Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
Played some online today as Elizabeth and felt pretty good when two people rage quit on me by disconnecting after I kicked their rear end.

Then I realized that my PSN name is actually JumboX27 and not my SA username.

Finally, I played with some goons just now and got my rear end handed to me. Got a lot of practice ahead of me before the tourney on Friday.

I've added everyone who's said that they're a scrub and on PS3. Here's the current list of PSN goon scrubs:
adamkirby1 (plays Yukiko) (skype: SA_Spiffo)
Fumaofthelake (plays Elizabeth)
RevolverChicken7 (plays Yosuke)
Static_Rook (plays Kanji)
cveachmartin (plays Yukiko?)
Cake__Attack (plays Labrys/Yu)
Drinkmorewater (plays Random:siren:)
FreyaXI (hasn't unwrapped game yet)
purgatos (plays Elizabeth/Labrys)
Dezinus (plays jobs)
LawnGnomeAttack (plays Kanji/Chie)
MangaCarta (plays one (1) Labrys combo)
SA_Pause (plays Yukiko)
DarkHamsterlord (plays Smash Bros)
sidereal89 (plays Mitsuru)
Jbug13 (likes Chie)
TheJoker138 (plays Chie)
Hace (plays Labrys/Akihiko)
ShadowNinja64 (plays Slabrys's D button)
Troffen (plays 3 Labrys combos)
TheArchimage (plays Chie)

VVVVVVV Changed it. SA_Pause was one of the goons who kicked my butt a few min ago. Except at the time I was Elizabeth and they were either Yosuke or Labby. I gotta get better. I am not a good Elizabeth player.

JumbocactuarX27 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Is there room in the PSN tourney for someone who hasn't played more than five matches of any fighting games other than Super Smash Bros (I understand this doesn't count, it's really a party game), until now? I'll probably get eliminated immediately, but I'd have fun anyway!

Also, for anyone who wants to play with a total scrub, feel free to add me on PSN. My name is DarkHamsterlord, same as my username here.

This was me too, and I entered anyway. We will see what happens but I will most likely get swept in the first round. Its all fun really so why not just try?

Also, I just found out that SA_Pause plays Elizabeth, if thats something you wanna update.

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words
PSN: sidereal89

I've been using Mitsuru exclusively pretty much, she is too easy/awesome to give up. I need as much practice as I can get as I am unemployed and am in a tournament for $50 this weekend. Help me buy bread.

sexart fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 16, 2012

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited

Great Lakes Log posted:

This was me too, and I entered anyway. We will see what happens but I will most likely get swept in the first round. Its all fun really so why not just try?

Also, I just found out that SA_Pause plays Elizabeth, if thats something you wanna update.

Not elizabeth, Yukiko! Also good games everyone, that was pretty fun

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Good game, goons who showed up to the room over the last hour. Was fun. I have no idea how to fight Yukikos yet.

Sulfurouscosine
Feb 4, 2009
You can feel free to add me on psn Jbug13. I am so-so. I have taken a liking to Chie, but I am relatively bad at anyone who can zone decently.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I was the Yosuke player, Jumbo. Don't think I got a chance to play you, though I think you might have spectated me VS Magna, who plays Labrys.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

Played some online today as Elizabeth and felt pretty good when two people rage quit on me by disconnecting after I kicked their rear end.

Then I realized that my PSN name is actually JumboX27 and not my SA username.

Finally, I played with some goons just now and got my rear end handed to me. Got a lot of practice ahead of me before the tourney on Friday.

I've added everyone who's said that they're a scrub and on PS3. Here's the current list of PSN goon scrubs:
SA_Spiffo (plays Yukiko)
Fumaofthelake (plays Elizabeth)
RevolverChicken7 (plays Yosuke)
Static_Rook (plays Kanji)
cveachmartin (plays Yukiko?)
Cake__Attack (plays Labrys/Yu)
Drinkmorewater (plays Random:siren:)
FreyaXI (hasn't unwrapped game yet)
purgatos (plays Elizabeth/Labrys)
Dezinus (plays jobs)
LawnGnomeAttack (plays Kanji/Chie)
MangaCarta (plays one (1) Labrys combo)
SA_Pause (plays Yukiko)
DarkHamsterlord (plays Smash Bros)
sidereal89 (plays Mitsuru)

VVVVVVV Changed it. SA_Pause was one of the goons who kicked my butt a few min ago. Except at the time I was Elizabeth and they were either Yosuke or Labby. I gotta get better. I am not a good Elizabeth player.

I'm a scrub on PS3 as well, PSN is the same as my forum name. I mainly play as Chie.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Goddddddd Mitsuru is such a pain to fight against, she has so many ways to shut yukiko down. Any tips for yukiko vs. mitsuru?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I am a scrub Labrys and Akihiko player, PSN is Hace

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Oxxidation posted:

So I'm seeing PSN tossed around a lot. Is the 360 scene a ghost town, or what?

This is an entry in a series of games that has had every installment on a Sony console, and part of a larger franchise that has been primarily based on Sony consoles.

Anyone who even remotely cares about this game is probably getting it for PS3 for that reason. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

The Hater posted:

Goddddddd Mitsuru is such a pain to fight against, she has so many ways to shut yukiko down. Any tips for yukiko vs. mitsuru?

The general agreement on the dustloop thread seems to be that you're in a horrible match-up and basically have to rely on just keeping away.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Everyone mentioning PS3 were scrubs, maybe the 360 folks don't feel as if they are rear end :smugdog:

Anyway I'm on both systems if you wanna fight Aigis.

360: buhbuhbox
PS3: Buhbuhj

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Is there a metatag up for this yet?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Hater posted:

Yeah. Pick a different character.

Combos and hit confirms are pretty drat easy in this game, so like, learn another character for your bad matchups dude.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

Yeah. Pick a different character.

Combos and hit confirms are pretty drat easy in this game, so like, learn another character for your bad matchups dude.

Yeah I planned on picking up someone since I'm starting to get the hang of Yukiko a bit, I just haven't figured out who yet. Wanted to try shadow labrys but she seems like too much work for little reward. Who is Mitsuru's worst matchup? Does she even have one?

vvv Good games by the way! I think I got a little better against Mitsuru after playing you

The Hater fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 16, 2012

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

The Hater posted:

Yeah I planned on picking up someone since I'm starting to get the hang of Yukiko a bit, I just haven't figured out who yet. Wanted to try shadow labrys but she seems like too much work for little reward. Who is Mitsuru's worst matchup? Does she even have one?

Mitsuru's worst match up is her mirror. You must become Shadow Mitsuru if you wish to win.

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words

Buhbuhj posted:

Mitsuru's worst match up is her mirror. You must become Shadow Mitsuru if you wish to win.

Literally this. Though Elizabeth and Kanji give me issues, its probably because I suck reacting to command grab characters.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I play Slabrys because I enjoy holding D for long stretches of time. PSN is ShadowNinja64.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Hater posted:

Not elizabeth, Yukiko! Also good games everyone, that was pretty fun

Oops! Who was playing Liz then?

Chickenfrogman posted:

Good game, goons who showed up to the room over the last hour. Was fun. I have no idea how to fight Yukikos yet.

And I have no idea how to fight Yosukes but you punished me enough that I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Really any character with a solid ranged game can shut me down as Labrys if I screw up my approaches, but live and learn.

Hope more people make a room in the future, its pretty fun.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
So is the PS3 tournament Thursday or Friday?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

If you feel compelled to Pick a Top Tier (registered trademark of Sanford Kelly), Youtube channel CrossCounta has a nice Mitsuru video up with BnBs off various openings and in various situations with annotations to explain what the combo is and why it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wlD0RJM8M

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I picked Mitsuru before I knew she was any good cause she has nice rear end in a top hat normals and a pimp coat.

But yeah Mitsuru is great, only bad(?) thing about her, is you can't get any big damage outside of a corner unless you nail someone with an ice whip, and whiffing one can get you killed.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Yeah, it's not like it's ridiculously easy to push someone into the corner because you completely dominate neutral with Mitsuru's moveset!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

interrodactyl posted:

Yeah, it's not like it's ridiculously easy to push someone into the corner because you completely dominate neutral with Mitsuru's moveset!

Well of course, but just saying her damage until she hits corner is unarguably fairly poor(short of risky ice-whip) compared to the rest of the cast, as she doesn't have much to take advantage of stuff like OMC's and OMB.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Any 360 goons still online tonight?

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

I'm Troffen on PSN if people want to play Labrys. I know three combos, by the by :smug:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
...if Mitsuru lands full 6C or 4C on fatal she gets a free 4.2 combo with marin karin meter drain. She gains 50+ meter and you gain none. Midscreen

She has additional combos that do similar damage for using OMC off regular hit iirc. Which is about the same I spend meter wise on EX moves that leave my opponent on the other side of the screen. Not directly next to me to get owned some more.

So yeah man she's actually really good everywhere.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

NecroMonster posted:

Combos and hit confirms are pretty drat easy in this game

If your character is easier to play than Yukiko you can go to hell, if you think confirming random hits into Maragi loops is easy you can go to hell, eat my go to hell option select

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

The Hater posted:

Be careful about calling out your Persona with C attacks randomly like you can against some other characters. Don't throw too many fans if you're too close to her. Don't be afraid to slap Mitsuru around with your A attack, but be prepared to get DP'd a lot. Do random all out attacks against Mitsuru pokes. Yukiko has a good all out attack. I think Yukiko's DP beats Mitsuru's, but Yukiko only does 100 damage with hers and if you guess wrong you're eating a full combo. If you're trying to call out a DP, it's better to just block and punish her with something BEFORE Mitsuru hits the ground. If she hits the ground with 50 meter you might eat a super to the face for trying to punish the DP.

So basically, all your tools suck against Mitsuru and you have to outsmart her every game. In my opinion, Yukiko has to outsmart every opponent in order to win. Some matchups she needs to do it more than others.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
I'm still trying to figure out why Atlus wanted to make a P4 fighting game, made a large percentage of the characters not from P4, and then made all top tier characters those from P3.

I think I'm going to finish up the story mode and then move on to something else. I appreciate the extra P4 story, but I just can't get into online play at all.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I'm still trying to figure out why Atlus wanted to make a P4 fighting game, made a large percentage of the characters not from P4, and then made all top tier characters those from P3.

Hint: Developers don't decide what characters are top tier.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

MelvinTheJerk posted:

P4 doesnt have enough main characters for a 60 dollar fighting game, so they dipped into the P3 cast too. Also as Jmcrofts said, developers dont decide on the tiers.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Evil Canadian posted:

Well of course, but just saying her damage until she hits corner is unarguably fairly poor(short of risky ice-whip) compared to the rest of the cast, as she doesn't have much to take advantage of stuff like OMC's and OMB.

Uh...are we playing the same game? Her damage anywhere on screen is fantastic. You can easily get 2.5k for little effort, and if you land a 5B FC you get corner carry and more damage on top of that.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Jmcrofts posted:

Hint: Developers don't decide what characters are top tier.

Well...mostly. There's stuff like AE Yun and Yang.

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I think I'm going to finish up the story mode and then move on to something else. I appreciate the extra P4 story, but I just can't get into online play at all.

All the characters from P4 are in it. Oh no theres extra characters, Atlus is loving us again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

demons. posted:

All the characters from P4 are in it.

Dojima :colbert:

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

IIRC he was proposed as a character but it was shot down.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

MelvinTheJerk posted:

In what world is 4/13 a large percentage? Or are you counting Labrys, the original character who's pretty much a P4 character since her debut game is a P4 sequel and she goes through the whole P4 "face yourself thing"?

Aside from that, P4's entire cast of playable characters is in this game. The only thing they could really do from here on the P4 front is throw in villains/NPCs or do gimmicky crap, and that wouldn't mesh too well with the fact that this game is trying to have a story consistent with P4.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

demons. posted:

IIRC he was proposed as a character but it was shot down.

Funky Student :colbert:

• Locked thread