Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cassa posted:

Anyone remember a PC modern warfare game from about 6 or 7 years ago, it had a mission where you were mounted in humvees and then got attacked so you had to enter a building while you murdered the attackers. I'm pretty sure it was a co-op game as well.

That could actually be Modern Warfare 2 which had some missions near the start where you're driving through town in a convoy and get attacked by guys with RPGs and end up having to fight your way to an evac point through buildings, one of which used to be a school (but was apparently abandoned aside from the bad guys).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It might also be Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVBcoWzvMM

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Zaodai posted:

That could actually be Modern Warfare 2 which had some missions near the start where you're driving through town in a convoy and get attacked by guys with RPGs and end up having to fight your way to an evac point through buildings, one of which used to be a school (but was apparently abandoned aside from the bad guys).

Maybe, but I'm almost certain it was cooperative. Did the MW games have coop campaigns?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Cassa posted:

Maybe, but I'm almost certain it was cooperative. Did the MW games have coop campaigns?

MW1 didn't, I think MW2 and 3 did? I didn't play 3, but I remember playing co-op in 2 a bit with friends.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Cassa posted:

Anyone remember a PC modern warfare game from about 6 or 7 years ago, it had a mission where you were mounted in humvees and then got attacked so you had to enter a building while you murdered the attackers. I'm pretty sure it was a co-op game as well.

As Humphrey said, It's very likely Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I remember it well because on my old PC it was like watching a slideshow!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, that's about the right time too, MW is too modern. Does it have PC coop? Whether by mod or other means.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

I think the first mission of Conflict: Desert Storm II had you getting ambushed in a humvee convoy, and that was co-op.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I've been obsessing for a week about a game from my childhood. It was on ps1. A combat racing game. Top down. It had a very cartoony art-style and some characters included a fish-out-of-water in a submarine vehicle, a cowboy dude, and levels included Christmas/snow, underwater, desert, undead/horror. The aim was to get far enough ahead of your opponents that they fell off the screen. Not micro machines. If anyone has any idea, I'd live to get over this fit of asperger's :)

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax

RedRupee posted:

I've been obsessing for a week about a game from my childhood. It was on ps1. A combat racing game. Top down. It had a very cartoony art-style and some characters included a fish-out-of-water in a submarine vehicle, a cowboy dude, and levels included Christmas/snow, underwater, desert, undead/horror. The aim was to get far enough ahead of your opponents that they fell off the screen. Not micro machines. If anyone has any idea, I'd live to get over this fit of asperger's :)

Motor Mash?

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

You are the best. :woop:

Rudi Starnberg
Jul 8, 2012
This seems the right thread, I found this image playing imigur roulette and I can't work out what game it's from.

I'd say it's X3 but I'm a fair X3 sperg and I dont recognise the ships or the system. Is it from X3:R or a mod or even a totaly diferent game?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Rudi Starnberg posted:

This seems the right thread, I found this image playing imigur roulette and I can't work out what game it's from.

I'd say it's X3 but I'm a fair X3 sperg and I dont recognise the ships or the system. Is it from X3:R or a mod or even a totaly diferent game?

Those could almost be Halo ships. Don't know which game though.

Edit: Halo: Reach. For reference:

HoldYourFire fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 6, 2012

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
I have vague memories of two PC games from my childhood. Can't figure out what either of them are.

One is from circa 1998-1999. I believe it was some sort of cop game for the PC, was played with a joystick, and you flew some sort of futuristic helicopter.

The second one is a bit more difficult. It's an edutainment title that we played in elementary school. The main gist of it was various puzzle maps of geography. They'd give you an online of the US, for instance, and you had to rotate the various states and plop them in their correct places.

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

I'm looking for the name of a DOS fighting game. I got it on one of those CDs that you got with new hardware that had dozens of games, so I'm not sure when it came out. The unique thing about it was that you could customize what your character's moves were from a big list. Aside from that, it may have been a Kung-Fu game, it was pretty terrible to play, and the developer or publisher's logo was something like a wooden cart/covered wagon/horse-drawn carriage and either ended in "soft" or "softworks".

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

futurememory posted:

One is from circa 1998-1999. I believe it was some sort of cop game for the PC, was played with a joystick, and you flew some sort of futuristic helicopter.

G-Police?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

I'm looking for the name of a DOS fighting game. I got it on one of those CDs that you got with new hardware that had dozens of games, so I'm not sure when it came out. The unique thing about it was that you could customize what your character's moves were from a big list. Aside from that, it may have been a Kung-Fu game, it was pretty terrible to play, and the developer or publisher's logo was something like a wooden cart/covered wagon/horse-drawn carriage and either ended in "soft" or "softworks".
Also known as Mindscape now:

Was it this?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/bruce-lee-lives

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

The Joe Man posted:

Also known as Mindscape now:

Was it this?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/bruce-lee-lives

Yes it is.

Thanks so very much, I've looked for hours trying to find this game.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

Daimo posted:

G-Police?

Oh man, that's it! Thanks so much! In my memory the graphics looked a million times better.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

futurememory posted:

Oh man, that's it! Thanks so much! In my memory the graphics looked a million times better.

Tell me about it - I'd love for there to be a sequel with modern graphics and control scheme!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I'm thinking of a game that's a pretty lo-fi pixel style platformer. The defining feature is that there are a ton of different monster & enemy types, and every time you defeat one, you can then play as that type of enemy. Fantasy themed; dwarfs, wizards, tons of monsters., etc. It has a largely explorational feel to it. I kind of think it had a really zoomed out field of view and maybe you were exploring a huge cavern, or something along those lines.

I think it was a pretty recent game, came out in the last few years, and I'm almost certain it was free, too. I also believe that it was partially made to showcase some kind of sprite package for indie games.

Anyone know what this might be?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Might be http://jayisgames.com/games/great-dungeon-in-the-sky/

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

That's it, thanks! Flash game... that would explain why I couldn't find it on my PC. And this is the pixel art package I was thinking of: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8970.0/

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm trying to find one of those "running" Flash games. This specific one had a wizard, I think you have a fire spell, and ice spell, and something else (teleport?). It was just one of those simple reaction time games, use <x> spell when you see <y> object, the game gets faster and faster, and eventually you bite it. It was a pretty standard game but I can't find it anymore.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Watching the Olympics for the last week has reminded me of an DOS old game I used to play when I was a kid. It was a track and field game that I think was partly ascii-based. This would have been 1985 at the latest. I thought it was one of the Friendlyware packages, but I can't find any screen shots that look right. It was definitely not Epyx's Summer Games. Sound familiar to anyone?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

stubblyhead posted:

Watching the Olympics for the last week has reminded me of an DOS old game I used to play when I was a kid. It was a track and field game that I think was partly ascii-based. This would have been 1985 at the latest. I thought it was one of the Friendlyware packages, but I can't find any screen shots that look right. It was definitely not Epyx's Summer Games. Sound familiar to anyone?

Was it Daley Thompson's Decathlon?

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
I'm trying to find evidence of this old BUILD engine tech demo-ish game that was made by Monolith and came from some type of demo CD-rom thing you got from a computer gaming magazine

As far as I can remember it was released some time around 1995, before they actually made a game, and it took place on some sort of mars space station, and you could walk around exploring the space station and seeing all the neat little things the BUILD engine was capable of

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

HoldYourFire posted:

Was it Daley Thompson's Decathlon?

No, but you got me pointed in the right direction. It was actually Microsoft Decathlon. I remember there being a decathlon event, but I didn't remember it being the central focus of the game. You must have been able to do the events individually too, because I mostly remember doing shot put and discus.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

NoodleBox posted:

I'm trying to find evidence of this old BUILD engine tech demo-ish game that was made by Monolith and came from some type of demo CD-rom thing you got from a computer gaming magazine

As far as I can remember it was released some time around 1995, before they actually made a game, and it took place on some sort of mars space station, and you could walk around exploring the space station and seeing all the neat little things the BUILD engine was capable of

Ken's Labyrinth?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ok, this was a mid-90s edutainment game. It was a platformer in a sort of fantasy/medieval setting, where the player character was a knight. Every now and then you'd reach a flag and had to answer a question to progress. I think they may have been spelling-related, but really can't remember. Mostly I remember the platforming, the sweet-rear end soundtrack and having to jump over a dragon's fireballs.

I think maybe I first played it on a CD-ROM Today or something similar, but really it could have been from anywhere.

You guys did me proud with Gizmos and Gadgets a year or so back, I hope you can get this one too!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

sebzilla posted:

Ok, this was a mid-90s edutainment game. It was a platformer in a sort of fantasy/medieval setting, where the player character was a knight. Every now and then you'd reach a flag and had to answer a question to progress. I think they may have been spelling-related, but really can't remember. Mostly I remember the platforming, the sweet-rear end soundtrack and having to jump over a dragon's fireballs.

I think maybe I first played it on a CD-ROM Today or something similar, but really it could have been from anywhere.

You guys did me proud with Gizmos and Gadgets a year or so back, I hope you can get this one too!

There was one like this that my church had, except with Bible questions. I called my mom (who ran the computer lab at the time) and she thinks that was called Bible quest. So maybe Spelling Quest or something?

CityOfLostChildren
Mar 16, 2007

I was wondering if anyone can help me with finding a manual for an old MS-DOS version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I managed to find the game and get it to run in DOS-Box but it requires the time codes from the manual in order to play the game which I can't seem to find online. Does anyone know a good resource to find this? My googling has yielded no results. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I found it. It's called the Circuits of Time.

CityOfLostChildren fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 9, 2012

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
replacementdocs.com is considered the 'major' source for game manuals if anyone else is interested. They have Bill & Ted too.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
Ok, I remember a 3rd person shooter where you had a dog as a partner, and you used the dog to take down enemies too, but for the life of me cannot find the name of it. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. My memory has failed me, and I haven't had much luck googling for it.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

meatsaw posted:

Ok, I remember a 3rd person shooter where you had a dog as a partner, and you used the dog to take down enemies too, but for the life of me cannot find the name of it. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. My memory has failed me, and I haven't had much luck googling for it.

~Dead to Rights~

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

scamtank posted:

~Dead to Rights~

:neckbeard: Bravo! I couldn't find a drat thing about it. I think I remember you actually got the play the dog sometimes too, but I thought the dog as a weapon was a neat idea that I haven't seen since.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

meatsaw posted:

:neckbeard: Bravo! I couldn't find a drat thing about it. I think I remember you actually got the play the dog sometimes too, but I thought the dog as a weapon was a neat idea that I haven't seen since.

Shadowdancer (old Shinobi game) did that, hold a button and your dog would charge across the screen and grab an enemy to stun them.

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009

ponzicar posted:

Ken's Labyrinth?

Nah, it wasn't ken's labyrinth

you got to walk around a pseudo-space station and see different types of space junk that they had put there

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

This game was on the Sega Genesis, I last played it at age 7 and it was only for a short time. Sorry for the :psyduck: description.

The first level you moved pretty slowly through a forest and you had a sword, the first boss was a machine that sat in the middle of the screen and engulfed the right and left sides of the screen in flames/explosions, in alternating order.

I think the third or fourth level was very dark and there were drops of blue water coming out of the ceiling that could hurt you. There were also pools of the same blue water that, if you fell into them, would cause death. I think the boss was some kind of giant dinosaur.

The fifth or so level you had to fight several bosses or tough enemies and I never really made it past that. This has driven me crazy forever.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Looking for a game that I bought at Ross on their clarence shelves when I was in middle school. The game came with a book ("novel"). It was an RPG with tons and tons of bugs, and the book itself was pretty lovely too. It did have some sort of charm and I've found myself feeling nostalgic over it the last few days.

The book and game had all your typical RPG elements, but I member the game also having some sort of guild system even though it was single player (don't remember if there was a multilayer option, if there was it would have probably been LAN based or something).

Does anyone remember this? I keep thinking it was called "Shattered Earth" but all Google searches for that don't come up with anything close to what I'm talking about so I might be way off the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆
I have two, I think maybe a little difficult:

A game that came packaged with our Compaq OS (the OS, IIRC, had tabbed browsing) around 1996 or 1997, probably a point-and-click educational adventure that had a section in the jungle, or was set in the jungle entirely. I seem to remember a toucan. It wasn't Hugo III.

A simple puzzle game, probably also from about 1996-7, that was developed in Iceland and had a map of Iceland as one of the puzzles.