Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Goddamnit you loving amazon cloud, why the gently caress is the login server down when it's Friday night and I want to play Minecraft until my eyes bleed? :argh:

In other news, I've never made a house I liked so much before. :3:
(ignore the stupid grass ladder, I want a potted plant upstairs)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Boat posted:

Goddamnit you loving amazon cloud, why the gently caress is the login server down when it's Friday night and I want to play Minecraft until my eyes bleed? :argh:

____/

It is a lovely house, btw

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Am I the only one whos minecraft is ALWAYS respawning me, on every save file, so that I fall through the entire Earth and die now?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
every server i attempt to connect to gives me
code:
Internal exception: java.net.socketexception: connection reset
is the auth server loving poo poo up?

UPDATE: apparently every server i attempted to connect to haven't bothered to update yet. slowass fucks.

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 4, 2012

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Am I the only one whos minecraft is ALWAYS respawning me, on every save file, so that I fall through the entire Earth and die now?

I've had that happen 4/6 the time I've gone to the nether today. Three time exiting and opening the save fixed it, the last time I fell into lava. Also, the first time I died in the nether today my portal moved. I respawned, went to the nether, and "Hey, this isn't where I was and all my stuff is gone!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Frobbe posted:

UPDATE: apparently every server i attempted to connect to haven't bothered to update yet. slowass fucks.

Personally, I'm waiting to update my server until Bukkit to update as well. I don't want to go back to the times where Endermen can pluck things apart, Creepers blow everything to hell, people can flint and steel stuff to ashes, and the nether fast track system is blown with holes.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

I'm surprised that modders seem to be taking so long with updates. Was 1.3 so incredibly different that it is taking them longer than the week of prerelease to get everything working again?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Never start building anything that needs a lot of brick stairs.

They must be the most inefficient block type to make. NEED. MORE. CLAY.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Laser Spider posted:

I'm surprised that modders seem to be taking so long with updates. Was 1.3 so incredibly different that it is taking them longer than the week of prerelease to get everything working again?

Each release is different because it's released obsfucated and has to be mapped. Then the API's have to come out, and then the mods update. 1.3 changes everything too in the engine for single player, so there's that. Mod's will be gone for a month or so.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
Yep, this completely broke the nether on a game I've been playing since I bought this a couple months ago. gently caress.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Boat posted:

This looks like a screenshot from The Sims.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leyburn posted:

I really wish there was a way to create clay, or that putting clay in a furnace gave you more than one brick.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Jamesman posted:

I really wish there was a way to create clay, or that putting clay in a furnace gave you more than one brick.

Crafting it from dirt, maybe? Plus another ingredient so it wouldn't instantly become too plentiful.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought clay was super common if you looked in swamp biome ponds?

VVV Still a dozen times better than using iron blocks as your primary material.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 4, 2012

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah but it takes 24 bits of clay to make 4 sets of brick stairs.

Edit: Makin' bricks...

Leyburn fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 4, 2012

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jamesman posted:

Once modding finally stabilizes in the coming updates and you don't need to rewrite/republish the mod every time there's a patch, Syrup and I might get back to our old mods. There was one where using fire or the sun, soil, and water, you could produce your own clay. I really enjoy the farming system in this game, so another material you could build producers for was a big motivation for me.

We stopped short of the demon sheep that you can shear for obsidian though.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
And the result of all that clay digging, if anyone is interested...

woo hoo!

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Boat posted:

What texture pack is that?

DeeBye
Aug 24, 2003

For he goes birling down a-down the white water

Internet Kraken posted:

I thought clay was super common if you looked in swamp biome ponds?

Dig in 1 or 2 block deep rivers. It's plentiful there.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Leyburn posted:

Find a swamp.

Also large biomes helps A LOT. I've got 2 extra stacks of bricks and I already built a whole house.

Re:

Colonel J posted:

This looks like a screenshot from The Sims.

Minecraft Overviewer is the poo poo.

Zet posted:

What texture pack is that?

That's my personal Painterly mix. I've got the zip hosted for use with the new multiplayer automagical texturepack downloader on the private server I run for me and my nephews. If you'd like I can email you a link since it includes a custom pumpkin overlay with better visibility and a reticule for fighting endermen.

Otherwise you can plug this code into the Painterly Pack Password to generate your own with a more normal pumpkin overlay:

eJzlWk1747YR/kM5ZJO2aQ886MOSvfWHYmrXTW+QBFF4BBIsSFpWfn3fwQAEKImbzbFPD7bJdwYgMJh
vWOh2JbbHh62pspUWVfuDuIW8mkZmS1UV0tLrs2jabCq1djS5e+qagzWmzPA87drWVESYSlXInhTxpc
KsAccIGnWFu8Fjg6YGcJnNrBTlUvEyBgx5K/FF0UiizMS27RrajHJTzWUjbZsfbLfJXrR6l8ywtKari
b62Umop3mWTTZUp5dQasRsSHJ4tjd7J6l5YIE5Mn7uq0IOxjMy0aBq1dbJVlXyWcqcDBwFE+NLIhMYf
eDYXQxhOhkyV3R5S5gSYy73odOs585Mo60cp9in3Behel9ilk9OjKVpTp9M8G1sKPRX2mL0Zs4tbdhA
/hhU7iB7meIgrI9Q9zU3buCWIWkOxMmIrwqc9yDP6iRe2U21CpLl7UXjMzczzvyntFphDchC1Fgd6ez
tI0Q7f/PkNwSlUazeECotDfKnkzGjTWbdeJ7Urhrw9Y9GPwhYXtPXJfHswGHhwvoVyrgVr9sP7mVUlS
HJmtkaszC5L9OpJalN9JZEMWKeqWHVlfVQVWYus2X4dc/YmWmlLenRnxmwsrvBSwybafgTThsNeWbyi
3BinUY9Kn2sSHa3iTe3k/xI4V7bN6JezdjgWOKfwuqQDyvpDc69X5ugM6MrAvLcg5Xbv/fhHWRXtIXs
0VeGEfN5qqTq4UeONIyAXjHllTnOr9lFpCfFME681W7nQRma/STcTufLjVJvt0SlfXnrlcri3s9kBdl
B17ZDo7OxRFYcLnG3tVZx62I2HglCc2EXAWUKKWrFv12JDX4wKPDXm2BykJte5ENX27LRL7JTJ1p2tW
uJ3x/K8zvJjx18kLzQ3xvZyWFtROwCf25nT2qrSnbbY7WTkehVKN1mwEfeGzzctsaiix+ayldsWk/U7
zFVR1SZxFlPS/l87xf7xXlTw0nExBhKSTbI4VZ+UlZ6Nvv9g2YwCKVt4ZZoa+KnE9c6EHbxTcMsRG+P
XFobEjLemDTtz0Bo+fCUqqVnDm1pWjThwOISQuqa1SvCxqgYz5jCGLDda7SK2wDLb7KFCuGtlgk+RKW
RLKezGfER0pTvKFOJX/cRaIdx52isF4Xej7PfQX2wiRRLZAKAwPADmSpSmGmJ3pbTC8/lnqK5Ta1aQW
jWDAUhKaFHSgTgedrwbaKGDsUChsWxW3oQwtQoy6anu1bGwqj8ZeJHBWEJGB1kIGDmVI/uX3jhebCVK
HIjQrAh8POHs74Xee3sniYaUbGcJmoK/4Q+cm5ZCeuNtnAOEh1P7JLE7y3qVqtpDs1kPCEZQb1JW/0i
kDF5UJhid1SXmjwvHsoEovI9gkj+pcGJ5Ccd46M+Lt9dr2cxgxamWPFSFaQdqco08d0Uh24z/JMqT5Q
dhd4nm9FrT1VKmChI8bHh/IzN+sapQldApwbmDVE6B8IiYwF6Z3vr9BPJcanHO6LRbeYW7PH3wtW6jo
LH9MhFozjOaoN81AFao3onRm5sIU/vd5PBRWfLMKrYQOz6fRPdA/JQmF0PST1k8NPbJiIyVP37gfIb+
Q3fhO28HxXslhJz9y7u0lhxTGAwCObZEmsQKA8rWkgUxt6Iw1V1R0D63x5dN43f/LqOaLJA1RoUAj9q
hjkD+Y2sdviOtD2xuntlZVEzYHlBxIKpxKEuHBArFtAzpdXtg0TyKd5HlLcTidSuvxamCt5sJzhWhdC
1FoZlFIcN5l2ifJY0fxEo6MA8Hbehj1KMsFI6S9OnuzLN2uj50lkV9R6O8iDzhwVVLXgY87ckg3GC4k
9k/sRV9fpOiNlUTzoqMJwfbLvv0088hFq+N0UmlRRDz9HkKG4JJwq+DBjOR7TLPhf+5CfJQSo0aekps
mNize3mqEoy5A5gfDLRhr1Xd63qbWkaO2FgV0VCgvWyH/RanlImJE46h6LRwpzyxFny9CiM7gPLyOz+
Po8sO6cVp5zSgN6ibILLwoTNxwEJsB0lVjtICvhl/pMs6F6o5UOlk0iwFCcN5DwIQc6IHdqbmeF5coo
j3UK0oHSmO2b3ooPCc7kF2siKdzea2KymUuSNOyvLTwGSLKNuZOLoMVPqiHd9XVMwUmLVmZS0E8jPBq
bKrR7TCdof1yJIiqLRMegropK4vss0OK23B0LIl3JNv6Z0CW2xy7BUlpbLsnOhfTUvG7bZJv9iQMYGF
wWRLiEtxmr6gdVHCRHiuQnXMvCe5aQZ+DsyiWuG8dOZ+pzBNEPza8oADm8LYs+Cu6JM9BWyoLy3LDDv
4Xb6iUsRP0wMr1iY4H3vkJT2JohSunQL93vBxdHpnuQfEmr4yLfzKK1ygyxb6eDWkkVMm1xDRLO82W3
84VlaIIAMV+Kg/Y8HMEzZyE8RXkRmRR43nYo7hrHpJJiDX0m4DU5hk9R3kJ1FnkxbL40C7hbP48VOUg
Ud+ukJ+vkL+coX89Qr52xXyyxXy9yvkH5fIpx+vkGTNE1sa62JtKveIhmbaJe0gqGlAv++lLjk5ipSR
US7nC+fTI555gIc8K81dUoIfc0Um5SIl46A0gP0QovwwIbyFW26tb6Jt287KvUVuElGy7JKSBjYJF1K
qY/Lm8kzOGiOIkDuHQUbAqc8QerECWfcQ+01q6PIQ497jEBu+PZkN+Un8uG8jeTAlsD4T+qq0FlQyuQ
bD0mw0n3vApx0Cwzg5LxU0Y4S4EPBgo0Mf1cYKS/nSCMPKKuqsXVCxeJwWUo5Q/ALwoaNXEUCuHMwoo
gUejn4pz0rBb8VR/zYlkt8LkKaq5VYlxcHMnJqEbmL32gdNWafD34zeZ/QrLES0L1uEljbjPxF2GSLn
iRGkFjerQ8RyKLlsXFPoHBb5n05RomQMh7vKnGgbPi8hoZF7H/T8zMb58wz5YIV6LagLpZksvRAhYnJ
KHzpKLeG5L6Zi4Q3FRoEqWUEIR9mnX36OECfag13nSiOjcUlFSPMg5iRz6OLzs4Eb6pIeLe18T/Gtr8
5f4XCGiAv6F69UI1Ch06NuufnxTCl3KNQ726CGXVm5E62xI9CyU/em3QjWtWd5GoBfGll15UbamAt3K
odMXa8olj+ewncY2B78Mlv03b9WKJlj8oF3RN2GAGu47TKlpoBw2T2SJq4H78q6PS86zI/UZtFdNHSW
Xx7CciYaBl+eCXmCfTpP543noXrH2ow9B961FTv4S+LtIwbCOo5UEtZbDPXsUoDiqHsPkfPe9W3cvvp
Lm5WwkLuWd/s9hNMkXUR3YDwxNyAo9QjsPgXQplFDLXXjS9En619VUUkUTH2Tk9vWU93ZYbu76qhTVV
jTIeJw6zUoyTeJE2WRMNe00aDHHupzoAEG/56mTH8WR963lftOL7T4cHdvWX8Zk5IW8LswVLohuyRxi
56eUoqv8/quDv+9wfFiB8lZoD4jt+pHzzu+7BoQRwYuoMZKv6LubM91lNeQ/EJNzNCQGpLWJxObvRek
A0STnvIfkCeQ9ZYMnNO+NHEJFDrmW/hnqBXdFXwnDf7vSTTHBlHmFozwdJPbR7cVdAEC1eeU6H3zTdq
IOx+lTaU84lMw+l87SSFXXBHwNDUf/XFdEij96p3XJTG1lUiDd22aMfz2kIdq221IxN+i3R56D206zy
Cz2/t25Lmlu03LwfaCRsXHZw6nF5SVoftLsQ3t1Csi1a2I92MsviMbyrOe+CY+uISZ+Vv1AWnGFwb85
09S3Rf9tWMozK4Z2ChQL7fn2wzuoPw0sda6zfZ9k11wcWKLicmVUMDfcNk3hj+dqb3ge9vNGrVrg/we
CuhKEOoEcjY3yuda0WN8dJPaZOuDz1ivaHlrqUH6JxnoLoESPN845lbbGNk1oGMbOrIsSadHqSHlY4a
YlF0xUFvgBjm29913brHENXJD7l4icDehFxD5+Ml3G5KCJjKg9LDw1W6WCYSnvfu65OCuXbxCvGJYUd
eOfomPy0Uww+SDukumri/XMNmJkrq1rd9M79iuJcYM3xDpvZHx7jKSv0q76+d/eP8/p0aBk0X30ScyP
FgIsytHqP48iRrEfuNE/BJG5piUsDy8jZDjXeEtai7q+qDs2NwIjuL3P/jukv87aeS7I9Tw3RGy++4I
LYqcWxm+orkS6gjVC3OE6o/r6iLtiuPb4wdUuOUGjpT+Mwl+jNzHpGu7skpo/B9RY1SXxo8RuXeeXKZ
7fA1vXBqcEQZdU1GKLbQ5Ee0MRxSaBUzk1k5KZ+Q7WZ6MlfCiuj2slNzSVW7jhdgTZgY1paLLIi4k0+
7t9zDduWuJ5h6xlC6mBjcWnubKnoouPK5p1IL6Q5Sy+Ce6BaKLzq8IEsYk8FLpndwN/+fDEeJ377D04
uxb0J7qK8F3ma2f19/CfzPY18er3Kpauj7x0nIxzQRfv1AQSdfARIqWR9oNn8kk9OqZSvcgRJxpRLr/
AmoBt+w=

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Boat posted:

Find a swamp.

Also large biomes helps A LOT. I've got 2 extra stacks of bricks and I already built a whole house.

Re:

Minecraft Overviewer is the poo poo.

That's my personal Painterly mix. I've got the zip hosted for use with the new multiplayer automagical texturepack downloader on the private server I run for me and my nephews. If you'd like I can email you a link since it includes a custom pumpkin overlay with better visibility and a reticule for fighting endermen.

Otherwise you can plug this code into the Painterly Pack Password to generate your own with a more normal pumpkin overlay:

That'd be awesome. Email's my username @dm0.us.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical
Hey I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but earlier I DL'd the demo client but when I click "Play Demo" after logging in I get this:

I honestly can't tell if it's stuck like that or just updating. I have no idea what's up.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zet posted:

That'd be awesome. Email's my username @dm0.us.

Sent! Enjoy, I sure do.

Dangerous Mind posted:

Hey I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but earlier I DL'd the demo client but when I click "Play Demo" after logging in I get this:

I honestly can't tell if it's stuck like that or just updating. I have no idea what's up.

I've had that happen when forgetting to rename minecraft.jar back to .jar after I renamed it .zip to unzip to install mods, but I doubt you're doing anything like that. Might be something demo specific but I've never tried demo mode. Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft in your search box, delete everything in there (provided you haven't got a world you want to keep, in which case, keep the "saves" folder) and then run the launcher again. It should pull down all the needed files giving you a clean slate to start from.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Boat posted:

I've had that happen when forgetting to rename minecraft.jar back to .jar after I renamed it .zip to unzip to install mods, but I doubt you're doing anything like that. Might be something demo specific but I've never tried demo mode. Type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft in your search box, delete everything in there (provided you haven't got a world you want to keep, in which case, keep the "saves" folder) and then run the launcher again. It should pull down all the needed files giving you a clean slate to start from.

I've tried to both do what you said and re-DL the client and both did not work. It just goes straight to the same screen as before. I guess I won't be playing the demo any time soon. :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

WeaselWeaz posted:

I've had that happen 4/6 the time I've gone to the nether today. Three time exiting and opening the save fixed it, the last time I fell into lava. Also, the first time I died in the nether today my portal moved. I respawned, went to the nether, and "Hey, this isn't where I was and all my stuff is gone!"

I have had it happen on every goddamn save file, long before ever getting to the nether. I guess I won't be playing this for a while.

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

Boat posted:

DoctorDoodler @Gmail.com

I've been looking for a good texture pack recently.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I have had it happen on every goddamn save file, long before ever getting to the nether. I guess I won't be playing this for a while.

I went to the Nether to mine some fencing. I was on my way back with a full stack of fences (and my enchanted shovel) and upon returning to the overworld my nether portal teleported me under the world and I lost everything.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
So I've been playing Tekkit recently. Thought I'd try the new vanilla. It spawned me at the bottom of an ocean. After a lot of swimming I found one tiny island with a little grass and nothing else. If there had been a tree I could have done something. Set off swimming again for ages and nothing. No land anywhere :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ocean biomes kind of suck. They're just big expanses of nothing, which is really boring. At least when you're moving across land you might see some interesting terrain and have to fight some monsters. With oceans there is nothing.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Internet Kraken posted:

Ocean biomes kind of suck. They're just big expanses of nothing, which is really boring. At least when you're moving across land you might see some interesting terrain and have to fight some monsters. With oceans there is nothing.

They add a lot to worlds as a whole though. I like vast trackless expanses of water.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
It'd be different if there was stuff to explore underwater - but there really isn't. I am really surprised that there's not been a major aquatic update to minecraft or anything.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
I think the last we heard about that was way back in the days of secret Friday updates or whatever. Notch built some coral, but gave up on making underwater stuff interesting after he had problems with world generation or something.

*edit* I didn't mean for this to turn into a :notch: post... but I started thinking about how badly implemented squid are, and how many cool things were never added to to the game. :smith: But there's hope with modding support. Maybe.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Jeb should bring back sponges.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
If it had spawned me on that island, or at least near it, and had there been a tree I would have been happy. I don't mind exploring ocean biomes as long as I don't have to swim!

edit: re squid. The only time I have seen them behave in a decent manner was on the 360 and that was after it glitched out from spawning in a waterfall. Eventually it emancipated itself from the waterfall and gracefully swam through the air, away from me and around behind an island. That was so much better than their usual convulsive flip-flopping.

And... WHY CAN'T I EAT SQUID? ffs it shits me especially in ocean scenarios like mine. Oh look at all that squid. Sure am hungry. Oh well.

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 5, 2012

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I think notch also planned for fish to be an actual mob, there's references to it in the code.

What would be really cool would be sunken temples or ships in ocean biomes, to go with desert and jungle temples.

DeeBye
Aug 24, 2003

For he goes birling down a-down the white water
Preview of Optifine 1.3.1 is out

https://twitter.com/sp614x/status/231876175838973952

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I would just like more biome specific goodies in general. Emeralds only being in extreme hills is a nice touch, but more surface resources would be nice too. More biome specific mobs would be great as well.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There are so many interesting things you can do with the ocean. Along the shoreline you have a huge amount of life. Seaweed covered sand beds with crabs and fish swimming about. Next to jungles you could have tropical reefs. As you go out further into the ocean most of the life thins out, but you can find stuff like sunken ships and the occasional island. Ravines generated in the ocean would become abyssal trenches full of weird dangerous creatures, but at the bottom you would find rare blocks and treasure.

I mean those are just random ideas. Really all the biomes need to be fleshed out more.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Ravines generated in the ocean would become abyssal trenches full of weird dangerous creatures, but at the bottom you would find rare blocks and treasure.

Oh yes! like a ...Kraken.

I'd love a whole 20,000 leagues under the sea sort of angle to "deep" sea exploration. Even if it were with some sort of silly little sub made with two mining carts and a jackolantern, I'd be having a great time exploring the mysteries of the deep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If they ever added hostile underwater mobs people would stumble all over themselves to yell "gently caress the ocean" the loudest