Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

SquadronROE posted:

Ah-ha. So FNV4gb.exe and the NVSE_loader (and associated DLL's) go into FNV's root directory, right? When I was troubleshooting last night I grabbed the FNV4gb.exe that is to be used with NVSE but didn't grab a fresh copy of the NVSE_loader and associated files. I'll give that a shot first, as that might be all that is missing.

That's right. You'll want to follow Cream Of Plenty's instructions to run it in FOMM too:

1. Start up FOMM
2. Select "Settings"
3. Click on "Fallout: New Vegas" tab
4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. It should end up looking like:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Rather Dashing posted:

That's right. You'll want to follow Cream Of Plenty's instructions to run it in FOMM too:

1. Start up FOMM
2. Select "Settings"
3. Click on "Fallout: New Vegas" tab
4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. It should end up looking like:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"

I've definitely been doing that, too, but thanks for the help.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

SquadronROE posted:

1. Nuke the data directory, re-validate

Seems like this step will take a lot of time and bandwidth cap.

Go into Steam and validate FNV, then back it up inside Steam, then delete local content. Step out into Explorer and delete the now considerably smaller FNV directory. Then restore the backup. You may have to use Steam Mover again to put it back on your SSD (or mklink before you restore so it never writes to the mechanical drive in the first place).

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 31, 2012

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I tried using Enhanced Shaders light, but one of the files it requires, d3d9.dll, makes the game not start (when clicking play from the launcher it just reloads the launcher) and it does not work without that file. Any way to get it to work?

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
I appear to be having problems with Honest Hearts. I'm at the very end of Crush the White Legs, where Joshua has 3 of them lined up kneeling and seems to execute two of them. Thing is, he executes the first just fine, then shoots the second one and she doesn't die, and then he just lowers his guns and stands there silently. If I try using console commands to kill her he still just stands there. No idea what could be causing this so here's my load order

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
OWNB - Open World.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
SCAV.esm
Lings.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
AndyRaulFix.esp
jsawyer.esp
SHaM.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
OWNB - Red Canyon Overhaul.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
Continue After Ending V1.9.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
MBOWBExtended20.esp
MBOWBExtended40.esp
MBOWBExtended60.esp
MBOWBExtended80.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
AllCompanionsEssential 2.0b.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Western Sky.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
MediumBeard.esp
Receding Hairstyle.esp
EVE FNV-[GRA Patch for EVE 1.3].esp
Wild Wasteland YCS Fix.esp
Ballistic Mask.esp
StripOpenMain.esp

Total active plugins: 84
Total plugins: 120

Edit: Also, the White Leg that won't die seems to not be doing the cowering animation the others are. Instead she's kneeling there but staring at me, whilst the others are sort of looking at the ground and appear scared.

Davos fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 31, 2012

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Looks like it was caused by a missing file, a .dll, for NVSE.

Thanks for the help! I have to admit, these mods are making the game a whole lot more challenging! Also fun!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Looks like it was caused by a missing file, a .dll, for NVSE.

Thanks for the help! I have to admit, these mods are making the game a whole lot more challenging! Also fun!

Yup! NVSE allows a lot of cool stuff, too, like bits of Project Nevada and the Advanced Recon Tech. I think (but am not sure) that Gopher's HUD mods use it too? And those own bones.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Most any mod worth having uses NVSE - DUI, Project Nevada, Manual Reload, MCM et el.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
What can I do to make the 4GB NVSE launcher not utterly break my audio? I've tried launching via FOMM with the settings pointed to the 4GB launcher in the OP, tried launching with just fnv4gb.exe, reinstalled NVSE as well as the 4GB launcher, and cleared out my Fallout.ini

I'm using the linked builds for both NVSE and the 4GB launcher from NVSE's main page :(

Edit:

Tried making a new game, Doc doesn't say a thing and I'm already being asked to enter my name before I'm even sitting up. This 4GB enabler fucks sync poo poo up bad for me. It also seems that music gets priority over all other sound.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 1, 2012

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

Most any mod worth having uses NVSE - DUI, Project Nevada, Manual Reload, MCM et el.

We're not worth using then :(

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Select Fire, too. I'm fond of that one. Good player homes like Lombard Station use it too, for the sorting scripts and weapon wall stuff.

Question time: Does Roleplay start gently caress with the game overmuch? Is it easy to remove? I'm real tired of starting in Goodsprings on Doc Mitchell's bed, but I can only imagine that it'd really gently caress with the main story, like.

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011

SpookyLizard posted:

Question time: Does Roleplay start gently caress with the game overmuch? Is it easy to remove? I'm real tired of starting in Goodsprings on Doc Mitchell's bed, but I can only imagine that it'd really gently caress with the main story, like.

You still get the main quest and everything and can complete it, don't worry about that. I've just recovered the Platinum Chip and given it to House. However, I'm not 100% sure if it assigns you to a member of the faction you start nearby, as I've only ever started in Freeside (which is neutral). I doubt it will, but I'm worried it might permanently flag you as a member of the NCR meaning the Legion is automatically hostile, etc.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Beaumont posted:

You still get the main quest and everything and can complete it, don't worry about that. I've just recovered the Platinum Chip and given it to House. However, I'm not 100% sure if it assigns you to a member of the faction you start nearby, as I've only ever started in Freeside (which is neutral). I doubt it will, but I'm worried it might permanently flag you as a member of the NCR meaning the Legion is automatically hostile, etc.

While that doesn't sound pleasant, it does sound like it can be fixed with some console fuckery. Whatever, I'll give it a whirl.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I thought I'd mention Rancho Villa, it is exactly what I wanted from a player home and I figure someone else in this thread might appreciate it. It is cozy, setting appropriate, looks really nice, has a good amount of storage, and is right outside of Goodsprings. I'm not interested in sorters or mannequins, Rancho Villa shot right to being my favorite player home.

It is a weird criteria for this sort of thing, but it also is the only New Vegas player home that seems like it would be a comfortable place to live.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have some issues in VATS with some of the Armory weapons, i.e. they don't fire and I get locked in VATS while monsters eat me. Is this a known issue?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I tried using Enhanced Shaders light, but one of the files it requires, d3d9.dll, makes the game not start (when clicking play from the launcher it just reloads the launcher) and it does not work without that file. Any way to get it to work?

Any help?

Alternatively, are there any other good shaders that have a low performance cost?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Naky posted:

We're not worth using then :(

I lied, then. :getin:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

SpookyLizard posted:

While that doesn't sound pleasant, it does sound like it can be fixed with some console fuckery. Whatever, I'll give it a whirl.

As far as I can tell, the only thing it outright breaks is the tutorial quest should you turn up in Goodsprings - this has the knock on effect of you not being able to fight for/against the town.
My main issue with the mod is that wherever you start off, you're somewhat underpowered compared to the surrounding areas. It doesn't look as if NV is as adaptable as other Bethesda associated games to such mods.

Traveller In Time
Apr 4, 2009

You got anything to eat? I haven't eaten anything since later this afternoon.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I have some issues in VATS with some of the Armory weapons, i.e. they don't fire and I get locked in VATS while monsters eat me. Is this a known issue?

I've had this problem with vanilla weapons before, both on PC and 360. Think it's just a vanilla bug.

Traveller In Time fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 1, 2012

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Think I've fixed my poo poo. Had to fiddle with ffdshow and set the analogue outputs on my sound to default, so I just have to remember to turn the optical poo poo back on when I get done.

Hooray!

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a torrent available for Poco Bueno?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a torrent available for Poco Bueno?

It's on the Nexus, assuming that's the one you're talking about.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Genocyber posted:

It's on the Nexus, assuming that's the one you're talking about.

Yeah, I know Poco Bueno is on the Nexus, I'm asking if there's a torrent instead. I have a _really_ bad internet connection (average download speed is about 7kb/s) and a torrent would be the easiest way to download it since large downloads through a browser usually stall out and quit on me more often than not.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

As someone else said, it's a vanilla bug. Same as the odd glitches where you'll reload and sometimes the magazine will float in front of the gun and such but not all the time. We got a lot of those reports from people who don't realize that it's a problem with stock weapons too. TBQH, FO3 was clearly hurriedly put together essentially as a giant mod for Oblivion and suffers from a lot of bugs - bugs that FNV also suffer from to a lesser degree. I'm really hoping that they're putting a lot more time and energy into FO4's code split of Skyrim or I'll be really disappointed.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is it just me or is the GECK really crash happy when editing NPC appearances? I had the perfect Ranger Jackson made and all I had left that I wanted to do was lighten his hair color just a tiny bit. NOPE. Crash. Goddammit.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
If I'm using the FXAA Injector from the OP, is there also a way to use the Enhanced Shaders mod? They both include d3d9.dll is why I ask.

Or is it pointless since the FXAA Injector seems to do some of its own shading and such?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is it just me or is the GECK really crash happy when editing NPC appearances? I had the perfect Ranger Jackson made and all I had left that I wanted to do was lighten his hair color just a tiny bit. NOPE. Crash. Goddammit.

I was given to the understand that it crashed about as often as new vegas did: regularly, whenever it felt like it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SpookyLizard posted:

I was given to the understand that it crashed about as often as new vegas did: regularly, whenever it felt like it.

Yeah. Tell me about it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Getting rid of IWS really helped my stability a great deal.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SplitSoul posted:

I love IWS's concept, but its hit to performance and stability really sucks and it's not even really its fault. The engine just shits itself when there's a lot of characters on screen at once.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naky posted:

I love IWS's concept, but its hit to performance and stability really sucks and it's not even really its fault. The engine just shits itself when there's a lot of characters on screen at once.

True enough.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that makes it so the Van Graff's don't hate me once I complete Cassidy's companion quest?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Naky posted:

As someone else said, it's a vanilla bug. Same as the odd glitches where you'll reload and sometimes the magazine will float in front of the gun and such but not all the time. We got a lot of those reports from people who don't realize that it's a problem with stock weapons too. TBQH, FO3 was clearly hurriedly put together essentially as a giant mod for Oblivion and suffers from a lot of bugs - bugs that FNV also suffer from to a lesser degree. I'm really hoping that they're putting a lot more time and energy into FO4's code split of Skyrim or I'll be really disappointed.

This never happened before I added Armory stuff and happens only when I use modded weapons, so that's. . . Weird. I also never have a floating magazine problem. Who knows anymore. Unlimited replayability at the cost of stability.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

This never happened before I added Armory stuff and happens only when I use modded weapons, so that's. . . Weird. I also never have a floating magazine problem. Who knows anymore. Unlimited replayability at the cost of stability.

The animation glitches tend to happen more frequently on the FO3/Bethesda animations than on the new Obsidian ones.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SplitSoul posted:

It did? Good. I knew I wasn't crazy!

I'm sort of curious how often this is happening with you, but I'd like to repeat what Naky is saying: It's definitely a vanilla issue, and it may simply be coincidence that you had your first brush with it after installing the Armory. Personally, it seems to happen once every 6-8 hours, and then on automatic weapons more than other types. If you seem to be experiencing it on specific weapons, or on an hourly basis, then that'd be unusual.

Do you ever have the floating speedloader (for revolvers) issue? It's where the speedloader hangs out of the back end of the pistol, where the hammer would usually be.

Legs Benedict posted:

If I'm using the FXAA Injector from the OP, is there also a way to use the Enhanced Shaders mod? They both include d3d9.dll is why I ask.

Or is it pointless since the FXAA Injector seems to do some of its own shading and such?

I don't believe you can use both, for the reasons you pointed out. They're not identical--Enhanced Shaders adds some fancy things like DoF--but it basically boils down to which one you want to use more.

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
Hm. Just noticed SSL link is back (I wonder what racist comment the author made), but is it worth choosing over Electro-City now that EC has scaled back with the ton of crap it had?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

EC may not bug you at all, in which case, SSL is just another flavor of getting lights into the Mojave. They're sort of like the various weather mods now.

Gotcha, thanks.

Drake Lake fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 1, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Drake Lake posted:

Hm. Just noticed SSL link is back (I wonder what racist comment the author made), but is it worth choosing over Electro-City now that EC has scaled back with the ton of crap it had?

EC may not bug you at all, in which case, SSL is just another flavor of getting lights into the Mojave. They're sort of like the various weather mods now.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've used both recently, and vastly prefer SSL. EC still has a bunch of NPC's and poo poo laying around. They are a bit denser in EC than SSL, though, if that affects you. I kinda prefer the less.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It did? Good. I knew I wasn't crazy!

I'm sort of curious how often this is happening with you, but I'd like to repeat what Naky is saying: It's definitely a vanilla issue, and it may simply be coincidence that you had your first brush with it after installing the Armory. Personally, it seems to happen once every 6-8 hours, and then on automatic weapons more than other types. If you seem to be experiencing it on specific weapons, or on an hourly basis, then that'd be unusual.

Do you ever have the floating speedloader (for revolvers) issue? It's where the speedloader hangs out of the back end of the pistol, where the hammer would usually be.

I rarely have animation problems, but the VATS hang tends to happen only with certain guns, and more often when the bad guys are in melee range, though not always.

I also have issues where VATS takes a long time to calculate my hit %, or won't calculate at all, so I have to go in and out of VATS. This seems related to the number of critters on screen and the amount of debris or world geometry in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I rarely have animation problems, but the VATS hang tends to happen only with certain guns, and more often when the bad guys are in melee range, though not always.

I also have issues where VATS takes a long time to calculate my hit %, or won't calculate at all, so I have to go in and out of VATS. This seems related to the number of critters on screen and the amount of debris or world geometry in the way.

I seem to recall the VATS % delays having something to do with anti-aliasing.