Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
So I have a bunch of plane trips coming up and bought the Summer Tour Podcasts. The only problem is, I can't seem to figure out how I actually go about getting them. A little help?

burmart fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

Zsinjeh posted:

So glad I bought a e-pass, most of these Live shows have been loving hilarious. Bjork is always a treat.

Although are you only supposed to be able to click the download link five times? What's up with that, can't I refresh it every day for a new episode?

The 5 link limit resets everytime they send you a new e-mail saying theres more shows.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Deadpool posted:

I think the episode of CBB with the Superego guys is an underrated gem. Paul F. Tompkins does a solid job filling in for Saucerman and Kaitlin Olson is pretty great on it too.

Absolutely. Can I burn you up a tuna fished sandwich?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

burmart posted:

So I have a bunch of plane trips coming up and bought the Summer Tour Podcasts. The only problem is, I can't seem to figure out how I actually go about getting them. A little help?

Use the Store link at Earwolf.com, make your purchase, they email you a link where you can download them.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think it's Matt Gourley, but it's hard to tell.

Saw them live at the Vancouver Comedy Fest, can confirm Gourley does Giger. Also if you have a chance to see it live and you don't go you should just put a bullet in your head.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Absolutely. Can I burn you up a tuna fished sandwich?

Is Coy here?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

FitFortDanga posted:

Use the Store link at Earwolf.com, make your purchase, they email you a link where you can download them.

Does it take them a while to send the e-mail? I ordered this morning, got my confirmation e-mail, but no link to download.

This seems like a stupid way to do it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

burmart posted:

Does it take them a while to send the e-mail? I ordered this morning, got my confirmation e-mail, but no link to download.

I haven't ordered these, but have ordered other pay earwolf downloads, and received paypal receipt + earwolf confirmation + earwolf dl links all simultaneously.

e: If the process is still the same (did your order conf come from 'happiness @ earwolf'?), the link email mentioned to email them there (happiness), mentioning the order #, for support.

WoG fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 10, 2012

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

burmart posted:

I got the purchase receipt, confirmation, and DL link within a minute of each other, maybe email them about it. New download emails seem to come out the day after the actual shows.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Spam filter'd. Apparently the download info doesn't come from an @earwolf address.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
Hey, I was at the late New York show. It was also great. Heidecker did the first guest spot instead of Kurt and Moynihan did Fagen Platt/Charles Barkley instead of Fourvel, which was probably a downgrade, but we got Huell Howser so that more than made up for it.

(For those who were there - we spun Audience Choice on the Wheel of Characters, and the Huell cheers narrowly beat out the Paul Giamatti crowd. Dov Charney got nearly no response.)

Z.S. Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 11, 2012

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That was my least favorite of the shows so far. I'm getting drat sick of Tim Heidecker, and I never thought I'd say this, but Huell Howser is wearing mighty thin too.

Of course, I'm sure it's a different experience being at the live show as opposed to listening to one every day.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Z.S. Ghost posted:

Hey, I was at the late New York show. It was also great. Heidecker did the first guest spot instead of Kurt and Moynihan did Fagen Platt/Charles Barkley instead of Fourvel, which was probably a downgrade, but we got Huell Howser so that more than made up for it.

(For those who were there - we spun Audience Choice on the Wheel of Characters, and the Huell cheers narrowly beat out the Paul Giamatti crowd. Dov Charney got nearly no response.)

Has he done Dov Charney on the podcast? I had to look up who that was. I can't imagine him standing a chance against either of the other two.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Vancouver show report: opening act, just some Patton Oswalt guy. Then Heidecker came on to do his stand up bit, then some Sarah Silverman broad? Great night of standup, but the podcast portion was disappointing. Clearly tired and no plan, but seeing Oswalt and Silverman for $20 aint a bad way to spnd an evening.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
A

Power of Pecota posted:

Has he done Dov Charney on the podcast? I had to look up who that was. I can't imagine him standing a chance against either of the other two.

At least twice, yeah. There was one other option on the wheel, but I don't remember who it was. it was busey, who philadelphia wound up getting.

Z.S. Ghost fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 11, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Adomian did him on number 108 with Rob Corddry (that name is spelled weird). I gotta rep for that episode; I thought it was great!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Z.S. Ghost posted:

A

At least twice, yeah. There was one other option on the wheel, but I don't remember who it was. it was busey, who philadelphia wound up getting.

You mean P.H.I.L.A.D.E.L.P.H.I.A.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Power of Pecota posted:

The first one where he does it is probably in my top 5. This bit had me doubled over on a crowded subway train.

EDIT: It's #108, and you should be listening to it now now now now now

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Deadpool posted:

I think the episode of CBB with the Superego guys is an underrated gem. Paul F. Tompkins does a solid job filling in for Saucerman and Kaitlin Olson is pretty great on it too.

Episode is classic just for PFT singing "How Soon Is Now". Not just like singing it in the studio, singing it on stage with music.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I've been going through old episodes lately. The earlier episodes have a lot of Scott pretty blatantly setting up stand-ups to do their bits, which I'm really glad the show has done away with.
Something I miss though is all the guest host episodes. The Jimmy Pardo, PFT, and Cyber Thug (RIP) episodes all had a different feel that I found really interesting. I love Scott Aukerman and his hosting style, but I wouldn't mind if he went on vacation again some time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Megan Mullally and El Chupacabra? Yes please.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Oh man, the Boston live episode was loving amazing.

Curiosity and the Sheriff of Nottingham was a duo I could never have thought of and they absolutely killed.

"Tell me something Curiosity....what is the BREADTH and DEPTH.....of your Curiosity?"
- "That Is A Rhetorical Question."
"INDEED IT IS AAAAHHHHHHH THE GAME IS AFOOT!"
--
"Being an an- an inan-enam-inanima-bla-uhh-ERROR-ERROR"
WE'VE LOST HIM!! FIND THE SIGNAL! FIND THE SIGNAL YOU FOOLS!

Getting really tired of Tim Heidecker though. It's like he only plays a straight character but he takes it to such a high degree that he shoots down all skits.
"Ugh, is there a script for this?"
"I don't really want to play." etc

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Tim and Eric's schtick doesn't seem to play nice with the Comedy Bang Bang format. You need to be DTF (down to fun)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

You guys should like Philly then, Tim was completely 'in' with Garry Marshall, and then playing Nick Nolte when Gary Busey came out. None of his throwing on the brakes stuff.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Heidecker was a willing participant in Vancouver too, but to be honest, I wouldn't shell out for that episode unless you've bought the whole package already

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Kroll's character loving slayed me for some reason. I was laughing my rear end off when he told the scorpion and frog story. SCROG

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

COO COO REE COO! COOCOO REE COO!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Hey, Division Post just started a game of Would You Rather in the TVIV forum.
Would you guys be interested in doing something like that here? Each game goes on for 24 hours and uh...no idea how we would chose the host but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Popelmon posted:

Hey, Division Post just started a game of Would You Rather in the TVIV forum.
Would you guys be interested in doing something like that here? Each game goes on for 24 hours and uh...no idea how we would chose the host but I'm sure we could figure something out.

tviv is garbage, do one here.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Maybe it could go in its own thread or something? I'm not all that interested in playing and it would be a pain to try to find CBB discussion in a bunch of game posts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Greggy posted:

Maybe it could go in its own thread or something? I'm not all that interested in playing and it would be a pain to try to find CBB discussion in a bunch of game posts.

I agree with this guy. If you guys want to do it go for it, just in another thread.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I agree with this guy. If you guys want to do it go for it, just in another thread.

what I meant by here was here in RGD not in TVIV :)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Perhaps it's a better fit for Trad Games, or Play By Post!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501470

Knock yourselves out, I'll adjudicate at least one game of WYR.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Scoobi posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501470

Knock yourselves out, I'll adjudicate at least one game of WYR.

I have a question.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

dancehall posted:

I have a question.

This is not how you play would you rather.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
You asked in the wrong thread! -5 points!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Can anyone give me some recommendations on what the best episodes so far of the Live Tour are aside from Boston and Minneapolis?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't know which I'd say I like the best, but I really liked Seattle, Portland, both NY shows, and Philadelphia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just bought the whole tour. Anyone know what order they were recorded in?

e: Never mind. Just looked for the tour dates. Doy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 19, 2012