Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He managed to be one of only a handful of actors who rose above George Lucas' poison to be good in Star Wars.

And he deserved a loving Oscar for Pulp Fiction. What the hell he's great in everything. Going all the way back to his crackhead in Jungle Fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He was pretty good in Unbreakable, too. Played against type in that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
He wasn't the best part of Deep Blue Sea (LL Cool J,) but he was great in it.

Bagelsport
Nov 14, 2005

I picked up a doctor - he's good with a knife
Says anaesthetic's a waste
of his time

Vagabundo posted:

UK quad for Looper.

I know Gordon-Levitt's been made up a bit to look like a bit Bruce Willis, but he just looks so loving weird there. He also looks like he's noticed something bizarre during a gunfight and is thinking "Ohhhhh crikey."

So at what point in all the time travel shenanigans does this character change from shooting left-handed to right?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Luckluster posted:

So at what point in all the time travel shenanigans does this character change from shooting left-handed to right?

Boy are you going to look stupid when the movie's technobabble implies that the time-travel process mirrors every molecule in your body like in that Arthur C Clarke short story!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Glamorama26 posted:

Seriously though, is Luke Wilson ok?

He burned his own bridges. He was supposed to have Jason Bateman's role in Juno but pulled out literally days before shooting. Unfortunately for him he had already signed a contract, so the production ended up suing him. Not sure what the final result was, though.

I was told he has booze issues, which would explain the weight gain.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Never had heard the Juno info, thanks for that.

And Sam Jackson is a very talented actor who is more than happy to take shitloads of money to then half rear end it through a lot of not very good films. I'm not knocking him on this mind you, it's just a simple fact.

He's really great in The Sunset Limited opposite Tommy Lee Jones by the by. Track it down.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Handsome Dead posted:

Is Samuel L. Jackson a good actor? I don't think I've seen him be good in anything good other than True Romance.

He was great in Coming to America.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jurassic Park was better because of him :colbert:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I thought he was the saving grace of Lakeview Terrace.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jurassic Park was better because of him :colbert:

Yes. This is also true. I really didn't enjoy Pulp Fiction so I never bothered to check out Jackie Brown.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The problem with SLJ is that he has become a bit of a parody of himself, like de Niro or a Pacino. People expect him to play the same roles now (look at Snakes on a Plane) and then think he can't act out of that role. He is a pretty solid actor though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Goodfellas wouldn't really be as good without SLJ.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

He acted circles around everyone in Kill Bill vol. 1

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dude got eaten by a shark, once. In a movie. About sharks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HoldYourFire posted:

Boy are you going to look stupid when the movie's technobabble implies that the time-travel process mirrors every molecule in your body like in that Arthur C Clarke short story!

And by Arthur C Clarke you of course mean HG Wells, who beat Clarke to it by about 50 or 60 years.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Alhazred posted:

He acted circles around everyone in Kill Bill vol. 1

But he doesn't show up until vol 2. Unless :thejoke:.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I loved him in Trees Lounge and Black Snake Moan. He's also really great in Die Hard 3. Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor when he's given something to do.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
I think he's a good actor so hopefully Hollywood will give him a chance and start putting him in some hit movies.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

These snakes will KILL YOU!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
David Hasselhoff is still the best Nick Fury.

There. I said it.

:colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Goodfellas wouldn't really be as good without SLJ.

Of course, all you really see of him is the back of his head right before Joe Pesci puts a bullet into it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Speaking of absurdly typecasted actors, Will Ferrell should really do more serious stuff. He's a really good straight man, as seen in Stranger Than Fiction.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Chieves posted:

Speaking of absurdly typecasted actors, Will Ferrell should really do more serious stuff. He's a really good straight man, as seen in Stranger Than Fiction.

Stranger than Fiction is a great great movie. He is so underplayed and the supporting cast is wonderful too.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

I still think my favourite Will Ferrell role was as a member of SNL.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I liked him in The Other Guys a lot because his character built up to Will Ferrell craziness and didn't immediately start off that way.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Didn't he play a lawyer in the drama series The Guardian (which will never be released on DVD for some reason)?

Pretty sure he got shot, actually

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Sockser posted:

Batman and Robin had a hard R. :confused:

Right in the center

I have to admit I thought these costumes were incredibly badass when I was a kid.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Jasta posted:

Yeah, Dredd could do with a bigger gun. Or one that doesn't look so pathetic.
That's bigger than any pistol cops usually wield. In fact, that looks like a submachine gun. In the trailer, it performs like a submachine gun. I do not know what you were expecting. A bolter, maybe?

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 5, 2012

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DNS posted:

I have to admit I thought these costumes were incredibly badass when I was a kid.

These costumes are pretty badass. . . On anyone but Batman. There was just some weird drive to give Batman's armor as many weird externalized layers as possible.

Also, I like B&R when it is not about Batgirl or Alfred. Arnold is amazing in that movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jasta posted:

I still think my favourite Will Ferrell role was as a member of SNL.

I still think Will Ferrell is the end product of the project to clone Chevy Chase.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
SLJ is brilliant in Black Snake Moan, and his character in Jackie Brown is basically the flip to Jules in Pulp Fiction. It's a great performance.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Well huh....

Different light source but very definite same picture.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Rondette posted:

Well huh....

Different light source but very definite same picture.

Are you saying that Bruce Willis's head looks exactly the same when pictured from the same angle? My God! Who would believe it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yeah, I don't think that's the same picture.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
When I overlayed them they matched perfectly. Ah well, maybe it just shows off Bruce's tremendous range of emotions then.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Bruce Willis has a three pronged acting range:

1) Grizzled Bad rear end
2) Singing (deprecated)
3) Three Stooges (deprecated)

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Chieves posted:

I loved him in Winter Passing. It's a nice little movie with him, Ed Harris and Zooey Deschanel that nobody seems to know :smith:.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Bruce Willis has a three pronged acting range:

1) Grizzled Bad rear end
2) Singing (deprecated)
3) Three Stooges (deprecated)

4) The smirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Rondette posted:

When I overlayed them they matched perfectly. Ah well, maybe it just shows off Bruce's tremendous range of emotions then.
No, there's a subtle difference. In the right picture, his eyes are pointing downwards and his lips are slightly more apart. Enlarge the picture in GIMP and you will see. But, more tellingly, the lighting on each head is different - isn't that a little tricky to do in Photoshop?.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 5, 2012