Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

mrkillboy posted:

Droidgamers.com has fairly decent Android games coverage.

Somehow, I find it really loving hard to trust a site that looks like this:

I mean, the excellent TouchArcade, which I used to use for iOS gaming news, does site skins, but at least I don't have to scroll down past two ads and a giant story banner just to see actual content on their front page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Another World and R-TYPE are on sale for a buck each on the Amazon Appstore right now.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

(e;f;b. Need to look at the next page before I post next time.)

DotEmu has put both their games on sale on the Amazon appstore (Another World 20th Anniversary Edition for $0.90 and the R-Type remake for $0.99). I just got them both :)

I wonder if Another World is as hard as I remember it as a kid.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

cash posted:

To the cockwads who sniggered at me for wearing a SA hoodie at a Hong Kong airport terminal.

gently caress you

Wearing a grenade hoodie to an airport is always a bad idea, though.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
In Ski Safari, after unlocking the wolf as a starting animal, do completing the challenges get you anything other than bonus coins? I've already bought everything except the additional outfits so I'm not interested in getting more coins.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Pictorial is pretty relaxing. You spin a 3d model of dots and lines around until it makes a picture. I remember my friend showed me something like this on his iPhone and I forgot about it until I saw this on The Register. It's free with ads and when you pay for the rest of the levels it removes the ads.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

nexus6 posted:

In Ski Safari, after unlocking the wolf as a starting animal, do completing the challenges get you anything other than bonus coins? I've already bought everything except the additional outfits so I'm not interested in getting more coins.

Yes. New starting thing. Rocket

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 13, 2012

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

abraham linksys posted:

Somehow, I find it really loving hard to trust a site that looks like this:

I mean, the excellent TouchArcade, which I used to use for iOS gaming news, does site skins, but at least I don't have to scroll down past two ads and a giant story banner just to see actual content on their front page.
Read it through Google Currents, it looks really nice then. I've been reading it for a couple of weeks and had no idea it looked that hideous on the web. The content definitely seems to read more like PR than actual objective reviews though, but it's handy for flagging up stuff that's coming out.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Ski Safari is asking me to freeze a yeti.

...how do I freeze a yeti?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

spincube posted:

Ski Safari is asking me to freeze a yeti.

...how do I freeze a yeti?

Ride it into a pond.

BrightGreenLine
Sep 2, 2004
oh :gonk:
You have to jump into the pond too. Sliding over will just skate on top, but if you fall into it from a jump you'll break through and freeze.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Bingo. I'd guessed it was something like that, but assumed freeze underwater = game over.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A long shot, but does anybody know any good card game apps with Gin Rummy in them? I've been playing the Tesseract version for the past year, and although I love the interface the AI is ludicrous. I'd also be into Rummy 500.

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

I'm looking for a good turn-based multiplayer android game to play with my brother who is moving to Florida. Kind of like Words with Friends or Draw Something, but more of a strategy game (like a Risk-type game or an Advance Wars-type game).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
DRisk is Risk, and it's very good.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Anyone else with a Nexus 7 have Ski Safari appear as "not available for your device?" Is this because I'm rooted? I see a lot of reviews that have been added from other Nexus 7 owners.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

beerinator posted:

Anyone else with a Nexus 7 have Ski Safari appear as "not available for your device?" Is this because I'm rooted? I see a lot of reviews that have been added from other Nexus 7 owners.

I'm not on a Nexus 7, but I did have issues installing the game with my rooted Atrix 4g. If I went to the store from my phone it wouldn't show up, but if I went to the web store it was there and I could install remotely from there.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

I'm not on a Nexus 7, but I did have issues installing the game with my rooted Atrix 4g. If I went to the store from my phone it wouldn't show up, but if I went to the web store it was there and I could install remotely from there.

Both say unavailable for me.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ski Safari installed on my Nexus 7 unrooted, but I pushed it from the site and not the device. Try that maybe?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

beerinator posted:

Both say unavailable for me.

It's your dpi changed? If so, put it back to 213 and check again.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

For anyone looking for a time killer, the goons are back into The Infinite black, a lot has changed and hopefully we can all have some fun. We were planning on taking over the new server but that may be a while off yet..
For those who don't know, TIB is an MMO set in space that's pretty simple and lots of fun. About a year or more the goon alliance broke the game and caused some massive changes and lots of pubbie tears, we want to start again and have some fun.
BTW it's lots of fun and runs pretty well on tablets.. I love the larger screen.

Check out the thread in PGS and get started today.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501548

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

What is a good turn based game that I can play with my girlfriend who isn't really a gamer? We play Chess by Post and [wordhero] quite a bit but looking for something different.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Does anyone play Rage of Bahamut? I noticed it's the highest grossing game on the entire play store and I've been "playing" it for a few days but it is literally nothing but 1-shotting enemies who don't fight back and just gathering poo poo up and combining it/enhancing it.

There's 0 gameplay whatsoever as far as I can tell; it's nothing but busy work.

Even PVP is just "how many of your cards can you fit under your attack rating" and then you hope that the opponent's defense rating is lower.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There's a RoB thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3482903
I got bored fast because it's a button pushing game that's super boring and cheating is rampant

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

Gyshall posted:

DRisk is Risk, and it's very good.

I've bought this and it's great! Any other suggestions for a multiplayer strategy game?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

From the Steam thread:

Atomicated posted:

Humble Bundle for Android 3 is up on the CDR.

Includes:
Uplink
Bit Trip Beat
Spacechem
Field Runners

Beat the Average:
Spirits

Uplink and Bit Trip Beat are new ports, I guess. No idea what Spirits is.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How does uplink translate to the touch interface? I seem to remember having to type in ips or copy / paste them

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

tater_salad posted:

How does uplink translate to the touch interface? I seem to remember having to type in ips or copy / paste them

I imagine (or hope) they'll implement a system more conducive to a touch screen. Other than the IPs on the bank hacking missions, I think everything else in the game was click or drag/drop.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tater_salad posted:

There's a video here:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/74256/uplink-hacking-into-ipad-and-android

It looks like it'll be very much a tablet targeted game.

Also that Bundle looks great :dance: .

Edit: Here's the iOS version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uplink/id522659218?mt=8

Tunga fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 15, 2012

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
HiB3 for Android is live if you were interested.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Here's the link http://www.humblebundle.com/

Kinda sucks. Bit Trip would be nice, and Spirits looks neat, but I don't like tower defense games (and I played Fieldrunners like literally three years ago on iOS), SpaceChem is way too hard for me, and Uplink is kinda meh.

Might throw a buck in for Bit Trip since it's not on the Play Store yet.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Every game I've gotten through humble bundles that I actually liked I've gone ahead and bought from the Play Store. I got tired of having to deal with another downloader and having stuff not stay up-to-date automatically. Same goes for everything good that was free on the Amazon store.

One thing that always amuses me about the Humble Bundle is the platform breakdown at the bottom and Linux users consistently being the ones that pay the most.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

dongsbot 9000 posted:

HiB3 for Android is live if you were interested.

Purchased, UPLINK requires that you're on a tablet. No uplink for the phone. Sucks.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

tater_salad posted:

There's a RoB thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3482903
I got bored fast because it's a button pushing game that's super boring and cheating is rampant
I tried it up through the "tutorial" I think? I couldn't tell what was going on. It kept flashing different wordarts all over the screen and changing screen sizes while almost constantly having a loading circle on the screen.

Oh wait it's a Mobage game, no wonder.

They need a port of Elements the Game for mobile. That game was the first digital CCG I've ever seen where they embraced the abilities of the virtual deck (cards that spawn other cards, cards that can duplicate, etc). It's only downside is that it gets super grindy for the endgame. To be fair I haven't played it in like 2 years.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Hey don't buy that bundle if you're buying it for Uplink and you only have a phone; it requires a tablet.

gently caress.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Same goes for Spacechem (which is still bordering on unusable on 7-inch screens, christ)

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Uplink is on the Market: £3.17!

...and it's apparently incompatible with both my Gnex and my N7 :argh:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

spincube posted:

Crap, bought for uplink on my fire with ICS, says not compatible on play, hope it works. :(

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

One thing that always amuses me about the Humble Bundle is the platform breakdown at the bottom and Linux users consistently being the ones that pay the most.
I've thrown $15 at past Android bundles without hesitation just to keep encouraging them to do it.

I'll probably do at least $10, but due to the amount of tablet-only stuff I'll see less values. There's always my laptop but I don't really do gaming on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

spincube posted:

I'm playing it fine on my N7 right now.

• Locked thread