Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Coming to theaters Winter 2013

(Actually if this ever became a thing, Hideo Kojima would make sure to one-up Peter Jackson making The Hobbit into 3 movies by making any MGS movie into 6 :v:)

The only MGS game I could see that would have the best shot at becoming a movie is Snake Eater. It's all fairly self-contained and works really well as a James Bond parody-lite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

404GoonNotFound posted:

Isn't Castle in its 4th season?

"Failed or sucked" implies there are alternatives to failing.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

the_american_dream posted:

Why why why does Uncharted need a movie??? It loving is a movie as is dammit stop

Not everyone has a PS3! :mad:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They already made 2 Tomb Raider movies, 2 National Treasure movies and 4 Indiana Jones movies.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Noticeably lacking from all 8 films?

Abs and Burt Reynolds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretty sure the first Tomb Raider had a naked Daniel Craig in one scene which is more than enough for all 8 :allears:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pretty sure the first Tomb Raider had a naked Daniel Craig in one scene which is more than enough for all 8 :allears:

I still haven't seen the first film, but was coerced by friends to see the second one (with Gerard Butler instead of Daniel Craig) in theaters. It was absolutely terrible and even teenage me noticed the noble savages led by Djimon Hounsou; it was probably the first movie I saw in theaters that I acknowledged was terrible.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mister Chief posted:

3 Indiana Jones movies.

Fixed that for you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Fixed that for you.

Seriously. Last Crusade, aka a commercial for Young Indiana Jones, was terrible.

Plus: the wacky adventures of Sean Connery!

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!

BlueBayou posted:

I know fanboys everywhere would just die of happiness if Nathan Fillion were cast as Nate Drake.. but Fillion is WAY too old to be Drake.

Fillion is 41, Drake is in his mid to late twenties.

:goonsay: Actually, UC3 pegs his age at 35, so Fillion/North could both still work. (Not that it'd ever actually happen)

Edit: An Uncharted movie would suck anyway. The whole point of the games is that they're a homage to those sort of movies, actually turning them into a film would just make them generic as hell.

Ein Bear fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 1, 2012

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Seriously. Last Crusade, aka a commercial for Young Indiana Jones, was terrible.

Plus: the wacky adventures of Sean Connery!

Holy poo poo, I found a rare idea!

Last Crusade was loving amazing -- not sure what you're smoking.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Coffee And Pie posted:

Fixed that for you.

Just curious, does anyone know the origin or precursor of this joke ("I didn't like this franchise entry, so it doesn't exist/isn't 'canon'")?

Also put me in the 'making an Uncharted movie is a good idea' camp.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Slate Action posted:

Just curious, does anyone know the origin or precursor of this joke ("I didn't like this franchise entry, so it doesn't exist/isn't 'canon'")?

It goes at least as far back as the Star Wars Christmas Special, but I remember reading some terrible things about the Sherlock Holmes fandom, so I'd guess that fans have always been like that.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo, I found a rare idea!

Last Crusade was loving amazing -- not sure what you're smoking.

wooosh!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Machete fan made poster to go with all the Machete Kills talk:

Mondo Goonies poster:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Mister Chief posted:

Machete fan made poster to go with all the Machete Kills talk:

Mondo Goonies poster:

Note about the Mondo one: It didn't sell out where they were selling it, so it's gonna be sold online at some point soon. Also the gold is metallic.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Robert Denby posted:

That's a bad poster, alright, but it's not the main event here. Today's the day you lucky people get to see what Robert De Niro and Robin Williams' faces look like when they come.

Oh, I'm not done yet. IMP Awards has a much bigger version of this poster up. Witness the horror!

The Big Wedding: Comedy Doesn't Get Any Whiter!

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's literally the opposite of the American version of Death at a Funeral.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure this comes from a still in the film License to Wed. The movie is only notable by how little it understands what it is trying to parody.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hopefully there's a massive carbon monoxide leak at that wedding.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is there a woman on the poster who isn't mentioned in the cast? Must have a lovely agent.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Nobody's posted the European version of the poster yet, which I think better encapsulates the spirit of the film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ahahahaha the look on De Niro's face is beautiful.

Oh God every expression is beautiful. This is beautiful.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

That's a bad poster, alright, but it's not the main event here. Today's the day you lucky people get to see what Robert De Niro and Robin Williams' faces look like when they come.

Holy poo poo, Topher Grace! I hadn't heard about him in aged so I figured he died or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jasta posted:

Holy poo poo, Topher Grace! I hadn't heard about him in aged so I figured he died or something.
Nope he didn't die, just his career.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Mister Chief posted:

Mondo Goonies poster:

I know that's supposed to be gold, but it really looks like One-Eyed Willie's mouth is full of bees.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tomero_the_Great posted:

I know that's supposed to be gold, but it really looks like One-Eyed Willie's mouth is full of bees.

You know that makes it better right?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tomero_the_Great posted:

How do you think he died?

BiggusDickus
Apr 18, 2008

Tomero_the_Great posted:

BEADS?!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

BiggusDickus' not on board.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Now all we need to do is get One-Eyed Willie's agent to give him a starring role in Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress. Yes.

Oh god, I'm so torn on this now.
I cannot stand Lady Gaga, so that earlier poster put me right off.

But William Sadler is William Sadler and I love that guy to death. Especially as Death.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

gently caress yea I want this one. And I also thought he had a mouth full of bees which made it even awesomer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Did killing him bring back there goddamn honey?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Slate Action posted:

Its a good idea because a 2 hour runtime would force them to cut all of the boring, boring combat and meaningless subplots so that we can focus on the real charm of the series: Sully.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Dead posted:

Pretty much everything he's been the lead on has failed or sucked. I enjoy him, but the nerd cache he has is absurd.

Well, the studios don't care about "sucked" anyway.

But I actually was thinking the same thing about Fillion after Drive was cancelled after two weeks- "Man, this guy's career has gotta be in trouble." But someone explained to me that to casting directors and producers, what matters is that he can play a lead- he won't sell tickets with his name but he can be relied on to play that part credibly. Firefly, Slither, etc. all gave him enough cachet to get the lead in Castle, which was a hit.

Hollywood is funny like that. There's an old quote from one memoir or another (bear in mind inflation), "If a director makes a movie for $20 million and it's a flop, what matters is that he brought it in for $20 million. The worst thing you can do is have a small hit."

It's rare for your career to just end because your movies/shows don't do well. "Box office poison" is rarely something people get (and of course, the source of that term was Katherine Hepburn after Bringing Up Baby, and shortly after that she played The Philadelphia Story on Broadway and then on film and was a profitable star again.)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, the studios don't care about "sucked" anyway.

I can think of two instances where studios actually said "this sucks".

Die Another Day was the (previously) most successful Bond movie, but it was so bad the studio opted to shitcan the franchise and start over. And it paid off.

Batman and Robin was a massive success. The studio said "this sucks" and refused a sequel, opting to shitcan the franchise and start over. And you can see that paid off to the tune of billions of dollars.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

^^ The Last Airbender had this situation as well. It was released, made bank from opening weekend showings, but then when they saw the backlash they too went "This sucks" and didn't plan for a sequel.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

You know what didn't make the studios go "this sucks" and can the franchise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
You remember all that activity? That paranormal activity? Well, this is the most activity your going to get. This is the loving zenith of activity.