Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-208/

I get the feeling Saturday's going to join Cucumber's little entourage, at least for a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Lot of Questions
Feb 16, 2011
Honestly with the reveal that the Knight's in a cycle, I'm starting to think Cucumber might legitimately be the hero.I mean Almond is more adventurous, yes, but generations of adventurers haven't solved the problem,and Almond probably doesn't even want to. Cucumber, on the other, is sensible and might actually stop the Nightmare Knight, like when he wanted to get rid of the stones back at the castle. So maybe less about subverting gender expectations, more playing with what traits are actually heroic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lance Streetman posted:

I get the feeling Saturday's going to join Cucumber's little entourage, at least for a little while.

I wouldn't mind that, because I really like Saturday. Besides, the comic's been lacking in charming Southernisms, y'all.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Every party needs a thief, after all. Plus, I want to see how many more antiquated Southernisms Gigi can cram in per strip.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

A Lot of Questions posted:

Honestly with the reveal that the Knight's in a cycle, I'm starting to think Cucumber might legitimately be the hero.I mean Almond is more adventurous, yes, but generations of adventurers haven't solved the problem,and Almond probably doesn't even want to. Cucumber, on the other, is sensible and might actually stop the Nightmare Knight, like when he wanted to get rid of the stones back at the castle. So maybe less about subverting gender expectations, more playing with what traits are actually heroic.

It's why I think Cucumber is the hero. Especially after the cycle reveal. Almond is the type you want there when a fire starts, because she'll put it out.

Cucumber is the guy that would suggest that you maybe don't keep your gunpowder next to the fireplace.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

New page

Yessssss Southernisms.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Well that joke sure did set itself up very nicely

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Weapons in the Doughnut Kingdom are baller as gently caress evidently.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

This just showed up on Gigi's tumblr:

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I love how Nightmare Knight is made up of negative space/shadows. In that picture it's especially cool.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

That sure is a convenient weapon to bring to that particular place.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

That sure is a convenient weapon to bring to that particular place.

...oh, hell, how did I not think of the obvious joke that will happen.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lance Streetman posted:

This just showed up on Gigi's tumblr:

Holy hell yes. Am I the only one who thinks the horns on NK's helm are actually his bunny ears? Because of course, NK will be a bunnyperson. What else would he be?

nerdbot posted:

...oh, hell, how did I not think of the obvious joke that will happen.

Aww, I don't wanna see her leave already.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

New page

Yessssss Southernisms.

They live in Dreamland, apparently. I'm expecting a pink puffball to show up at some point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-210/

That was eas--wait, no. No.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Do you think the lake is picky about what kind of shooting stars it reflects? The bullets from that gun should count as shooting stars.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Lance Streetman posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-208/

I'm still trying to decide whether Princess Nautillus is going to be a permanent party member or not. I hope she is, she's got a nice interplay going with Cucumber

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

KingKalamari posted:

I'm still trying to decide whether Princess Nautillus is going to be a permanent party member or not. I hope she is, she's got a nice interplay going with Cucumber

I'm predicting she'll be a love interest.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

(http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/10344466698/)

She's with the rest of the gang here, just using her never-before-seen-but-totally-canon shadow powers. I think she will stick around!

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm predicting she'll be a love interest.

The only love interest thing that will happen is that someone will meet someone and blush, and nothing will come of it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

nerdbot posted:

(http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/10344466698/)

She's with the rest of the gang here, just using her never-before-seen-but-totally-canon shadow powers. I think she will stick around!

Man I hope those aren't the only party members because Mario RPG/Super Paper Mario always had a weirder cast.
(crabbro for overpowered final teammate)

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Have we ever seen Liquus fight before? I swear he's an electric eel or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pastrymancy posted:

Have we ever seen Liquus fight before? I swear he's an electric eel or something.

Pretty sure it was used when she was first introduced; also hi Cucumber Quest thread! Been following it sense day 1 so glad to see that I'm not one of the only ones who has a interest in this gorgeous comic.

The colors are just so good, it's mind blowing to me that the updates are this frequent with art THIS good. My only worry is it developing a crazy fanbase at some point like a certain other comic I used to follow :v:

Edit: Whoop was wrong; here it is http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-158/

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 8, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jazu posted:

The only love interest thing that will happen is that someone will meet someone and blush, and nothing will come of it.

What, you mean there's no unrequited love from Sir Tomato towards Princess Parfait or Dame Lettuce towards Sir Tomato or a possibly requited one between Sir Carrot and Princess Parfait?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Pretty sure it was used when she was first introduced; also hi Cucumber Quest thread! Been following it sense day 1 so glad to see that I'm not one of the only ones who has a interest in this gorgeous comic.

The colors are just so good, it's mind blowing to me that the updates are this frequent with art THIS good. My only worry is it developing a crazy fanbase at some point like a certain other comic I used to follow :v:

Edit: Whoop was wrong; here it is http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-158/

Haha, I knew I wasn't imagining things!

I guess Liquus is going to go all Pikachu next panel. That or Saturday pulls a "don't move or the Eel gets it!" :mad:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jazu posted:

That sounds about right, given that our two male leads are Cucumber and Sir Carrot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-211/

If that's not Southern, I don't know what is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh Cucumber, you were getting so close to displaying some sort of competence/bravery. Hang in there, buddy :unsmith:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-211/

If that's not South-Western, I don't know what is.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
It's been a fair chunk of time since I've read the earlier comics, but why exactly was Cucumber's dad imprisoned in the first place? Because he worked at the castle? If that's the only reason, I'm surprised that he didn't just sell himself out. Y'know, with his whole motto being "Getting Paid" and all that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

A Dapper Walrus posted:

It's been a fair chunk of time since I've read the earlier comics, but why exactly was Cucumber's dad imprisoned in the first place? Because he worked at the castle? If that's the only reason, I'm surprised that he didn't just sell himself out. Y'know, with his whole motto being "Getting Paid" and all that.
I hope this page answers your questions:
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-35/

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The ultimate plot twist is that Cabbage never really worked for the Caketown Royal Family in the first place, he's just sorta nuts

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-212/

What

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Exactly what I thought.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Cosmo's got an entry on the character page for a reason.

This would be the time.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

So Saturday just got hit while carrying both Nautilus and Cucumber's weapons. How are they going to fight the aliens now? :ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Cosmo's got an entry on the character page for a reason.

This would be the time.

Cosmo's either going to be the reoccurring, slightly creepy inventor character a la Orange Kid or a servant of the Nightmare Knight/one of the Disaster Masters.

Granted, I'm basing that latter possibility solely on the fact that the star pattern on his clothes looks a lot like the Knight's own body.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-213/

It's not gonna be Cosmo, is it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The books are looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

"Sorry, I know your bones are probably broken and you're probably bleeding internally but...I'm just gonna..take our stuff back..."

Not that I think CQ would ever be that violent, it just made me giggle that Cuc's first action was to go grab their poo poo before Saturday comes to and shoots at them some more. :allears: