Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Amberlyn posted:

I wonder...and I know this isn't going to happen with that chi, but it made me think...in hypothetical terms, is it even possible to straighten a dog out, even at that age, who's been treated the way Super's Dad's dog has been treated? Is it even possible to re-wire the dog's brain so that it can ultimately lead a semi-normal existence for whatever's left of its life?

Sure it is. I know you frequent the Yappy Rat thread, so you may have seen Megatron the Chihuahua's weight loss photos. Her disposition has done a 180 too. She's by no means perfect, but she'll now walk on a leash (even when it's cold and/or damp outside), no longer shits/pisses in the house, barks a tenth of how much she barked before, has better impulse control and has generally learned how to cope with the world. Dogs react so strongly to the environment around them, so a change of scenery really can make a different dog (for better, and of course for worse).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Keelbone posted:

I really hope your mum magically becomes a good owner and Puppy doesn't become like that in 5 years :smith:

I just typed a wall of text about what selfish children they are being about him already but I deleted it because the random nonsense thread doesn't need e/n.

Moses wants to get him and has a lot of dog rage but I was making progress and he was calming down right around the time my mom came home, (after leaving him for 9 hours to go shop) grabbed the puppy in the middle of all of it, and left to go drag him around the park for no reason. My mom runs and I begged her to please not make a 16 week old puppy run 6 miles around a park on concrete but I promise that that is exactly what she is going to try to do.

He has an abscess on his face that I have had to drain and clean every few hours. I told my mom and she said "AN ABSCESS, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. OH, LIKE PEOPLE GET? EW. CLEAN IT FOR ME."

And has not checked, asked about it, or Thought A Thought since.

Anyway.

I promise only to post cute dog pictures henceforth. Sorry for all the :qq:

There should be Frankiepuppy pics later.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Ugh that blows :( and ugh running a 16 week old achondroplasic puppy with flat feet on concrete is the worst idea ever, I hope she doesn't do permanent damage.

Speaking of legs and damage and e/n, I still do not have a clear diagnosis for Mouse and the vet is suggesting exploratory surgery. I can't emphasise enough how torn up I am over this :(

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

notsoape posted:

Speaking of legs and damage and e/n, I still do not have a clear diagnosis for Mouse and the vet is suggesting exploratory surgery. I can't emphasise enough how torn up I am over this :(

Oh no..I'm sorry Notsoape. :sympathy: Hopefully whatever it is, she'll still be able to have some fun running about and hunting critters with you...even if it isn't as hardcore hunting as you would have liked.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
You are eventually getting the house for putting up with all this bullshit, right?

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Put them in a bad nursing home.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Filboid Studge posted:

Put them in a bad nursing home.

"Old people can just eat table scraps and sit around and do nothing all day! That's how they should be."

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

E: Heh. This isn't the reptile thread at all. :doh:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 6, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Super that sucks! At least the dog isn't a deranged dog and you kind of like it? At least there's that.

notsoape posted:

Ugh that blows :( and ugh running a 16 week old achondroplasic puppy with flat feet on concrete is the worst idea ever, I hope she doesn't do permanent damage.

That is just turrible. Mouse is a Good Dog and I want you to give Mouse All The Hugs for me!

There was a Pit at work today, who completely, utterly shocked me. Why did he do that? Because he was in GOOD shape. Found out he's a Hawg Dawg! :banjo:

I was seriously shocked to see a Pit who isn't a tubbo. Got good musculature, a back that isn't flat as a table, and when I pat him I could feel fur, skin and muscle. Instead of *pat* *jigglejiggleJiggle*

His owner is a friend of a co-worker and he had to fly across state for a while, so the dog is with us. So friendly you'd never know he loves nothing more then the taste of A Terrified Hog. :angel:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

His owner is a friend of a co-worker and he had to fly across state for a while, so the dog is with us. So friendly you'd never know he loves nothing more then the taste of A Terrified Hog.

Wanna pat dat dawg! :3:

redmercer posted:

You are eventually getting the house for putting up with all this bullshit, right?

gently caress that I'm moving to the country as far from middle aged suburban moms with terrible opinions as possible. :banjo:

I think we're just going to have to keep Moses completely and totally away from him. After my mom got back from hauling him around the park, she suddenly wouldn't let me do introductions the way I needed to (she read a very basic leaflet the rescue gave her about Dog Introductions and they absolutely do not apply to Moses or anything remotely DA, prey driven, or leash reactive. She is now an expert on introductions because of said leaflet.) and the puppy nearly got his face bitten because she wouldn't stop shrieking in the background every time Moses continued to exist. Now the puppy has had a lovely experience, Moses is currently completely deconstructing his own psyche while being a dick to everyone because he doesn't understand what just happened or why he kept getting screamed at while also hiding and panting and drooling all over himself because he knows he bit a face and that is Bad. I have been cramming treats down his throat and immediately took him for a good run because that usually helps calm down when he gets freaked out but he's still all glazed over and shut down and welp. He actually started out being really good and was doing amazingly in spite of my mom forcing me to do it according to her bland leaflet for bland dogs (and not, you know, the way I've done it with 4 DA pit bulls that has worked every time without a single face getting bitten) but I should have stopped the second she started freaking Moses out by overreacting to his every move. I tried to ride it out for too long, so that's my bad I guess!!

He is going to associate 100% of it with the puppy and develop a massive grudge, which I COULD STILL FIX at this point but nope, not touching it, just not gonna let them see each other. I didn't expect them to be bff's, I just wanted to make sure that Moses knew what this thing was and that he was not allowed to touch it if he ever happened to run across it in his travels. Now it will be forever known as the Thing That Gave Him A Bad Day so I'm gonna have to be extra careful to make sure they like never see each other. Mom is currently gloating because she ~told me it wouldn't work.~ Yeah, if you stand there and bellow like a cow every time one of the dogs moves, it probably isn't! :)!!

HERE, HAVE A PUPPY.

and a set of rear dew claws. :smug:

In spite of having an overwhelming, terrible weekend, he has been nothing but happy, chill, and super fun. I moved him and his crate into my sister's room (she just graduated high school/is about to start college/is spending the summer with my dad) so he's got his own space now. Still no accidents, still potties outside p much on command. No crying in crate, no drama whatsoever. I am so used to pit bulls and all of their :qq:'ing about everything in the world that he seems like he's going to be like the easiest puppy ever. He seems like he's got this rock solid houndawg thing going on that I can really get behind. I have not met many puppies his age that are as confidant and chill and happy as he is, and he *should* be going through a fear stage right now. I didn't introduce him to Frankie today though, he's already been really overwhelmed and I think he's had more than enough for one weekend.

You can see his face abscess in a bunch of those. It looks like a puncture, like maybe one of the other dogs with the rescue bit him. I'm keeping it flushed out and it looks alright. I'm scheduling his final round of shots tomorrow (my mom doesn't think he needs to go because "OH HES ALREADY GOTTEN 2 SETS HE'S FINE" so just gently caress it, I'll do it) so I'll get the vet to look at it sometime this week when he goes for those if it doesn't get any worse.

My partner is as outraged as I am and has informed me that we are taking him as soon as we are able. He my have to endure a couple of years of My Parents before we're in a position to do so (we might be renting at first when she gets here and I'm not going to try to rent with 3 dogs, especially if we end up in an apartment, gently caress that) but we're gonna get him out of here as soon as possible. He's a good boy and I'm hoping I can mitigate as much of the bad stuff as possible in the meantime. :sigh:

This guy wouldn't look at me and also wouldn't stop making this face

So I told him to go find critters. One slain mouse later and I guess he felt a lil better.

This sure was a weekend.

e; spellin

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 6, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Moses is a Good Dog. Does Frankie ever find(kill) critters? I'm asking because I want to breed Boston Rat Terriers. This is very important.

I'd imagine he just stares at them until they walk away, or maybe barks a few times, then runs out of Fucks To Give.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

Moses is a Good Dog. Does Frankie ever find(kill) critters? I'm asking because I want to breed Boston Rat Terriers. This is very important.

I'd imagine he just stares at them until they walk away, or maybe barks a few times, then runs out of Fucks To Give.

He wants to but he doesn't really know what to do so he just kind of gets in the way and then get really excited when Suddenly, A Critter and tries to take it from Moses and then they get into a fight about it and everyone dies.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
I just finished reading..whats it called, Culture Clash recently. That dog behavior book. You guys type Like That Book. ..mostly just super.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Oh god, Super. That does seem like such an awesome puppy, but it sucks that your parents are doing this. And your mother yelling at Moses, what the hell. Any idiot should know that yelling at dogs is only gonna get them more wound up. Here's hoping you can keep Moses from killing anyone, and hoping you can get out of there and maybe save the puppy down the line, because he does seem like an awesome little fella.

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Greycious posted:

Oh no..I'm sorry Notsoape. :sympathy: Hopefully whatever it is, she'll still be able to have some fun running about and hunting critters with you...even if it isn't as hardcore hunting as you would have liked.

She should be fine for ratting, whatever happens. Currently she is not allowed to run at all, which seems impossibly cruel for a sighthound, but needs must :sigh:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

notsoape posted:

She should be fine for ratting, whatever happens. Currently she is not allowed to run at all, which seems impossibly cruel for a sighthound, but needs must :sigh:

The no-running period after Husker's surgery was a huge pain in the rear end, especially after the worst of the pain was gone. Good luck with her :(

Keelbone
Sep 3, 2011

beyond the sunset leads my way

Oh man poor Moses :( You have my lurker condolences, hopefully he'll feel better soon.

And good luck to Mouse too!

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Superconsndar posted:

I think we're just going to have to keep Moses completely and totally away from him. After my mom got back from hauling him around the park, she suddenly wouldn't let me do introductions the way I needed to (she read a very basic leaflet the rescue gave her about Dog Introductions and they absolutely do not apply to Moses or anything remotely DA, prey driven, or leash reactive. She is now an expert on introductions because of said leaflet.) and the puppy nearly got his face bitten because she wouldn't stop shrieking in the background every time Moses continued to exist. Now the puppy has had a lovely experience, Moses is currently completely deconstructing his own psyche while being a dick to everyone because he doesn't understand what just happened or why he kept getting screamed at while also hiding and panting and drooling all over himself because he knows he bit a face and that is Bad. I have been cramming treats down his throat and immediately took him for a good run because that usually helps calm down when he gets freaked out but he's still all glazed over and shut down and welp. He actually started out being really good and was doing amazingly in spite of my mom forcing me to do it according to her bland leaflet for bland dogs (and not, you know, the way I've done it with 4 DA pit bulls that has worked every time without a single face getting bitten) but I should have stopped the second she started freaking Moses out by overreacting to his every move. I tried to ride it out for too long, so that's my bad I guess!!

I don't know why your mum thinks that she knows better than you all of a sudden. I mean poo poo, if mine brought home a puppy she would at least trust me to introduce it to my dogs, as she knows they're both dumb about other dogs.

Out of curiousity, how would you have introduced them, in a perfect world/how did you want to introduce them? Poor Moses though, even the most dog-friendly dog wouldn't have been happy if someone had been screaming every time they moved.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Yeah, I was going to ask that too - how would you introduce them?

I think my preferred method for introductions is posted in the OP of the Puppy Thread. The basic gist of it is that you should keep the dogs ENTIRELY SEPARATE via baby gates, x-pens and crates until the dogs basically no longer are interested in each other. The whole process will take a month or so. For the first week you would want a double barrier between the two dogs at all times. Progressing to the next step is contingent on the dogs being 100% okay with the one previous.

It's boring, it's a pain in the rear end, and it's frustrating for us people but it's a good way to show the dogs that the other dog is no big deal and nothing to be particularly interested in. All the while you're conditioning each dog to associate the other's presence with good stuff.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

a life less posted:

I think my preferred method for introductions is posted in the OP of the Puppy Thread. The basic gist of it is that you should keep the dogs ENTIRELY SEPARATE via baby gates, x-pens and crates until the dogs basically no longer are interested in each other. The whole process will take a month or so. For the first week you would want a double barrier between the two dogs at all times. Progressing to the next step is contingent on the dogs being 100% okay with the one previous.

It's boring, it's a pain in the rear end, and it's frustrating for us people but it's a good way to show the dogs that the other dog is no big deal and nothing to be particularly interested in. All the while you're conditioning each dog to associate the other's presence with good stuff.

Yeah that would make a lot of DA pit bulls go into search and destroy mode.

I introduce them basically like I would a prey animal. I tell them to "loving leave it" and pretty much just shut off their brains at first- they know they're not allowed to touch the puppy and they also know that they have to tolerate it, but they're completely ignoring it and not interacting with it at all. I then spend the next few weeks completely ignoring the puppy and lavishing affection and attention and praise on the adult dog whenever the puppy is around. I do that until I see no more defensive/resource guardy behavior with the new puppy.

Then, over the course of the next few weeks/months I will very subtly start slipping in more and more attention to the puppy around the adult dog. I do it so slowly that the older one doesn't notice, and if they do notice, we backtrack some. After a few months it usually means they can be around each other while supervised and if they have issues we just go back to "nope, leave it" and start again.

My mom made me put them both on leashes and let them sniff each other in the yard while leash popping/jerking when one moved. :psyduck:

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Superconsndar posted:

My mom made me put them both on leashes and let them sniff each other in the yard while leash popping/jerking when one moved. :psyduck:

:haw: sounds like a flawless plan to me?!

Topoisomerase fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 6, 2012

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Topoisomerase posted:

:haw: sounds like a flawless plan to me?!

The leaflet said!! :buddy:

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

a life less posted:

Working at doggy daycare, and owning a highly dog-reactive (although not necessarily DA) dog, my favorite way is to take the two dogs for a really uptempo, long walk. Side by side. Every day, or every other day. One of you walks on the sidewalk, and one on the swail or street (or opposite side of the street!), depending on how wide the area is & how much space the dogs need at first. At first they do not meet on leash at all. The beginning of the walk is usually very tense but you just keep moving forward no matter what. They're usually pretty relaxed by the end of the walk, comparatively, and over time the tense moments in the beginning diminish in length.

It's all about conditioning good things in the presence of the other dog (being outside-OMG SMELLS!). You gradually work in things like approaching the other dog on leash briefly, smelling butts, but the process reverts back a step if either dog stiffens up.

It's worked with my insecure male-dog-hating dog & my neighbor's unneutered standard poodle, as well as a few dogs from work. In my mind this is a really similar approach, but the conditioning is a really active process as opposed to being passive.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Wellll that was fun.

One of my mice has looked ill for a week or so; so I was pretty surprised when another (in a different cage) just had a heart attack or a seizure or i dont know what. Mozart just died on my hand on the way up the vets.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Fraction posted:

Wellll that was fun.

One of my mice has looked ill for a week or so; so I was pretty surprised when another (in a different cage) just had a heart attack or a seizure or i dont know what. Mozart just died on my hand on the way up the vets.

Jesus, Fraction, you have just had no luck with those guys :(. I'm so sorry.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

It's all about conditioning good things in the presence of the other dog (being outside-OMG SMELLS!). You gradually work in things like approaching the other dog on leash briefly, smelling butts, but the process reverts back a step if either dog stiffens up.

It's worked with my insecure male-dog-hating dog & my neighbor's unneutered standard poodle, as well as a few dogs from work. In my mind this is a really similar approach, but the conditioning is a really active process as opposed to being passive.

The issue I've run into with the "make being around the other dog a positive experience" approach is that many DA pit bulls, when around other dogs, care about absolutely nothing but making sure the other does not get any attention. Petting them, praising them, treating them, etc is pretty much ignored if it's happening in tandem with the other dog getting attention. Many get to the point where all they do is keep score and they really don't care if they get good things or not, as long as That Other Dog is not ~Winning.~ I start puppies off with the whole "look good things happen when I pet other dogs!!" deal and it works until around the time they hit maturity and then suddenly they don't care. The biggest drive in the world for them is "End A Dog" and when that's what they want to do, treats and praise don't mean much- who has time for treats when there's some jerk around getting talked to and patted instead of you? Who does that guy think he is?

If, for example, I forced Moses to walk side by side with a new dog on a long walk, his brain would do cartwheels the whole time while I constantly reminded him to leave the other dog alone. He would ignore treats and praise, glaze over, and by the time we got home he would be so freaked and frustrated and resentful that dog would be on his poo poo list until the end of time.

I've had the most success in keeping everyone happy by convincing everyone that THEY are the favorite and getting all of the attention- but until we can work up to that point, I just enforce a permanent state of "leave it" to get us by until that balance is achieved. That hasn't been necessary for ALL of the pit bulls I've dealt with, and a lot of the more dog tolerant ones are fine with the usual regular reactive dog stuff, but as you crawl up the progressive Dog Rage scale it starts to become not that simple anymore.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Fraction posted:

Wellll that was fun.

That was me last week. A couple of my super old ewes have been struggling with anemia and the blistering heat and I thought I was going to lose them at any moment but I went out and found one of my yearling boys dead with a broken neck in the fence. Life sucks sometimes.

Sorry about Mozart :sympathy:

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

Superconsndar posted:

The issue I've run into with the "make being around the other dog a positive experience" approach is that many DA pit bulls, when around other dogs, care about absolutely nothing but making sure the other does not get any attention. Petting them, praising them, treating them, etc is pretty much ignored if it's happening in tandem with the other dog getting attention. Many get to the point where all they do is keep score and they really don't care if they get good things or not, as long as That Other Dog is not ~Winning.~ I start puppies off with the whole "look good things happen when I pet other dogs!!" deal and it works until around the time they hit maturity and then suddenly they don't care. The biggest drive in the world for them is "End A Dog" and when that's what they want to do, treats and praise don't mean much- who has time for treats when there's some jerk around getting talked to and patted instead of you? Who does that guy think he is?

If, for example, I forced Moses to walk side by side with a new dog on a long walk, his brain would do cartwheels the whole time while I constantly reminded him to leave the other dog alone. He would ignore treats and praise, glaze over, and by the time we got home he would be so freaked and frustrated and resentful that dog would be on his poo poo list until the end of time.

I've had the most success in keeping everyone happy by convincing everyone that THEY are the favorite and getting all of the attention- but until we can work up to that point, I just enforce a permanent state of "leave it" to get us by until that balance is achieved. That hasn't been necessary for ALL of the pit bulls I've dealt with, and a lot of the more dog tolerant ones are fine with the usual regular reactive dog stuff, but as you crawl up the progressive Dog Rage scale it starts to become not that simple anymore.

Yea, I don't disagree with your method especially with sensitive snowflake dogs like Moses. I haven't climbed that far up the Dog Rage scale (mostly because they fail their temp. evaluations). The walking is just my favorite method for less extreme cases- like my dog who is fear-reactive, not dog aggressive. I do have a Pit at work that absolutely pitches a fit if he sees you in another area lavishing attention on another dog. Out of all the dogs, he's the biggest emotional baby, but he doesn't take it out on other dogs, so we keep him around.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Invalid Octopus posted:

Jesus, Fraction, you have just had no luck with those guys :(. I'm so sorry.

It's frustrating especially because I tried to be ~responsible~ and got them from a breeder. But so far I've had: one death by tumor, one death by seizure?, one that's mysteriously ill... On the other hand my boy from a really terrible pet shop has had not a single thing wrong with him. :sigh:

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Sorry about Mozart :sympathy:

Sorry about Emmett, too :(

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Fraction posted:

It's frustrating especially because I tried to be ~responsible~ and got them from a breeder. But so far I've had: one death by tumor, one death by seizure?, one that's mysteriously ill... On the other hand my boy from a really terrible pet shop has had not a single thing wrong with him. :sigh:

Have you contacted the breeder about the health issues? If she's at all decent (which, at this point, seems unlikely) then she'd want to know. For mice and rats it seems to be just luck of the draw, but you're having enough issues that I'd avoid that breeder in the future. For my next rat, I'll probably just be going through kijiji, since there are some breeders posting adds there – there are zero active breeders with websites in my province. I figure health is a crapshoot, but at least I can get an interesting looking rat if I go through a breeder.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Invalid Octopus posted:

Have you contacted the breeder about the health issues? If she's at all decent (which, at this point, seems unlikely) then she'd want to know. For mice and rats it seems to be just luck of the draw, but you're having enough issues that I'd avoid that breeder in the future. For my next rat, I'll probably just be going through kijiji, since there are some breeders posting adds there – there are zero active breeders with websites in my province. I figure health is a crapshoot, but at least I can get an interesting looking rat if I go through a breeder.

Yeah I told him about Flower when she got pts, and I sent him an email earlier to let him know about Mozart. Maybe I should let him know about my ill mouse, too, but I dunno. I'm not going to be getting mice again anyway, at least not for a couple years, but I doubt I'd go show breeder route again. At least the rat breeder I've been talking with has health at the front of her mind when she's breeding.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Puppy at 1000 frames/second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdeBLgal-6c

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

I just heard from my boss this giant newfie we groomed was put to sleep...we don't know why yet. :(

I don't know why I'm so crushed, it was just a dog I groomed every 8-10 weeks...but he was so big and sweet. One of his owners also passed away not too long ago.(The one who took the most care of him). I'm sure that has something to do with it...

It's just so sad. :smith:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Welp, this has to be the :smith:est week in Pet Island for a while... :negative:

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
My ex's dog died a couple days ago too (he's a goon so he might read this!). I posted his picture several times in PI because he was adorable and so unique looking being a basset hound mix.

Even though I haven't seen him in 3 years, I'll miss him :(

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
What a handsome dog. I'm guessing Basset + some kind of spaniel? Such a sweet expression.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

notsoape posted:

Welp, this has to be the :smith:est week in Pet Island for a while... :negative:

If it makes you feel better, the CCPDT emailed me back today about that lovely dog trainer I keep ranting about and they want contact info of witnesses, so a person who is harming dogs and getting away with it might finally get shut down soon.

I dunno that's all the news I had.

InEscape
Nov 10, 2006

stuck.
Yeah we need some good news up in this thread!

....Sarabi's feline acne seems to be clearing up well.

That's it for my good news. Lots of rescue drama though.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Here's some good news: my boyfriend and I have decided to keep the rabbit we've been fostering. We were originally fostering her because she was dumped at a shelter I volunteer at and they had nowhere to put her. They called and asked if I could foster until they found a home, but everyone here has grown so attached to her it's just impossible. :3:

She's a dutch rabbit named Decaf. My boyfriend's son (who's 8) likes to just sit and watch her play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

My good news: Bebe is already coming out from under the bed to play with toys despite moving in only on Friday! She also got brave enough to come up and give my feet a sniff when I was flopped on the floor reading a book.

Horrible pictures follow:

• Locked thread