Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
What an annoying time to double post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why the hell is Curt Simmons in the minors? Promote Simmons, demote Muldur.

The Rotation: Hudson Roberts Simmons Zito Lonborg. Swap Bradford and Rincon

Batting Order: Ashburn Tejada Yaz Scott Williams Pena Seminick Chavez Ellis

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 16, 2012

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Maybe I'd have a better time of it if you got my loving lineup right.

What my lineup actually is posted:

Lineup vs Both w/DH
1) 2B Izturis
2) 3B McDougald
3) RF Guerrero
4) CF Mantle
5) 1B Moralez
6) C Berra
7) DH Napoli
8) SS Ripken
9) LF Woodling

Mantle at DH? Horn at 1B? :what:

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012
While being in fourth place is not a good place to be, it most likely will get better as the season goes on. With as many players underperforming as bad as they have so far, We should get on a nice roll when they start getting better.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Oh, I guess DH is cool too.

vR:
LF Josh Hamilton
RF Reggie Jackson
2B Ian Kinsler
C Mike Napoli*
DH Michael Young
3B Adrian Beltre
1B Don Mincher
SS Luis Aparicio
CF Rick Monday

vL
CF Josh Hamilton
RF Reggie Jackson
2B Ian Kinsler
C Mike Napoli*
DH Michael Young
1B Don Mincher
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Luis Aparicio
LF Nelson Cruz

Bench:
OF Rick Monday/Nelson Cruz
IF Sal Bando
IF Bert Campanaris
C Gene Tenance*
AAA: OF Ken Berry
AAA: SS Elvis Andrus

*: Gene Tenance is Personal Catcher for Catfish Hunter.

SP1: Vida Blue
SP2: Catfish Hunter
SP3: CJ Wilson
SP4: Tommy John
SP5: Wilbur Wood

CL: Rollie Fingers
SU: Neftali Feliz
SR Koji Uehara
SR Alexei Ogando
MR Mudcat Grant
MR Joe Horlen
LR Colby Lewis
AAA: Diego Segui

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -3
Squeeze Play: 0
Trying for extra bases: -2
Stealing Bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +1
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: +0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -2
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -3
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -3
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +2

thanks!

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Savouring this, as it may be the only update I'm in first/above .500/with hope of survival. Still, there are changes to be made.

Bring up Chipper, replacing Pendleton.

New line-up:

2B Ray Durham
CF Al Oliver
3B Home Run Baker
1B Frank Thomas
LF David Justice (against RHP)/Oscar Gamble (against LHP)
RF Oscar Gamble (against RHP)/Magglio Ordóñez (against LHP)
SS Roger Peckinpaugh
C Jim Sundberg
<pitcher>

If the DHs stay: Thomas to DH, McGriff to 1B batting fifth.

Pitching stays as is, and will continue to do so until Greg Maddux's arm falls off.

As well as Peckinpaugh has started, I don't foresee it being sustainable, so I'm still looking for an SS, but it's not quite the priority it was.

Edit: Roster post updated here.

Ginge fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 17, 2012

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Very well. Cabrera to 1st Base, Guillen to 3rd Base, Donie Bush to Shortstop. I had a go with Cabrera at 3rd, but apparently it hasn't worked out.

Also, please allow Mr. Mullin to take the 5th spot in the rotation, and bring up Oil Can Boyd to the Long Relief position. Thanks.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Vice City Goose Eggs

Ken Williams being injured means that I'm going to have to play Lloyd Moseby for most of the month. I can smell the relegation. Need a 2B too, at least Tulo is holding his own so far. I've likely seen enough of Ubaldo Jimenez. Lineups to come in a bit!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Hey, that Alex Avila has a notably higher rating than I'd expect. Please swap him and Jack Lapp, and let's see how he does. Thanks!

Edit: This change is now reflected in my roster post.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 16, 2012

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Good God! I expected my rotation to be bad, but not this bad! Anybody with extra ok starters should contact me.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

In the interest of making minor transactions as quick and painless as possible, the Rated R Superstars have authorized myself and TKBomber7285 to speak for the team on the following matters:

- Injury replacement
- Batting order configuration
- Pitching rotation configuration

Any move that one or the other of us orders regarding these matters should be considered to be approved by 100% of the Superstars' ownership.

As 20% owner I approve this measure.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The Goog posted:

In the interest of making minor transactions as quick and painless as possible, the Rated R Superstars have authorized myself and TKBomber7285 to speak for the team on the following matters:

- Injury replacement

Any move that one or the other of us orders regarding these matters should be considered to be approved by 100% of the Superstars' ownership.

Rubber stamped with 20%.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.
You like Faulkner but find noir boring, tatankatonk? My goodness.

Keep Mays starting, but call up Dykstra and send down Bret Boone. Hopefully Lenny will sub in for Willie until he heals. Keep Irvin in left and Grich should be starting at 2B.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

: Yikes.

: Well, at least we can have both Matt Holliday and Todd Helton in the lineup for the next month. Send Ubaldo Jimenez to AAA and have Tom Morgan in his place

Lineups:

vs. left handed pitchers (no DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) CF Al Kaline
4) LF Matt Holliday
5) RF Jesse Barfield
6) 3B Buddy Bell
7) C Ernie Whitt
8) 2B Marty McManus
9) Pitching Spot

vs. right handed pitchers (no DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) CF Jesse Barfield
3) SS Troy Tulowitzki
4) LF Matt Holliday
5) RF Al Kaline
6) C Ernie Whitt
7) 3B Rance Mulliniks
8) 2B Marty McManus
9) Pitching Spot

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) CF Al Kaline
4) DH Todd Helton
5) RF Jesse Barfield
6) LF Matt Holliday
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) C Ernie Whitt
9) 2B Marty McManus

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) CF Jesse Barfield
3) LF Matt Holliday
4) RF Al Kaline
5) SS Troy Tulowitzki
6) DH Todd Helton
7) C Ernie Whitt
8) 3B Rance Mulliniks
9) 2B Marty McManus

Pitching Rotation:

1) Dave Stieb
2) Jim Bunning
3) Urban Shocker
4) Jimmy Key
5) Frank Tanana

Closer: Tom Henke
Short Relief: Jose Valverde
Short Relief: Hank Aguirre
Middle Relief: Tom Morgan
Middle Relief: Rick Honeycutt
Long Relief: Frank Lary

: We're gonna have to do something about that offense lickety split. Maybe RANCE(ah ah!) needs to have his Astro Cycle taken away from him until he starts hitting. At this rate, our CYOA is going to be ugly.

: May I ride the Astro Cycle?

: Yeah, sure.

: Yaaaaay!

: :(

: Spoiler alert, pal. You're going to die in every path.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
The Luna Landers are looking for a starting catcher, and we're willing to offer starting pitching for a really good one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Goog posted:

- Injury replacement

20% owner and not a member of the two the measure talks about Senerio approves this message.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

mrnoun posted:

The Luna Landers are looking for a starting catcher, and we're willing to offer starting pitching for a really good one.

I've got Munson, who's looking okay for the Factorlities? I also have gabby hartnett, so he's not starting for me.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 17, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
tatankatonk

Make sure you sim day-by-day, otherwise the AI will mess up the rotations and lineups.

Also, make the Taggart League no-DH going forward, you can change it in the league setting menu.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers offer:

1965 Earl Battey

Ry'leh Cultists offer:

1970 Thurman Munson

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012
Mrnoun, I have either Lance Parrish or Terry Steinbach available for a pitcher if Cthulhu doesn't accept the deal you offered.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

mrnoun posted:

Luna Landers offer:

1965 Earl Battey

Ry'leh Cultists offer:

1970 Thurman Munson

Approved Good luck with this, I'm not convinced Munson in 1970 is as good as he is in the Juggers.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Cultists-Landers trade is approved.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Outrunner posted:

Mrnoun, I have either Lance Parrish or Terry Steinbach available for a pitcher if Cthulhu doesn't accept the deal you offered.

Cthulhu accepted already, but I'm a big Lance Parrish fan. Also, if you want to do me a solid and swap shortstops, I'd be happy to work something out:

Luna Landers offer:
1984 Cal Ripken (he'd autoheal for you because of the trade)
1946 Bob Feller
1946 Sherm Lollar (so you won't be shorthanded at catcher)

Portland Bulldogs offer:
1984 Alan Trammell (to replace injured Ripken)
1984 Lance Parrish
Whichever of your starting pitchers you were planning to replace, so I won't be shorthanded at pitcher (Derringer or Walters?)
Should we both survive, you send me 1996 Scott Brosius between seasons as a player to be named later, because Feller's better than Parrish.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

mrnoun posted:

Cthulhu accepted already, but I'm a big Lance Parrish fan. Also, if you want to do me a solid and swap shortstops, I'd be happy to work something out:

Luna Landers offer:
1984 Cal Ripken (he'd autoheal for you because of the trade)
1946 Bob Feller
1946 Sherm Lollar (so you won't be shorthanded at catcher)

Portland Bulldogs offer:
1984 Alan Trammell (to replace injured Ripken)
1984 Lance Parrish
Whichever of your starting pitchers you were planning to replace, so I won't be shorthanded at pitcher (Derringer or Walters?)
Should we both survive, you send me 1996 Scott Brosius between seasons as a player to be named later, because Feller's better than Parrish.

Why are you doing this? Ripken is only out 19 days, and you already have a bunch of players than can handle shortstop in the interim.

And you just traded for a catcher, which doesn't exactly make this the most sensible time to trade for another one.

And Feller is much, much better than Derringer and Walters.

And Brosius is useless in the Super-LEague.

I guess I'm just confused.

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012

The Bulldogs accept the trade of
Luna Landers offer:
1984 Cal Ripken
1946 Bob Feller
1946 Sherm Lollar

Portland Bulldogs offer:
1984 Alan Trammell
1984 Lance Parrish
1941 Paul Derringer

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why are you doing this? Ripken is only out 19 days, and you already have a bunch of players than can handle shortstop in the interim.

And you just traded for a catcher, which doesn't exactly make this the most sensible time to trade for another one.

And Feller is much, much better than Derringer and Walters.

And Brosius is useless in the Super-LEague.

I guess I'm just confused.

Withdrawing the trade for a moment while I reconsider.

EDIT: All right, Smasher has convinced me that trading Bob Feller is... let me make sure I'm getting this quote right... "loving stupid, what the hell is wrong with you, I should relegate your team just for making that offer."

I'd still like to make a swap for Trammell, who was always one of my favorite players.

mrnoun fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 17, 2012

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012

mrnoun posted:

EDIT: All right, Smasher has convinced me that trading Bob Feller is... let me make sure I'm getting this quote right... "loving stupid, what the hell is wrong with you, I should relegate your team just for making that offer."

I'd still like to make a swap for Trammell, who was always one of my favorite players.

Figured as soon as I saw Smasher's post the deal was going to be cancelled. You can make a bid for Trammell if you want but I will admit that I doubt I will be willing to part with him too easily.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Sorry for any mixups, they'll be corrected in the next update. Just for clarification: the Taggart League hasn't been playing with a DH, but I accidentally took screenshots of their "with DH" lineups.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Oh right, I forgot to change to my actual pitching lineup now that we can get relegated. Assuming the lineups get fixed, bring Perry, Kaat, and Grimes up, and send Radke, Doak, and Grant down.

New Rotation:
Kaat
Grimes
Perry
Pascual
Ames

Gonzales personal catcher for Ames

Also, whatever Tony O is eating, give some to the rest of my players

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

:siren: Trade! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2009 Cliff Lee, 1968 Dick McAuliffe
South Bolton Eazy W's get: 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera, second round dispersal draft pick (from Saints)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

The Goog posted:

:siren: Trade! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2009 Cliff Lee, 1968 Dick McAuliffe
South Bolton Eazy W's get: 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera, second round dispersal draft pick (from Saints)

The W's accept

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

These changes are reflected in my roster post, but I will note them here as well.

Dick McAuliffe replaces Asdrubal Cabrera as my starting shortstop, batting ninth against both righties and lefties. The new Cliff Lee takes Brandon League's spot on the roster; League will be sent down to the minors.

New pitching rotation:

SP1. Mel Harder
SP2. Cliff Lee
SP3. Justin Verlander
SP4. Chief Bender
SP5. Cliff Lee

LR Ted Lilly
MR Monte Pearson
SR Justin Masterson
SR Santiago Casilla
SU Chris Perez
CL Kerry Wood

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Good news! Thanks to Cthulhu making a script that automates the update process, I've decided to cancel the Expansion Gauntlet and just expand the Super-League.

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 19, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Good news! Thanks to Cthulhu making a script that automates the update process, I've decided to cancel the Expansion Gauntlet and just expand the Super-League.

And on that note, here is the Expansion Cup Version!

Okay, I promised SmasherDynamo I'd make a tool that automates the process of creating a SuperLeague post and.. well, it's mostly done. I'll try and close the gap, but it's pretty good and definitely usable now.

A) Captures Overview, Pitching and Lineup screens for all teams in the league

B) Feeds all the images into Rightload so they can be uploaded to Lpix, enabling one click uploading

C) When you've finished uploading it lets you copy a skeleton post for use on SA.

Installation Instructions

• Install AutohotKey from here: http://www.autohotkey.com/
  • Install IRFanView from here: http://www.irfanview.com/
  • Install Rightload from here: http://rightload.org/
  • Install the Lpix Plugin for Rightload from here: http://lpix.org/rightload_v1.4.2.rar

You'll have to configure rightload on your own, but it's pretty simple. The script expects all programs to be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\ but that's no big thing to fix if you do something else.

• Go here and get a copy of the script http://pastebin.com/RzQiSz62 <-- this version is for 20 teams for 1366 x 768 mintors
  • This is for 1280 x 1024 http://pastebin.com/8bNPw3pX
  • Create a file on your computer where ever you'd like called Whateveryouwant.ahk
  • Paste the stuff from the pastebin into the script file
  • Create a folder c:\SuperLeagueBanners\
  • Put all the team banners in that directory. Banners must be named Team1-ABanner.png, Team2-ABanner.png, Team3-ABanner.png
  • The order of team numbers 1, 2, 3 is based on the order in which they are displayed in BM. Numbering starts in the top left, goes down the left column and then goes to the right column

Note: The script will save each update to C:\SuperLeagueUpdate and overwrite any files there. BACK UP EACH UPDATE!

Usage Instructions

To use:
  • Set your sreen res to 1366 x 768 like smasher's lovely computer
  • Open Baseball Mogul 2013.
  • Select the top left team on the team select menu
  • Close as many windows as possible!
  • Particularly your web browser.
  • Make sure rightload is closed to
  • Run the script
  • While the script is running DO NOT touch your mouse or keyboard
  • When the script has finished running, rightload will popup.
  • Use the plugin configuration menu to chose a new gallery to upload to. If you don't do this it will delete your last update. SO BACK UP EVERY UPDATE
  • Press the upload button and go make a cup of coffee
  • When that's done, press the copy to clipboard button

At the end, you'll have a complete post with all the images in it on your clipboard. Paste this into an SA forum window, ad you just need to add your text, and you're done.

Grab me on IRC to discuss, troubleshot and generally debug. I am sure there will be problems. I can also work on adding some features or whatever to help your workload.

Edit: Here is a sample of output

code:
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794734/Team1-ABanner.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794735/Team1-BOverview.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794736/Team1-CPitching.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794737/Team1-DHLineupDESIGNATEDHITTER.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794738/Team1-DLineup.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794739/Team1-EDefence.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794740/Team1-EDefenceDESIGNATEDHITTER.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794741/Team2-ABanner.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794742/Team2-BOverview.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794743/Team2-CPitching.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794744/Team2-DHLineupDESIGNATEDHITTER.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794745/Team2-DLineup.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794746/Team2-EDefence.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://lpix.org/794747/Team2-EDefenceDESIGNATEDHITTER.PNG[/IMG]
And here's how that looks in action.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 19, 2012

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh man, those Senerio draft picks are now worth...something.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
That looks great, Cthulhu. I'll work with you on it tomorrow, and everyone can expect the update by tomorrow evening at the latest.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Well, poo poo, now I feel bad that I didn't sign up when those Cthulthu cultists came round. Truly, he is the saviour of us all.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Goog posted:

- Injury replacement

As 20% owner, I approve this post.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no idea what I'm looking at with regards to the script, but it sure looks cool. Some real good work there Cthulhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

An Illustrated History of the Super-League

Memento Mori Division

Vae Victis Division

Sic Transit Vir Division

Dynamo League

Mark Bellhorn Division

Senor Goodtimes Division

Norris-Smythe Division

Smasher League

Super-League

Expansion Cups