Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I get to come home from work and get lambasted on stream, great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

LightningKimba posted:

I'm not sure why that is myself, I know from what I saw from Story Mode feeds, it's consistently Spunky Dragon With Deadly Legs, I dunno if that also exists in the Japanese settings or not.

Her ACTUAL title should be The Carnivore Who Discarded Womanhood, but I guess the title's too embarrassing even for ATLUS? Also I can't spell poo poo.

I'm pretty sure they call her both at times. I have no clue why.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Quick reminder for everyone tomorrow night around 10pm eastern time I'll be streaming an online tourney for this. It's not a definite start time to give the west coast players to wiggle room to get here.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/btcfkwrvwr

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I should be able to make the tournament but if I can't I'll let you know as soon as possible. I hope I have time to choose a character I like but if not I'll just use Yu.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

The GIG posted:

I'm pretty sure they call her both at times. I have no clue why.

It's because Chie kicked Teddie in the 'nads :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I signed up for the tournament, but my local scene also meets tonight, so I might be a little late. Stupid central time.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

FinestKO is doing their charity stream, 24 hours of solid Persona 4 Arena action. Check it out, y'all.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

LightningKimba posted:

FinestKO is doing their charity stream, 24 hours of solid Persona 4 Arena action. Check it out, y'all.

Schedule images:

Edit: Dacidbro made a few videos while at the FGTV House to explain the basics of P4A and then went over the basics of his character of choice, Akihiko. I have not watched these yet, but Dacidbro has been going in on this game hardcore so I expect the videos to be full of good information: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/06/dacidbros-persona-4-arena-basics-and-akihiko-tutorial/

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 7, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

quote:

NOS PowerUP: Two players will compete in a first to 3 or first to 5 (match) wins. The loser will be required to PowerUP with a wagered amount of NOS (no more than a shot) after each match.

So the the winner is whoever's heart doesn't explode?

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I signed up, assuming UPS doesn't pull any shenanigans this afternoon.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!
For anyone that didn't preorder, Newegg is running a promotion for $10 off both versions of P4A using coupon codes EMCNBNC235 (360) and EMCNBNC236 (PS3). Also free shipping. :woop:

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Trying to get this game has been a nightmare. I went to two Wal-marts, a Target, and a Best Buy and none of them had the game. Finally, I hung my head in defeat and was forced to go to Gamestop. And they only ordered enough copies to fill their pre-orders so I was screwed there as well and STILL had to listen to that mouth-breather try to sell me on a bunch of poo poo I didn't come in for.

Businesses in general are seriously not interested in selling this game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Amazon estimated my delivery on the 10th, but I want it NOW! :( I just gotta hope one of the stores around here has it, I guess.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Just picked up mine during my lunch break, let's rock this poo poo :c00lbert:

PSN Dre2Dee2

Speed
Dec 25, 2010

I wanna sleep...
Picked this up and enjoying it so far, but is there a way to turn off the auto combos?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Speed posted:

Picked this up and enjoying it so far, but is there a way to turn off the auto combos?

Don't mash 5A?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I love how the main menu alternates between the Persona 3 and 4 world map music depending on who's on the screen. :3:

Fake Edit: Oh drat, and now it's playing the P3 dorm music.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

I love how the main menu alternates between the Persona 3 and 4 world map music depending on who's on the screen. :3:

Fake Edit: Oh drat, and now it's playing the P3 dorm music.

I gotta buy this game even if it ends up having no players

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill

Speed posted:

Just find a better combo. Seriously, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

On a side note, I'll be picking up both copies of this game (gamertag for both consoles are EnochP). I'll be playing the scrub Chie.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Signed up for the tournament, hope I don't forget while struggling through the challenge mode for Aigis :downs:

PS: From now on it shall be called Megido Wheel. :colbert:

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.

Kp posted:

Just find a better combo. Seriously, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

On a side note, I'll be picking up both copies of this game (gamertag for both consoles are EnochP). I'll be playing the scrub Chie.

I'm planning to do the same, but all my joysticks are for 360. Has anyone had any experience with cross-console adapters? Do they actually work properly with no delay or drops with regards to input? Any recommendations?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I was wondering in regards to the 360's netcode: Do we trust the developers enough to say it's a 100% for sure thing that the netcode will get fixed? I'm about to buy this, and I'd perfer the Xbox version as that's what I have a fightstick for, but the main reason I'd need my own copy of the game is for online play.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill

LibbyM posted:

I was wondering in regards to the 360's netcode: Do we trust the developers enough to say it's a 100% for sure thing that the netcode will get fixed? I'm about to buy this, and I'd perfer the Xbox version as that's what I have a fightstick for, but the main reason I'd need my own copy of the game is for online play.

From what I can understand, the patch is finished and is just the testing phase. ASW is pretty good on delivering on their gently caress ups and this isn't the first time this has happened. Blazblue CT had the same problem on the 360 and it was patched fairly quickly. I had no issues playing that game online.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How much does the story mode in this spoil the story of Persona 4 (or 3 for that matter)? I have a friend I usually play through fighting games with but he hasn't played Persona 3 or 4 and he probably will some day so I just wanted to see how viable it is to play this without ruining the story of two games he really should play.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

axleblaze posted:

How much does the story mode in this spoil the story of Persona 4 (or 3 for that matter)? I have a friend I usually play through fighting games with but he hasn't played Persona 3 or 4 and he probably will some day so I just wanted to see how viable it is to play this without ruining the story of two games he really should play.

Considering how this game is canon and what Elizabeth is doing here I'd say it probably has spoilers.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I never got to play Persona 4 (my launch PS2 died before it came out), but I played Persona on the PS1, and Persona 3 on PSN.
Picked this up today because I love the universe it's set in, but yeah I was wondering how much of P4 this is spoiling.

Does P4 pick up where P3 left off, or is it like Persona 3 to Persona 1 where the connections were tenuous at best?
Is there a decent story synopsis for 4 that would catch me up?

I just picked Arena up, I'll probably be on PSN tonight, username is OdysseusRage, but I haven't played a fighter in months so I'm going to suck.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Manifest posted:

I never got to play Persona 4 (my launch PS2 died before it came out), but I played Persona on the PS1, and Persona 3 on PSN.
Picked this up today because I love the universe it's set in, but yeah I was wondering how much of P4 this is spoiling.

Does P4 pick up where P3 left off, or is it like Persona 3 to Persona 1 where the connections were tenuous at best?
Is there a decent story synopsis for 4 that would catch me up?

I just picked Arena up, I'll probably be on PSN tonight, username is OdysseusRage, but I haven't played a fighter in months so I'm going to suck.

There's a few parts where they show a character and give a few nods to P3, but it's very much it's own thing. The plots are entirely separate. If you play story mode they wrap up the basics of each person's story when you choose them.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
That's fantastic news.
I suppose I really ought to get around to buying another PS2 so I can play through 4.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Manifest posted:

That's fantastic news.
I suppose I really ought to get around to buying another PS2 so I can play through 4.

Do it! I just bought the game again and it still comes with the soundtrack off Amazon.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Manifest posted:

That's fantastic news.

Do it. Persona 4 is easily as good as Persona 3 if not better (Opinions vary, but everyone agrees they're both great)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Buhbuhj posted:

I might be getting these wrong but:

Nanako is finish story mode with ALL CHARACTERS ON HELL
Teddie is do all of 1 character's challenges.
Fuuka is complete ALL CHARACTER'S CHALLENGES.

I can't remember Mitsuru hers is probably arcade mode and I might be mixing up her and Teddie.

edit: or you can just be lazy like me and purchase them as dlc cause gently caress that poo poo

I unlocked Teddie as a commentator by beating arcade mode with Teddie, so at least that one is wrong.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn this game owns, love everything about it except for Chie's voice. Jesus Christ its bad.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

PonchAxis posted:

Goddamn this game owns, love everything about it except for Chie's voice. Jesus Christ its bad.

No it isn't? I mean it's different but it's definitely not bad (she actually sounds like a high schooler instead of sounding like she's 30)

but oh man Labrys's voice is so hilarious.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Cityinthesea posted:

No it isn't? I mean it's different but it's definitely not bad (she actually sounds like a high schooler instead of sounding like she's 30)

Yeah, I like it when you're actually playing. The voice actor was very enthusiastic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manifest posted:

That's fantastic news.

You don't need a PS2, Persona 4 will play just fine on that PS2 emulator.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Cityinthesea posted:

(she actually sounds like a high schooler instead of sounding like she's 30)

I knew quite a few girls that sounded like chie in highschool. I gotta agree that the new voices aren't as good, but they're also less horrible in game/when you get used to 'em.

DLC glasses is probably the worst thing ever but this game is pretty awesome so it's okay.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 7, 2012

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

I'm glad they kept the Character vs. Character specific dialogues in the game that they introduced in BlazBlue.

Chie vs. Yosuke, performing a simple Chie auto-combo has her saying "Everyday's great... at your... (Godhand Super Startup) JUNES!!" in time with her combo hits.

Great stuff

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Saw the UPS truck leaving my neighborhood on my way home from work, but I guess that was just a cocktease seeing that my mailbox is still barren as gently caress.And now the game's status on Amazon is "Unavailable" :sigh:

Whatever I'll just play one of the 50 mugen versions of this game that have probably been made by now.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Amazon just sent me both my PS3 and 360 versions of this game. Also, holy poo poo the manual is huge and in color!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have never owned a fighting game of any kind before but have always enjoyed playing them every so often with friends or something. Got this today for the Persona sequel and have had an absolute blast with it. It's a very fun game with a simple enough tutorial that I was able to jump right in.

Played some Story Mode and some Arcade before going online. I've enjoyed it, but being a complete newbie I have been getting tossed online. I'll get better though...hopefully...

• Locked thread