Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

Sorry to nit pick, but if the Crockett did 17 damage from its kick to the Jenner IIC, then shouldn't it have had 1 damage left over to transfer to the side torso after going through 8 armor and 8 structure?

It actually did 3 to the side torsos, since the Jenner's right leg had taken an SRM. I just didn't bother to record it because two lost legs = dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Zaodai posted:

Except this is a campaign and you might regret using up all your ammo a mission or two down the line when your weapons are now deadweight.

If they death commandos are running around with literally no supplies then they deserve what's coming to them.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Longinus00 posted:

If they death commandos are running around with literally no supplies then they deserve what's coming to them.

They've got supplies, but presumably not enough to make ammo no concern at all or it wouldn't make any sense to track logistics between missions. If your goal is to piss away all your ammo every mission, you're going to run out of ammo before you run out of fights.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

It actually did 3 to the side torsos, since the Jenner's right leg had taken an SRM. I just didn't bother to record it because two lost legs = dead.

Ahhhh, understood. Thanks for clarifying!

SageSepth
May 10, 2004
Luck is probability given way to superstition

Zaodai posted:

They've got supplies, but presumably not enough to make ammo no concern at all or it wouldn't make any sense to track logistics between missions. If your goal is to piss away all your ammo every mission, you're going to run out of ammo before you run out of fights.

It would make sense to track it for say, damage concerns for instance. Also, we will probably be looting dead or disabled mechs for ammo, that Jenner IIC is probably going to provide plenty of SRM ammo for instance.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Maybe. It's Clan ammo, I have no idea if it's actually compatible or not.

My overall point was merely that we have to think in context of the entire campaign this time rather than the previous missions where you wanted to use all your ammo for both the explosion prevention and for getting the damage out into the field, and you never had to worry about how many supplies you had left on your dropship.

It will probably be a bigger issue with LRMs where we're already using specialized launchers that wouldn't take Clan ammo and MRMs which eat through ammo like nothing and aren't really going to be restockable from the Clans at all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

It figures that I would finish up crawling through this thread right smack in the middle of the biggest battle ever attempted by PTN. I had trouble following some of the smaller ones!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

It figures that I would finish up crawling through this thread right smack in the middle of the biggest battle ever attempted by PTN. I had trouble following some of the smaller ones!

Ah, but now that you're caught up you can ask questions about what's going on!

Incidentally, and I'm not promising anything, I may have talked George Ledoux into picking up a Something Awful account

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 1, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Incidentally, and I'm not promising anything, I may have talked George Ledoux into picking up a Something Awful account

If you're lurking out there, we'd be glad to have you, George!

(We're all big fans.)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hell, if he wants to join us I'll buy him an account. It wouldn't be the worst $10 I ever spent.

[EDIT] Assuming he has an email address or something I could send the gift certificate code to, anyway.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Unfortunately I think a majority of things I have questions about Ist Verboten, but that is a silver lining.

edit: goons please do not ruin George Ledoux :mad:

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 1, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

If only there was some way to limit his account to just this thread...

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

If only there was some way to limit his account to just this thread...

And the Mechwarrior Online thread. He already loves Goons because of us dicking over pubbies in MWO. :allears:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zaodai posted:

Hell, if he wants to join us I'll buy him an account. It wouldn't be the worst $10 I ever spent.

[EDIT] Assuming he has an email address or something I could send the gift certificate code to, anyway.

I'd buy him a gangtag and also kill anyone else who tries to beat me to it.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Zaodai posted:

And the Mechwarrior Online thread. He already loves Goons because of us dicking over pubbies in MWO. :allears:

If that's the case, he should record a message to the MWO community and have it be interrupted with SQUAWK

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
We should start a pool to buy him all the necessary account features.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Cowcaster posted:

I've emerged from my long lurking slumber too, and i've bought an account with archives just for this post. Great Job, PTN!

Sadly, all my Battletech knowledge stems from this very thread (even if i've been an avid MechWarrior player years ago), so i won't be too useful in tactical decisions...but you'll have my vote as soon as the next political choice arrives!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 1, 2012

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Riven just back up 3 and right turn, the incubus is going to be busy with a phawk up in its grill alpha the incubus.

Hm, that's not bad, assuming I'm not wandering my rear end out and away from the pack. This order set looks like this:

Back up 3 (2230 → 2529), turn NW (4 MP, 3 hexes, TH +1). Torso twist N, fire 3x MRM-10s at the the H4 Incubus (TH 7; +1 gunnery +1 walked + 4 target movement + 2 range - 1 iLK). Heat + 13, sink 18. Incubus has partial cover.

H4 Incubus would have 6s on its ER PPC and 8s on its 2x ERMLs. I would have partial cover. H1 Thresher would have 8s on its UAC/10 and 10s on its 2x MPLs. I don't think I see LOS to anyone else.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 1, 2012

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

That Italian Guy posted:

Sadly, all my Battletech knowledge stems from this very thread (even if i've been an avid MechWarrior player years ago), so i won't be too useful in tactical decisions...but you'll have my vote as soon as the next political choice arrives!
Don't worry, there's really only three important tactical considerations in Battletech:
  • Shoot that guy. In the back.
  • Move so you don't get shot.
  • If you can't do the above, do something cool.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

Don't worry, there's really only three important tactical considerations in Battletech:

Forgot one: Concentrate fire.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Here are the options I am considering: (I'm Y12)

1) Run to 1825, shoot at V1 with my large laser and medium lasers.

2) Run to 1826, shoot at H4 with my large laser and medium lasers.

3) Run to 2524, shoot everything I have at H4, and then also kick him in the head (or wherever, but it is a kick from one level above)

Anybody have any suggestions for me, the noble Phoenix Hawk pilot?

I'm a light, so 1 and 2 sound like decent ideas, but 3 has a head kick

\/\/ Hey George since everybody is going to ignore me to talk to you, what do you think I should do with my turn? \/\/

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 1, 2012

GeorgeLedoux
Aug 1, 2012

Yet again, any person foolish to face the Merc Man goes down in flames. He's the real deal, and he's just as good in the arena as he is in the field. He's even got his own fan club I hear.

Cowcaster posted:

edit: goons please do not ruin George Ledoux :mad:

No worries. I am not so easily sullied. :firstpost:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

GeorgeLedoux posted:

That is probably a good thing, because I am almost certain that Goons are going to try.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

GeorgeLedoux posted:

Oh man, I am totally reading this in the Duncan Fisher voice.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
No no no, you're supposed to make an introductory thread in GBS so you can be properly hazed first. Don't actually do this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Focus fire is for non idiots honorless surats :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

thatbastardken posted:

No no no, you're supposed to make an introductory thread in GBS so you can be properly hazed first. Don't actually do this.

Seriously don't do this. It will expose you to some of the worst people humanity has to offer for no actual reason.

It's just what we tell undesirables to do to make them suffer.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I don't think I've ever clicked the GBS forum link.

I don't think I ever will.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GeorgeLedoux posted:

Welcome :)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

GeorgeLedoux posted:

Well, I'll be. I know most of the people here and most of the people I know who have played MW4:Mercs throughly enjoyed your voice work. Welcome!

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

GeorgeLedoux posted:

Make the MWO Devs hire you for the inevitable Solaris matches they hinted at and dump tons of money on you. I mean they can start now right? Voice works gotta take a long time to record, I'm sure their's thousands of hours worth of witty quips they could pay you for. What else are they going to spend the money on anyway, programmers? Heh, like thats been working out for them. :smug:

Welcome from #megamek!

Arraxis
Jul 10, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

I only made my account for the LP area, really, since I like the participatory threads, telling the creator they've done a great job, occasionally trying to say something insightful, and for when people without accounts aren't able to view it.

George, are you going to sign up as a pilot, or are content to sit on the sidelines and say witty things? :D

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't think I've ever clicked the GBS forum link.

I don't think I ever will.

Really I check it out for the ghost story threads, and to verify when someone tells me a celebrity died in one of the PYF funny image threads.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Now we just need to figure out a retro scenario where George Ledoux gets to control a younger Duncan Fisher piloting a Highlander.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I mostly just check it for Hellbastard's comic, even though it rarely updates.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Ba Donk a Bonk posted:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Well, you can count on me to do exactly those 4 things when my turns come! :black101:

(is it still possible to sign in as a MechWarrior, PTN?)PoptartsNinja

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Longinus00 posted:

Not if your game plan is to use up all of your ammo before it becomes a liability.

I failed to do so, but the fact I only had one salvo left is why I survived the mission!

Well, that and I went to Pennsylvania and stalled out the last turn.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, no, rule four is Forget to concentrate fire.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

GeorgeLedoux posted:

Welcome! I must say that your work as Duncan Fisher added to my experience in Solaris immensely. Hope you enjoy your stay on SA. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sadly, no one remembers the other 17 roles you played :v:

• Locked thread