Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Poor Carrot. I feel sorry for the guy.

Maybe they can use the spear as a boomerang, and defeat Splashmaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I think if anyone would appreciate a spear that can stab around corners, it would be Carrot, so nice work Splashmaster.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm still hoping Splashmaster is converted and becomes their "boat" to different islands. He's too cute.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hooray, we've reached 200 pages! :toot: Here's to a million more!

Jewel
May 2, 2009

New page~ http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-201/

Almond's really great :allears:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Dammit, how did you post this faster than me?

Can't wait to see what Almond's plan is.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Almond's plan is to just slip through the adequately large openings in the cage.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Now I hope Cuco does show up and save them, just for Almond's reaction :allears:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

pandaK posted:

Almond's plan is to just slip through the adequately large openings in the cage.
That's so obvious it just might work!

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, the villains really need to rethink the size of the openings in the bars.

The only thing stopping anybody from getting out is the honor system.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Schir posted:

To be fair, the current villian is Splashmaster. I don't believe rethinking is something that comes up often.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 24, 2012

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Schir posted:

The only thing stopping anybody from getting out is the honor system.

The big secret about Cabbage is that he acts like an ineffectual, lazy has been so the villains leave Cuco and Almond tons of loopholes to exploit.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

New page~ Still love the Crabbro banner :allears:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-202/

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

It's pretty hard to feel enlightened when it's dark. Also, it's just a lake.

And I agree, Crabbro banner is still pretty rad.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-203/

I get the feeling the next page will involve Saturday in some fashion.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Brrglrf.

That's going to be my goto method of making people feel better now. Depressed? Face smoosh. Upset? Face smoosh. Angry? Face smoosh. Who can be sad or angry when you're talking like that!?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-204/

When you wish upon a shooting star, you gently caress up and make the wrong wish. The end.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Aww, poor Cucumber. I bet that he has a grocery list of wishes that he'd want to have granted by now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"I wish my dad wasn't such a jerk."

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Waffleman_ posted:

"I wish my dad wasn't such a jerk."

No fathomable power can overcome that many little stars worth of "Jerkface" :colbert:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Here, have some doodles of Saturday from Gigi's tumblr:

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

New comic just posted http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-205/

Pastrymancy posted:

No fathomable power can overcome that many little stars worth of "Jerkface" :colbert:

This is totally the thing that was said in today's comic :0

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
there's something kind of sad about this last update. it's such an obvious joke for cuco to try and just wish the nightmare knight out of existence, but he just wants to be back home so bad it doesn't even cross his mind :(

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Love the new Banner:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

snucks posted:

there's something kind of sad about this last update. it's such an obvious joke for cuco to try and just wish the nightmare knight out of existence, but he just wants to be back home so bad it doesn't even cross his mind :(

But the number of shooting stars required would at least need to cancel out the Nightmare Knight's existence stat.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

Pastrymancy posted:

Gigi posted:

He would wish for his father to be less of a jerkface, but the number of shooting stars required would at least need to cancel out Cabbage’s jerkface stat.

Called it :smug:

Also, the mystical McGuffin Sword makes its first appearance today!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

New page!

That was easy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Aw, look at Cucumber, trying to engage in witty repartee. You'll be a one-liner spouting hero one day, kid.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is it a fake Dream Sword, or is it reverse psychology to make Cuco think it is a fake?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Maybe she just doesn't care about treasure after she's stolen it. I mean, she leaves her thief hideout pretty much unguarded. Brambleby didn't really stop them from taking that wand and spear from her big ol treasure pile.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Maybe she's just kind of a spaz. :iiam:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I really like how gigdigi does the seastar lagoon at night.... the indigo textures in the background with the starry sky is super neat. For some weird reason it reminds me of Star Tropics (I guess because of the name)....her color studies are great...but the reflections in the water really sell it. She somehow manages to capture a night without light pollution amazingly well... Sorry to art-gush, but I love looking at cucumber quest if not only to learn a thing or two...

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

New page:
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-207/

This puts a new spin on things.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Is a fake, perma-sheathed sword going to be Cuco's new weapon? Seems pretty fitting, really.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Is a fake, perma-sheathed sword going to be Almond's new weapon? Seems pretty fitting, really.
I fixed that for you. :colbert:
She uses rapiers right now but it's been kind of consistent that Almond is a better hero than her bro.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Probably one of these swords that can only be unsheathed for a good purpose. ("Checking that the sword you've been given isn't actually a fake" isn't a Morally Good purpose.)

Either that or Cabbage was wrong and the chosen hero really is Almond. Which would make of the comic some editorial about gender roles, preconceived ideas, predetermination, sexism and discrimination, which isn't what I think GGDG is going for.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Magic swords only work for destined heroes, Cuco! So either you're not one, or you gotta cowboy up and get more heroic. Alternately though, if Oglaf's taught me anything, it's that occasionally a fake sword is the perfect weapon for the job.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Either that or Cabbage was wrong and the chosen hero really is Almond. Which would make of the comic some editorial about gender roles, preconceived ideas, predetermination, sexism and discrimination, which isn't what I think GGDG is going for.

Yeah, Gigi just really wanted to make a Paper Mario so she made Cucumber.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Pastrymancy posted:

I fixed that for you. :colbert:
She uses rapiers right now but it's been kind of consistent that Almond is a better hero than her bro.
Which is why I assumed she'd get the real sword :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What if its a magic wand designed to look like a sword?