Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sorry to keep the Ferrell chat going but another recent movie he was in that was serious was Everything Must Go. I'll put up the poster to keep it relevant to the thread.

quote:

When an alcoholic relapses, causing him to lose his wife and his job, he holds a yard sale on his front lawn in an attempt to start over. A new neighbor might be the key to his return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Baron Bifford posted:

No, there's a subtle difference. In the right picture, his eyes are pointing downwards and his lips are slightly more apart. Enlarge the picture in GIMP and you will see.
Also he has hair on his head in the blue one.

Rondette posted:

Well huh....

Different light source but very definite same picture.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You guys are crazy, I can't even remember the last time Bruce acted in a movie; The Sixth Sense, maybe. I'll always be a fan of the guy, but all he does is turn up, read his lines and be charismatic as hell.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Handsome Dead posted:

You guys are crazy, I can't even remember the last time Bruce acted in a movie; The Sixth Sense, maybe. I'll always be a fan of the guy, but all he does is turn up, read his lines and be charismatic as hell.

I thought he actually did some nice work in Sin City. That style of writing trips up a lot of people and can sound ridiculous if delivered incorrectly (See Brittany Murphy in that same film) and he nailed it. He was still charismatic as hell, but he pulled off being a beaten down broken man as well.

Also, Jessica Alba half nude.

Edit: Content.

Glamorama26 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 5, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You talk about how the dialogue can be clunky and awkward in Sin City if not delivered correctly, and your example was Brittany Murphy?

Michael Madsen completely butchered his two scenes.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You talk about how the dialogue can be clunky and awkward in Sin City if not delivered correctly, and your example was Brittany Murphy?

Michael Madsen completely butchered his two scenes.

I agree with you, but I like Michael Madsen and like to pretend he was excellent in those scenes. I know this is not true.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

bowser posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Part of the creepiness of this is one is that I'm kind of trained to believe the angle of this shot implies looking up from a grave. The angle of the balloons in the background and obvious kids' movie context suggests otherwise, but when I see a shot framed like that with the sky as the only visible background, I'm going to assume it's the POV of a corpse.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 5, 2012

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho

I thought this movie was going to own but I ended up falling asleep when I watched it. I honestly remember nothing about the movie except that he hangs out with a kid and they have a garage sale or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DNS posted:

I have to admit I thought these costumes were incredibly badass when I was a kid.

Can someone with better photoshop skills replace the light gray with the dark gray? I have this theory that if they were all one color it would look way better. And not, I don't know, accentuate the cod pieces.

edit: that's a dumb request. I just think if it was all dark gray it wouldn't be as lame and slightly homoerotic.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 5, 2012

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

Is this a fan poster? 'Cause it's a digital painting, or a paintover at least.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

kiimo posted:

Can someone with better photoshop skills replace the light gray with the dark gray? I have this theory that if they were all one color it would look way better. And not, I don't know, accentuate the cod pieces.

Don't you design posters for a living dude? Who would have better Photoshop skills than you?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

Don't you design posters for a living dude? Who would have better Photoshop skills than you?

If this thread has taught me one thing it's that people who design posters for a living can't use Photoshop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

For a living I do exactly what I did in this thread: ask more talented people to do stuff for me. My photoshop skills are mediocre at best and replacing color is something I never got the hang of.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Orunitier posted:

Is this a fan poster? 'Cause it's a digital painting, or a paintover at least.

I should have mentioned this when I posted the Bruce comparison pictures, I meant that the Expendables one was a paint over of the other one. I didn't make that clear.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

kiimo posted:

For a living I do exactly what I did in this thread: ask more talented people to do stuff for me. My photoshop skills are mediocre at best and replacing color is something I never got the hang of.

I gave it a shot.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

spanky the dolphin posted:

I gave it a shot.

Outstanding.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Robin grew titties!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I gave it a shot.

Hahahah holy poo poo that took a second to sink in :laffo:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I thought it was supposed to be a red-breasted Robin!

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

:lol: Oh man, I'm gonna cry. That's how the movie should have been and we all know it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I find it really weird that Silverstone has silver eye paint on to match the silver mask, but then Clooney and O'Donnel are still rocking black paint, which looks silly

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I gave it a shot.

:stare:

Bravo good sir. You have improved the costumes and if things in the movie were like that poster I am sure it would have been improved too.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Handsome Dead posted:

Clearly you haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom. He's terrific in that, and not particularly badass or smug at all, but kind of a world-weary old loser way, which is the other major Willis mode people had not mentioned.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ernest Menville in Death Becomes Her. Pretty much the farthest Bruce Willis has been from a smug badass. So much so that I'd forgotten he was in it until I caught it on TV the other day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

James Cole from 12 Monkeys is another. He can throw down, but he's not exactly smug or really a bad rear end.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Original concept by Shumacher:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was browsing IMP Awards and came across this.

You're welcome.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

You're welcome.
Does it eat after midnight and break up The Beatles?

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stare-Out posted:

Ernest Menville in Death Becomes Her. Pretty much the farthest Bruce Willis has been from a smug badass. So much so that I'd forgotten he was in it until I caught it on TV the other day.

Vagabundo posted:

James Cole from 12 Monkeys is another. He can throw down, but he's not exactly smug or really a bad rear end.

I'm not saying he can't or has never acted but these are way before his cut off point.

Spatula City posted:

Clearly you haven't seen Moonrise Kingdom. He's terrific in that, and not particularly badass or smug at all, but kind of a world-weary old loser way, which is the other major Willis mode people had not mentioned.

I really don't like Wes Anderson but the idea of Bruce Willis being in a film with Bill Murray is something I'm interested in enough to take a look at when it hits DVD.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm going to assume "DEMNACHST IM KINO" means "MADE IN HELL"

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The long awaited remake of To Catch A Yeti.

Spirit of 1994
Jun 17, 2003

No! You lie! You're a lying fan!

Vagabundo posted:

You're welcome.

Man, I looked up this movie and as far as I can tell from the plot summary it's essentially a ripoff of ET, except instead of being an alien, it's a mystical Himalayan creature. Booo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Dead posted:

Is Samuel L. Jackson a good actor? I don't think I've seen him be good in anything good other than True Romance.

I highly recommend Black Snake Moan. He's very good in that.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

I gave it a shot.

You know, I've always wondered why they never put nipples on Batgirl's costume.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Baron Bifford posted:

MPAA would have given them an R.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sockser posted:

I find it really weird that Silverstone has silver eye paint on to match the silver mask, but then Clooney and O'Donnel are still rocking black paint, which looks silly

I think its weird that they still haven't come up with a good solution to that and they're still just putting black make up around the eyes for the masks, even in the Nolan Batman movies. The best part is when the movies pretend that the make up doesn't exist and Batman takes off the mask and its just his normal face.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

muscles like this? posted:

I think its weird that they still haven't come up with a good solution to that and they're still just putting black make up around the eyes for the masks, even in the Nolan Batman movies. The best part is when the movies pretend that the make up doesn't exist and Batman takes off the mask and its just his normal face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vWvocMc6M&t=110s
I skipped to the relevant part, but it's worth seeing in it's entirety.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

There are, look closer, they just aren't as pronounced as Batman & Robin's.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vWvocMc6M&t=110s
I skipped to the relevant part, but it's worth seeing in it's entirety.

I think Kick rear end is the only superhero movie that acknowledged it exists. In the scene where Cage's character is getting ready for battle he puts on the eye paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

There's a bit at the end of Batman Returns where Batman takes off his mask in front of Kyle and Shreck and right before Keaton rips it off you can see he doesn't have the makeup around the eyes. Not acknowledging it is one thing but making it magically disappear is really silly.