Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
That city shirt is lovely. Best of the three by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Well, I guess we know who got Macron's good designs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching my Feyenoord boys, and suddenly I realized how pretty our away kits are. Did we even discuss these? Because we should.

edit: this is Vlaar (:negative:) wearing it

oliwan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 31, 2012

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Bobby Digital posted:

Well it sure as hell wasn't Lazio by the looks of it.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

oliwan posted:

I'm watching my Feyenoord boys, and suddenly I realized how pretty our away kits are. Did we even discuss these? Because we should.

That's a very nice shirt.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
Just ordered my BTSV shirt.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

That looks pretty drat ugly honestly. The blue/black stripes looks weird and the shirt itself just has too much blue on it. Plus, the lighter shade of the stripes look denim.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Bobby Digital posted:

Do Lazio not have a sponsor as an ethical thing, or did they not get one in time for the photo shoot? I recall they didn't have one when I played against them in Pro Evo but that tells me nothing since "North London Red" didn't have a sponsor either.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

partipo posted:

Do Lazio not have a sponsor as an ethical thing, or did they not get one in time for the photo shoot? I recall they didn't have one when I played against them in Pro Evo but that tells me nothing since "North London Red" didn't have a sponsor either.

Claudio Lotito is against shirt sponsorships for whatever reason. It could also be that he couldn't find anyone to do it for the long term. They haven't had a consistent one in years.

Strangely enough, a few years ago they did a one off shirt for the Pro Evo launch of that year.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Akileese posted:

That looks pretty drat ugly honestly. The blue/black stripes looks weird and the shirt itself just has too much blue on it. Plus, the lighter shade of the stripes look denim.

I think I can like the overall design but the lighter blue sponsor and crest just isn't doing it for me.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kwhaleesi posted:

That's a very nice shirt.

Why thank you.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/30/manchester-united-chevrolet-shirt-sponsor

A mash-up of how it'll look like is included in this here post. Wow. That's sure something.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Honestly, if the price rumours are real and the actual shirt looks something like that it makes sense why the sponsorship would cost so much.

I've never seen a shirt sponsor that would make the crest look so insignificant.

(It is obviously a mock-up, though, so it might look much better :shrug:)

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud
Wigan has a third kit?

Why?

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~2866933,00.html

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

I like the shirt but it looks weird on that SOB.

"New" Boca Juniors Home (they've worn this basic pattern off and on for decades):

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 2, 2012

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

It's red so asian market probably

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

oliwan posted:

Is that a navy or a really dark grey? Also who is the sponsor?

Quality kit there, though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bea Nanner posted:

Is that a navy or a really dark grey? Also who is the sponsor?

Quality kit there, though.

It's dark navy, and the sponsor is a Dutch insurance company.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

Also who is the sponsor?

Ex Fortis ASR after they had to be bailed out by our government. Was an amalgamation of Amersfoortse, AMEV and Stad Rotterdam of which the latter was the historic shirt sponsor of Feyenoord since '91 (which was cool since their shirt pretty much said City of Rotterdam).

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

belgend posted:

Well it sure as hell wasn't Lazio by the looks of it.

Are you high? They are equal if not better than Villa's. I'm not going to even mention Leeds.

Actually, imagine being a Leeds supporter and seeing Macron give other teams quality kits. I figure Barca fans feel the same with Nike and their job with Juventus.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The SARS Volta posted:

I like the shirt but it looks weird on that SOB.

"New" Boca Juniors Home (they've worn this basic pattern off and on for decades):

Yes, because it owns.

It says "The worldwide king of clubs" inside the collar

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
And the supposed away shirt.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Both those shirts are excellent.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drogadon posted:

Yes, because it owns.

When I went backpacking around south america, I took a size 3 football in Boca colours with me.

I made friends everywhere I went.

(Also some enemies)

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Drogadon posted:

Yes, because it owns.

Awesome shirt.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/30/manchester-united-chevrolet-shirt-sponsor

A mash-up of how it'll look like is included in this here post. Wow. That's sure something.

This has to be the worst mockup ever. That's last season's shirt with a random logo dumped on it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ninpo posted:

This has to be the worst mockup ever. That's last season's shirt with a random logo dumped on it.

Actually, Chevy only gets the logo on there, not the name in writing.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I'm kind of hoping they put the "Bowtie" right underneath their chin so it's like they're a dapper gentleman's team.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Or maybe they'll use the Opel logo like they used to do with AC Milan.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hecko posted:

All of the Opel shirts that Milan had were great; that was a really good sponsor, even with the specific model names underneath.

For other good car sponsors see: Fiorentina, Coventry's Peugeot kits from a million years ago. Also didn't someone have Subaru at some point?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

hecko posted:

It seems unlikely they'd use a brand that doesn't exist in the UK.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah Milan had Opel because Opel was the GM arm in most of Europe. Until Chevy appeared here Vauxall was the GM representative.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Gigi Galli posted:

All of the Opel shirts that Milan had were great; that was a really good sponsor, even with the specific model names underneath.

For other good car sponsors see: Fiorentina, Coventry's Peugeot kits from a million years ago. Also didn't someone have Subaru at some point?

Yeah Peugeot had a major factory here for years so that sponsorship worked pretty well, we were also the ones with Subaru (and Izuzu on the away shirts) too, they took over after Peugeot.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ninpo posted:

Yeah Milan had Opel because Opel was the GM arm in most of Europe. Until Chevy appeared here Vauxall was the GM representative.

Vauxall are only in the UK and are the exact same, aren't they?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mickolution posted:

Vauxall are only in the UK and are the exact same, aren't they?

Isn't that what I said?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Isn't that what I said?

No, I was asking were Vauxall only in the UK and not anywhere else and if the're the exact same cars as Opels. Just out of curiosity. Seems strange.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
GM are trying to establish Chevy as their global brand because Opel/Vauxhall are pretty poo poo and they figure the deplorable people who buy poo poo cars will surely buy an even shittier car if they can save another grand.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Mickolution posted:

No, I was asking were Vauxall only in the UK and not anywhere else and if the're the exact same cars as Opels. Just out of curiosity. Seems strange.

Yes and yes.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mickolution posted:

Both were companies GM bought. They've just gradually ended up with the same model names. There were Opels in the UK as separate cars until the mid 80s.

So really it's just because changing the name of Vauxhall (Still perceived as British) to Opel (Still perceived as German) would be a very good way to sell no cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Why do you think they'd sell no cars?