Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVpzK2cDJH4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHfp-TxLKlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCnk3kQB50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi6_oGneNoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbrpPwAxYbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoKByVzR7zA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eggplant Wizard posted:

my cat toby ate lettuce today

like a whole piece

Post the vid

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ban if there isn't one

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ban if there isn't one

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I have to swing up to Virginia to dog sit for my mother the middle of August. Since there's no one around here that I trust to come over and babysit Mercredi, much less any one who I'd want to take her in for a bit over a week, she'll be coming with me. My car's AC kinda sucks and I'm afraid of her getting overheated in the pet taxi so I bought a harness. It's made for small dogs, so I'm hoping it'll fit a 3-4 month old kitten. I also got a seat belt clip with a short lead so I can buckle her in.
I hope it'll work alright for her. :ohdear:

She's been in excellent form the last few days. Aside from the toys being put in the bath tub, she has also:
- Stolen/eaten two dinner rolls.
- Found the adult stuff box and managed to pull open a drawer and get into it. Withholding further commentary on that.
- Learned to stand on her hind feet on cue.
- Declared war on the ceiling fan above the bed. She spits and swats at it in the mornings.
- Learned to open at least one cabinet.

I suspect that it's only a matter of time before she finds a way to make purchase of weaponized thumbs powered by uranium. When she does, we're all hosed.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

tokomon posted:

I have to swing up to Virginia to dog sit for my mother the middle of August. Since there's no one around here that I trust to come over and babysit Mercredi, much less any one who I'd want to take her in for a bit over a week, she'll be coming with me. My car's AC kinda sucks and I'm afraid of her getting overheated in the pet taxi so I bought a harness. It's made for small dogs, so I'm hoping it'll fit a 3-4 month old kitten. I also got a seat belt clip with a short lead so I can buckle her in.
I hope it'll work alright for her. :ohdear:

She's been in excellent form the last few days. Aside from the toys being put in the bath tub, she has also:
- Stolen/eaten two dinner rolls.
- Found the adult stuff box and managed to pull open a drawer and get into it. Withholding further commentary on that.
- Learned to stand on her hind feet on queue.
- Declared war on the ceiling fan above the bed. She spits and swats at it in the mornings.
- Learned to open at least one cabinet.

I suspect that it's only a matter of time before she finds a way to make purchase of weaponized thumbs powered by uranium. When she does, we're all hosed.

harness will be good for rest stops n such, but i would nix the idea of the seat belt clip. she'll prob be much less stressed if you let her roam the car than she would be if she's stuck to the seat. just put a litter box on the back floorboard and keep her out from under your pedals

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

fork bomb posted:

harness will be good for rest stops n such, but i would nix the idea of the seat belt clip. she'll prob be much less stressed if you let her roam the car than she would be if she's stuck to the seat. just put a litter box on the back floorboard and keep her out from under your pedals

Yeah... The clip is mostly for when I have to stop and get gas and stuff. I'm going to take a couple of short trips (20-30 min) locally to see how bad she is for wanting to get under my feet while driving. I took her on some small trips a few weeks ago and she mostly hid in my hair and bra. She's grown a lot since then, though, so I don't think it'll go down that way again.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I got tired of trying to rely on flaky friends and family and hired a professional to come feed my cat twice a day while I left town last week and it was the best decision I made.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar posted:

... I left town last week ...

trip report:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Gar posted:

trip report:

Look at this picture with a fart noise in your head

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
who stepped on a duck

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

ahhh spiders posted:

who stepped on a duck

only me every chance i get

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sniep posted:

only me every chance i get

same

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
hey yospos I need a good cat carrier whats a good one so I don't have to ask in PI, or should I just get whatever one off amazon?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

betcha havent seen that one in a minute

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Ronald Raiden posted:

hey yospos I need a good cat carrier whats a good one so I don't have to ask in PI, or should I just get whatever one off amazon?

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
ill just get whatever off amazon

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
get plastic bc he/she is totally going to barf/pee/poo on it sometime and it's a lot easier to wipe it down and spray it with bleach than wash the whole kit n kaboodle. you can put a towel or something in it to make it more comfy (do not use a towel you want to keep).

but yeah literally the cheapest one you can find that isn't cardboard is probably fine. sometimes the tops come off which is handy if your cat is good at staying in the carrier when you need him to get out. even the cheapest boringest petco plastic one has that though.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Make sure it's "airline approved" just so you don't have to buy another one in case you end up flying with yo cat.

But yeah I got one at Petco for p. cheap, might've technically been a small dog carrier. Rodent was a cage fighter (lol) and it was impossible to cram him through the front gate so I got one with the top-opening and it was like, pick him up and gently set him in the cage, he's like "wait what the gently caress" SLAM and it's done. So very much worth it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah toploaders are vastly superior. i just pick up shadow like i'm gonna cuddle him the plop him in upside down and zip it up while he's trying to get reoriented

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

yeah toploaders are vastly superior. i just pick up shadow like i'm gonna cuddle him the plop him in upside down and zip it up while he's trying to get reoriented

you monster

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

laughing at the cat imprisonment stories itt

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
no trap detected. completely safe

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

my god

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
epic fluffery

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

please shave exactly half of this cat along the sagittal axis

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

no words...should have sent...a pet

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
cat carrier tip: leave it out and open and encourage your cat to sleep/play in it. make it part of the furniture so the cat is used to it and it's not that "loving torture device"

it worked well that way for squeaker and ming, not so much for maya so ymmv

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oh cmon!

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dead Man Posting posted:

no trap detected. completely safe

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

that cat doesnt really want to touch that disgusting hand and who can blame him

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

i think that cat is wearing underwear

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

this is buddy

he has no tail and too many fingers

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Gar posted:

he has no tail and too many fingers

same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
catte transport tip: if you train your catte to use a covered litterbox, when it's time to travel simply throw catte in the box and stretch some old pantyhose over the entry way. instant cat carrier with built in potty

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
ok human being Charlie, time to spend 6 hours in the Fart Box!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I'll do that but just drive around the neighborhood for 6 hours and go back home, so he spends 6 hours in the fart box only to end up exactly where he started