Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fix posted:

That's funny, your link seems to be broken.

It wasn't a Dawn of Awesome toon, but welp here goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXpIAUjh-A
Youtube kinda hosed it up but if you want to watch a superior quality version without animation glitches, check this link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/600428

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Those models are awesome. Nice work man!

ghetto wormhole posted:

Your Valhallans rock dude!
Thank you! I can field about 1500 of painted stuff right now; these guys probably push that to 1600 since Commissars and officers add up quick. I've gotta paint up my psyker and second Basilisk though; they did so much for me last game!

SRM fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
... Warhammer 40k - 6th Edition: Broagiesbroagiesbroagiesbroagiesbroagiesbro

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

SRM posted:

Youtube kinda hosed it up but if you want to watch a superior quality version without animation glitches, check this link:

This popped up in my subscriptions a few days ago but forgot to post about it here.

Broagies! :3:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

SRM posted:

"Brogies" will be stuck in my head for weeks.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sole.Sushi posted:

"Brogies" will be stuck in my head for weeks.

hahah the Brogies thing was awesome. Great video SRM!

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

SRM posted:

There's a guy in my gameclub with some Daemons that I think will appeal to you then:

Those are actually what I imagine whenever I read about chaos in any of the books or fluff.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That really is a funny cartoon!

These are all insanely amazing, but the look on this guy's face is the best. (and the bruising and tubes and everything)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 14, 2012

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

SRM posted:

There's a guy in my gameclub with some Daemons that I think will appeal to you then:

These are all fantastic, but now that I've seen the horn, I can't unsee this guy pelvic thrusting guardsman to death.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I would model a dead dude on the horn. Maybe make him removeable.

I'd love to see these at different angles!

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.

krushgroove posted:

I would model a dead dude on the horn. Maybe make him removeable.

I'd love to see these at different angles!
Hell yes make it removable. That way he can have an impaled model for every army he faces. Just a little mind gently caress for the opponent.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I bought a used Chaos Dreadnought and it came with a plastic marine (with no head, hands or feet) drilled out and inserted on the metal spike - I've stripped everything but will be painting the dead marine in Dark Angels colors, just for my DA-playing friend. I have another couple of players in the little club we've got, one doing Relictors and the other Space Wolves, plus a lot of marine bitz I won on eBay...I sense yet another small project to make dead marines to match every opposing force I might meet....

conversion question cross-posted from the Minis thread: If I buy some used Predator tanks off eBay, how hard of a job is it to remove the sponsons (side guns) and the turret (if it's glued in) so I can have Rhinos if I need them? I'm thinking Dremel and cutting wheel to take them apart if I have to, then styrene cement and Green Stuff to cover up the cuts. Then I'd magnetize the sponsons so they can come off when I need troop carriers.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 14, 2012

CaptainPete
Apr 26, 2009

krushgroove posted:

conversion question cross-posted from the Minis thread: If I buy some used Predator tanks off eBay, how hard of a job is it to remove the sponsons (side guns) and the turret (if it's glued in) so I can have Rhinos if I need them? I'm thinking Dremel and cutting wheel to take them apart if I have to, then styrene cement and Green Stuff to cover up the cuts. Then I'd magnetize the sponsons so they can come off when I need troop carriers.

Simple Green/LA's Totally Awesome. If you soak it in that stuff to strip the paint, it should weaken the bonds depending on the glue used. I hear that if you put it in the freezer for a few, let it return to room temperature, then pull on it, it will pop apart. Haven't tried it myself.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah yes the old freezer trick :)

Well I guess I'll go ahead and get this listing of 2 Predators and a Whirlwind then.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

BTW, that converted sentinel, what models are they counted as?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Magnetizing a big piece like that is a huge pain in the rear end, and trying to do it with a salvaged model is only going to make it worse. I mean maybe the price difference will make it worthwhile, but I doubt it.

This is assuming that you get a miniature that can be dissambled reasonably to begin with. The freezer trick (and simple green) won't work on proper plastic solvents, and god help you if you get one of those tanks where the dude decided the best course was to smear it with JB weld or fill every cavity full of epoxy. Used is fine if you are happy with how it is put together or plan to totally wreck it anyway, but for a project I would buy new.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Ashcans posted:

Magnetizing a big piece like that is a huge pain in the rear end, and trying to do it with a salvaged model is only going to make it worse. I mean maybe the price difference will make it worthwhile, but I doubt it.

This is assuming that you get a miniature that can be dissambled reasonably to begin with. The freezer trick (and simple green) won't work on proper plastic solvents, and god help you if you get one of those tanks where the dude decided the best course was to smear it with JB weld or fill every cavity full of epoxy. Used is fine if you are happy with how it is put together or plan to totally wreck it anyway, but for a project I would buy new.

I can't speak for getting the glue undone, but I found magnetizing the doors/sponsons on a pred/rhino super easy.

There's actually just enough clearance between the inside of the sponson and the outside of the hatch for two 1/8" magnets (depending on your thickness I suppose. Mine are probably 1/16" tall). And the doors are light enough that even though the magnets are still probably 1/8" from each other, they don't fall off.

Now, If you don't have doors, you will have exposed magnetry when you take the sponsons off, which is kinda ugly. You could greenstuff something pretty around them if you were so inclined though?

That's really the only part you have to magnetize as well. Everything else just plops on top of the tank and you can leave to gravity. I can post pics later but it's pretty straightforward.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah I know it can be a crapshoot with used models, but for £30 delivered for 3 vehicles, all of which can be modified, it ain't a bad deal. If the conversion is a PITA it's still something to do on an evening :)

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Does anyone have a single space marine they want to sell for super cheap? I just want one to practice some scultping on so it's not too important what kind or whether it is painted or assembled. Metal or plastic will work.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Are you in the UK? I have a bunch of older ones from a job lot sale on eBay.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

No I'm in the U.S.

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.

TarDolphinorShark posted:

Does anyone have a single space marine they want to sell for super cheap? I just want one to practice some scultping on so it's not too important what kind or whether it is painted or assembled. Metal or plastic will work.

If you are by a GW store they give you a free one to paint up to get into the hobby. That's probably the fastest way to get one. They are the lovely snap together ones though.

If no one says yes then I can send you my only loyal marine I have for just S/H.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Commandante posted:

BTW, that converted sentinel, what models are they counted as?

Daemon princes, generally. One has wings and is a Bloodthirster I think:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Wouldn't you know it, 1x0.5mm magnets? Kind of small. These things always look smaller when you have one in your hand. In hindsight, magnetising Sybarite arms probably wasn't my best idea to date, bloody twiggy Eldar.

Chiming in with my experience with magnetising a Predator/Rhino, I glued a single 1mm thick magnet on the inside door and another on the back of the sponson and outer hatch, then added a loose magnet to strengthen the grip and sometimes a second loose magnet if I'm using Rhino hatches. This gives a very strong hold and fits drat near perfectly. It does use up 6-8 magnets but they're cheap so who cares?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

If you're near Seattle, I can hook you up.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

I'm in Springfield VA so I can head out the store for the free one, I never heard about getting a free dude though how do I go about that?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Not sure where to put this, and I still haven't caught up on this thread(only...5000 posts behind :smith: ) but if anyone is interested in an Abomination level of Zombicide, the person I was going to play with suddenly moved to Colorado. So if anyone's interested, I'd swap it for a Vampire-level Bones Kickstarter set, which is an equivalent exchange, since both are the $100 rank.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min

This is the Zombicide boardgame set, it comes with 114 minis, including Bruce Willis:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide

If interested, shoot me a PM and we can finagle a deal. I can also chip in money for the extra sets they offer, like the cthulu one.

edit: it looks like the Abomination pack is selling for 200+ dollars on Ebay, so I'm gonna do that, and then buy one or maybe two Vampire packs instead, or one and all of the extras. :3:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 14, 2012

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Scowny posted:

Has anyone picked up the Wargames Factory Shock Troops? With Allies in the game now, I'm thinking about re-starting a planned Chaos army, going with smallish Tratior Guard/Word Bearers/Daemon sections to mix and match. The Shock Troops are apparently about the size of Marines, which I don't have too much of a problem with except I was thinking taking the FW Renegade Enforcers as Commissars - if they're too different in size, that might look a little off.

Pictures for reference:

From pages back; but if you want traitor guard try looking at stuff from Victoria Lamb. http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/

Also she has just released gas masks and goggles that can be used on any miniature; pretty cool stuff.

http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/gas-mask-and-goggles-sprue

Plus who can't love these guys?

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

I'm in Springfield VA so I can head out the store for the free one, I never heard about getting a free dude though how do I go about that?

Walk in, look confident the way a normal, healthy socialized individual would. The GW manager will move up on you just like Samara from The Ring. This will make you feel incredibly uneasy. Allow this feeling to be expressed fully on your face. As he begins emitting a chorus of gurgling and shrieking, like a pile of nurglings tickling a Keeper of Secrets, you will probably feel yourself shifting your weight as if you are about to bolt for the door. The door may have disappeared by this point, somehow, but don't worry, this is all according to plan.

He will ask you if you'd had an emeter test, and if so, how many thetans you have. Also he'll want you to borrow money from family. Gloss over this part, and act interested in what the 'hobby' is about without being specific--remember, you're just a normal adult who accidentally came into the store--maybe looking for an age-appropriate present for a nephew, or curious about what kind of store it was. If the GW employee has a central nervous system (8+ on 2d6 checked at the beginning of their player turn), then they will notice that you are uneasy and likely to leave. Look around a little and ask about some space marines--be sure to use the appropriate ignorant phrase 'these blue darth vader guys'. Let his vomitous and insane monologue wash over you as he tries to convince you that they are incredible and you should buy them. Then, as he concludes his statement, turn the box over, look at the price, widen your eyes, and then while turning back to him to hear the end of his comments, put the box back on the shelf.

At this point, blood should be pouring out his ears. Say something like 'man, I don't know if I could even paint these guys--that looks really hard'. If he does not suggest that you can have one to try at this point, lay it on thicker saying something like 'man, I wish I could just try it out without spending...' pick up something at random 'oh Wow!... heh. yeah...'. If he still doesn't make a suggestion, try asking him 'how do people get into this--do people just come in and buy these sets without ever having painted or put anything together? If you're particularly unlucky, he may have rolled under 8 on the central nervous system check for 5 straight turns, at which point, you should probably just leave and come back.

Remember, you cannot buy anything from this creature until they give you the free space marine to paint. Otherwise you are a whore, and they know you are a whore, and they will treat you like a whore.

You filthy goddamned whore.

Move to seattle. I have extra space marines coming out my rear end.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I've got so many I'll just give you one. I live in MD.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Wow. TCM strikes again. :stare:

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Thanks Beer,

Do you ever venture out to the Springfield area or should I slip you a few bucks for shipping?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Move to seattle. I have extra space marines coming out my rear end.

What part of Seattle? Bellevue, SODO, West Seattle, Lake lovely, Kirkland, ect...

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Necrons just got a new Forgeworld unit

Fast Attack, melta stealth jump infantry. They look boss too.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

You filthy goddamned whore.
Just another day at the office!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

7thBatallion posted:

What part of Seattle? Bellevue, SODO, West Seattle, Lake lovely, Kirkland, ect...

Ballard, but will be in south shoreline soon. Smegmalicious is also in ballard. He is my boxing trainer.

You should go to his Gym. It is Ballard Barbell and Boxing gym.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I played the best game of 40k I have ever played last Tuesday against one of the best players in the club and barely beat him on at The Relic/Hammer and Anvil. I setup first and he seized. A few notable things: His first shot was a Russ battle cannon into my back row of chimeras and caught two of them in the blast though cover saves and penned on both and blew them up AND pinned my CCS. :mad: He also demeched a platoon command squad that had 4 flamers in it and they got pinned in front of his blob of bloodletters lead by Skulltaker. He also had a perfect Manticore shot on turn two which exploded my Manticore. Oh and I tried to drop an infantry squad out via grav shute deployment and they scattered just enough to be destroyed. :eng99:

I had a few moments of my own though: I charged and wrecked his manticore with a frag grenade wielding infantry squad that bailed out of a vendetta the turn before. I also killed Skulltaker and the remainder of his bloodletters using overwatch flamers and had the pro-est "poo poo I didn't think of that" move in the last turn when I drove a chimera into the ruin that his guy with the relic was hiding in flamed him, rolled ones :ohdear: then had the guys in the back kill him with shotguns, meltas, and a thrown krak grenade forcing him to drop the relic and letting me win on secondary objectives.

That game was also a good test drive for my list that I am using in the tournament this Saturday, honestly I am thinking my(modified) chimera spam is alive and well. :3:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thanks Beer,

Do you ever venture out to the Springfield area or should I slip you a few bucks for shipping?

The manager of the Springfield GW is actually a pretty good warham for a gw employee

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Naramyth posted:

I played the best game of 40k I have ever played last Tuesday against one of the best players in the club and barely beat him on at The Relic/Hammer and Anvil. I setup first and he seized. A few notable things: His first shot was a Russ battle cannon into my back row of chimeras and caught two of them in the blast though cover saves and penned on both and blew them up AND pinned my CCS. :mad: He also demeched a platoon command squad that had 4 flamers in it and they got pinned in front of his blob of bloodletters lead by Skulltaker. He also had a perfect Manticore shot on turn two which exploded my Manticore. Oh and I tried to drop an infantry squad out via grav shute deployment and they scattered just enough to be destroyed. :eng99:

I had a few moments of my own though: I charged and wrecked his manticore with a frag grenade wielding infantry squad that bailed out of a vendetta the turn before. I also killed Skulltaker and the remainder of his bloodletters using overwatch flamers and had the pro-est "poo poo I didn't think of that" move in the last turn when I drove a chimera into the ruin that his guy with the relic was hiding in flamed him, rolled ones :ohdear: then had the guys in the back kill him with shotguns, meltas, and a thrown krak grenade forcing him to drop the relic and letting me win on secondary objectives.

That game was also a good test drive for my list that I am using in the tournament this Saturday, honestly I am thinking my(modified) chimera spam is alive and well. :3:

Throw a krak for the win, pretty funny stuff. It sounds like you guys had a blast (no pun intended.) What were your lists, out of curiosity? I really want to play some Daemons and I'm wondering if they do well as IG allies or if I should wait for CSM.

I told you kraks on Infantry Squads are worth it :cool:

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

The relic is probably my fav scenario. Last time I played it the middle of the board just happened to be a 5 story ruin. That made for a very tense match.

cat with hands fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Phyresis posted:

Throw a krak for the win, pretty funny stuff. It sounds like you guys had a blast (no pun intended.) What were your lists, out of curiosity? I really want to play some Daemons and I'm wondering if they do well as IG allies or if I should wait for CSM.

I told you kraks on Infantry Squads are worth it :cool:

The Krak grenade was from a Vet squad. :frogc00l:

He ran(Guard primary)

Skulltaker and a blob of bloodletters(10 I think)
Small group of Bloodletters
3 Flamers of Tzeech
Russ
Manticore
Vendetta
CCS on foot with all advisors and a Lascannon
3 vet squads in chimeras(2 melta, 1 plasma)

I had:

Plasma CCS with advisors in chimera
3 vendettas with infantry squads
Manticore
Pskyer battle squad in chimera
2 melta vets in chimera
2 infantry squads with flamers in chimeras
platoon command squad with 4 flamers in chimera
5 man melta storm troopers

That first russ blast hit my PBS and CCS chimeras, mostly wiping them out.

We did 2k and I was a little stretched with the models I had on hand(I would have used a russ and I wanted to try the melta storm troopers). The demons were pretty cool and chopped through things like he wanted but I would be worried about getting tied up and not being able to shoot at them, but on the other hand they are an excellent distraction/tar pit for things like jumper BAs but then that is a completely different list from simply having more shooting.

Honestly in it felt really close but after killing his relic carrier he only had a chimera left on the field and I still had my Company commander+advisors, 2 vendettas, a squad sitting in his deployment zone, a sargent+flamer on foot near the relic and the vet squad and chimera.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 14, 2012

• Locked thread