Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

midge posted:

Pick the level you want as a reward and add on extra.

So, for example I wanted Vampire Package($100) + Carry Case ($25) + The large Dragon ($10) + The two dragons ($15). So my total pledge is $150 with Vampire selected as reward.

When it's finished they will send a survey basically saying "So you have $50 left over, what do you want to use it on?".

^^^ Can you add additional stuff later? Like if I pledge $100 now, can I come back next week and say "Welp, I'd better get a case now" and add it to my existing pledge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am pretty sure that you can go in and edit your pledge at any time until the close of the Kickstarter. But I've never actually tried it!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Guess what came in the mail today? This might be ambitious for my first ever painting experience.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Kruller posted:

Guess what came in the mail today? This might be ambitious for my first ever painting experience.

I think it's easier to start with something like this than wargaming miniatures, at least you won't agonize over how badly you messed up your color scheme on your first miniatures. If you change skintones/clothes etc. you can just say they're in different states of decomposing/different phases of the infection. Also there're tons of them and they're cheap so lots of practice.

Edit:
vvvvvv They emailed me a tracking number this afternoon, but mine won't be here until tomorrow. :(

M. Night Skymall fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 10, 2012

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Kruller posted:

Man now I want to run home and see if mine showed up yet.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Kruller posted:

I almost got into this one, until I realized that I don't have anyone to play with... :(

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

berzerkmonkey posted:

I almost got into this one, until I realized that I don't have anyone to play with... :(

You can actually play Zombicide solo, as sad as that sounds.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I have two sets and extra's coming, but because I am waiting on T-shirts I don't need, my game is delayed.

Goddamnit, I want my zombies! Need them for my Bioshock themed Nurgle force I am working on.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

The Dark Project posted:

I have two sets and extra's coming, but because I am waiting on T-shirts I don't need, my game is delayed.

Goddamnit, I want my zombies! Need them for my Bioshock themed Nurgle force I am working on.

I was told the shirts would be sent separately when they are ready and wouldn't hold up the rest of the orders.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Are all those Zombies 25-28mm scale?

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

Kruller posted:

Argh, mine is still out for delivery.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

UnintelligibleSmurf posted:

They changed the image on the front page to include the extras to date. It's 106 minis for $100, including the recently added four transparent fire elementals.

This is completely crazy and I reckon Bones is the best thing to happen to this hobby in ages. I'm definitely going to pick up this deal! The $15 dungeon lot version is also awesome, it's got something like 30 figures in it. The $100 vampire level makes me want to construct + model an entire new Heroquest board or something equally ridiculous!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Supreme Court posted:

This is completely crazy and I reckon Bones is the best thing to happen to this hobby in ages. I'm definitely going to pick up this deal! The $15 dungeon lot version is also awesome, it's got something like 30 figures in it. The $100 vampire level makes me want to construct + model an entire new Heroquest board or something equally ridiculous!
Never mind Heroquest - GW needs to come on and do a Kickstarter for Warhammer Quest. "You nerds want your game? Fine. Pay up." I'd sign up in an instant.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Ashcans posted:

I am pretty sure that you can go in and edit your pledge at any time until the close of the Kickstarter. But I've never actually tried it!

I've done it, you can change your donation/reward tier as long as the kickstarter is open. I did have a problem where, because I'm an idiot, I tried to change rewards before I changed the donation, which is obviously problematic, but other than that it works as expected.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

Dominion posted:

I was told the shirts would be sent separately when they are ready and wouldn't hold up the rest of the orders.

Not for those of us overseas :(

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important
edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and changed it later in their pledge manager.

CrotchPheasant fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 10, 2012

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I can't believe how much I love my airbrush. I may have to spoon it in bed. In addition I love the new plastic demon models.

Got any C&C then hit me with it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

I can't believe how much I love my airbrush. I may have to spoon it in bed. In addition I love the new plastic demon models.

Make sure you paint the eyes to look like they're having the time of their freaking lives.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Dominion posted:

You can actually play Zombicide solo, as sad as that sounds.

Sad it may be but sometimes us nerds just gotta get our kicks however we can v:)v

*skulks off to play death angel solo*

:(

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any tips guys on how to deal with this:

Basically, cutting between those. Would a modelling knife be enough to do it do you think? I think cutters would destroy those drat feet.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Basically, cutting between those. Would a modelling knife be enough to do it do you think? I think cutters would destroy those drat feet.

I ended up leaving a little chunk of tab attached underneath each foot and used that as the pin to attach her to the base. Which involved very carefully laying out the planks on my bases. Goddamn tiny showgirl feet! :argh:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've accepted it that I will have to use liquid green stuff to cover up any fucks up with these to get them on the bases I'm using for them. They're so daunting to work on.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Flipswitch posted:

Keyhole sawblade for an xacto knife should get you what you are after. Alternately, flush-bit clippers if they are thin enough would work as well.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Sole.Sushi posted:

Keyhole sawblade for an xacto knife should get you what you are after. Alternately, flush-bit clippers if they are thin enough would work as well.

This. A modeling saw would also work. Flush clippers will work but they may wind up pushing the feet apart (you can bend them back).

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Flipswitch posted:

Buy a jeweler's/fret saw and all of your future mini cutting problems will vanish.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Never mind Heroquest - GW needs to come on and do a Kickstarter for Warhammer Quest. "You nerds want your game? Fine. Pay up." I'd sign up in an instant.

GW gets no support from me. Once I worked out there was an 80% "gently caress australia" tax it's pretty hard to justify buying things from them

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I did some painting.

5 man loyalist World Eaters, in mark II armour. I have another five to do.

Mortis Contemptor for fire support. The arms are magnetized to switch out for different weapons. I have a second one that will be getting kitted out for CQB.

The whole family!!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Pilgrimski posted:

Forgive the paint-art, but you did ask for a tutorial and underneath the simplistic appearance there are a few serious points.

Easiest way to get magnets into the hole is in a stack (especially for small ones).
Easiest way to get the stack of magnets off is to slide. If you pull, chances are the one in the hole will come out too.

Be VERY careful about polarity, it's easy to get part way through a big project and find that you have gotten some tiny magnets the wrong way around so that only your left arms stick or whatever.

I've never tried a dremel type thing, I use a simple pin drill, more or less exactly like you linked. Make sure you get the right size bit though. Even if you don't in the pack, they are easy (and cheap enough to get from a hardware store.

I use eBay for magnets, there are loads of places to get Neodymium magnets cheap.
(http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=neodymium&_sacat=0&_odkw=neomidium&_osacat=0)

Size wise, I have found 2mm diameter, 1mm deep magnets fine for smaller things. I used a pair in each of these for my vultures for example:

This is a few pages back, but I'm quoting this in its entirety because it's the first time I read a magnet guide and thought "I could do that" and then I could did that.

One thing I'd add is that it's much easier to magnetize bases before they're painted and finished. Sheesh.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Jesus christ I need to get an airbrush.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Kinetica posted:

loving seconded.

On another note - crossposting from the warhams thread (I did not know there's a painting threat I'm dumb).

First batch of dudes is finally completed!
Painted, based, grassed up. Only thing missing is a clearcoat for protection - waiting for more to bulk-spray.

C&C greatly welcomed at this point!

I'm proud of these dudes, especially so considering how fuckin' far I've come since my last attempt at painting these things some 8 years ago (loving hideous).

For anyone curious about the basing - as mentioned before (in the other thread), I used high-grit tile-grout, mixed with a generous blend of dark grey paint and extra chunky grit (something like really rough sand).
It's a bit of a bitch to work with, as it comes in fat globs that you have to smear and spread - I use a little metal spatula clayshaping tool - but the end result is incredibly sturdy, it gloms onto whatever you stick into it (like the little chunks of rock - which used to be pure white), and drybrushes beautifully! Best is, if it chips off, there's just more dark grey 'gravel' waiting underneath it. Self healing base material!
To really secure the rock-chunks, I added a little dab of 'Hobby Glue' (superglue, any type that dries clear) at the bases of the rocks in inconspicuous locations.
The grass is plain old static-grass, sprinkled onto painted-on school-glue and flicked/blown clear as is usual.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Saddest Robot posted:

I started weathering/rusting/battledamaging my devilfish. I may have overdone it.

Sorry for doubleposting but I have to ask:

How?
This looks amazing. Maybe overdone (But like others, I picture this as an Ork scrap recovery project) - but still amazing.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Kinetica posted:

You'll kick yourself when you try one out, seriously. They're Easy Mode painting.

I've got a few Chaos Spawn to paint and I planned on using my airbrush as much as possible on them, I hope they turn out half as good as Lethemonster's demons.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Z the IVth posted:

Did more work on my 15mm dropship:

A few pages back, I know, but are you making this for sale? I'd totally want a few and paint one like Saddest Robot's Devilfish.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Sorry for doubleposting but I have to ask:

How?
This looks amazing. Maybe overdone (But like others, I picture this as an Ork scrap recovery project) - but still amazing.

I got some vallejo pigments with isopropyl alcohol. It was my first attempt at playing around with them, it's pretty fun.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Could I get a little input on these logs, as in which one looks more realistic and works the best with the basing? Cheers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The left one, as it has more definition. I think it suits the style for the base.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Fearless posted:

I did some painting.

Blood effects are normally pretty stupid looking but your's turned out great. Iron armor is already stark and brutal looking, having blood spattered on it is fitting. Even the spattered chainswords look great.

D. Eisenhower
Oct 31, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

loving seconded.

On another note - crossposting from the warhams thread (I did not know there's a painting threat I'm dumb).

First batch of dudes is finally completed!
Painted, based, grassed up. Only thing missing is a clearcoat for protection - waiting for more to bulk-spray.

C&C greatly welcomed at this point!

I'm proud of these dudes, especially so considering how fuckin' far I've come since my last attempt at painting these things some 8 years ago (loving hideous).

For anyone curious about the basing - as mentioned before (in the other thread), I used high-grit tile-grout, mixed with a generous blend of dark grey paint and extra chunky grit (something like really rough sand).
It's a bit of a bitch to work with, as it comes in fat globs that you have to smear and spread - I use a little metal spatula clayshaping tool - but the end result is incredibly sturdy, it gloms onto whatever you stick into it (like the little chunks of rock - which used to be pure white), and drybrushes beautifully! Best is, if it chips off, there's just more dark grey 'gravel' waiting underneath it. Self healing base material!
To really secure the rock-chunks, I added a little dab of 'Hobby Glue' (superglue, any type that dries clear) at the bases of the rocks in inconspicuous locations.
The grass is plain old static-grass, sprinkled onto painted-on school-glue and flicked/blown clear as is usual.

'sup Tau buddy :hf:. Making a Tau force myself and was wondering how you got to that tone shadow grey (the Fang). Also noticed the missle pack is slanted on the suit (at no fault of your own, though). It's a perpetual GW miscast.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

D. Eisenhower posted:

'sup Tau buddy :hf:. Making a Tau force myself and was wondering how you got to that tone shadow grey (the Fang). Also noticed the missle pack is slanted on the suit (at no fault of your own, though). It's a perpetual GW miscast.

Hah didn't even notice the miscast. The wonders of cameras and ENHANCE ZOOM IN EHNANCE!

Yes, they're primed chaos black, painted 'The Fang' - which is honestly brighter than the little color-preview pallets on the paint rack would suggest - and highlighted with Dawnstone grey.

I also need to add more gold to my dudes as was mentioned by others. Thinking some pinstriping in a few select spots - especially the crisis suit.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
I'm using static grass for the first time on my terrain. I did the GW terrain kit and it worked out real well! I wonder though if there's a way to seal it in. Will something like a clear spray paint be ok to stop my grass from rubbing off of everything?

• Locked thread