Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I would play that remake. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

I would play that remake. :aaa:

I have it; it's actually not that bad, since it has actual stages and everything. But the gameplay is still very... faithful.

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 3, 2012

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Having attempted to play Ikki very recently I have no desire to even try the remake.

Can you smell it in the air? There's a storm brewing...

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Random Stranger posted:

Having attempted to play Ikki very recently I have no desire to even try the remake.

Can you smell it in the air? There's a storm brewing...

Smells pretty good to me! :3: Smells like dried squid and reikyaku.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I love in the interview, it sounds like everyone is just absolutely bemused by that Wind Blowing "Game."

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Arino posted:

Next time, maybe we'll go to the east coast?

YES, PLEASE. Preferably not the North East, but anything is closer to me.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kan wants you to know about something in one of the upcoming episodes:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

My Mexican buddy has been wondering if there's anyway for him to order a GCCX shirt (any of them) without having to sell his second kidney to the black market to afford one. Got any advice?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

My Mexican buddy has been wondering if there's anyway for him to order a GCCX shirt (any of them) without having to sell his second kidney to the black market to afford one. Got any advice?

The apparel has been extremely limited from the get-go, and when it's not, it's mostly only sold at the Tokyo Game Show, so... no.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This gif is the only good thing to come out of Ikki. I like to imagine he is begging for forgiveness.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

This gif is the only good thing to come out of Ikki. I like to imagine he is begging for forgiveness.

The DVD challenge is also a good thing to come out of Ikki. It's a really special one even if things go awry (wait for it to be translated if you want details on that; it might be the biggest screw up that they've ever done in researching their challenges and it drat near kills three AD's as a result).

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Random Stranger posted:

The DVD challenge is also a good thing to come out of Ikki. It's a really special one even if things go awry (wait for it to be translated if you want details on that; it might be the biggest screw up that they've ever done in researching their challenges and it drat near kills three AD's as a result).

:ohdear: that sounds insane! I hope nobody got actually killed :(

Wendell
May 11, 2003

abraxas posted:

:ohdear: that sounds insane! I hope nobody got actually killed :(

Why would he say "drat near" if someone got killed?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Wendell posted:

Why would he say "drat near" if someone got killed?

It drat near killed three ADs, that means it either killed one or two ADs.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

It drat near killed three ADs, that means it either killed one or two ADs.

Poor Sasano. :(

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

TV Nihon recently redid its torrent links for some reason and while it looks to be temporary, here are working links (it might revert back to the old links at some point, but right now only direct links to torrents work):

Season 1:

All of S1 available except Steel Batallion

Season 2:

All of S2 available

Individual episodes:

J.J. & Jeff

Ultraman

Ultraseven

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Arino.jpg:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is the hint for episode #146. Please translate!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

joek0 posted:

Here is the hint for episode #146. Please translate!
"Next up is 'Ka???'...", where each ? stands for one Japanese character/syllable.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Whilst farting I posted:

TV Nihon recently redid its torrent links for some reason and while it looks to be temporary, here are working links (it might revert back to the old links at some point, but right now only direct links to torrents work):

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Hirayuki posted:

"Next up is 'Ka???'...", where each ? stands for one Japanese character/syllable.

I think I've got it. It's a game they've needed to do for a long, long time: Karateka. It was a huge hit in Japan when released for the Famicom. I can't wait to see Arino get killed by the princess because he doesn't bow after beating the last boss.

Alternatively it could be Karnov but I'm not sure how they write that in katakana (カルノブ seems right but I'm not sure). Karateka's more likely though.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Random Stranger posted:

Alternatively it could be Karnov but I'm not sure how they write that in katakana (カルノブ seems right but I'm not sure).
カルノフ but that is what I was thinking too.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

カルノフ but that is what I was thinking too.

Oh yeah, it's actually on the famicom cart in really tiny print.

Anyway, one of the perils of working on this show is I'm staring at Arino playing this awful game for hours on end and I wind up thinking, "I kind of want to play that." It's like Stockholm Syndrome for terrible games...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
If it's Karnov I'll be so happy. I don't think I've ever beaten the first boss.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

If it's Karnov I'll be so happy. I don't think I've ever beaten the first boss.

I bought Karnov last week. I thought I was the only person on earth who had fond memories of it (though I had only played the arcade version before I bought it).

But I want Karateka more because Jordan Mechner needs three episodes dedicated to how awesome he is. Also I had that game for my Commodore and it's a brutal, cruel game for Arino to play.

(Actually it probably will be Karnov since they've started doing Data East games in earnest last season. While I'll be disappointed, I'll be happy that it means there are some really special games that will be available to torment Arino with.)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Your memories are likely more fond than mine. While I do own the game and have attempted to play it many times, I was first introduced to Karnov through Dance Dance Karnov on this very site (oh god, it's 11 years old now). And I only played that because I was a dedicated Dance Dance Revolution player back then.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

I was first introduced to Karnov through Dance Dance Karnov on this very site (oh god, it's 11 years old now).

Haha, same as me. To this day Im a little sad that Dance Dance Karnov 2 never came out.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Random Stranger posted:

I bought Karnov last week. I thought I was the only person on earth who had fond memories of it (though I had only played the arcade version before I bought it).

But I want Karateka more because Jordan Mechner needs three episodes dedicated to how awesome he is. Also I had that game for my Commodore and it's a brutal, cruel game for Arino to play.

(Actually it probably will be Karnov since they've started doing Data East games in earnest last season. While I'll be disappointed, I'll be happy that it means there are some really special games that will be available to torment Arino with.)

I can't tell you how much I played Karateka on my C64. drat THAT BIRD. drat IT TO HELL. ....I really wanna see Arino play this now, him and birds already don't get along.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Personally I'd like to see Karateka, too. Arino and those wacky, weird Western games, man.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If it is Karateka I hope he steps backwards straight away and gets the quickest game over in the history of the show.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, daft question; what is his fastest game over anyway?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Probably Transformers: Mystery of Convoy.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Chief posted:

Probably Transformers: Mystery of Convoy.

Ugh, just the memory of that episode leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Jolopy
Apr 7, 2004
Nyargh.

ConanThe3rd posted:

So, daft question; what is his fastest game over anyway?

Ashens answers this with a Quickest game overs video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RCHyWcfIU

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3WogFaeFQ

For those who don't want to watch, it's some Action 52 game clocked at 0.40 sec

Jolopy fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 5, 2012

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jolopy posted:

Ashens answers this with a Quickest game overs video.

Er, he means Arino's fastest game over. You realize what thread you're in, right?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

To be fair I was referencing the second video when I mentioned talking backwards off the cliff at the beginning of Karateka.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Was Mystery of Convoy faster than Another World? It's been a while since I watched it.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Was Mystery of Convoy faster than Another World? It's been a while since I watched it.

I think Out of This World is the fastest game start to game over time. Mystery of Convoy is right up there with time to first death, though.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Bocc Kob posted:

Outer World : 4.61 seconds
Mystery Of Convoy : 2.21 seconds

To make it even better, the death is caused by an invisible bullet :D

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It is debatable since in Out of This World you never have to completely start over. You just start over from the last checkpoint whereas Transformers has a more traditional game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

It is debatable since in Out of This World you never have to completely start over. You just start over from the last checkpoint whereas Transformers has a more traditional game over.

It's not really Game Over in Transformers neither, since you just lose a life.

I just noticed how in first post, Ninja Gaiden is classified as "Side Scrolling Murder Sim" :3