Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Poopy Palpy posted:

And on a deadline 1 to 2 days less than would be reasonable!

Marc Maron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Marc Mar-ron!

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Usually Cake Boss (cake boss) is my least favorite PFT character but this episode was a masterpiece. Although of course "bakin' a plain cake" will always be my favorite Cake Boss (cakeboss!) moment.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoG posted:

What was that street address, again?

672 Orlando street, Daneville, GA, 89943-6025

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm catching up on the live episodes. Holy poo poo this episode with Brett Gelman and Jon Daly (The Golfer) is loving bananas. I love Gelman so much.

edit: and Matt Besser has some weird lifelong obsession with Jesus and making GBS threads in a bowl

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 2, 2012

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
OK, so I know this is a long shot - but if anyone has an extra ticket for the Vancouver show, I would really like to buy it off of you.

I have two, but now a friend is coming in from out of town and I need three. Cake boss.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dancehall posted:

Usually Cake Boss (cake boss) is my least favorite PFT character but this episode was a masterpiece. Although of course "bakin' a plain cake" will always be my favorite Cake Boss (cakeboss!) moment.

god, I miss plane breaks so much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lamuella posted:

god, I miss plane breaks so much.

Whenever you miss it just put on the first Samberg/Pally episode. You'll get your fix there for sure.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Whenever you miss it just put on the first Samberg/Pally episode. You'll get your fix there for sure.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Bakin a plain cake!

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Was @ CBB live in Seattle - had a great time - laughed my rear end off.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I was also there, and absolutely loved it. There might be a lot of callbacks in the podcast to stuff that happened earlier that evening, such as Kurt Braunohler had brought out a penis cake to Scott to celebrate being out on the tour with them, and then James Adomian as Dov Charney (who had been picked at random from a spinning wheel) used it very effectively, which I can't imagine you can even get how disturbingly hilarious the sight was over the podcast. I loved PFT's Werner Herzog, too.

After the show, I went to meet them and they could not have been nicer to me. Unfortunately, the picture I had someone take didn't save properly. Drats.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Don't be afraid to invite people that haven't listened to the podcast. The standup/improv bits they did before the show were really good. PFT did 10 minutes of what appeared to me to be completely improv'd standup.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

n8r posted:

Don't be afraid to invite people that haven't listened to the podcast. The standup/improv bits they did before the show were really good. PFT did 10 minutes of what appeared to me to be completely improv'd standup.

I brought my gf to the San Diego show and she had a really good time but she didn't understand why i was laughing so hard at some of the CBB call backs.

So, beware, and don't invite someone you want to look cool in front of, because you will fall out of your chair laughing.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Or, Scott Aukerman can call you onstage and humiliate you by smearing lipstick over your face and putting a wig on you, and telling you to take your shirt off. That happened to one guy a few seats from me.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Auritech posted:

Or, Scott Aukerman can call you onstage and humiliate you by smearing lipstick over your face and putting a wig on you, and telling you to take your shirt off. That happened to one guy a few seats from me.

He did that in SD too and it was the best role play ive ever seen.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Auritech posted:

That dude was game as hell...

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Went to last night's show in SF and it was so funny my face hurt from laughing. Consider that a recommendation.

Livestock
Jan 22, 2001

TOO SEXY FOR DEMOCRACY

bobservo posted:

Went to last night's show in SF and it was so funny my face hurt from laughing. Consider that a recommendation.

I also went to it and it was amazing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Tig Notaro has double breast cancer, noooooooo

RIP good one robot :(

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jesus that's awful.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite single jokes is on the episode (christmas special) with Don Dimelo's first appearance and Scott is like "Maybe you guys can hang out" to Bob Ducca with Colin Hanks and Don Dimelo and Bob immediately is like "OKAY!"

Just the immediate reaction and Ducca being Ducca slays me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It's funny you mention Bob Ducca, as I just decided to listen to all the Bob Ducca eps in order. There are a lot of eps of CDR/CBB that I've listened to probably 5-10 times, but for some reason I have never really relistened to a lot of Bob Ducca eps.

And poor Tig. :smith: What a poo poo year she's had. I hope she's going to be okay. Life will not be the same without the Good One Robot. I want to send some kind words her way but I really have no idea what to say.

e: haha I forgot how mean Scott was to Bob Ducca in his first appearance. "STOP CRYING!"

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 5, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's not like she already died.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Anybody go to the LA show tonight? I was...kinda unimpressed. Everyone seemed not very into it. The venue was also incredibly hot and there was no circulation and it smelled like hot garbage so that didn't help.

It was good to see Chip Gardner and I liked Chupacabra's new look, but overall it was a pretty mediocre show :( I don't know if it was my seat on the balcony or not but the sound was also really bad, and I had a hard time hearing a lot of it, especially anything Paul Giamatti said.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Those of you buying the episodes, how are they delivered? Just a bunch of mp3's? No iTunes podcast directory?

e: I don't mind mp3s, it's just so handy being able to skip back 30 second when you missed a joke. And it remembering where you left off is a God-send.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 5, 2012

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Zsinjeh posted:

e: I don't mind mp3s, it's just so handy being able to skip back 30 second when you missed a joke. And it remembering where you left off is a God-send.
You can edit the info of an mp3 in ITunes and change the Media Kind to Podcast. It's what I do with all of Doug Benson's special episodes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Zsinjeh posted:

You can do that? I'm a big joke-misser, so I can't believe I missed that feature.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Nemo posted:

You can edit the info of an mp3 in ITunes and change the Media Kind to Podcast. It's what I do with all of Doug Benson's special episodes.
Oh cool, thanks! :)

Mr. Squishy posted:

You can do that? I'm a big joke-misser, so I can't believe I missed that feature.
It's available in the iPhone when I listen to it, only works on Podcast files for some reason and it's super-handy. Not sure if it works on the regular iTunes program when listening from the computer, but I'm a huge newbie when it comes to iTunes.

e: You could use winamp if you have mp3 files and hit Numpad 7, I think, to skip back a couple of seconds per button-press.
e2: I totally forgot there's a thing called 'Google'
Press Ctrl-Alt Left/Right to skip Back/Forward in time a couple of seconds

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 5, 2012

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Stuff that the iPhone considers to be a podcast gets bookmarked with where you're up to in it as well. Enormously handy and no idea why it doesn't do this for any mp3 that's 10 minutes or longer.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Stuff that the iPhone considers to be a podcast gets bookmarked with where you're up to in it as well. Enormously handy and no idea why it doesn't do this for any mp3 that's 10 minutes or longer.

You can set up 'remember position' on any song or audio file in iTunes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tonight's lineup looks fantastic (don't worry, not gonna spoil it again, haha).

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Tonight's lineup looks fantastic (don't worry, not gonna spoil it again, haha).

I dunno. Martin Starr has kind of been a lame duck guest in every podcast I've heard him in, and I don't really know who Neil Campbell is despite him having been on a number of CBB eps and one of my favorite I4H eps. Lennon Parham is a sure thing, at least.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really dug it. Neil's bit fell a little flat at first, but it was saved.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

OH NA NA

WHAT'S YOUR NAME

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If you skipped to the plugs you might want to go back and listen to the Martin Starr interview at the start of the show; he sneaks some plugs in early.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I hate to call back to the PFT from the top of the page, but his laugh is one of the best laughs I have ever heard. Along with Pete Holmes and Jason Mantzoukas, his laugh just gets me every time. Like when Scott said "Marc Mar-ON" he just broke character and did that guffawing laughter. I love it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Neil Campbell is Scott's co-writer for Mike Detective, so you should love him unconditionally.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
This was a pretty great episode. Lennon Parham is so funny. I also love how goofy Neil Campbell is. Martin Starr brought a lot of stuff to the table too. Maybe not quite a classic, but still one of the good ones.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Groucho Marxist posted:

Neil Campbell is Scott's co-writer for Mike Detective, so you should love him unconditionally.

I think he's the opening and closing narrator too.

The rihanna bit was hilarious, you could hear Neil and Lennon laughing in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Eltoasto posted:

OH NA NA

WHAT'S YOUR NAME

Has this been in any episodes besides this one and the Wompler/RIchter episode?