Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011

JawKnee posted:

Can anyone suggest a decent mod for allowing (GRA) weapon mods to be used with their vanilla counter-parts (that is, non-(GRA) weapons)? Preferably one that will play nice with Right to Bear Arms.

I think Right to Bear Arms has a system to turn non-GRA weapons into GRA weapons. (or was it the other way around?) Check out that machine that makes weapons mods from blanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Still needs a buncha stuff done on it

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

bee burger posted:

I think Right to Bear Arms has a system to turn non-GRA weapons into GRA weapons. (or was it the other way around?) Check out that machine that makes weapons mods from blanks.

Yes It does and it works both ways. You have to pay for it though.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
so for a new game I got the world of pain mod that gives 100 or so new locations across the wasteland, and a mod to reduce the amount of xp I get. Does anyone have much experience with world of pain? it looks really interesting from the video I saw of it.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Brasseye posted:

so for a new game I got the world of pain mod that gives 100 or so new locations across the wasteland, and a mod to reduce the amount of xp I get. Does anyone have much experience with world of pain? it looks really interesting from the video I saw of it.

I liked World of Pain, it used to be in the OP but I guess it's gone now for some reason. The dungeons usually end up with a giant swarm of something and piles of bodies with tons of loot you can't carry. The biggest problem for me was that I installed it right from the get-go, so I had a lot of trouble knowing what was an original game dungeon and what was a mod dungeon with thousands of hostiles in it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
A reduced XP mod is a good start, but you'll want to toggle on reduced loot as well, otherwise you'll rake in some serious caps in early game due to dungeon rewards and monster drops, which will be detrimental to balance.

Also, while the meat of the mod is in dungeons and its main quest which isn't in worldspace, it adds some locations around the Mojave that might look out of place or conflict with other mods. The biggest one I remember is a gun shop right outside Goodsprings that sells stuff ranging from low to high level, so yeah, balance can be an issue.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Thanks! Would turning it up to a harder difficulty be a good way to offset all the extra loot I get or is there a separate mod to tone down the loot? I am going for about 40% reduced exp but might turn it down even more because of all the new places and dlc.

I will probably skip the gun shop by goodsprings but some parts of this look awesome. I am also going for the fallout classic weapons mod, are there any other mods that would go nicely with these 2?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Last time I used WoP, it had an install option for reduced loot, so go ahead and use that.

If you want some game rebalancing done, I recommend Cirosan's Classic Overhaul (from SA's own Cirosan). It's lightweight in that it tries to avoid mod conflict, but does enough changes to character leveling and balance that it makes the game flow a lot better and your character choices matter more.

If you want a harder difficulty, then Joshua Sawyer (Lead Designer and Project Director of FNV) made his own mod that tweaks various parts of the game to his preferred design. Caveat is that you'll need every DLC, including the Courier pack. Check the OP for the link.

Fortunately, CCO has a compatibility patch that goes with Sawyer's mod, so you can combine them both. Also, see if either of them have homebrew XP reduction rates, so you can see if you still need that -50% XP mod.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 16, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I set out to make the Mysterious Stranger trenchcoat playable, divide the torso and arms, add dismemberment and fix the 1st-person view. Unfortunately, I am a complete beginner with Blender and Nifskope, so my efforts ended up making the game crash. Anybody want to take a look at the .nif and see what's wrong (probably a lot)? I'm pretty sure it has to do with the skeleton and BSDismemberSkinInstance stuff, but I don't even know where to start.

.nif: http://www.filedropper.com/outfitm
.blend: http://www.filedropper.com/untitled_2

Thanks in advance.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Finished the Jackhammer, will release when Naky finishes the plugin.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

The first time I read this thread in six months, and you're still throwing down incredible textures. :gizz:

With every sword, mace or rifle you put up I was afraid that you were minutes away from burning out and swearing off the mod community forever. Glad to be wrong, I suppose.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Like father, like daughter. Finally Cass can uphold the Cassidy family Pancor Jackhammer tradition. :swoon:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

scamtank posted:

The first time I read this thread in six months, and you're still throwing down incredible textures. :gizz:

With every sword, mace or rifle you put up I was afraid that you were minutes away from burning out and swearing off the mod community forever. Glad to be wrong, I suppose.

I can't leave Fallout, I've been a huge fan of the series since 2 came out back in '98 so yeah :P

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Ara posted:

I liked World of Pain, it used to be in the OP but I guess it's gone now for some reason.

It's gone from the OP because it's bloated, unbalanced garbage.

Arenovalis posted:

Once again, it's beautiful.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Kharmakazy posted:

I was hoping there was a list somewhere, because I just pissed off the NCR so their quests are pretty much a no go. I blew up the BOS and nothing happened to my house, so I was trying to figure out who I needed to not piss off to get new things.

Well like I said it's at the end of each main factions quest, but I think only if you help them. So in the case of Volare!, I assume you helped, but since you killed all the BoS you get nothing. As for the NCR, I believe it was a quest pretty late into the chain, the intent being that you can't get both the Legion and NCR decorations added in (I could be wrong on this count though). Basically earn the best resolutions to each of the groups Yes Man tells you to deal with, and you will get more decorations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arenovalis posted:

Man I used to post a couple of Fallout 3 videos of me just doing stupid poo poo and one of my favorite ones is the one with the Pancor Jackhammer. Bullet Time + Pancor = BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
God yes. Drilling a jackhammer into a super mutant's head and see their health fly away is grossly entertaining.

bef fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 17, 2012

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Arenovalis posted:

A loving jackhammer? I have the only gun that I will ever need.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ShiningForceHero posted:

Well like I said it's at the end of each main factions quest, but I think only if you help them. So in the case of Volare!, I assume you helped, but since you killed all the BoS you get nothing. As for the NCR, I believe it was a quest pretty late into the chain, the intent being that you can't get both the Legion and NCR decorations added in (I could be wrong on this count though). Basically earn the best resolutions to each of the groups Yes Man tells you to deal with, and you will get more decorations.

Well that sucks, since I'm doing a House run atm there is no good BoS ending. I would like to know if any of them actually do anything besides look pretty before I ruin anymore questlines.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Kharmakazy posted:

Well that sucks, since I'm doing a House run atm there is no good BoS ending. I would like to know if any of them actually do anything besides look pretty before I ruin anymore questlines.

There's a mod that allows you to do that by restoring a speech check or something, and I just realized I don't have it for this runthrough. Hold on a minute, I'll find it.

e: Aha!
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37729

Also, while I'm here, I just want to say Lombard Station is amazing. Believable premise, well crafted, not outlandish. I love being able to make my house look like a sperglord arranged it without actually needing the time and effort. If I had one complaint, it is the no Courier's Stash support, but I can live without that.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 17, 2012

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

bee burger posted:

Yeah, I tried using the little machine at Gibson's but it didn't work for my non-GRA powerfist :(

E: in fact no weapons show up in the valid list for upgrading weapons to their GRA counterparts

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's a mod that allows you to do that by restoring a speech check or something, and I just realized I don't have it for this runthrough. Hold on a minute, I'll find it.

e: Aha!
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37729

Also, while I'm here, I just want to say Lombard Station is amazing. Believable premise, well crafted, not outlandish. I love being able to make my house look like a sperglord arranged it without actually needing the time and effort. If I had one complaint, it is the no Courier's Stash support, but I can live without that.

I like it a lot, I just wish there was some documentation. Furniture showing up is a bit odd, but I love the shelves and mannequins.

I feel like there is something behind that console with the holotape downstairs, but I don't know what or how. If I had to guess, I would say it was associated with the solar array since it's talking about power. I don't know if the terminal upstairs is actually supposed to do anything.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Does... does that jackhammer have an extra trigger in the stock? Either way, that owns. Beautiful work. That was my favorite gun in Fallout 1 and 2.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

vandalism posted:

Does... does that jackhammer have an extra trigger in the stock? Either way, that owns. Beautiful work. That was my favorite gun in Fallout 1 and 2.

I want to say that's some sort of anti-ergonomic magazine release.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Now if only someone would make a working rock-it-launcher I would have all my favorite fallout weapons! Jesus shooting plates and poo poo at people was satisfying.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Kharmakazy posted:

Now if only someone would make a working rock-it-launcher I would have all my favorite fallout weapons! Jesus shooting plates and poo poo at people was satisfying.

Project Nevada does that, if I'm not mistaken.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Project Nevada does that, if I'm not mistaken.

That might require a "only using guitars as ammunition" run.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Actually, I don't believe PN has a rock-it-launcher. I want to say that the problem with getting it into the game is that setting miscellaneous junk as ammunition causes the game to crash, and creating a new junk list from scratch causes the same problem. :iiam:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually, I don't believe PN has a rock-it-launcher. I want to say that the problem with getting it into the game is that setting miscellaneous junk as ammunition causes the game to crash, and creating a new junk list from scratch causes the same problem. :iiam:

I heard about that earlier (from you I think!) and had hoped that had found a way around that by now.

It seems like with all the scripting and poo poo that gets done it wouldn't be that hard to make something to throw rocks at people, but I guess it's harder than it sounds.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh, really? I was removing Class Fallout Weapons' textures and meshes and I could have swore I saw a rock-it-launcher in there.

Also, how do I remove a trait added by a mod? I know the console command, but I don't know what the ID for the trait is.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Arenovalis posted:

But can you turn the magazine into a mine?

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Oh wow, thanks for all these mods. Nthing the suggestion of Nevada Skies; its really just so pretty.

Out of curiosity for anyone who's used the OWB Tweaks mod where do you go to retrieve your companions from the Mojave?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

i love you the mostsests

Stroth posted:

but it's not a complete mod without this

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Stroth posted:

Maybe later, dunno how one would implement that (and it's up to Naky since I'm a retard with GECK)

Anyways released the Pancor (huge thanks to Naky and MG):

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47528/

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Why is there a second trigger? Also, is it going into your torso there?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Also, how do I remove a trait added by a mod? I know the console command, but I don't know what the ID for the trait is.

You'll have to look through the mod file likely, check any documentation that came with the mod, most stuff I've used listed ID numbers for traits and perks added. If it's written down the first 2 digits are XX, which you replace with the mods load order in hex, I know FOMM lists those numbers next to the mod names on the checklist.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Kharmakazy posted:

Why is there a second trigger? Also, is it going into your torso there?

It's a magazine release and yes because bullpup animations were kind of a WIP resource made right before joefoxx082 quit the scene. At the time, he made them with two weapons in mind - the FAMAS and the WA2000. Anything other than those guns tend to have clipping problems. Without butchering the poo poo out of the model's proportions there's just very little you can do about it, especially on a gun as tubby as the Pancor.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Freeside Open is fantastic, but its making my game very crash happy, haven't popped into the Strip to see how thats holding up but I'm expecting the worst.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Arenovalis posted:

Maybe later, dunno how one would implement that (and it's up to Naky since I'm a retard with GECK)

Anyways released the Pancor (huge thanks to Naky and MG):

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47528/

I'm getting the weird giant exclamation point on the one in Doc's house. Does this have a dependency on something else? Where should it go in my load order? BOSS doesn't move it.

EDIT: Nevermind, something didn't extract properly. I redownloaded and reapplied everything and it works. REALLY nice model by the way, thank you!

Levantine fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Rabhadh posted:

Freeside Open is fantastic, but its making my game very crash happy, haven't popped into the Strip to see how thats holding up but I'm expecting the worst.

In my experience the Strip isn't effected by at all by Freeside Open. I don't use it anymore though because, as you say, I get lots of crashes in Freeside from it and it seems to cause issues with a couple of the quests in the area.