon mods in the OP. If you choose to use something like WME or WMX, there should be compatibility patches available for mods like CFWNV and Project Nevada.

EDIT: Also, who the hell voted this thread down? Go gently caress yourself, whoever you are.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
Anyone know what mod in the OP would be causing the default idle pose to change when equipping the Combat Ranger armor? It does this pose where the character looks very... proud, I suppose, which doesn't happen with any other armor (so far). This wouldn't be an issue, but unequipping the armor seems to keep the pose, and it's sort of janky in its transition, so I'm trying to change it back to normal.

Seems to be my only issue so far, which, considering the amount of mods I'm using, is just fine. I can deal with it, but if I can correct it, that'd be neat!

Many thanks to the OP and people in this thread, that list is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Drake Lake posted:

Anyone know what mod in the OP would be causing the default idle pose to change when equipping the Combat Ranger armor? It does this pose where the character looks very... proud, I suppose, which doesn't happen with any other armor (so far). This wouldn't be an issue, but unequipping the armor seems to keep the pose, and it's sort of janky in its transition, so I'm trying to change it back to normal.

Seems to be my only issue so far, which, considering the amount of mods I'm using, is just fine. I can deal with it, but if I can correct it, that'd be neat!

Many thanks to the OP and people in this thread, that list is pretty awesome.

Proud, huh? That's a new one! What does your load order look like?