Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Flameingblack posted:

DDT, one of the larger independent promotions in Japan has drawn around 9,000 people at Sumo Hall. They're pulling roughly the same numbers that NOAH draws at Sumo Hall (And recently beating them in certain occasions). I have no idea how much Dragon Gate pulls for Sumo Hall, and I'm sure NJPW could easily sell it out if they were there more often.

Dragon Gate only ran it in 2009 & 2010 for their Gate of Anniversary PPV. I can't find the 2009 number but the 2010 number was 10500. That was the end of the Doi reign, which was a low point. I think NOAH got 5000 on their last show.

The last show that I remember doing really mid four digits was the retirement show that Shida won the Ice Ribbon championship. I don't expect it paid to top it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWN Live presents Shine 2 posted:

SHINE Wrestling
SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 2
August 17, 2012
8 PM Bell Time
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Price Options:
$9.99 live showing only
$14.99 live showing and unlimited onDemand access
$24.99 live showing, unlimited On Demand access, and DVD

Daffney – Live Event Hostess

Main Event
Mercedes Martinez vs. Jazz

Rain vs. Santana

Made In Sin (Taylor Made & Allysin Kay) vs. MSEERIE (MsChif & Christina Von Eerie)

Sassie Stephie vs. Mia Yim

Jessicka Havok vs. Reby Sky

Portia Perez vs. Leva Bates

Sojo Bolt vs. Taeler Hendrix vs. Heidi Lovelace

Kimberly vs. Su Yung

Reby Sky gonna die.

Mercedes Martinez vs. Jazz is gonna be a dogfight

Mia Yim is gonna die.

RIP Leva Bates, but you gonna die too.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Sojo Bolt... why does she still wrestle? She was one of the worst.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Sojo Bolt... why does she still wrestle? She was one of the worst.

She made Rhaka Khan look good?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

http://www.bedofnailz.com/blow.html

Lol, Now we know why Winter left TNA.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Any pseudo successor to WEW, I'll support. B.L.O.W. looks like it could fit that niche.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

coconono posted:

Wow, I'm just on pins and needles for the August 16th BLOW officials reveal!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

Oh god they have Ashley Massaro :frogsiren:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Thanks to Coco (And IVP Videos) I've got a lot of some more obscure shows. I'm not going to upload full shows, but I'm going to be putting up some more rare matches.

The first upload, is a match in which Megumi Kudo takes on her late-career rival Shark Tsuchiya. This isn't a death match, but the catch is that Megumi is channeling the Great Muta, coming to the ring in similar gear & facepaint and using a lot of his signature spots. It's kind of rare to see Kudo in a regular one-on-one singles match, since she's most well known for the barbed wire deathmatches she competed in throughout her career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3egvziijCU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and here's Megumi Kudo getting set on fire.
http://youtu.be/c7-hUtHeL2E

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

and here's Megumi Kudo getting set on fire.
http://youtu.be/c7-hUtHeL2E
Yeah, she got burned pretty badly in that spot. Like many things in FMW, it caused Hayabusa and Onita to start crying.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Uhhhh. So this might happen:

And she's feuding with Leatherface right now.

:stare:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 10, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Who thought introducing Kana to barbed wire would be a good idea? :stonk:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
That wacky BLOW promotion signed Jillian Hall to their roster, and the "special invited guest", according to their website, is the dude who made Wrestlicious. This is a silly promotion.

Oh, and Shine 2 is tonight on iPPV at WWNLive.com, if you're in the mood for some cheap rasslin.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I've just finished reading 'The Queen Of The Ring' by Jeff Leen, all about Mildred Burke, really is great I recommend it!

I wish more people knew of Mildred Burke. Moolah gets all the credit for being the best, mainly because she aligned herself with the McMahons, but Mildred was the first. She inspired people like Moolah and Johnnie Mae Young to get into the ring. She was tough as they come and a pioneer in such a male dominated sport.

Considering the views on women in general back in the 40’s/50’s, it’s amazing she got anywhere in wrestling, such a macho environment! What a badass lady!:)

She could teach Flair a thing or two about stylin and profilin'

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
She's also responsible for AJW, essentially, because it was born out a bunch of groups that sprung up (and died fairly quickly) after Burke and her WWWA promotion toured Japan and started an interest in women's wrestling. The Big Red Belt AJW had originally came from Burke's WWWA promotion as well (I don't think the tag belts did though, they just used the name).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hello Shine 2 PPV. Oh you want some money? Ok!

http://www.wwnlive.com/event-shine-8-17-12.html

for those of you that hate clicking links posted:

SHINE Wrestling
SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 2
August 17, 2012
8 PM Bell Time
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Price Options:
$9.99 live showing only
$14.99 live showing and unlimited onDemand access
$24.99 live showing, unlimited On Demand access, and DVD

Daffney – Live Event Hostess

Main Event
Mercedes Martinez vs. Jazz

Rain vs. Santana

Made In Sin (Taylor Made & Allysin Kay) vs. MSEERIE (MsChif & Christina Von Eerie)

Sassie Stephie vs. Mia Yim

Jessicka Havok vs. Reby Sky

Portia Perez vs. Leva Bates

Sojo Bolt vs. Taeler Hendrix vs. Heidi Lovelace

Kimberly vs. Su Yung

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How is stream quality usually?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also, we gonna game day this here, or are you and DMPunk just going to tickle fight on Twitter again?

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Suben posted:

She's also responsible for AJW, essentially, because it was born out a bunch of groups that sprung up (and died fairly quickly) after Burke and her WWWA promotion toured Japan and started an interest in women's wrestling. The Big Red Belt AJW had originally came from Burke's WWWA promotion as well (I don't think the tag belts did though, they just used the name).

Yup! She was pretty awesome all round :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

How is stream quality usually?

Evolve or DGUSA quality.

and I can actually see DM Punk in the loving crowd.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
main event for Shine 2 was great. Jazz just looks like a brutal physical specimin & I could watch her brawl for hours.

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 18, 2012

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Hikaru Shida's on an indefinite hiatus to get ready for her college entrance exams.

Also Bolshoi and Arisa Nakajima are the new JWP/Daily Sports tag champs. I'm hoping the Korakuen show actually gets aired on Samurai since it would be nice to see that match and the Haruyama/Kagetsu match.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Entrance exams at 24? That seems like it'd be uncommon in Japan.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Wait why did I say Hikaru Shida? I meant Hikari Minami.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mio Shirai seems to be getting a new DVD in the exact same vein as her BFF Kana. Shirai was tweeting some pictures from the DVD. I have no idea when it's coming out.

All I've got to say about the cover is: GOD drat!
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/9tfVF.jpg

I never watched the Kana DVD. Everyone who did said it was a massive letdown. I'm not really into the sex appeal side of Joshi or anything but good lord, Shirai.

The DVD comes out September 28th. It says it includes "Semi-nudity"
It's priced at 3,990 yen which is $50.00 US before shipping & taxes

Matches:
vs Kotobuki
vs Takuya Kito (Barbed Wire Bat match - SMASH)
vs Tigers Mask

And three matches of Mio's choice.

(Who cares about this, someone buy that DVD)

http://ameblo.jp/shirai-s/entry-11335732795.html

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 23, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if I could get Kana's and Mio's DVDs on the cheap, I would be on it. Japan is dumb with their exports.

coconono fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 23, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

if I could get Kana's and Mio's DVDs on the cheap, I would be on it. Japan is dumb with their exports.
DVDs also cost outrageous amounts more than they do in America because of various reasons. Niche markets in Japan mean that the cost of a DVD will go up to flatten sales:profit ratio and they just generally spend much more on things than we do in America.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flameingblack posted:

DVDs also cost outrageous amounts more than they do in America because of various reasons. Niche markets in Japan mean that the cost of a DVD will go up to flatten sales:profit ratio and they just generally spend much more on things than we do in America.
That's something they COULD do something about but there's an awful lot of people set in their ways who refuse to do so.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Perigryn posted:

That's something they COULD do something about but there's an awful lot of people set in their ways who refuse to do so.
A lot of Japanese industries/companies also really hate dealing with foreigners too, through either old tradition or just inconvenience. For example, NJPW deciding to create an iPPV, then closing it off to foreigners, who probably would have bumped their buy-rates up to double what they ended up with.

There's a lot of reasons why it's so rough to get Japanese DVDs, Puro, ect but that's for another topic.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From Daffney's facebook

quote:

Monday night I was in a car accident. I was driving along I-4 and I hydroplaned at 70 mph, went off the road, and my car flipped. I landed upside-down in 3 feet of water. I was able to climb out of the passenger side and waded to safety. Luckily someone saw and stopped to help. It took 2 1/2 hours to tow my car out as it was wedged deep in the ditch in the woods.

Thank God I had my seatbelt on. If I hadn't I'm sure my injuries would have been much worse...if not fatal. I want to emphasize to all my Daffanatics to please remember to buckle up.

I cannot explain the feeling I had when I realized what had happened. When I saw my totaled car the next day at the junkyard it really hit me. I'm so grateful to be alive. Now, I'm just trying to pick up the pieces and get things back to normal.

I lost a lot of things that night. As I landed in so much water - my phone, ipod, video camera (with all the bonus footage for Shine 2), some clothing , and some other things were destroyed. They are all material objects and can be replaced, however it is going to cost a pretty penny.

I will be auctioning off quite a few items in the near future to try and make up for this loss, so please check out ebay in case you see something you like and want to bid.

Thanks for letting me share this unfortunate incident with you guys, and thanks in advance for the love and support.
Thank goodness she's safe.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Perigryn posted:

From Daffney's facebook

Thank goodness she's safe.

Jesus Christ, poor Daffney :ohdear:

At least she's safe, thankfully. Poor gal just can't catch a good break. :(

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

I remember being pretty excited when those two JWP 20th anniversary DVDs came out (one for the '90s, one for the 2000s)... but it's like $120 (and that's not counting shipping) for both of them.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Speaking of Japanese companies and their inability to think beyond Japan...

I guess the reason joshi stuff hasn't been airing on Samurai at all this year is because companies were sick of their shows popping up on youtube. Apparently Emi said some time back that basically if it shows up on Samurai it shows up online and then people never have a reason to buy DVDs so keeping their shows OFF TV is a conscious choice to make people HAVE to buy DVDs.

Of course if this stuff wasn't available online globally it makes it harder to ever reach an audience beyond the increasingly shrinking one you have. If Ice Ribbon stuff wasn't available online to get people into the promotion do you think there ever would've been any interest in the EVE vs. Ice Ribbon thing or bringing in IR wrestlers to Chikara? Or even what minimal interest there was in Joshimania? People outside Japan aren't going to want to pay $50+ so they can watch some comp DVDs or watch DVDs of your house shows or a Korakuen show that might only have one match worth a poo poo on it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That explains why I tweeted NJPW about their iPPV and they never answered me. I even offered them money.

Japanese business has never been very forward thinking.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Can't they post their own stuff on YouTube with ads and get some dollars AND yen?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's good that she made it out alright but as long as she's not one of the few wrestleladies that DMPunk doesn't like I have a feeling her stuff will be replaced very quickly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hirams Bitch posted:

Can't they post their own stuff on YouTube with ads and get some dollars AND yen?

Hey man, does that put Qrios on my desk? gently caress that. Yankee pigs drop them $50s!

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Veda Scott put this up on her Facebook.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I put it in the Indy thread since Archie isn't a lady and Veda is still a rookie :v:

Saw a Veda match in SHIMMER. She's still a rookie so I can't say anything about her ability but she's got some enthusiasm, and when you're a red head wearing glasses I guess it doesn't take much to be over as gently caress.

• Locked thread