Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Anyway, yeah, it looks weapons that don't have default iron sights don't like the way that WAR changes the first person angles for holding guns. Is there any easy way to give these guns iron sights (even non functional ones)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm running with the more perks mod. I've had the "unexpected happiness" perk for quite some time without having found anything unexpected. Just now I found a k900 cyberdog gun in a nuka-cola machine inside nellis. I was confused as poo poo until I remembered I had that perk...

The assassins the high value target trait sends after me all seem to have unique equipment that is pretty cool. It waits just long enough to spring another attack on my for me to forget they are going to spring an attack on me at all..

Fun times.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SpookyLizard posted:

Anyway, yeah, it looks weapons that don't have default iron sights don't like the way that WAR changes the first person angles for holding guns. Is there any easy way to give these guns iron sights (even non functional ones)?

I think Naky would know more about this, but I want to say that flagging the problematic weapons in the GECK for "Do not use first person IS (Iron Sights) Animations" might fix the problem. I think checking that box would prevent the player from bringing the weapon up (as if to aim down the sights) in first person mode.

I could be wrong. To console you, though, I had the exact same problem while using the Wattz Laser rifle in Project Nevada + WAR Rifle animations.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Re-posting my issue with The Armory.

I get an error after the FOMOD scripts runs. It reads:
"...Object reference not set to an instance of an object..."

What? And how do I fix this?

EDIT: Also, Spooky Lizard, did you install WAR with the fomod version? It helped with a few issues I was having with the 1st person animations.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/43240

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 30, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mr_D posted:

Is there a console command to "load" the DLC, give you the quests and such? I installed Delay DLC, started a game, got to level 10, then got antsy and disabled it. I would have expected the DLC to all prompt me at once, but nothing but Lonesome Road showed up.

FWIW, I have both the Sierra Madre and Northern Passage radio signals, but no quests or map markers.

Let's see...

Open your console and type the following, minus the quotes:
"setstage xx005229" (where XX is the mod index for the Dead Money DLC)
"setstage xx008891" (where XX is the mod index for the Honest Hearts DLC)

That *should* jumpstart the starting quests. Failing that, replace the "setstage" with "resetquest" command.

Capn Beeb posted:

I BOSS sorted my load order, went in to the saloon:

Something is certainly wrong. I think it's those two empty cells in FalloutNV.esm.

Edit:

Uninstalled the NMC texture pack, no more black spots. Gonna try reinstalling it.

I HATE THIS HACKIN' CRAP.

That's really strange. It looks like you're able to enter without a CTD now, though. Not sure what happened.

In regards to your "if I revalidated, will it destroy my mods?" question: No, you'll be fine. Steam will attempt to repair vanilla data (like stuff found in the .bsa files) but it won't touch third party data in the "data" folder, even if that data is setup to overwrite the vanilla data.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jul 30, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I found it. There's are two boxes you can check to disable it for first/third person. I unchecked it on the laser rifle and it's thoroughly unfucked. I don't know why PN has it checked. Their laser rifle has red-dot sight on it. I made a little .esp to fix the problem for me. Now I can use that sweet loving laser rifle. I love the Wattz versions over the vanilla laser guns. so much cooler.

The box doesn't prevent the gun from being raised up, it prevents the animation that would align the sights and stuff for you. The camera still zooms in though, so when you aim it zooms in on the model of the gun that isn't changing.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Arkitektbmw posted:

Re-posting my issue with The Armory.

I get an error after the FOMOD scripts runs. It reads:
"...Object reference not set to an instance of an object..."

What? And how do I fix this?

I wrote that script and I need more detail. Are you sure your download isn't somehow damaged? What options did you select?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Police Automaton posted:

I wrote that script and I need more detail. Are you sure your download isn't somehow damaged? What options did you select?

I've downloaded it twice so far, and received the same error both times. I selected:
Main, all the leveled Lists, the cabinet addon and the Honest hearts compatibility (going from memory, take so long for the script interface to kick in)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I recently reinstalled New Vegas and a few mods, including The Armory.

If I have the Armory CaliberX Fix (I think that's what it's called) active, New Vegas crashes almost as soon as it starts. If I deactivate it and keep everything else going, no problem.

I'm at work right now but I can post a list of mods when I get home. It's not a very long list.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Cheap Trick posted:

I recently reinstalled New Vegas and a few mods, including The Armory.

If I have the Armory CaliberX Fix (I think that's what it's called) active, New Vegas crashes almost as soon as it starts. If I deactivate it and keep everything else going, no problem.

I'm at work right now but I can post a list of mods when I get home. It's not a very long list.

Apologies if this question is dumb/insulting, but do you have CaliberX installed? The fix is for another mod, not anything within the Armoury.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011
I've just got my grubby hands on the latest version of RFCW - before I try and install it, will I be okay with an existing character or do I have to start over? I remember that used to be the case, but there's no mention of it in the latest set of instructions. I've become pretty attached to my latest Courier, and I'd hate to have to lose him.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

There doesn't appear to be any problems so far. I tried installing The Armory, but I'm worried about two things. For one, it says using the merge leveled lists could affect other mods, and when installing it it asked me to overwrite some files (I said no to all, since I assume they're just duplicates of ones from other packs).

Also, since BOSS doesn't detect Custom Fallout Weapon and the Armory, what would the best place to put them be? Should I put them before all the other esps?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 30, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Genocyber posted:

There doesn't appear to be any problems so far. I tried installing The Armory, but I'm worried about two things. For one, it says using the merge leveled lists could affect other mods, and when installing it it asked me to overwrite some files (I said no to all, since I assume they're just duplicates of ones from other packs).

Also, since BOSS doesn't detect Custom Fallout Weapon and the Armory, what would the best place to put them be? Should I put them before all the other esps?

It's generally better to allow it to overwrite all files since even if we've merged existing weapons from existing weapons, we've quite often fixed errors in the files that the original authors had or replaced them with better versions while keeping the original filenames intact.

The load order shouldn't matter so much since it's just an item addition mod. You can put it at the end or in the beginning and I don't think it'll make a huge difference one way or the other.

CaliberX issue sounds like you don't have CaliberX installed or active, and creating a merged patch is what we're refering to and things don't always go peachy when that happens if things aren't done right. We were just warning you ahead of time for that.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Rather Dashing posted:

Apologies if this question is dumb/insulting, but do you have CaliberX installed? The fix is for another mod, not anything within the Armoury.

It's a fair question. I thought it was a fix for some module inside the Armory mod :downs:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Hmm. So I've installed a few different mods: A realistic weather mod, electro city mod, more perks and also the large new texture pack.

The game runs beautifully, except when I start getting into town. I start getting something like 5 FPS and eventually the game reduces to a slideshow. I'm using the 4GB fix, too, and my computer has a quad core AMD 3.2Ghz CPU along with 8GB of RAM and a drat fast video card...

Should I start looking at other performance mods?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

I've taken note of stay off my page's criticisms about bullet-spongeyness and I've made a few tweaks to the Gameplay Changes module that I think will even things out more. I haven't heard any similar criticisms since beta, but I think it's a valid concern nonetheless and the changes aren't too consequential.

That being said, are there any more outstanding issues with the current release of CCO? Any bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, annoyances, balance issues, or the like? Let me know if there's anything left that needs polishing.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SquadronROE posted:

Hmm. So I've installed a few different mods: A realistic weather mod, electro city mod, more perks and also the large new texture pack.

The game runs beautifully, except when I start getting into town. I start getting something like 5 FPS and eventually the game reduces to a slideshow. I'm using the 4GB fix, too, and my computer has a quad core AMD 3.2Ghz CPU along with 8GB of RAM and a drat fast video card...

My computer is almost 10 years old and it runs 30-40 fps all the time. There is something wrong I'd be willing to bet.

Did vanilla have the same slowdowns?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

My computer is almost 10 years old and it runs 30-40 fps all the time. There is something wrong I'd be willing to bet.

Did vanilla have the same slowdowns?

Vanilla didn't have the same slowdowns. I might give it a shot without any mods but just with the texture pack installed, to see if one of the mods is turning it into a slideshow. To be honest, I just tolerated it and didn't even try to troubleshoot it yet.

It also could be the fact that I played for probably 3 hours straight.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I am thinking about starting up FNV again and I would like to start from my previous saves. However, I had a lot of mods loaded for those saves, so is there way to "clean" out the saves? Or should I just start a new game? thanks

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

SquadronROE posted:

Make sure you didn't install the LARGE version of texture mod. There are 3 versions, and that one is pretty much made for Super Computers at the moment. Install medium quality textures; I had the same issue as you. The problem is that it's pulling absolutely massive files from your hard drive and stuffing them into RAM. It'll gradually stop once you've loaded everything, but it's a mess in certain areas if your rig isn't up to scratch.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
So I've been dicking around with Niftools, getting coats to not clip on the rcss armor pieces, and I've gotten it to work quite nicely, except for some clipping when moving. So I was wondering is there a way in niftools to get the armor to go through running/walking/crouching/etc animations, or is this something I'll just have to go into the game to test?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nobody has any idea about this? :(

SplitSoul posted:

What's the most likely culprit if selecting a specific race causes CTD? FNVEdit doesn't show any conflicts and I'm using a bashed patch.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SquadronROE posted:

That's not normal at all. What weather mod are you using? Some of them, like Project Reality, add somewhat inefficient shaders (heat haze, depth of field) that can really nail performance. If you're using something ordinary, like Western Skies or Nevada Skies, I doubt your problem is with the weather mod.

Like HoboWithAShotgun said, the "large" flavor NMC pack can be pretty hard on the game. Although it, too, shouldn't be causing crippling performance like you're describing--especially if you've got a decent rig. In general, the impact on FPS would be fairly consistent. You shouldn't have drastic FPS drops when you get near populated areas.

There was a problem (a long time ago, when NV was first released) that was caused by the facegen engine. Opening the console and inputting the 'temo' command (toggle emotions) temporarily disabled NPC facial expressions, which significantly improved performance, especially in crowded areas. The problem was subsequently fixed, but perhaps you should give that a shot?

SplitSoul posted:

Nobody has any idea about this? :(

Is the race an original race or a new one? I seem to recall that if it is a new race, and not a race that already existed in some capacity (raider, ghoul, elderly, etc.) it isn't as simple as adding the race to the opening menu. If you're working on implementing a custom race, I would recommend downloading a working custom race from the Nexus, opening it up in FNVEdit or GECK, and seeing what other things they had to do to get it working.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

lethial posted:

I am thinking about starting up FNV again and I would like to start from my previous saves. However, I had a lot of mods loaded for those saves, so is there way to "clean" out the saves? Or should I just start a new game? thanks

It really depends. Do you have any modded perks or traits that modify your SPECIAL or skills? If not, go into an interior cell where there are no NPCs, strip down naked (this will remove any buffs that you get from clothing) and save your game. Exit the game and disable / uninstall all mods you want to get rid of. Load the save you just made and wait 4 in-game days (this will give the cells enough time to reset, and vendors to restock.) Save again, and you *should* be good to put your clothes back on, exit, and continue the game. There are exceptions to this rule but this is the standard way to do this sort of thing.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Thank you very much. Unfortunately I do have some perk mods installed, but if there is a more integrated way to update mods I'd rather just keep them.

My game time has been very limited, so last time, I literally spent 95% of my game time on updating/testing mods or waiting on the next patch that will fix "everything".

Is there a more dummy (me) friendly way/tool to install and update mods? Also, is it still the case that most of the big mods (PN or FOOK) don't play nice with each other?

Oh and one more question, sorry, but is there a stable and reliable mod that will increase the companion cap? I've tried all the mods that claim to have that functionality last time, and all of them are broken in some way. Most of them broken the scripts for the NPCs that you hired.

thanks!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Thanks, I'll give those troubleshooting steps a shot. I did install the large files (because I assumed my computer was up to snuff), but might need to step it back to the medium files.

I'm also using Project Reality since it seemed to be the most hands-off of the weather mods. I'll try disabling that first and see what happens. Thankfully I am able to easily replicate the issue by just jogging towards Camp Searchlight.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

Drake Lake posted:

Anyone know what mod in the OP would be causing the default idle pose to change when equipping the Combat Ranger armor? It does this pose where the character looks very... proud, I suppose, which doesn't happen with any other armor (so far). This wouldn't be an issue, but unequipping the armor seems to keep the pose, and it's sort of janky in its transition, so I'm trying to change it back to normal.

Posted this last night, and just following myself up. Seems like it only happens with any sort of Ranger combat armor, but it is easily fixed by equipping any power armor (which also changes the pose, but at least for those armors, it makes sense, as the armor is quite bulky). As far as I know, the only animation mods I'm using are the rifle and pistol ones linked in the OP, but at this point, I can deal with it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is the race an original race or a new one? I seem to recall that if it is a new race, and not a race that already existed in some capacity (raider, ghoul, elderly, etc.) it isn't as simple as adding the race to the opening menu. If you're working on implementing a custom race, I would recommend downloading a working custom race from the Nexus, opening it up in FNVEdit or GECK, and seeing what other things they had to do to get it working.

It was a non-vanilla one. I just tried starting a new game, it works fine there. I guess it's to do with the save game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's really strange. It looks like you're able to enter without a CTD now, though. Not sure what happened.

In regards to your "if I revalidated, will it destroy my mods?" question: No, you'll be fine. Steam will attempt to repair vanilla data (like stuff found in the .bsa files) but it won't touch third party data in the "data" folder, even if that data is setup to overwrite the vanilla data.

The black spots were from the NMC texture pack, reinstalling the whole pack fixed it. Good to know about revalidating, thanks :)

Although now I'm using the 4GB NVSE launcher through FOMM, and pretty much every sound isn't playing properly. Music pipes in just fine, louder than usual, but everything else is quiet. Every so often my speakers will change modes like they do when they detect a sound being played, and I can hear poo poo like sound effects and dialogue, but for the most part I just get music.

I tested this by disabling the 4GB launcher and starting FOMM. The opening music was at normal volume, and mousing over the menu options played the little ticking noise. If I use the 4GB launcher however, the music is really loud and I get no ticking noise on menu items.

What the hell :psyduck:

Edit:

Yeah this is doing something loving weird to audio. The above bug is when I use my optical jack, and I get _zero_ sounds over analog cables. And conversations are going way, way too fast. Can't I just edit the regular .exe to be large address aware?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 30, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Drake Lake posted:

Posted this last night, and just following myself up. Seems like it only happens with any sort of Ranger combat armor, but it is easily fixed by equipping any power armor (which also changes the pose, but at least for those armors, it makes sense, as the armor is quite bulky). As far as I know, the only animation mods I'm using are the rifle and pistol ones linked in the OP, but at this point, I can deal with it.

Did you install any of the optional third person ones? Because if you didn't use the ones from the Default folder it changes the stances. Should be changed all the time though.

EDIT: Also if it's acting weird (And to whomever was having issues installing it), I really recommend using Gopher's FOMOD Script thing for Weapon Animation Replacers. It might also be worth adding to the OP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

e: stopped being a lazy gently caress and fixed it myself

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 31, 2012

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Disabled Project Reality, the game still stutters. It's definitely a "loading textures into memory" stutter as it's accompanied by a surge in hard drive activity.

While I'm redownloading the Medium pack, I'll probably pop in a couple more mods. I've perused the OP, but I'm curious as to if there are any other content mods (weapons, armor, enemies, etc.) that I should shove into the game. I currently don't have any content affecting mods aside from the DLC.

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Let's see...

Open your console and type the following, minus the quotes:
"setstage xx005229" (where XX is the mod index for the Dead Money DLC)
"setstage xx008891" (where XX is the mod index for the Honest Hearts DLC)

That *should* jumpstart the starting quests. Failing that, replace the "setstage" with "resetquest" command.

Thanks! "resetquest" did it. I looked up the quest id for the OWB starter quest, and did the same for that one.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Well... now it keeps telling me that it cannot detect the NVSE. I've got NVSE in the Data directory, and I'm using the fnv4gb.exe from the OP, and I get the same error whether I fire it off manually from the directory. The game will load up, and then FNV tells me that Project Nevada cannot detect NVSE. Here's what I've got firing off so far:

GunRunnersArsenal.esm
DeadMoney.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
CASM.esp
More Perks Update.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp

Total active plugins: 27
Total plugins: 27

In that order. Any ideas?

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

SpookyLizard posted:

Did you install any of the optional third person ones? Because if you didn't use the ones from the Default folder it changes the stances. Should be changed all the time though.

EDIT: Also if it's acting weird (And to whomever was having issues installing it), I really recommend using Gopher's FOMOD Script thing for Weapon Animation Replacers. It might also be worth adding to the OP.

Thanks, man, that did it.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011
I've started a RFCW run using my level 15 Courier, and everything seems to be fine - after getting used to Vegas' cowboy guns, it feels like the only guns in Fallout 3 were loving assault rifles - I've got 5.56 ammo falling out of the sky. I'm trying to think of what I can do to make the economy more challenging besides reducing the price of the regular and Chinese assault rifle in FNV. The game feels like it's just throwing expensive gear at me.

On the other hand, it is fun to be back - if anyone's finding NV a little stale, Fallout 3 is fun to go back to (just accept it for the goofy romp that it is), and the installation is more or less totally painless. Take your Courier for a little weekend break in DC and do some dungeon crawling, you owe it to yourself. Just make sure you don't bring any of your gear or caps with you to throw the economy out of whack - whatever happens Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Also:

:catstare:

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Ok, what the heck am I doing wrong with this FOMOD script for The Armory?

I've downloaded it four separate times on two different connections just to ensure the file isn't getting corrupted.

The last two times I've done it, I've noticed less of a delay to get the FOMOD script interface up, but upon selecting:

Main, All the leveled lists, the cabinet addon, and the Honest hearts compatibility, it kicks the same error up every single time.

Edit: Huh, went to Download RFCW and the file's hidden....awesome. Is it being updated?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arkitektbmw posted:

Ok, what the heck am I doing wrong with this FOMOD script for The Armory?

I've downloaded it four separate times on two different connections just to ensure the file isn't getting corrupted.

The last two times I've done it, I've noticed less of a delay to get the FOMOD script interface up, but upon selecting:

Main, All the leveled lists, the cabinet addon, and the Honest hearts compatibility, it kicks the same error up every single time.

Well, I certainty appreciate your devoted attempts to get it working for one. That being said, I think you may be better off downloading the manual 7zip install file for it and making your own fomod with it or just extracting it with the fomod deal at all at this point. We could also try to help troubleshoot on our IRC channel with you.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Naky posted:

Well, I certainty appreciate your devoted attempts to get it working for one. That being said, I think you may be better off downloading the manual 7zip install file for it and making your own fomod with it or just extracting it with the fomod deal at all at this point. We could also try to help troubleshoot on our IRC channel with you.

Ironically that's just what I'm doing. I wouldn't mind a bit of help in IRC though. Got a few questions regarding what's needed for what.

Once I get this finished it'll be fun times ahead with tweaking all of the ranger helmets to use Advanced Recon nightvision/heatvision instead of Project Nevada's.

Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

lethial posted:

Oh and one more question, sorry, but is there a stable and reliable mod that will increase the companion cap? I've tried all the mods that claim to have that functionality last time, and all of them are broken in some way. Most of them broken the scripts for the NPCs that you hired.
I hate to seem like I'm promoting myself here, but CCO's Follower Tweaks module raises the companion cap to a maximum of 5. It bases it off of your Charisma though, and does a variety of other things to balance out companions. You may not like some of the changes.

If all you want is more companions and nothing else, try the Unlimited Companions mod. I haven't tried it myself and I've heard some of the newer patches and DLCs broke it, so make of that what you will.