Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

jyrque posted:

That's because his hobbies don't include icky stuff like video games or anime. :downs:

Erm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNH5EUw7gxk&t=2m37s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The arcade visit in this one is pretty amazing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The arcade visit in this one is pretty amazing.

Yeah, it's a really interesting site.

Generally speaking, I've found that when Arino is traveling quite a ways from Tokyo then the arcade trip is something really special. They're not going to haul the crew two hours out of Tokyo for a convenience store, after all.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Regarding those arcade visits, every time there's some kind of shooting gallery, Arino always leans in forward, pretty much making it easy as gently caress. Is that something that's common in Japan, or is it just one of Arino's quirks? I never saw that happen on any carnival in Europe.

I was kinda expecting him to just go to the side of the bowling lane and throw the ball in that way :v:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Grawl posted:

Regarding those arcade visits, every time there's some kind of shooting gallery, Arino always leans in forward, pretty much making it easy as gently caress. Is that something that's common in Japan, or is it just one of Arino's quirks? I never saw that happen on any carnival in Europe.

I was kinda expecting him to just go to the side of the bowling lane and throw the ball in that way :v:

This was address on the last page, to a degree...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I don't think this reference is as obvious in English, but did anyone get this? Arino is a gigantic nerd. It's not the first time he's used it either.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Gonna take a stab at this and say spirit bomb?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Yes :v: The other time, he said "Everyone, share your ten cents with me!"

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Yes :v: The other time, he said "Everyone, share your ten cents with me!"

... well, now I need fan-art of Arino dressed as Goku, doing this.

Curse my inability to draw.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

zari-gani posted:

I don't think this reference is as obvious in English, but did anyone get this?

Seems kinda obvious to me, but then again I'm a giant Dragon Ball nerd so :v:

FireCar
Sep 20, 2002

What's this?!

zari-gani posted:

I don't think this reference is as obvious in English, but did anyone get this? Arino is a gigantic nerd. It's not the first time he's used it either.

I never put two and two together until you pointed it out. I think I lose some nerd-cred for that. :smith:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

No new eps on TV until Septemberish, looks like, so we'll be waiting longer for (alleged) Karnov.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There is one challenge that has been requested more than any others. It's time has come. You may already know the outcome but Arino taking on Super Mario World is still an incredible one to watch.

Once again this episode was translated by zari-gani, who can beat Super Mario World blindfolded but doesn't like to brag about how good she is.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 493.01 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.
You guys are too good to us. Can't wait to watch this one.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
With the previous post saying that 4 platformers are coming, SMW part 2 tomorrow will make a fully subbed season 3. I am glad to see season 3 finished as I had many episodes in that season that I wanted to see. I hope the other 2 Makaimura games get subbed soon as it will finish up 1 season and nearly finish 1 other.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I guess I forgot to thank you guys for the Phoenix episode. That was a brilliant episode since I've never even really heard of the game before and I never knew how many dickmoves the developers decided they wanted to pull on the player. :)

Random Stranger posted:

Super Mario World
I've watched the raws of Mario World that (I think) joek0 uploaded to YouTube, but it will be really fun to watch translated since SMW is still one of my favorite games. :)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Another fantastic set of episodes. Thanks guys!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Music to my ears! Thanks for making a bad day much better. :unsmith:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Oh man, I just saw 61: The Fifty Three Stations of the Tokaido. I absolutely cracked up at the Karaoke session halfway through.

"Tsuruoka, ain't that an octave too high?!"

He can't help but start cracking up. Arino is the best.

That and "It's an S-car! Lator!" (Escalator)

Much love for the SA GCCX translation team. You guys rock for bringing this to us all.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Aug 11, 2012

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I'm so glad Arino finally was able to talk to Kaayan (who then tells his mother to shut up). :allears:

macvamp
Sep 5, 2011
What is it with Japanese games and moai?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"Moai" is just shorthand for "mysterious alien crap", I guess, but I have no idea where it started.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's a Konami thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Moai" is just shorthand for "mysterious alien crap", I guess, but I have no idea where it started.

My guess is that someone at Konami was really into Chariots of the Gods.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Gradius team added moais as a response to the Nazca-ish environments in Xevious, but I had no idea where the idea originated. Chariots of the Gods seems like a fairly safe guess, though.

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
This is great, thank you so much!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

There was a guy on the Gradius team who hated the taste of Moai statues so they put them in there just for him.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Caitlin posted:

Music to my ears! Thanks for making a bad day much better. :unsmith:

So much this. Gonna relax on the couch and force my SO to watch this episode with me.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Moai are popular in Japan in general for some reason. There's even exact reproductions of them.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

The Gradius team added moais as a response to the Nazca-ish environments in Xevious, but I had no idea where the idea originated. Chariots of the Gods seems like a fairly safe guess, though.

I read somewhere that they were an in-joke, about a Konami staff member who everyone thought looked like a Moai.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Awesome, the Super Mario World episodes are instant classics. :dance:

Super Monkey Daibouken is fascinating every time. It seems ridiculously huge and ambitious for a Famicom game, but completely tedious and draining to play.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

If there's one thing the SMW episodes drive home, it's that Arino was extremely bad at side scrollers back then. It's actually kind of interesting to see how he's improved his general gaming skills little by little over the years.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

If there's one thing the SMW episodes drive home, it's that Arino was extremely bad at side scrollers back then. It's actually kind of interesting to see how he's improved his general gaming skills little by little over the years.

I've started wondering if there's a serious input delay on the television he was using then.

But then Arino doesn't figure out how to use some basic functions of Super Mario World like the spin jump...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Awesome, the Super Mario World episodes are instant classics. :dance:

Super Monkey Daibouken is fascinating every time. It seems ridiculously huge and ambitious for a Famicom game, but completely tedious and draining to play.

It's like an RPG ROM hack where someone has removed all of the text.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Ok I know Arino is a bit impcompetant, but I can see he has certain skills. I couldn't beat some games he's cleared...

But jeez, so many lives lost on the first boss in Mario World? :eng99:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's something about Mario games in particular that completely overwhelms him. I really don't get it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

There's something about Mario games in particular that completely overwhelms him. I really don't get it.

I completely sympathize with him. :smith:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Bocc Kob posted:

I completely sympathize with him. :smith:

He says things like "keep calm and go slow" and I think "no, sprint and jump sometimes! Its that loving simple!". Sometimes it is hard to remember that not everyone has played Mario World all the way through a hundred times, and hasn't memorized the whole thing. I wish I could play these for the first time again, but SMW hasn't frustrated me since I was ten. I can hardly empathize with him.

That makes this such a good episode. Thank you all again for your hard work, we can't seem to get enough of this poo poo.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

That makes this such a good episode. Thank you all again for your hard work, we can't seem to get enough of this poo poo.

Yes, thank's for all your hard work team. Thanks to the show and this thread, not only have I bought a famicom, but a copy of Super Monkey Daiboken. (It perplexes me that it LOADS.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Behold the horror of Arino's current profile picture on Twitter!