Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happydogska
Jan 26, 2003
It always smells like fish.
I'm certainly hoping that good things come in Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Pingiivi posted:

Well there's The Complete Far Side that has every strip in it in two big books. It's pretty awesome.

My childhood doctor had the full collection of The Far Side to read in the waiting room. That doctor loving owned. got me into Larson too young to understand half the jokes!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here is the original poster for More American Graffiti:

And here is the DVD cover:

It looks like a pamphlet handed out at the funeral for some kids who died in an illegal street race.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, he wrote a letter to the Internet basically saying "look guys, I appreciate that you love my stuff so much you want to share it, but it feels weird seeing other people do what they want with it and I'm kind of personally attached to it, so if you wouldn't put it online that'd be cool. Thanks."

I wish he would get over this aversion to the internet and put The Far Side online. Say what you want about Garfield, but with a click of a button you can literally view ANY Garfield strip since the first one. And Jim Davis is clearly not hurting as far as his collection books go.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

And here is the DVD cover:

It looks like a pamphlet handed out at the funeral for some kids who died in an illegal street race.

And for no purpose whatsoever. Aside from Ron Howard, by the time the DVD came out so few people even know who any one of the other floating heads is.

e: Also, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the Talking Box joke on the previous page.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Spent to much time in YLLS. Thought that bear was deadlifting a pair of tyres attached to an axle.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Bear poster brings to mind the late, lamented "How to Write Screenplays (Badly)" blog.

(If you're comfortable having the words "rape bear" in your search history you'll still find the post.)

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I didn't know Bear was the first one in a trilogy. I found a poster from the third movie.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"B3AR is just right!" -Peter Travers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happydogska posted:

I'm certainly hoping that good things come in Bear.

I read you, shark eyes. :golfclap:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mister Chief posted:

An ironic tagline, considering most people don't remember that American Graffiti had a sequel.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
:effort:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress. Yes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
gently caress yeah. Laughing Man/Grim Reaper all up in this bitch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
gently caress yeah, Brayker!

Machete Kills is going to rule so hard.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

This made me laugh hard. That bear is all :smith:. Good job! :D

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I saw Bear a while ago, and then some time later I saw the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where they get lost in the woods, and I get them mixed up in my head now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Am I the only one who, every time he scrolls past a Machete Kills poster, is compelled to croak out the title in a gravelly trailer guy voice?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

davidspackage posted:

Am I the only one who, every time he scrolls past a Machete Kills poster, is compelled to croak out the title in a gravelly trailer guy voice?

Not in the slightest; I don't know a person in the world who doesn't have their gravelly Banderas impression mastered for just such occasions (e.g. reading the description on the back of a bag of Salsitas).

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bullshit that can't be real.

Please be real.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

kiimo posted:

Bullshit that can't be real.

Please be real.

It's not :smith:

But my heart did skip a beat, and it was a wonderful few seconds where I imagined that it was real. It would be perfect.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I knew it wasn't real because no studio would bank on a choker like Fillion.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why not use the actual actor, Nolan North? It's his face, body, movement, and voice in the games.

(and Burt Reynolds as Sully)

e: in fact, just do Uncharted without Drake, and have it be a Sully movie.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Handsome Dead posted:

I knew it wasn't real because no studio would bank on a choker like Fillion.

Choker?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why not use the actual actor, Nolan North? It's his face, body, movement, and voice in the games.

(and Burt Reynolds as Sully)

e: in fact, just do Uncharted without Drake, and have it be a Sully movie.

He's too old and out of shape. And while it was him doing facial movement capture, it's never been a 1-1 replica of his face, Drake has much more chiseled features than Nolan North does. Also, Bruce Campbell as Sully :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone who ranks Bruce Campbell above Gator is a reprehensible rear end-bastard and I wish you nothing but ill fortune.

And rear end cancer.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I know fanboys everywhere would just die of happiness if Nathan Fillion were cast as Nate Drake.. but Fillion is WAY too old to be Drake.

Fillion is 41, Drake is in his mid to late twenties.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Filllion is still the only logical choice for Drake :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Filllion is still the only logical choice for Drake :colbert:

Michael Lombardi. :colbert:

e: :swoon:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why why why does Uncharted need a movie??? It loving is a movie as is dammit stop

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

the_american_dream posted:

Why why why does Uncharted need a movie??? It loving is a movie as is dammit stop

Because abs and Burt Reynolds.

That's why. :cmon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Coming to theaters Winter 2013

(Actually if this ever became a thing, Hideo Kojima would make sure to one-up Peter Jackson making The Hobbit into 3 movies by making any MGS movie into 6 :v:)

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Nathan Fillion and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You see, we like to adapt movies into videogames so we can have fun doing all the cool things the characters do. This isn't to be confused with wanting a videogame adapted into a movie so that we can sit back and watch someone else do all the cool things for us.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Speaking of videogame movies:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

That's a bad poster, alright, but it's not the main event here. Today's the day you lucky people get to see what Robert De Niro and Robin Williams' faces look like when they come.

Oh, I'm not done yet. IMP Awards has a much bigger version of this poster up. Witness the horror!

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pretty much everything he's been the lead on has failed or sucked. I enjoy him, but the nerd cache he has is absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Handsome Dead posted:

Pretty much everything he's been the lead on has failed or sucked. I enjoy him, but the nerd cache he has is absurd.

Isn't Castle in its 4th season?