Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Another fun thing I've been dealing with:

There's one show that has both a title and a subtitle. The scene uses the subtitle but TVDB does not. As you can imagine, Sickbeard has a bit of trouble with this. I have to manually download the episodes because Sickbeard will never find them. It also won't postprocess them unless I remove the subtitle first. Not Sickbeard's fault, but it's annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

...! posted:

Another fun thing I've been dealing with:

There's one show that has both a title and a subtitle. The scene uses the subtitle but TVDB does not. As you can imagine, Sickbeard has a bit of trouble with this. I have to manually download the episodes because Sickbeard will never find them. It also won't postprocess them unless I remove the subtitle first. Not Sickbeard's fault, but it's annoying.
There's a thread on the Sickbeard bug report forums for scene exceptions.

They'll take care of that.

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop
What is the difference between the CouchPotato and the CouchPotatoServer repositories?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

salted hash browns posted:

What is the difference between the CouchPotato and the CouchPotatoServer repositories?

CouchPotato = Old and busted
CouchPotatoServer = New hotness

There ya go.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Where does Headphones get its artist information from? I typed in an artist that is at least popular enough to have a song on the radio and I got no results.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know this is a little OT, but I still figured this may be the best place to ask about it since this thread is filled with well-informed souls.

Recently (last couple of weeks) I have noted 2 Sunday night Premium tv shows, (one dealing in ridiculous vampires, the other the goings on of a news organization...) do not play right streaming off my Mac's PS3 Media Server to my PS3.

Other shows? Fine. These two? After the opening scene it goes to credits where the music plays HYPER SLOW, so slow in fact that 5 minutes into the actual show, slow theme song music is still playing.

Anyone encountered similar?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Where does Headphones get its artist information from? I typed in an artist that is at least popular enough to have a song on the radio and I got no results.

MusicBrainz.

So search there first, and if not add whoever you're looking for to MusicBrainz and do it right otherwise some goddamn moderator who doesn't speak English very well will try to school you on the proper way to do it even if you have the goddamn CD sitting in front of you and you're typing it all in the boxes verbatim.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Anyone know of a script or collection of scripts that does some or all of the following things (on Macs):

• After SABnzbd downloads the file, sends it to HandbrakeCLI and transcodes it with a (AppleTV2) preset.
• Pulls metadata (either from tvdb/moviedb or just from Sickbeard's XML) and changes the file's metadata to an iTunes-friendly format (presumably using AtomicParsley)
• Moves the tagged file into iTunes' watchfolder.

I basically want my poo poo to automagically appear in my iTunes library (and hence, my AppleTV) with all metadata correct.

If no one else has written such a thing I may give it a go. I'd rather not try to cobble the whole thing together in bash though; can sickbeard or sabnzbd handle .py or .rb post-processing scripts?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

I know this is a little OT, but I still figured this may be the best place to ask about it since this thread is filled with well-informed souls.

Recently (last couple of weeks) I have noted 2 Sunday night Premium tv shows, (one dealing in ridiculous vampires, the other the goings on of a news organization...) do not play right streaming off my Mac's PS3 Media Server to my PS3.

Other shows? Fine. These two? After the opening scene it goes to credits where the music plays HYPER SLOW, so slow in fact that 5 minutes into the actual show, slow theme song music is still playing.

Anyone encountered similar?

If the shows play fine with VLC, then it's probably not the files themselves but something with the transcoding. If they don't, then you'll need to redownload them anyway.

It sounds like a transcoding issue to me, though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

If the shows play fine with VLC, then it's probably not the files themselves but something with the transcoding. If they don't, then you'll need to redownload them anyway.

It sounds like a transcoding issue to me, though.

They do play fine on VLC. It's just an odd issue with only 2 shows. The same shows every week. So weird.

Thanks... :)

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

Lawen posted:

Anyone know of a script or collection of scripts that does some or all of the following things (on Macs):

• After SABnzbd downloads the file, sends it to HandbrakeCLI and transcodes it with a (AppleTV2) preset.
• Pulls metadata (either from tvdb/moviedb or just from Sickbeard's XML) and changes the file's metadata to an iTunes-friendly format (presumably using AtomicParsley)
• Moves the tagged file into iTunes' watchfolder.

I basically want my poo poo to automagically appear in my iTunes library (and hence, my AppleTV) with all metadata correct.

If no one else has written such a thing I may give it a go. I'd rather not try to cobble the whole thing together in bash though; can sickbeard or sabnzbd handle .py or .rb post-processing scripts?

sabnzbd does accept .py files as processing scripts

There is the goon-made Magic Media Marker that will convert your videos using HandBrake. You can set it up to watch a specific folder and then have it automatically add it to iTunes after the encoding is complete.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

They do play fine on VLC. It's just an odd issue with only 2 shows. The same shows every week. So weird.

Thanks... :)

Try grabbing an nzb from a different group. Sickbeard > History will tell you the group that uploaded the nzb, and then just manually grab the same ep from a different one. That'll tell you if it's just something with those series (doubtful) or if it's the way a group is encoding certain shows that is causing PS3MS to freak out (probable, and maybe even fixable).

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

That may be exactly what I need. App Store reviews aren't great but for $7 it's worth a shot before I try DIYing it. Thanks!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I usually hate even acknowledging Feenix's existence, but I will just say this: my PS3 (whether played through PS3 Media Server or copied directly to my PS3) seems to randomly have problems with certain episodes. Sometimes it'll turn the audio into a garbled mess on my PS3 (I've even had it output no audio on a few episodes) but then it'll play fine in VLC. I don't know why this is; I imagine it just hasn't been programmed to deal with something that's been encoded with slightly different settings from the norm. I'm probably wrong. When this happens, I run the offending files through Handbrake and it seems to fix it. I'm sure I'm lowering the video quality by doing this but I'd rather have slightly degraded video than completely unusable audio.

Looks like TVDB is having some issues today. Tried to add a show and Sickbeard's been stuck in its "searching" loop for about ten minutes. Went to the TVDB site and get all kinds of server errors. Fun times.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

...! posted:

I usually hate even acknowledging Feenix's existence.

This is the worst kind of forums bullshit.

Has anyone looked at the comic app that was posted ten or twenty pages ago? I haven't bothered to look at it since I set it up, and it was super alpha at that point.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EC posted:

This is the worst kind of forums bullshit.

You know, you're right. I'm going to keep that to myself from now on. :)

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Telex posted:

MusicBrainz.

So search there first, and if not add whoever you're looking for to MusicBrainz and do it right otherwise some goddamn moderator who doesn't speak English very well will try to school you on the proper way to do it even if you have the goddamn CD sitting in front of you and you're typing it all in the boxes verbatim.

Similarly, what happens if the artist is found, but there are no albums? I can click on the name in Headphones, and it takes me to their page which has albums, but Headphones doesn't show any.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

Similarly, what happens if the artist is found, but there are no albums? I can click on the name in Headphones, and it takes me to their page which has albums, but Headphones doesn't show any.

I just looked and I don't see the import from FreeDB thing any more.

Your best bet is to copy everything you can from their amazon page if whatever you're looking for is for sale through them. Looks like you gotta do it all the hard way, which is sorta better since doing the half-assed FreeDB way sorta sucked.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I got CPS working really nicely, and if nothing were to change, I'd have no complaints. That said, even with (what seems to be) a correct path, it's putting all of the movies in a folder of ( (open Parenthesis)

Despite that not being in my path in settings for where to put things in CPS at all. Did I miss something obvious? Just a bug? I can live with it. Just seems... odd.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
How do you update Couch Potato Server from source with git?

I'm running it on Solaris and the builtin git doesn't like his repository so I'd like to refresh by hand so I can figure out what's going on, but I have no idea how to do that.

E: Also, how can I use CPS to rename the movies I've already got? In Sickbeard I name my TV shows to include the quality, and I'd like to do the same with CPS, but it seems to detect the resolution separately from the source type, and I don't know how to define the source of a file unless CPS downloads it.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 10, 2012

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

FISHMANPET posted:

How do you update Couch Potato Server from source with git?

I'm running it on Solaris and the builtin git doesn't like his repository so I'd like to refresh by hand so I can figure out what's going on, but I have no idea how to do that.

Enter the cps directory and type git pull?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
So I'm trying to add a show in Sickbeard and get this error:

Unable to look up the show in <path> on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.

The first time through there wasn't a directory for the show, so Sickbeard created one and gave me the error. The second time I tried using the 'add existing show' and got the same error (even though there isn't a NFO file in the dir). I've tried deleting the folder and adding it as a new show, but got the same error again. I checked the console and it said to empty the \cache\tvdb folder, but that didn't change anything.

Is this just a TVDB thing? The site looks like it's working correctly, but I know they've had trouble with their API before.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Feenix posted:

I got CPS working really nicely, and if nothing were to change, I'd have no complaints. That said, even with (what seems to be) a correct path, it's putting all of the movies in a folder of ( (open Parenthesis)

Despite that not being in my path in settings for where to put things in CPS at all. Did I miss something obvious? Just a bug? I can live with it. Just seems... odd.

I think I know what the problem is. Under the renaming tab, click the box to show advanced options. There's a field where you can choose what folder CPS will put each movie into. You can fill the field with variables such as Movie Title, Year, Extension, etc. If you have this filled in, CPS will put movies in the directory you specified, then each in their own folder. If you make the field blank, CPS will just dump all movies into the directory you specified (mine is set up this way). It sounds like maybe in that field you have the character " ( ".

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I didn't have enough download left,so I created an nzb and gave it to a friend. He uploaded it onto his linux system and grabbed a bunch of shows for me. Great.

However, one season is broken, and each of the rar parts is between 10MB and 100MB (far too many for pars to fix), for a total of about 20GB.
He has a feeling his linux client didn't try very hard so I would like to put this data into my sabnzbd and let it try and complete, obviously using the existing data to build from.

Is there an easy way to do this to ensure I don't waste that 20GB, bearing in mind sab didn't download it to begin with? Capped monthly downloads means I'd rather not waste it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

EC posted:

So I'm trying to add a show in Sickbeard and get this error:

Unable to look up the show in <path> on TVDB, not using the NFO. Delete .nfo and add manually in the correct language.

The first time through there wasn't a directory for the show, so Sickbeard created one and gave me the error. The second time I tried using the 'add existing show' and got the same error (even though there isn't a NFO file in the dir). I've tried deleting the folder and adding it as a new show, but got the same error again. I checked the console and it said to empty the \cache\tvdb folder, but that didn't change anything.

Is this just a TVDB thing? The site looks like it's working correctly, but I know they've had trouble with their API before.

I'm having the same issue and it's pissing me off. One of my daily shows stopped updating and force updating wasn't working so I deleted it and now I can't add it back. I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the database, and clearing out the tvdb cache folder but nothing is working.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Gotta be a tvdb problem then. :sigh:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Gromit posted:

I didn't have enough download left,so I created an nzb and gave it to a friend. He uploaded it onto his linux system and grabbed a bunch of shows for me. Great.

However, one season is broken, and each of the rar parts is between 10MB and 100MB (far too many for pars to fix), for a total of about 20GB.
He has a feeling his linux client didn't try very hard so I would like to put this data into my sabnzbd and let it try and complete, obviously using the existing data to build from.

Is there an easy way to do this to ensure I don't waste that 20GB, bearing in mind sab didn't download it to begin with? Capped monthly downloads means I'd rather not waste it.
Just to get it in SAB pause SABnzbd, send SABnzbd the same list of files from that season (run the base filename through Binsearch), drop all those broken files into the incomplete directory, set the priority of that download item to "Stop" and I think it should post-process. If it doesn't, select it and delete all the files it was set to download to start post-processing.

With Quickpar, I'd just check how many repair blocks I can get, how many I'm short, see which files are most broken and could get me up the limit if repaired and try to find either a matching set of files on usenet or a matching torrent to get just those pieces from. Then repair from there.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Gromit posted:

Assuming you're on Windows, I'd get this:
http://www.quickpar.org.uk/
Run that on the files you got, and it will tell you what's damaged and how many blocks you need. Pause SABNZBD, load the nzb you gave to your friend, and set the processing to "Download." Then go through the file list and delete the files you don't need to redownload. Put your downloaded files in with the files you got from your friend, and run quick par again and see if you've got enough to do a full repair.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Thanks for info.
Out of the 369 files in the rar set only 2 are complete, so I was hoping to avoid needing to redownload the broken ones and running it all through QuickPar. I have a feeling I'm throwing all this data out though.
I suppose I can't really "resume" the download, as usenet doesn't work that way.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I would say make sure you have all the par files and redownload the files that are really damaged. The pars can repair the files that are missing a couple blocks and you can just get fresh copies of the really bad files.

How many blocks does Quickpar say you're missing vs how many total blocks?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I need 182 more blocks for the first file (consisting of 27 rar segments) out of 289, and there's 12 more files like that.
I'll download the more broken files in each set and rebuild. Hopefully it will still save me from downloading the whole lot again.

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway. I was hoping Sab would have some clever way of doing it, but I'm fine with QuickPar and grabbing bits I need manually.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah, it would be nice if there was some way for SAB to figure out which articles it needs to grab and just grab those.

Fake edit: And you're probably screwed, how many repair blocks are there?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Loads.
It's cool, just thought I'd ask and see if sab had some super clever stuff built into it that I didn't know about.
I'm grabbing some missing pars and will work my way through the most broken files until I get a good repair. Thanks anyway.

edit: \/ No, same server.\/
I just downloaded the most broken files of the first set along with some extra pars and rebuilt it okay. I had to get 2.2GB of the 3.1GB file, so I guess at least my friend saved me almost a gig of traffic. No idea what went wrong with his original download.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 11, 2012

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
If you use a different usenet server than your friend, you can possibly get a different set of complete blocks for any file you download as well. If there are 2 of the same file (with different blocks) with different file names, Quickpar will be able to combine the good parts into a whole file. Just another way to get those blocks.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

EC posted:

Gotta be a tvdb problem then. :sigh:

It's working for me today v:confused:v

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It's working for me today v:confused:v

I'm still getting the same error. I'll try cleaning the cache later and re-trying though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

EC posted:

I'm still getting the same error. I'll try cleaning the cache later and re-trying though.

Well I guess I spoke too soon. It loaded about half the seasons and then gave up. I have a log full of:

2012-08-11 18:58:45.295000 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: TVDB timed out, unable to create the episode

edit: forced update again and it finally finished.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 12, 2012

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
I posted this on the CouchPotatoServer support forum, but they had no idea what this error could be.

I don't suppose one of you Git experts could explain why CPS constantly claims there's an update available and also refuses to update. This is even after deleting CPS and Git and reinstalling using "git clone."

There is no "index.lock" file that I can find.

"Git pull" just says the version is current and that might be right. My settings page says my version is "b7f1d283 (Sun, 01 Jul 2012 09:30:47 GMT)"

Here's the update error I get right after deleting my CPS directory and running "get clone."

code:
08-11 22:04:54 INFO [potato.core._base.updater] Checking for new version on github for CouchPotatoServer
08-11 22:04:54 DEBUG [tato.core._base.scheduler] Starting scheduler
08-11 22:04:54 DEBUG [tato.core._base.scheduler] Scheduler started
08-11 22:05:16 INFO [potato.core._base.updater] Versions, local:b7f1d283, remote:e1d7440b
08-11 22:05:17 DEBUG [potato.core._base.updater] Stashing local changes
08-11 22:05:24 ERROR [potato.core._base.updater] Failed updating via GIT: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\CouchPotatoServer\couchpotato\core\_base\updater\main.py", line 175, in doUpdate
    self.repo.saveStash()
  File "C:\Program Files\CouchPotatoServer\libs\git\repository.py", line 427, in saveStash
    self._executeGitCommandAssertSuccess(command)
  File "C:\Program Files\CouchPotatoServer\libs\git\repository.py", line 85, in _executeGitCommandAssertSuccess
    raise GitCommandFailedException(kwargs.get('cwd', self._getWorkingDirectory()), command, returned)
GitCommandFailedException: GitCommandFailedException: Command 'stash save' failed in C:\Program Files\CouchPotatoServer (1):
fatal: Unable to create 'C:/Program Files/CouchPotatoServer/.git/index.lock': File exists.

If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a
git process crashed in this repository earlier. Make sure no other git
process is running and remove the file manually to continue.
Cannot save the current index state

el_caballo fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 12, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Do you have viewing of hidden files/folders turned on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
Yes. I can see the ".git" folder just fine. I'm also running Git in Admin mode.

EDIT: JUST FIXED IT. I think...

Just as I was typing about running Git as Admin, it gave me an idea: move the CPS directory out of Program Files in case CPS was running into Admin rights problems. I pointed Git at my root directory and did "git clone" and now it works. Now I have "Version e1d7440b (Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:23:44 GMT)" so there was an update after all.

It seems that CPS cannot run in a protected system directory like Program Files, despite the CPS installation instructions for Windows specifically telling you to install in a directory "like Program Files."

Goddamnit.

el_caballo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 12, 2012