Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Legs Benedict posted:

Oh, is THAT what caused that on my last playthrough? What's the console command to fix it? I'm about to start LR on my current playthrough, so.

setenemy x x 0 0 where the x's are the base IDs for the LR player faction and Marked Men faction, which I can't find right now, but you can look it up in the ESM with FNVEdit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SplitSoul posted:

setenemy x x 0 0 where the x's are the base IDs for the LR player faction and Marked Men faction, which I can't find right now, but you can look it up in the ESM with FNVEdit.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So I noticed something weird while trying out the Tailor Made mod...

I was throwing all of my clothing items on the ground, so is this just a warning that there's too many items lying around, or something more sinister?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was throwing all of my clothing items on the ground, so is this just a warning that there's too many items lying around, or something more sinister?

You're missing a texture/mesh/model/something for one of your items. You likely installed the mod incorrectly, or there's an issue with the mod to begin with.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Ok, so this is the stupidest poo poo:

Last time I played was a year ago, almost to the day.

At that time, I had stutters in the game, installed the stutter remover, and it worked.

I wanted to play again, and for some reason, my game stutters again no matter what I do with the stutter remover.

Unrelated to the stuttering, sometimes my save games just poo poo themselves and I have to end task on FONV and hope I can reload.

HOWEVER.

If I run the game in windowed mode, I have none of these issues, but of course, I have a stupid loving FONV title bar. None of the mods that trick the game into fullscreen seem to work for me, but I haven't tried very hard to make them work, either.

Anyone know of any way to make normal-non-windowed-fullscreen FONV act less stupid? Is this just a side effect of the broomsticks-and-duct-tape-powered game engine?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Give this a try: http://gwr.orekaria.com/

It doesn't work with every game, but worth a shot

edit: Query of my own - I'm using DarnUI and One HUD, is there some way to fix the hp/ap (the lower left/lower right hud elements) to properly fade out? I'd love to have a hud free screen, but either I did something wrong, or darn isn't cooperating due to not being updated.

victrix fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 4, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

victrix posted:

Give this a try: http://gwr.orekaria.com/

It doesn't work with every game, but worth a shot

edit: Query of my own - I'm using DarnUI and One HUD, is there some way to fix the hp/ap (the lower left/lower right hud elements) to properly fade out? I'd love to have a hud free screen, but either I did something wrong, or darn isn't cooperating due to not being updated.

Install uHUD, if you haven't already, and tweak the settings in MCM. AP/HP both have conditions that can make them appear and you may be triggering those.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

S.T.C.A. posted:

If I run the game in windowed mode, I have none of these issues, but of course, I have a stupid loving FONV title bar. None of the mods that trick the game into fullscreen seem to work for me, but I haven't tried very hard to make them work, either.

Lots of info here. Don't know if you've tried it, but I've used GameCompanion with New Vegas, and it works fine (it's linked near the bottom of that article, or directly here).

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
Similar question about uHUD plus MCM here, but about the grenade icon that comes with the base Project Nevada package: Is there any setting in MCM that I'm missing that changes what triggers it to appear and/or how long it stays on screen? I really like the theoretical utility of the grenade hotkey (even if I'm not the biggest explosives person) but it bugs me that so long as it's enabled and I have throwing weapons in my inventory, I get a big fat icon just floating next to where my HP/AP bars would be if they were visible outside of combat.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just noticed a bunch of multi colored boxes flashing on screen when playing tonight. Possibly an issue with a graphics mod or something, or could it be an issue with my graphics card instead?

Current mod list:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
FreesideOpen.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
jsawyer.esp
FreesideOpenPatch.esp
avangraffscorned.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
outsidebets.esp
dressup.esp
StripOpenMain.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
VeronicaFix.esp
CassFix.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 27

Also running NMC's texture pack.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
Just noticed a bug with Lombard station that others haven't mentioned before; every time I tell it to sort my ammo, it shorts me one box of each. For instance, a full 20 gauge box of shells is 12 shells, so every time I sort my ammo, I'm shorted 12 shells of 20 gauge. With it doing this, I can quickly burn away all my ammo just by sorting, taking and then resorting the ammo.

By the way, this includes both the ammo that gets stocked on the shelves and the ammo that stays in the ammo cabinets.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SlothfulCobra posted:

If you've installed everything correctly, I want to say that it's possible some of the various items don't have world models associated with them.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

Similar question about uHUD plus MCM here, but about the grenade icon that comes with the base Project Nevada package: Is there any setting in MCM that I'm missing that changes what triggers it to appear and/or how long it stays on screen? I really like the theoretical utility of the grenade hotkey (even if I'm not the biggest explosives person) but it bugs me that so long as it's enabled and I have throwing weapons in my inventory, I get a big fat icon just floating next to where my HP/AP bars would be if they were visible outside of combat.

Check around under the ihud/ohud/ahud/etc options in MCM. You should be able to limit it to appear only in combat. Also, if the hud things are too big, use darnUI (aka darnifiedUI(it's in the OP)). It shrinks most stuff and makes the menus, much, much, much more navigable.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

The King of Swag posted:

Just noticed a bug with Lombard station that others haven't mentioned before; every time I tell it to sort my ammo, it shorts me one box of each. For instance, a full 20 gauge box of shells is 12 shells, so every time I sort my ammo, I'm shorted 12 shells of 20 gauge. With it doing this, I can quickly burn away all my ammo just by sorting, taking and then resorting the ammo.

By the way, this includes both the ammo that gets stocked on the shelves and the ammo that stays in the ammo cabinets.

I've done a little experimenting and found that it doesn't occur when I sort, only when I stock the ammo. I also tried sorting and stocking different calibers separately. I've found that including 20 gauge 3/0 buck (from the Gun Runners Arsenal DLC) to be sorted with the other calibers causes the bug, but it doesn't happen at all if I don't include it. I don't know if this bug also occurs with regular 20 gauge buck, as I don't have any on hand to try it with.

I'm terrible at experimenting; looking at the code shows that the values used for most of the 20 gauge ammo types are wrong. The sorting system is grabbing 24 shells at a time, but only placing 12 on the shelf, effectively halving your stock of 20 gauge shells.

===== Fix Added =====
Lombard Station - Ammo Sorting Fix
Replace Lombard Station.esp and Lombard Station - Gun Runners Arsenal.esp (if you have this DLC) with the downloaded files.

It took me way too long to fix this; finding the bug in Lombard Station was the easy part, and boiled down to finding and changing values in a couple scripts. What took so long was that I didn't realize that you can't make patches for .esp files, only .esm files. This meant that none of my changes were actually saved by the GECK, so I've been chasing my tail trying to figure out why my fix wasn't working.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 4, 2012

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, don't worry, just checked it and I have the same issue. No world models for some of the items (didn't see which ones, just dumped them all). It seems like the author removed some assets that were only in Fallout 3, it's possible a couple of those assets might have been the world item meshes.

By any chance, are you using only the black retex version? I get four <!>s using the main file and the black retex versions.

Also, is there any sort of tweak or mod that can improve performance on Dead Money?

Drake Lake fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 4, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I haven't messed with New Vegas in a while (been playing Skyrim), but was going to link the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland mod over in the Steam thread since all the games are on sale, but I just noticed the mod is private and I guess somehow Bethesda got pissed about it? When did this happen and did anyone managed to get a copy before it happened.

Wonder if that spinoff mod got hit by the same problem (or they alerted bethesda).

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

I haven't messed with New Vegas in a while (been playing Skyrim), but was going to link the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland mod over in the Steam thread since all the games are on sale, but I just noticed the mod is private and I guess somehow Bethesda got pissed about it? When did this happen and did anyone managed to get a copy before it happened.

Wonder if that spinoff mod got hit by the same problem (or they alerted bethesda).

Scroll up and check the last few pages.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
There was a mod I used a while back that expanded ammo crafting to let you break down lead pipes-> lead, dino toys-> plastic etc. which then allows you to craft shotgun hulls, and cases and basically any ammo from scratch. Does anyone recall the name by any chance?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The Sweetling posted:

There was a mod I used a while back that expanded ammo crafting to let you break down lead pipes-> lead, dino toys-> plastic etc. which then allows you to craft shotgun hulls, and cases and basically any ammo from scratch. Does anyone recall the name by any chance?

I don't know which mod you were using, but GtabsImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm does that. Check around here/the tfr video game thread for a link. SOmebody posted it a little while ago in there.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Didn't see anything specific in the OP, but is there a mod combination that would let me play this as a wasteland sandbox? I'm not much interested in the storyline at all. I remember there were some mods for FO3 that turned in into a sandbox bandit murder simulator, and that was fun for me.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

EDIT: This reply is outdated.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 6, 2012

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SERPUS posted:

Didn't see anything specific in the OP, but is there a mod combination that would let me play this as a wasteland sandbox? I'm not much interested in the storyline at all. I remember there were some mods for FO3 that turned in into a sandbox bandit murder simulator, and that was fun for me.

Start the game normally and ignore the plot?

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

SpookyLizard posted:

I don't know which mod you were using, but GtabsImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm does that. Check around here/the tfr video game thread for a link. SOmebody posted it a little while ago in there.

Found a link, thanks!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The Sweetling posted:

Found a link, thanks!

the only downside is that if you use any player homes/etc to sort/manage your gear, Hull Plastic and Brass won't get auto sorted. But it's made up for by the fact that you can basically go anywhere and turn whatever ammo you find into the ammo use.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Are there any mods like the Oblivion Bag of Holding mod? That is, not just something like the leather backpack mod that gives you more carrying capacity, but one that is basically a container you access from your inventory.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 5, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, I just recently picked this up on the steam sale - anyone have some recommendations for some nice cosmetic mods? The only thing that really jumped out at me in the OP was the western skies + enhanced shaders pack. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, I just recently picked this up on the steam sale - anyone have some recommendations for some nice cosmetic mods? The only thing that really jumped out at me in the OP was the western skies + enhanced shaders pack. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Poco Bueno Texture Pack

If you're looking for a UI mod (which is part cosmetic) try MTUI

Interior Lighting Overhaul is great. It even adds light switches! The only potential problem is that, by making the lighting realistic, it makes a fair amount of places darker.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Poco Bueno Texture Pack

If you're looking for a UI mod (which is part cosmetic) try MTUI

Interior Lighting Overhaul is great. It even adds light switches! The only potential problem is that, by making the lighting realistic, it makes a fair amount of places darker.

That's basically exactly the sort of stuff I was looking for - thanks! Do you know if the lighting mod'll have any conflict with Western Skies or Advanced Shaders?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

That's basically exactly the sort of stuff I was looking for - thanks! Do you know if the lighting mod'll have any conflict with Western Skies or Advanced Shaders?

No clue as I have neither. Just try 'em all if you're so inclined and if they conflict then remove whichever one(s) you like the least.

And here's some audio mods I love.

Improved Sound FX
Conelrad

e: Also, with the inteior lighting overhaul, I'd suggest going with the ultimate version, as it includes an esp that makes the pipboy light brighter.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 5, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Anything in the OP is worth trying. I prefer DarnUI + oHud + uHud. (uHud is basically a big a patch thing to make a bunch of UI mods play nice with each other. It /may/ work with MTUI but i dunno off hand.)

Other than that, I'd just go to the OP and dig up some stuff on various mods. Don't rely on the Nexus for information, since you're not allowed to post anything negative there, ever.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just looked in the OP and noticed the Armor Collection, which is described as the Armory bit for armor. What are the opinions on this mod? Also, could it conflict with mods like Project Nevada?

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Quiet in the Mojave.

It's a good night.

But an even better Morning.

:clint:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Been a long time since I shot an ant in the face.

Used to using arrows, or an axe, or some kinda magic. I suppose handloaded ammunition is a type of magic.

Just like riding a bike.

:clint:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Oh poo poo, you retextured it? Awesome. Maybe you could do a super worn version some time?

:v:

By the way, do you think you could make a Mossberg 590A1 to go with your 500 and 870 some time? I tried mating your 500 texture to the 590 mesh I've got and all I could really do was the barrel and mag tube :kiddo:

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
While I've been playing this on PS3 for a year now, I decided to buy the Ultimate Edition on Steam last night.

What I want to know, is how do I install the Signature Weapon/Armor mods? The NewVegasNexus doesn't have instructions on it.

EDIT** Whoops, actually read the OP, so I've got it now :)

HiroChicken fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 5, 2012

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Boris published the first release beta ENB for New Vegas today. You can grab it here. The available effects are limited to just Bloom, Lens, Adaptation, & Palette Texture. It's mainly a test release just to see if there are any crashes or other glitches caused by ENB. I've run around for an hour with it and haven't experienced any crashes or glitches but none of the effects seem to be working regardless of whatever values I've entered for them. The ENB does run though because I was able to force Anistropic Filtering with it and see it work. I'm really excited to see this developed after seeing what he's done with the ENB for Skyrim and what can be done with that. If you guys wanna check it out and help out with bug reporting the thread for it can be found on his forums here.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is New Vegas Nexus down?

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Starting my second play through and after enabling all my mods I'm getting a crash whenever I check Sawyers.

load order http://imgur.com/2vKVX

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Starting my second play through and after enabling all my mods I'm getting a crash whenever I check Sawyers.

load order http://imgur.com/2vKVX

Thanks!

Load Order -> BOSS Auto Sort for starters.