Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

kronix posted:

Sorry I let my native New Yorker out...

Also, where the hell did the Boston area goons go? What's up with all these meetings in the woods. Whatever happened to meeting up somewhere in Brighton or Somerville or some poo poo like that.

the last event was "lets blow poo poo up and melt things in catastrophic manners and have a campfire and get hammered", so out in the woods was a better place. Location doesn't matter to me, again, we can crater my lawn (what remains of it) again or meet somewhere else, anything goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

the last event was "lets blow poo poo up and melt things in catastrophic manners and have a campfire and get hammered", so out in the woods was a better place.

I was hoping for a repeat since I missed the first one.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

commissargribb posted:

I was hoping for a repeat since I missed the first one.

Well, you certainly won't be disappointed.

Let's try this again, how about the 15th - 16th? :getin:

Billy Tully posted:

I cant do the 8th either but the rest of September looks ok. I can host it here at my place if need be. I have plenty of places to park/camp and garage space for 3-4 cars for wrenchin'.

This is an excellent alternative option.

kronix posted:

Sorry I let my native New Yorker out...

Also, where the hell did the Boston area goons go? What's up with all these meetings in the woods. Whatever happened to meeting up somewhere in Brighton or Somerville or some poo poo like that.

Is an hour South really that far to drive?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Just FYI to all the NE dudes, there's a bunch of events going on at NHMS, weekend after this one

http://www.nhms.com/schedule/

My shop will be running a CB350 in some of the USCRA races. The multi-events like this one with the vintage cars and the racing are usually lots of fun to hang out at.

We should also do this, vintage racing kicks rear end. They don't allow tent camping at the track but we could look for a place to stay near there.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...
The Red Roof Inn that's a few miles south is where I stay if I'm doing an event that doesn't have camping on the infield. If you're military there's a discount too.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

ACEofsnett posted:

I drive 3 hours south. No sympathy here.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
the 15/16 weekend doesn't work for me.
The 8/9 weekend might be a squeeze, but I could probably make it.
The rest of sept is glorious.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Final call : Does the 29th to 30th of September work for everyone?

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 7, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Works for me.

Again, I'm fine with anywhere. We can make more charred holes in my lawn, or I'll drive anywhere within about two hours. If someone wants it to be close to Boston or further north or west, find a place to host it and let's go!

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I'd be in to meet up again. At the moment, I don't think I have any set plans all September, although I rarely make plans that far out so this is not surprising.

Provided I can make it on whatever weekend / location is decided, I can bring more Yuengling :v:

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Sounds good to me!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

29-30 is on my calendar.

I will be bringing coffee brandy to spit through flames!!!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yeah AFAIK that weekend is ok for me

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Eh, I'll be surveying Eastern Passage in Maine. Enjoy the festivities!

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 8, 2012

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

ACEofsnett posted:

Well, you certainly won't be disappointed.

Let's try this again, how about the 15th - 16th? :getin:

This is an excellent alternative option.

Not really I'm just lazy and looking for some local car guys

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Whoops, I've been neglecting this thread while catching up on stuff the last couple weeks after vacation.

If you haven't settled on a place yet, I can still offer up the hackerspace if you guys are interested.

Just got the lift re-certified for this year, and we've dialed in the plasma CNC pretty well now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJby075mUQ

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Hillridge posted:

Whoops, I've been neglecting this thread while catching up on stuff the last couple weeks after vacation.

If you haven't settled on a place yet, I can still offer up the hackerspace if you guys are interested.

Just got the lift re-certified for this year, and we've dialed in the plasma CNC pretty well now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJby075mUQ

What are you using to powder coat with? I really want to get one

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

A decision has been made. The 29th to 30th of September in Broadbrook, Connecticut, at Billy_Tully / Pipkin's place. How he goes about disseminating the address is up to him, however.

I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone we are on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/140031832792118/ and irc @ irc.synirc.net #newenglandai.

Edit :

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 9, 2012

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

WOOOOOOOO NEAI#2

Also, I'm going to be in Waltham saturday morning getting stuff at a junkyard!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

Poing posted:

The Red Roof Inn that's a few miles south is where I stay if I'm doing an event that doesn't have camping on the infield. If you're military there's a discount too.

I think that's the one I stayed in when an ice storm knocked my power out for over a week. Close enough to shopping in Concord and cheap :)

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

http://www.hulu.com/watch/389801

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

The deep deep south of the far far north.

And people seriously dont believe me when I tell them we have rednecks in Maine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This is just awesome.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ACEofsnett posted:

A decision has been made. The 29th to 30th of September in Broadbrook, Connecticut, at Billy_Tully / Pipkin's place. How he goes about disseminating the address is up to him, however.

This is way closer to me than the last one and I'm off that weekend. Is this place more accessible than the last? None of my vehicles have the ground clearance for rutted dirt roads.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Snowdens Secret posted:

This is way closer to me than the last one and I'm off that weekend. Is this place more accessible than the last? None of my vehicles have the ground clearance for rutted dirt roads.

My stock mazda protege easily makes it in and out of Kastein's driveway. Just saying.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

This one's going to be at Billy Tully's place - no problem getting there at all, it's sportscar/lowered vehicle safe.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!

daslog posted:

What are you using to powder coat with? I really want to get one

It's a Eastwood Hotcoat Powdercoat gun I got directly from them, off ebay, for $70. Works awesome. I also highly recommend getting a set of silicone plugs/caps.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

WHOS READY FOR NEAI2

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'll buy another bottle

the full 1.75L this time :getin:

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

I'll buy another bottle

If he's going to keep up his tradition of puking in his own Volkswagen and I'm going to keep up MY tradition of puking on someone elses jeep.. He will be puking in his Scirocco and I'll be puking on your MJ.

Maybe you should leave the good Doctor at home.

thArf
Oct 9, 2009
I cordially invite all of you to our dyno open house on Sept 16th. Imports, domestics, street and race all will be in attendance.

Full details:

Sept 16th @ 12 Beverly Drive Sterling, MA 01564 from 10AM to 4PM

Enhanced Street Performance 10th Anniversary Benefit Open House Sunday, September 16*, 10am - 4pm. (Raindate September 23rd)

Join ESP as we help American Family Link, a non-profit Support Our Troops group through the Leominster Veterans’ Center. American Family Link welcomes service men and women home, and sends packages to the troops serving overseas.

The day will include:
-Free dyno pull give-aways all day!

-Lots of shop talk with the ESP staff

-Showcase of ESP-built cars

-Plenty of food and drink

-Kids activities and more

-Amazing raffles including gift certificates and products from our great suppliers and partners including: Advance Auto Parts, B & B Exhaust, Bulletproof Diesel, Stainless Works, Edelbrock, Forge, KillerB Motorsports, Interstate Battery, Sinister Diesel, and many more!

-All the promotional merchandise you could ever want from your favorite manufacturers

-Opportunities to get tuning info from the areas best tuners including Bren Tuning and MJ Engineering

-A 50/50 raffle

-A few surprises from ESP!

So, come down and support a great cause (and hopefully win some good prizes).

Keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out more about event details, new raffle items, and rain date information. New raffle items are coming in everyday.

*Rain date Sunday, September 23rd

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO

kastein posted:

I'll buy another bottle

Just gonna chime in and say that you should just get Rumple Minze if you're going to go down that road...

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

TheFrailNinja posted:

Just gonna chime in and say that you should just get Rumple Minze if you're going to go down that road...

Bring some along, and maybe we will take that road...

thechdster
Jun 17, 2005
I saw this auction posted in on of the CA threads and thought it might be of interest to some people here.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=TB12

The relevant car stuff starts to show up on page 30~ and goes to the end. Some really cool and rare stuff.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
I thought this might be a good place to mention that I help host a car show in West Haven, CT for my university. It is September 29nd. I'd love to see some of you guys there if you can make it.

http://www.unhasme.com/3rd-annual-asme-car-show-fall/

Think of it as a less dangerous way to potentially meet goons.

rcman50166 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 15, 2012

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The flyer says 29th?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Just so everyone's clear on this - the next shindig is at Billy Tully's place down in CT. Not sure if or how he's given the address out yet, I'll leave that up to him, just figure it'd be cool if I make this clear so people don't start showing up at my place instead and find me already gone.

I'd love to go to that car show but it's wayyyyy out of my way, and I am pretty sure I'm already booked for that weekend :(

On that note there's a chance I'll be at the BassPro car show this coming Thursday in front of Bass Pro Shops at Foxboro stadium. If you're there and you see a battered muddy white MJ next to a red E30, drop by and make goony comments or something.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

kimbo305 posted:

The flyer says 29th?

Oh whoops! I made the original flyer and it said the 22nd. Yeah it's the 29th.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

kastein posted:

Just so everyone's clear on this - the next shindig is at Billy Tully's place down in CT. Not sure if or how he's given the address out yet, I'll leave that up to him, just figure it'd be cool if I make this clear so people don't start showing up at my place instead and find me already gone.

I'd love to go to that car show but it's wayyyyy out of my way, and I am pretty sure I'm already booked for that weekend :(

On that note there's a chance I'll be at the BassPro car show this coming Thursday in front of Bass Pro Shops at Foxboro stadium. If you're there and you see a battered muddy white MJ next to a red E30, drop by and make goony comments or something.

I'll probably come up since this is right up the street from my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be bringing yuengling and my sassy new york state of mind.

• Locked thread