Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

You Am I posted:

Best of luck with that, I know most Holden mechanics/wreckers hate the Euro GM stuff

Yeah, you hear mixed things about them, but considering I have terrible automotive ADD and usually keep cars for like 6 months, I'm not hugely worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

Yeah, you hear mixed things about them, but considering I have terrible automotive ADD and usually keep cars for like 6 months, I'm not hugely worried.

You should check out what the status of the timing belt is - the interval got revised down and you really don't want a failure there.

slaphappynickname
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My wife actually pulled into a parking lot and waited for a guy to come back to his Noble M12 just so she could ask about it and sit in it. He was floored that some 30 year old in a Prius knew what his car was, what engine it had, and where it was built. She was ecstatic to see it in person, too.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

dissss posted:

You should check out what the status of the timing belt is - the interval got revised down and you really don't want a failure there.

Yeah, PO said it was done 20,000kms ago, but going to pull the cover off this weekend and see if they were full of poo poo. Already thinking about selling it though :suicide:

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.
Picked up this beauty:

I love it lots.
Only a square cm rusted area under the hood and a small dent on the left fender but with paint intact on.
The only downside seems to be that birds aim for red vehicles with their acidic poo poo.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

^ Very cool!! How do you like it? I have pondered looking into a mid-late 90s 850 T5 wagon when my Mazda6 is paid off.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Finally got my hands on another 240. Paint needs some love but the KADE is solid and the interior is beautiful, tranny acts up in the cold but for 2K I'm loving it so far.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Very clean dude, I love it!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, I forgot what tastefully modified bugeyes looked like. Very nice.

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007

angryhampster posted:

^ Very cool!! How do you like it? I have pondered looking into a mid-late 90s 850 T5 wagon when my Mazda6 is paid off.

It's awesome! It is quiet, exceptionally roomy (Trunk as well as cab; With the drivers seat adjusted perfectly for me there is still adequate room for another person of my size right behind in the backseat.) and the leather interior is spotless except for two minor scrapes that are not situated at eye level. It handles much, much better than my little, but dependable and cheap, Opel Corsa Swing, and it seems to have been really well taken care of this these past twelve years.

The Volvo 850 T5 wagons look real nice but I'm afraid that I don't have much experience with them. Generally speaking, where I live, the 850's I see are not well taken care of (rusty which they really should not be) whereas the 940's and 945's are hard currency and very sought after because of their old cast iron engines and easily replaced parts system. My wife and I sought a 945 but bought the V70 when we noticed that the service manual was neatly marked and stamped.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Isn't that the same car as the late 850s though? My parents have a '95 850, same color, which runs pretty well for a 310.000 km car.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Weezy88 posted:

Finally got my hands on another 240. Paint needs some love but the KADE is solid and the interior is beautiful, tranny acts up in the cold but for 2K I'm loving it so far.

Why can't I ever find amazing deals like this in my area :mad:

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB
I've been working hard so thought i'd treat myself!

Coming from a clio 197 (2.0 4cyl) the V6 sounds incredible, it's so addictive - I just need to get a non-resonated milltek exhaust system on now!

It's a late 56 plate (january 2007) on 44,000 miles with a full VW service history (major service done, phew) and a manual box. Got the ipod connector, heated full leather seats and a few other options. So much more refined than my rattly french can!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Aww man I missed 135i chat.

Here's mine. Got it a month ago. 2011 with DCT and basically every option. Red exterior, Savannah beige interior. It was a "factory car." Some high up person at the dealership orders one however they want it (so they say 'gently caress it' and get everything they can) and can drive it for ~5k miles, then sell it for 10K under MSRP. Red wasn't my first choice, and neither was the DCT, but I couldn't say no to the deal.

Dog loves the sunroof

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 13, 2012

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The Big Jesus posted:

Dog loves the sunroof

Beautiful ride, and if this were my dog I would make this my Facebook profile pic and never change it.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

MiniFoo posted:

Why can't I ever find amazing deals like this in my area :mad:

I steady checked craigslist for about a year before finding this one man, it was a tough wait but worth it. I live in BFE too, managed to snag this one out of New Orleans.

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

backifran posted:

I've been working hard so thought i'd treat myself!

Coming from a clio 197 (2.0 4cyl) the V6 sounds incredible, it's so addictive - I just need to get a non-resonated milltek exhaust system on now!

It's a late 56 plate (january 2007) on 44,000 miles with a full VW service history (major service done, phew) and a manual box. Got the ipod connector, heated full leather seats and a few other options. So much more refined than my rattly french can!

This is awesome! We didn't get the proper standard transmission in the states...its pretty much what made me wait for a Mk6 R instead of getting a used Mk5 R32 a couple years ago.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

My WRX as of late:

Shiv
May 21, 2001

Ready for action
Just washed (yesterday), rusty rotors and all:

Just last week:

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

If we're posting washed and waxed Subarus:

And

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Shiv posted:

Just last week:

Word up fellow late model high mileage goon. My 03 SRT-4 is going to roll 130k this week. Spins like a top. :)

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007

bolind posted:

Isn't that the same car as the late 850s though? My parents have a '95 850, same color, which runs pretty well for a 310.000 km car.

You appear to be correct, my mother-in-law who works at Volvo says there's not much separating the two cars except the motor and some technology.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Just got emailed a photo that my bff took of my car. What do you guys think?'

1920px: http://i.imgur.com/5Plcx.jpg

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I like the shot, needs some noise reduction though.

Edit: and town down the light flares on the body a bit.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

The Big Jesus posted:

Aww man I missed 135i chat.

Here's mine. Got it a month ago. 2011 with DCT and basically every option. Red exterior, Savannah beige interior. It was a "factory car." Some high up person at the dealership orders one however they want it (so they say 'gently caress it' and get everything they can) and can drive it for ~5k miles, then sell it for 10K under MSRP. Red wasn't my first choice, and neither was the DCT, but I couldn't say no to the deal.

Dog loves the sunroof

Just FYI "Factory Car" can and does typically mean that it was driven by a corporate employee and you could never, ever get me to purchase one.

There's a reason that the car is 10K under MSRP. It's still a great car, though :shobon:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Needs a grille.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I see that black Subaru wagon every page.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Just FYI "Factory Car" can and does typically mean that it was driven by a corporate employee and you could never, ever get me to purchase one.

There's a reason that the car is 10K under MSRP. It's still a great car, though :shobon:

Yeah it came with just over 5k on the odometer and a year off of the warranty. I'm sure it was driven like a bat out of hell on the reg, but I'm fully expecting to spend a decent amount on repairs.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I like the shot, needs some noise reduction though.

Edit: and town down the light flares on the body a bit.

I think you are mistaken as to what "noise reduction" is. The photo was shot using a 60 megapixel medium format camera. There is no noise on this photo.

This is at about 20% of full size, which is 8984 x 6732px:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How much did those wheels set you back?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bojanglesworth posted:

I think you are mistaken as to what "noise reduction" is. The photo was shot using a 60 megapixel medium format camera. There is no noise on this photo.

This is at about 20% of full size, which is 8984 x 6732px:

What am I seeing then? Both the clouds and paint look grainy as hell in both images. Chrome can't view images correctly? jpg compression?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bojanglesworth posted:

Still too low with no grille.

And yeah Maker, I think all that stuff in the clouds is just jpeg artifacting. I'm in firefox and I see it too.

Edit: I figured out another thing that was bugging me about that photo. The fog lights are just too recessed on that car, so when you're too far to one side you can't tell the other one is on and it just looks burnt out. The black paint makes it difficult to see that it's simply not visible from that angle. Still like the wheels though.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 13, 2012

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's not low enough and the post/grads on the sky is really lame.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Shiv posted:

Just last week:

Do you have any more pics, maybe in higher res? I love the look of wingless/scoopless blobeyes, this one is particularly gorgeous.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bojanglesworth posted:

1920px: http://i.imgur.com/5Plcx.jpg

I think a longer lens with larger aperture should have been used. No subject isolation.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

ash with a five posted:

It's not low enough and the post/grads on the sky is really lame.

Thats just how the sky looked, here is a cell photo:

The car is lowered right around eight inches, ground clearance is less than two inches and its daily driven 300+ miles a week. I'd say its low enough.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bojanglesworth posted:

Also, lets see your car dude, since all you ever have to contribute is poo poo talking. The car is lowered right around eight inches, ground clearance is less than two inches and its daily driven 300+ miles a week.

Ah, AI hasn't had a callout in a while. Come on, whip out some epeens and see who is internet boss. :rolleyes: (don't go into regdates, Bojanglesworth, he's got you by a couple weeks)

Car still needs a grille.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It was a joke, bro. Just because everyone else was saying it needed raising :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Who cares about how low a dudes car is to the ground, drat, the thing looks sick