Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nargle ate the entire drawstring out of a hoodie when we were away on vaca once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Reuben gets the poop crazies and runs around the house like a madman immediately after using the box and I also go "WOOP! WOOP!" and run after him and he just goes nuts, tearing back and forth at full speed with his ears flat back while I run after him waving my arms and going "WOOOOP! YOUR BUTT IS HAUNTED!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jonny 290 posted:

posting to give some daisy props btw. that is a pretty kitty
Thanks. I know she's no YOSPOS superstar catte like Lou and Teddy but she's my special girl.

Re: poo ghosts. Can you blame the catte? Catte poop smells terrible. They're probably holding their breath.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Chorrax posted:

Lou update:

He spent a week with my gf's parents while we were away and got fleas somehow, even though he never goes outside. I gave him 2 flea baths and I've been brushing him three times a day atleast. Haven't seen any for 2 days now but just the thought makes me itch.

Hahaha, oh Lou.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

TheQat posted:

Having a longhaired cat for the first time is the worst when you first learn the hard way that you have to trim their rear end hair or end up with fossilized poo poo covered in hair attached to your cat

One time Steamboat came out of the litterbox with poo attached and started to sit down next to my wife on the couch, she saw the turd and screamed which freaked out the cat and he launched away, sending the poo bouncing across the room

also the same cat used to run around the house like he was possessed immediately after pooping, but now he's 14 with kidney issues so not so much

:\

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
When Kiska gets excited, which takes roughly a minute of petting her, she flops onto her side, flails around on her back for a few seconds, then starts dragging herself like a worm over the floor by hooking her front claws into the carpet.

This cat... :catstare:

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
pic

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

vid

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

holo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tendai posted:

When Kiska gets excited, which takes roughly a minute of petting her, she flops onto her side, flails around on her back for a few seconds, then starts dragging herself like a worm over the floor by hooking her front claws into the carpet.

This cat... :catstare:

nargle sandworms all over the fuckin place. theyre basically stretching iirc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PipeRifle posted:

Reuben gets the poop crazies and runs around the house like a madman immediately after using the box and I also go "WOOP! WOOP!" and run after him and he just goes nuts, tearing back and forth at full speed with his ears flat back while I run after him waving my arms and going "WOOOOP! YOUR BUTT IS HAUNTED!"

one of my cattes does the same drat thing, and we even call it the poop crazies.

are you my wife?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

god drat trophy is just the best

here's zoey

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Zoey has the prettiest eyes.

Workin' on it. My terrible phone doesn't take good pictures even when something is perfectly still. Luckily I will be upgrading to a good one on the 20th and then, sandworm cats all day erry day.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 15, 2012

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dur posted:

god drat trophy is just the best

here's zoey

cattes outside are so pretty b/c you can see their eyes better when their pupils constrict

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Cattes, while you're not looking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JynBEX_kg8

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Jonny 290 posted:

cattes outside are so pretty b/c you can see their eyes better when their pupils constrict

they're revealed as the lizards they are

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

my neighbors gave their grey tabby a lion-cut and i laugh eery time i see it stalking through the bushes or running away from me (because it is a skittish cat)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

met this fatte catte on the walk home from the metro. she was v nice and just wanted some scritches.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

PipeRifle posted:

"WOOOOP! YOUR BUTT IS HAUNTED!"

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Package from dee eight arrived today.

Entire apartment reeks of catte weede from one small toy, and both cats are blitzed out of their minds ~5min in. They are best friends right now, telling each other 'Nam tales and promising to buy a bar together one day.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I really want to adopt a catte again, how do I make it so a small house doesn't smell like catte poo poo all the time (assuming I clean the box every other day)

Mr. Bonkers
Sep 21, 2006

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak

Golden-i posted:

I really want to adopt a catte again, how do I make it so a small house doesn't smell like catte poo poo all the time (assuming I clean the box every other day)

Also what do you guys do when you go on holidays? Say 1-2 weeks.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Just do what I do and have fork bomb come over and pet your cats for you while you're gone

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Mr. Bonkers posted:

Also what do you guys do when you go on holidays? Say 1-2 weeks.

Abandon all of my pets for 1-2 weeks like any sane person would, of course

No they go to a friend's place, they already said they'd take care of the dog when I leave town and love cats so that's not a problem. I've got a couple pet tortoises and even have a friend come by to throw food at them every other day while I'm gone.

Well, technically I pay the friend for this so it's more of a servant?

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
That wasn't hypothetical, this all took place last november while I was in PA on a BS business trip

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
That reminds me of the situation human being Charlie and Dazzler were in when I moved in - their rear end in a top hat owner would leave a bucket of food and a bucket of water, and would come by about once a week to give more and clean the box when she wasn't working or living at her boyfriend's house. Poor cats :smith:

Mr. Bonkers
Sep 21, 2006

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak

PipeRifle posted:

Just do what I do and have fork bomb come over and pet your cats for you while you're gone

Let's assume fork bomb is on holidays with you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Busket_in_Posket posted:

Entire apartment reeks of catte weede from one small toy, and both cats are blitzed out of their minds ~5min in.

awesome

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think im gonna nippe out nargle, brb

La petite z0rt
Aug 4, 2012

Busket_in_Posket posted:

Entire apartment reeks of catte weede from one small toy, and both cats are blitzed out of their minds ~5min in. They are best friends right now, telling each other 'Nam tales and promising to buy a bar together one day.

fuuuck u for not taking videos

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
I only brought it up because I make a point to pet every cat at petsmart whenever I'm nearby and I saw this girl:

I couldn't get her to back up to get a picture without bars because she would not stop demanding pets, and was very insistent that I gave them to her.

And I did.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Golden-i posted:

I only brought it up because I make a point to pet every cat at petsmart whenever I'm nearby and I saw this girl:

I couldn't get her to back up to get a picture without bars because she would not stop demanding pets, and was very insistent that I gave them to her.

And I did.

Go get that catte. We have a nice big litter box with a lid and don't live in a huge place. Only time a I notice a smell is right after they have used the box.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
current catte status:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Funhilde posted:

Go get that catte.

Trust me, I want to. That cat loves up and has fur like a chinchilla. I gotta convince MY GIRLFRIEND that the cat won't stink or damage furniture or anything like that. human being Charlie wasn't declawed and never damaged poo poo (thanks to rubbing nip on the scratching posts and shooting nerf guns at the fucker when he tried to scratch elsewhere) but she hates the smell of cat.

gently caress. I want that cat.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Busket_in_Posket posted:

Entire apartment reeks of catte weede from one small toy

it really is the dankest stuff i've ever seen

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Golden-i posted:

Trust me, I want to. That cat loves up and has fur like a chinchilla. I gotta convince MY GIRLFRIEND that the cat won't stink or damage furniture or anything like that. human being Charlie wasn't declawed and never damaged poo poo (thanks to rubbing nip on the scratching posts and shooting nerf guns at the fucker when he tried to scratch elsewhere) but she hates the smell of cat.

gently caress. I want that cat.

Get soft Paws for the claws and be good about the litter all the time. :)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Golden-i posted:

And I did.

holy poo poo

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Funhilde posted:

Get soft Paws for the claws and be good about the litter all the time. :)

GETTE DATTE CATTE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
soft paws are fashionable and classy for today's sophisticated catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

PipeRifle posted:

Doin this next time Nigel gets the poop scoot boogie goin.

Edit: ^^ How long do those last normally? And how hard are they to put on? Sam would probably sit still and cooperate long enough for me to apply them, but Nigel always squirms when I Pet-i-cure his claws. I'd have to ninja them on, and hope they stuck cuz he'd be tearing around immediately.

woodch fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 16, 2012