Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Can't say I do, other than it was one of the guys actually on the stream, so presumably they actually know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Shaking to break out of Freeze status is definitely there, and it's even one of the Trials you have to perform in the Training Mode.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-persona-4-arena/17-6400/

Showcased in GiantBombs quicklook (EDIT: at the 10 minute mark)

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 2, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, that's pretty lame then.

I guess you won't have to really use it that often though, at least. Probably just random ice hits at neutral.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Probably just random ice hits at neutral.
Or you don't have the Mitsuru freeze combos down yet :madmax:

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well, that's pretty lame then.

I guess you won't have to really use it that often though, at least. Probably just random ice hits at neutral.

A good chunk of Elizabeth's combos have bufu in them. This video has a coupple of examples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ1BWcZQAmU&t=635s

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm sure every ice move has a certain amount of unbreakable frames depending on strength of move/meter spent blah blah blah. So I'm pretty sure just about everyone is going to be doing legit ice combos regardless.

Though I'm pretty sure everyone knows this too so i dunno why I'm posting.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just thought I'd pop by and let this thread know that there's a lot of Persona 4 going down on BrokenTiers stream at the moment.

http://www.twitch.tv/brokentiertv

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah the wiggle kind of sucks but it's not a big deal because all the freeze moves are kind of unsafe so it's not like you get hit with freeze from neutral often. It's only kind of annoying with Mitsuru's long range freeze thing but if she doesn't mess up she get's a combo regardless of how fast you wiggle anyway so you're kind of just wiggling in case she messes up.

Edit: And for Liz's freezes it's just part of her combos so I don't even bother wiggling.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I noticed when I watched the giantbomb quicklook the other day that on character select you could pick your "narrator" (or something to that effect), but the only unlocked option was Rise. Will you be able to unlock fuuka I guess?

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

LibbyM posted:

I noticed when I watched the giantbomb quicklook the other day that on character select you could pick your "narrator" (or something to that effect), but the only unlocked option was Rise. Will you be able to unlock fuuka I guess?

Yup. You can also unlock Mitsuru, Teddie, Yosuke, and I think Nanako, also they might be adding more through DLC.

Basketofpancakes
Sep 26, 2005
Quick question related to Persona 3 which I just downloaded onto my Vita: Anything important I need to know going into a series I'm not at all familiar with? Things I can miss out on, or is it all very self-explanatory?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Basketofpancakes posted:

Quick question related to Persona 3 which I just downloaded onto my Vita: Anything important I need to know going into a series I'm not at all familiar with? Things I can miss out on, or is it all very self-explanatory?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428684&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=146
For the Shin Megami Megathread.

I wouldn't go in knowing too much personally. Just make sure you can reach as far as the dungeon will let you go, before the next fullmoon. I personally also like to keep a backup save at the start of every month, though I don't think I ever needed it in the end.

Edit: there's these things called social links where you can get extra story out of characters by spending time with them. If you play as the boy protagonist you can only social link with half of your party. If you play as the girl protagonist you can social link with your entire party. That's probably worth thinking about.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 3, 2012

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

September 7th confirmed for EU release date... Phew, I was worried about a BlazBlue-esque situation where I had to wait until 2014 or something.

source

CrashTestVictim
Oct 2, 2003

...roink PERFECT.
I don't know if Newegg is good about release day shipping but if you preorder it from Newegg atm with promo code EMCNBNG58 it knocks $10 off the price.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!
To all of you NYC goons, Videogames New York on 6th st. is selling the game now. They have about 100 copies between PS3 and 360 with another shipment supposedly coming at 4pm. The soundtrack is included as well. Just picked up my copy. :smugteddie:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

CaptainPoopsock posted:

To all of you NYC goons, Videogames New York on 6th st. is selling the game now. They have about 100 copies between PS3 and 360 with another shipment supposedly coming at 4pm. The soundtrack is included as well. Just picked up my copy. :smugteddie:

Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna head over there after I did some errands, hope they still have stock or they have restocked by the time I show up.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

Brett824 posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Was gonna head over there after I did some errands, hope they still have stock or they have restocked by the time I show up.

There was a line in front of the store before opening. I think you should be fine, especially if what they said about a second shipment is true. They also had these awesome P4A decals for $6 that I should have grabbed but didn't. :( Good luck, but stay out of the subways. It's hot as BALLS down there today!

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Cat Machine posted:

September 7th confirmed for EU release date... Phew, I was worried about a BlazBlue-esque situation where I had to wait until 2014 or something.

source

Knowing how these things go I have a feeling September will turn into October which will turn into November but I will remain optimistic I guess!!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

CaptainPoopsock posted:

There was a line in front of the store before opening. I think you should be fine, especially if what they said about a second shipment is true. They also had these awesome P4A decals for $6 that I should have grabbed but didn't. :( Good luck, but stay out of the subways. It's hot as BALLS down there today!

Just got it a bit ago, they had a bunch left in stock. I'm just a crosstown bus away, so I luckily avoided the subway.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Got my copy in the usual place in Newark.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Also came to post that the usual place in Newark has it, leaving Philly now to grip!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Lucky. I don't think there's any date breakers near Seattle... :smith:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

source

Yeah, I trust that date just about as far as I trust ATLUS these days.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
FYI The 360 version is unplayable online.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
That's been known for a bit dude. Maybe I should have warned everyone?

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Supposedly that date came from MCV, which is an industry magazine here in the UK so if that's true then I would assume that that date's legit.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Waterbed posted:

FYI The 360 version is unplayable online.

Haven't they mentioned that they have a fix for it in certification?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

That's been known for a bit dude. Maybe I should have warned everyone?

I'm reiterating it. It's not bad. It's god awful. Can't even play people close to you without it running at below 50% speed.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

TRIP REPORT

The A, A, A combo stuff doesn't really get in the way. It's cool for characters you know nothing about, and you can usually do A, B, C for a real combo anyway

Challenge mode is cool it's pretty much what we're doing tonight because I don't understand all the drat mechanics

Everybody seems solid at scrub casual american level, even Yosuke

Um.... combos are easy and you RPG guys shouldn't be scared of this as your first fighter

I've also been hearing way too much of the story mode info from my JRPG friend

edit: i think we're going to put a post it note on the TV that says 'B is not the button you think it is'

edit: that default training mode song can get stuck in your head

SET ME UP

DONT SET ME UP

blah blah japan japan

SET ME UP

DONT SET ME UP

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 4, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm tempted to take the trip into NYC just to get it from Video Games New York. Anyone there later in the day able to tell if they were running out?

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

I'm tempted to take the trip into NYC just to get it from Video Games New York. Anyone there later in the day able to tell if they were running out?

You should because that store rules, they're not Gamestop and they have staff that actually know a thing or two about video games. :) Give them a call tomorrow. I think they open at 11am. I'll also be in the area again tomorrow so I could check for you. How far away are you?

Oh yeah, Persona 4. This game is incredible. I've been going through the challenges just to learn the characters and how they play. I really can't decide who my favorites are, but Akihiko and Mitsuru are pretty fun. Also digging Naoto. If anyone wants to spar, practice or just screw around my PSN is SirSpergsalot.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Cash for Games at Newark, NJ had one PS3 copy and multiple 360 copies an hour before closing tonight (Friday)

edit: Challenge mode is fairly easy i feel good about my skillz :)

gently caress charge char acters mitsuru :smith:

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 4, 2012

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Cityinthesea posted:

Haven't they mentioned that they have a fix for it in certification?

IIRC Blazblue 360 had some similar issues the first week or so and they fixed it very quickly.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

CaptainPoopsock posted:

You should because that store rules, they're not Gamestop and they have staff that actually know a thing or two about video games. :) Give them a call tomorrow. I think they open at 11am. I'll also be in the area again tomorrow so I could check for you. How far away are you?

Oh yeah, Persona 4. This game is incredible. I've been going through the challenges just to learn the characters and how they play. I really can't decide who my favorites are, but Akihiko and Mitsuru are pretty fun. Also digging Naoto. If anyone wants to spar, practice or just screw around my PSN is SirSpergsalot.

I was there last week. Jaw hit the floor with the amount and variety of games. Shot the breeze with the employees there for a while and had a great time. I'm in New Jersey, but I might head in to hang out with my sister as well.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I am too lazy to have both my PS3 and 360 TEs out at the same time. Did the Blazblue series have good netcode? I really hope the patch comes out for 360 in a quick manner.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Kuai posted:

I am too lazy to have both my PS3 and 360 TEs out at the same time. Did the Blazblue series have good netcode? I really hope the patch comes out for 360 in a quick manner.

Blazblue had oddly good netcode. You'd wait a little while before the match (I've waited up to a minute but that's really rare, it's mostly 5-10 seconds) for you to sync together, and then the match ran really smoothly. It syncs before the match in this game too so it should be about the same.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Dang! I was in the St. Mark's area today, should have checked in at VGNY. Guess I'll go in tomorrow to pick it up, along with the soundtrack! Thanks for the tip, thread!

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
If any of you guys live in Bakersfield, CA Otto's Video Games and More should have one or two PS3 copies left.

Anyways, this is an ArcSys rear end game from the bone, and I like it a lot.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009
Anyone from Los Angeles on here know of any shops that are selling the game early? Sorta... fiending... over... here... *shakes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

2012 posted:

Anyone from Los Angeles on here know of any shops that are selling the game early? Sorta... fiending... over... here... *shakes*

Same question but change the place to the bay area for me. Wanna spend my weekend learning Chie combos and the only arcade that has a setup for it within reasonable driving distance doesn't open till 5 :(

• Locked thread