Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Human posted:

Labrys's Brooklyn accent is too much for me. How was that the voice they chose for her? It's too great.

She had a Kansai accent in Japanese, and all the dopest translators make that equivocation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cityinthesea posted:

Argh! I'm at 99% for the story mode, uh I guess these are spoilers, I've done Yukiko's, Kanji's, Chie's bad end, I assume Yu has one?

Each dialog choice in Yu's story counts towards the total progress. He doesn't have any alternate paths though it's pure dialog changes.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Zexerous posted:

I have a copy of this for 360 now so if you guys are interested in doing a tournament/weekly for it on 360 as well I can stream that with no problems.

edit: 360 not ps3 derp

I'm down for any/all 360 goon tournies, provided I am not stuck at work while they go on.

Also chalk me up as another who loves Labrys's voice, its silly but awesome.

And on that labrys note: For those of you who enter training mode with her, don't just default to having her Axe at charge 5 just cause you want to see higher damage, each level of axe adds more hitstun* to each hit, so a combo you might do at red charge might be impossible to do at green charge.

*just wanna say, when I figured out that the bar below the damage indicator in a combo was hitstun I was like :wth:

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

randombattle posted:

Each dialog choice in Yu's story counts towards the total progress. He doesn't have any alternate paths though it's pure dialog changes.

Does getting 100% get you anything?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

If it's anything like BlazBlue, getting 100% unlocks the True Ending or something.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Various sources on the interwebs are claiming it's Cindy Robinson. And now that I think about it... yeah, I can here a little Makoto Nanaya in there.

When I first heard Labrys' voice in the trailer (the "I'll protect the public decency of Inaba!" line, which I've only heard her say in arcade mode) I was very quickly able to place her as Amy Rose.

I've watched too many Sonic LPs in my time, I think.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Zexerous posted:

I have a copy of this for 360 now so if you guys are interested in doing a tournament/weekly for it on 360 as well I can stream that with no problems.

edit: 360 not ps3 derp

I'm up for a 360 tourney. Just set a date and time.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cityinthesea posted:

Does getting 100% get you anything?

100% in Story Mode unlocks Teddie as a Navigator choice.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

100% in Story Mode unlocks Teddie as a Navigator choice.

No, I got Teddie at 99%.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
This game is such a refresher after blazblue, everything has so much personality, in parcicular I really like the before/after match quotes. Mitsuru's spaceballs limo, "I won! Latuh!" and "Soooooooo laaaaaame~" are probably the best.

Watching kanji and akihiko have a shadow killing contest is pretty good, too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

darealkooky posted:

This game is such a refresher after blazblue, everything has so much personality, in parcicular I really like the before/after match quotes. Mitsuru's spaceballs limo, "I won! Latuh!" and "Soooooooo laaaaaame~" are probably the best.

At this point Mitsuru is pretty much Tony Stark meets Bruce Wayne meets James Bond. Even if she wasn't S-Tier she would be The Best Character.

Everyone pointing out how silly/unstealthy her outfit is in Story Mode is just the icing on the cake.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Bebopaloobop posted:

If you do this you're going to eat a fatal counter combo when he walks up to you, which is 100x worse than any combo he'd get off a mixup.

Yeah you're right, I double checked and Yukiko actually is just guarding the projectiles, not invincible to them. So he can still OMC it.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Does anyone else sing along with the junes theme in Chie's one-button combo? Seriously, while I loved her original VA, the new one's just as awesome. She just makes her one of the most fun characters in the game.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Does anyone else sing along with the junes theme in Chie's one-button combo? Seriously, while I loved her original VA, the new one's just as awesome. She just makes her one of the most fun characters in the game.

Her best line for me so far is during Aigis's story when Chie meets Akihiko for the first time. She fangirls the gently caress out seeing a "real" hero.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
New title: "Chic Instant Kill Bebe"

Question: Is it bad sportsmanship to skip the pre-fight cutscenes when there's still stuttering lag? I always let it catch up before I press a button and anyone who does the opposite deserves to be instant killed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cronox2 posted:

New title: "Chic Instant Kill Bebe"

Question: Is it bad sportsmanship to skip the pre-fight cutscenes when there's still stuttering lag? I always let it catch up before I press a button and anyone who does the opposite deserves to be instant killed.

It happens a lot to me and its seriously annoying. I have to spend the first few seconds of each fight just blocking and waiting for things on my end to catch up. I really wish people wouldn't skip past it so immediately. It only lasts like, 10 seconds.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

cronox2 posted:

Yeah, after a match or two where we jumped right in, I always let it catch up before starting if I can. Playing mainly with friends helps, though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Bebopaloobop posted:

If you do this you're going to eat a fatal counter combo when he walks up to you, which is 100x worse than any combo he'd get off a mixup.

I can vouch for this. Bebop hit me with it in the same situation last night :( I wasn't trying to absorb anything, I had just whiffed the r action as a reversal.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just got furher as a title option. I wonder what hilarious stuff people will do with it!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

I just got furher as a title option. I wonder what hilarious stuff people will do with it!
Tsundere Fuhrer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What are my options as Kanji when I land a fatal counter 5C? It seems too far to do anything with barring OMC shenanigans and even then I'm not sure.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

What are my options as Kanji when I land a fatal counter 5C? It seems too far to do anything with barring OMC shenanigans and even then I'm not sure.

If it's absolutely max range you MIGHT be able to do QCF+B~QCB+B. Maybe. Or super. Otherwise you're stuck with 2C. I'll double check on the first one.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

At max range you do 236a+b, or if you hit them out of the air, 236c+d. As far as I can tell following up a 5c FC at max range requires you to burn meter no matter what. I could give you a nice max range FC 5c combo, but I just shut the xbox off and am about to go to sleep.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I really want Nanako as an announcer but 50 hours of straight matches would probably make my 360 RROD. I don't wanna pay money for something you can unlock in gameplay :negative:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Meme Emulator posted:

Only reason Furher is a title option is probably because Hitler's a boss in Persona 2 but hey, why not.

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words

Endorph posted:

Tsundere Fuhrer.

I started with Fuhrer! I've been sporting Persuasive Fuhrer (Just kidding!)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man I change titles practically matchly. I've got Japan's Best Beard right now but I only played a match or two with that one. There is just so much potential for awesome titles. It's funny stringing together the super long ones and making it so long it spreads onto the persona cards but ultimately I prefer the short ones that show up on the title card with out being cut off.

Anything with the words lowfat milk, janitorial, or insurance are usually pretty great. You can't go wrong with something like Self-proclaimed Insurance Man. Oh I hope salesman is in there somewhere...

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waterbed posted:

If it's absolutely max range you MIGHT be able to do QCF+B~QCB+B. Maybe. Or super. Otherwise you're stuck with 2C. I'll double check on the first one.

Followup: This doesn't work.

Anonymous Guevara
Sep 12, 2009
Teddie's right now unstoppable, it seems, in ranked matches. 99% of all the people I play against don't know how to handle his weird poo poo, and the only ones who put up an actually decent fight are the Japanese players who've had more time to get used to his antics.

Also, I totally sent a friend invite to the personagoons meta-tag. If anyone ever wants a match on the 360, I'm pretty much always game. Just toss a message to SMS SKULL 2. Expect a lot of seriously terrible bear puns.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Anonymous Guevara posted:

Also, I totally sent a friend invite to the personagoons meta-tag. If anyone ever wants a match on the 360, I'm pretty much always game. Just toss a message to SMS SKULL 2. Expect a lot of seriously terrible bear puns.

I've just been sitting here waiting to play for about 40 minutes. If you're up for it I'm on right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The internet lied to me about how to unlock Labrys' story mode, so I played through all of Naoto's tonight for no reason :negative:

...Not that I wouldn't have done it eventually anyway, but I'm just trying to unlock everything like that right now.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

TheJoker138 posted:

The internet lied to me about how to unlock Labrys' story mode, so I played through all of Naoto's tonight for no reason :negative:

...Not that I wouldn't have done it eventually anyway, but I'm just trying to unlock everything like that right now.

I did Yosuke, Yu, and Akihiko and Labrys unlocked for me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

PureRok posted:

I did Yosuke, Yu, and Akihiko and Labrys unlocked for me.

Yeah, you have to beat it three times, and at least one of them has to be with a P3 character. I beat it with Chie, Teddie, and then went to Naoto cause the internet told me it was just to beat it with one of the 2nd unlocks, which is all the P3 guys and then Naoto. Oh well, Mitsuru's story has been cool so far.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Bite Into A Bambino... sure title system, why not.

Also, after grinding through Story Mode a bit, I am probably never playing Aigis again if I have a say in the matter. I dunno, everything about her just feels awkward, what with trying to keep your bullet usage to the bare minimum. Outside Orgia you're just cowering and trying to get that meter filled and IN Orgia you're gambling about whether that last SB Megido Fire will finish them off or if you're SOL for the next 15 seconds with a grey meter... yeah, gonna stick with Mitsuru's poking games, thanks.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 11, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does anyone know if the finishers done in training count towards the 1000 to unlock things?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Ok, I'm awake now, so time for combos!

Max range standing fatal counter 5c 236a+b 2a 2b 236b 2a 2b 236c 236a/b - costs 25meter, 4812 damage.

Max range air fatal counter 5c 236a+b jb 2b 236b 2a 2b 236c 236a/b - costs 25meter ,4257 damage.

These are both bare bones minimum resources spent, you should really make up versions that spend more meter and/or bursts, .

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Man I finished Labrys's story mode. It's like a big :smith: bundled in even more :smith:

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It is really annoying to have people quit out of a match just as you land and instant kill attack.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Old Swerdlow posted:

It is really annoying to have people quit out of a match just as you land and instant kill attack.

If people do that a lot they get marked a a frequent ragequitter, and there name is turned red. When the matchmaking matches you up against someone with a red name, don't accept the match*. If they didn't have a red name because they're new and haven't earned it yet, take solace knowing they will have a red name soon with that behavior.

*Alternatively, accept the match and play the most lame annoying way possible trying to bait them into rage quitting yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Guevara
Sep 12, 2009

PureRok posted:

I've just been sitting here waiting to play for about 40 minutes. If you're up for it I'm on right now.

Agh, I was gonna` message you about a game, but I noticed you were away so I went to sleep instead!

• Locked thread