Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

catte: THERE WILL BE NO PEACE ON MY WATCH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMJeTv6P9M

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

a thin line between between insanity and sanity

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BXCX posted:

a thin line between between insanity and sanity

do not touch that cat, bust out da bird instead

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

graph posted:

do not touch that cat, bust out da bird instead

current status: reluctant acceptance of head scratchin

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

BXCX posted:

current status: reluctant acceptance of head scratchin

Look at dat back paw.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

my catte creepin on dis thread

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

A Curvy Goonette posted:

i imagine a gentleman with a large beard wandering his fields followed by a herd of cats.

the alexander shulgin of cattes. going back to his laboratory to make new cat tripping concotions

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Drink and Fight posted:

crosspost from PI:

What is everyone's favorite automated cat box? I have a Litter Robot, which owns, but two of my cats won't use it. I also have a Scoop Free automatic, which is ok, but I'm sick of paying for crystals.

I gave up on autopoopboxes long ago. Recently after a long time of using feline pine because it really does control stink well I got tired as poo poo of dust getting everywhere and found out about the Breeze litter system which, yes, forces you to buy special litter and pads, but holy poo poo no loving dust anywhere. I've been going through so much feline pine anyway that even buying the pads and litter rocks you have to change once a month it's still running me a bit cheaper. You have to clean the poop manually, but drat it's great not having litter dust everywhere.

2 cats and one of these boxes averages about a pad change every 3 days from my experience. Gonna get a 2nd one of these boxes I think.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i've been happy with costco's litter in the big green container for like $8. clumps well, doesn't make a ton of dust, and does an alright job controlling smell. one of those automatic timer spraying air freshener things is a nice addition to the room. a good air cleaner helps a lot too.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
i should get one of those. i use world's best because flushing it down the toilet is a great bonus for me instead of dumping it in a separate trash can (i live in an apartment, no garage to put dirty litter in) but even with the scented multicat formula some poops can stink up the entire apartment

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Drink and Fight posted:

crosspost from PI:

What is everyone's favorite automated cat box? I have a Litter Robot, which owns, but two of my cats won't use it. I also have a Scoop Free automatic, which is ok, but I'm sick of paying for crystals.

We've had a CatGenie for the last couple of years and love it, no scooping, no litter, no mess.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
these little plastic wiffle golf balls are good cat toys, carmen approves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4y67DKgN8

http://www.amazon.com/Orlimar-Limit...d+practice+ball

i got a big bag at target for not a lot of money

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
i use a litter robot and it saved my non-existant marriage.

our two large male cats poop like the dickens in there and attack the tiny little arm that raises up to open the poop trap door.

basically, what im saying is a $300+ litter box is the best thing ever.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Cat: Attained.

She spent about five hours hiding somewhere in the house, emerging briefly when I set down Solid Gold to go "holy poo poo this is amazing." Then all of a sudden, about 30 minutes ago, apparently the switched flipped from "hide" to "HELLO THERE" and she's been running around, purring so loudly I can hear her from four feet away, and throwing herself at my hand for attention.

She is a tiny little cat, but she weighs around 9 pounds, so it's all compact. I've already nicknamed her Meatbrick after a name someone in a PI livestock thread used for one of their goats, though her proper name is Kiska. I would post pictures but she won't stop moving!

All I know is that there's a magical world behind the TV and apparently moths taste delicious.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Current Charlie Kitty and Appa status:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Tendai posted:

Then all of a sudden, about 30 minutes ago, apparently the switched flipped from "hide" to "HELLO THERE" and she's been running around, purring so loudly I can hear her from four feet away, and throwing herself at my hand for attention.

It's great, that moment a timid cat you've just taken in learns to trust you. Lenny hid for hours under the work bench in the garage, and after I'd spent a good part of that time lying on the cement floor trying to talk him out, he decided to approach me & lay across my belly like it was his favorite pillow. From that point on I was his property.

beatlegs fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 15, 2012

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

please stop posting your 50 shades of grey fanfic in the cat thread

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

beatlegs posted:

It's great, that moment a timid cat you've just taken in learns to trust you. Lenny hid for hours under the work bench in the garage, and after I'd spent a good part of that time lying on the cement floor trying to talk him out, he decided to approach me & lay across my belly like it was his favorite pillow. From that point on I was his property.
I kept being vaguely afraid that she had somehow, magically, found a way to slip outside. No sign of her whatsoever, period. Then boom, all of a sudden the house is filled with cat. I keep trying to get pictures but she is not standing still. I get a body and then a blur of a head because she's rubbing it against everything.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
heh heh heh

wakey wakey esteban

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
:siren: FORK BOMB :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4ffqXg6RA

:siren: FORK BOMB :siren:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

CaptainMeatpants posted:

please stop posting your 50 shades of grey fanfic in the cat thread

jesus, thanks for making me realize how incredibly gay that sounded

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

A Curvy Goonette posted:

i should get one of those. i use world's best because flushing it down the toilet is a great bonus for me instead of dumping it in a separate trash can (i live in an apartment, no garage to put dirty litter in) but even with the scented multicat formula some poops can stink up the entire apartment

my strategy is to scoop the litter box into a grocery bag and carry it out to the trash every morning when i leave for work.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
PrettyFace update:

He has also gone from hiding in the bedroom all day, making me wonder if he teleported back down to the basement, to now wandering the house at all hours talking to himself. He jumps on my lap while I watch TV and makes the stupidest biscuit face while kneading my tummy and drooling, then lies down for five minutes or so before remembering an important cat thing he had to do and running off.

Hockey (existing cat) isn't hissing anymore, and is even calling PF over to play. This is going better than expected.

:3:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Busket_in_Posket posted:

PrettyFace update:

He has also gone from hiding in the bedroom all day, making me wonder if he teleported back down to the basement, to now wandering the house at all hours talking to himself. He jumps on my lap while I watch TV and makes the stupidest biscuit face while kneading my tummy and drooling, then lies down for five minutes or so before remembering an important cat thing he had to do and running off.

Hockey (existing cat) isn't hissing anymore, and is even calling PF over to play. This is going better than expected.

:3:

PrettyFace sounds like a good catte.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Busket_in_Posket posted:

PrettyFace update:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

relative_q posted:

my strategy is to scoop the litter box into a grocery bag and carry it out to the trash every morning when i leave for work.
same

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i have a litter maid elite and it's p awesome. I empty the receptacle every 3 days and never have to worry about scooping. The only issue is finding how much litter you can put at a time. My catte had the tendency of pooping (and burying) on the same half so if I fill it to where they tell you to the thing gets clogged up and jam. So I have it about half full and throw some more every time I empty it out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Curvy Goonette posted:

what we do is keep the last litter container we emptied and use that for poopz

when u run out of litter in your main container, you just chunk the poop boxxe into trash and rotate out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nice font rendering

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i get litter in bags so that doesn't work for me.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.amazon.com/Litter-Locker-Hygenic-Soiled-Disposal/dp/B004EEN5BE Litter Lockers are really handy

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

owls are pretty much the best bird

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i got the older version of this http://www.amazon.com/Litter-Locker-Hygenic-Soiled-Disposal/dp/B004EEN5BE

works good enough

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Jonny 290 posted:

what we do is keep the last litter container we emptied and use that for poopz

when u run out of litter in your main container, you just chunk the poop boxxe into trash and rotate out

brb, rotating dem poops

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

box from Amaz0rn

aaag

edit: don't leave me like thiiiiis

PipeRifle fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 15, 2012

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god drat you are so lucky man

you're always getting winked at
ALWAYS

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

It's good that he's a good cat for lookin' at because basically that's all he's good for

I mean, Fergus is the definition of an attention seeking pet-me pet-me cat and Reuben is the definition of an aloof, couldn't-give-a-gently caress cat. Lays down just outside petting range, jumps off the lap if you put him there (unless you're wearing the fuzzy blanket), won't stay on the bed or couch if you sit down next to him

But he pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Leeloo and Elmer won't stop fighting. I'm starting to loose patience. Anyone have any tricks aside from spraying them with water (doesn't work well) or just keeping them separated?

Here is a picture of a catte named Thor that has decided to join a band on the road.