Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frankston posted:

The seating position felt really awkward and the bike itself rather cumbersome.
That is exactly the opposite of how I feel about them. Are you insanely tall or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That is exactly the opposite of how I feel about them. Are you insanely tall or something?

I found the Bonneville to be fun but very uncomfortable doing 55+ on the highway. I was holding on for dear life and still felt like I was going to be blown off. They look sweet as hell though.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Yeah, I never had a problem with them. They're tail-sitters and surprisingly heavy given how little there is to them, but then they're not supposed to be sportsbikes. They're also very easy bikes to ride, but maybe that doesn't come through when you're sitting on them in a showroom.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Frankston posted:

The seating position felt really awkward and the bike itself rather cumbersome.

Same here, it felt also really boring. It was disappointing, probably would felt differently if i could take it for a spin.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Kosmos posted:

Same here, it felt also really boring. It was disappointing, probably would felt differently if i could take it for a spin.

Sitting on the motorcycle in the show room was boring you say?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm partial to the Scrambler myself, in the looks department. Never taken either out on a ride, though.

E: The fun part about sitting on a bike in the showroom is when you flat foot a KTM and give your friends under 5'5" a :smug:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

hayden. posted:

I found the Bonneville to be fun but very uncomfortable doing 55+ on the highway. I was holding on for dear life and still felt like I was going to be blown off. They look sweet as hell though.

Are you seldom on the highway or something? Squeeze the tank and loosen your grip. You won't get blown off, period.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Not sitting upright on such a naked bike, no. You're probably right though.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Backov posted:

Sitting on the motorcycle in the show room was boring you say?
Bike was outside the store :colbert:
Riding position felt like i was sitting in waiting room chair and i was going to drive it to the store to get some lemon muffins for the missus.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Captain Kosmos posted:

Bike was outside the store :colbert:
Riding position felt like i was sitting in waiting room chair and i was going to drive it to the store to get some lemon muffins for the missus.

Try sitting on a Thruxton if you want a more aggressive riding position.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ought ten posted:

Is this outside Red Palace?

Nope outside a bar called The Queen Vic

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Wow a whole page of text in a picture and video thread. Let me be the odd man out and hopefully get it back on track.

HNasty posted:

Been to this bar a year or something ago. Location was kinda sketchy but once I was a dozen beers in it didn't matter anymore :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HNasty posted:

They're like two shops apart, so yeah.

(Also, be sure to order a Queen Vic at the Queen Vic.)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was out picking up bike parts and getting rid of old tires and remembered that backfire was going on again. Once again, poo poo camera but a lot of cool bikes. Excuse my obsession with 2-strokes, they get me hot and bothered these days.

CBX with a 6-1 exhaust. I wish I could've heard this thing go WOT to redline. :circlefap:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

HNasty posted:

Ah, I recognized the view but I guess I was a little off. Never been to Queen Vic, but when I go, Endless Mike, I'll try the drink.

Shorpy says this was an HD dealer on H St. (they don't specify the quadrant) in 1925. I'd like to ride with these guys. Especially crazy eyes there under the U.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Saw this beauty at a local dealer. 1986 Honda CB350S with a mere 860km (535 miles) on the odo. 25 years old and it looks like it has just been uncrated.

Corrupt Cypher
Jul 20, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

Saw this beauty at a local dealer. 1986 Honda CB350S with a mere 860km (535 miles) on the odo. 25 years old and it looks like it has just been uncrated.

That's gorgeous. Do you know what they were they asking for it?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's a gorgeous little bike. A guy locally just put on kijiji a virtually brand new 1982 cbx with 500 miles or something. He's asking $8500 for it.

I understand how some people buy bikes and don't ride them much, but assuming you didn't forget about it, how can you not put on at least 1000 miles in the first year or two?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They're asking 45,000 SEK (about €5400 or us$6700).

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Certainly not giving it away. That looks like a CX650E next to it which could be a nice catch too.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Close, it's a 1983 CX500, also low mileage (4380km, 2700 miles). They're asking 45k SEK for that as well.

lovely cellphone pictures ahoy.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Slim Pickens posted:

I was out picking up bike parts and getting rid of old tires and remembered that backfire was going on again. Once again, poo poo camera but a lot of cool bikes. Excuse my obsession with 2-strokes, they get me hot and bothered these days.

CBX with a 6-1 exhaust. I wish I could've heard this thing go WOT to redline. :circlefap:

But you missed the other CBX that was there last night...

Hayabusa front end and an 848 swingarm, apparently.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its good to know this guy is out there, avenging motorcyclists.

CLEANIN UP THE STREETS

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

My friend did that with his old pontiac gran-am, just launched that bitch straight up in the air. Damndest thing I ever saw. When we got back to my place just up the road to check out the damage, the only evidence we hit anything was a glob of poo poo on the right headlight.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Its good to know this guy is out there, avenging motorcyclists.

CLEANIN UP THE STREETS

Ahh! Speed! Lookout for the deer! AHHH!

No problem guys! Watch this!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

10 seconds later, bike comes round corner, slowly.

"Easy now, check the sides of the road."

"Phew, no deer to the left, no deer to the right."

*deer falls out of tree*

:arghfist::gibs:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

thats the deerquake version of rocketjumping. theres totally a quad damage up in that tree

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

thats the deerquake version of rocketjumping. theres totally a quad damage up in that tree

I think the deer probably got the quad damage on the way up :downsrim:

Pic related

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Came across this pic. First thought is doing my own UtiliGixxer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm liking the use of spare peg rubbers as turn signal stalks, there :iamafag:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Close, it's a 1983 CX500, also low mileage (4380km, 2700 miles). They're asking 45k SEK for that as well.

lovely cellphone pictures ahoy.

Wow. An 1983 CX500? Never even knew they existed. In NA 83 everything CX500 was moved to 650 AFAIK.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's an awful lot of work to do for an intake tract that's barely longer than stock and opens up a couple inches of unused space under the tank.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
From one of the galleries posted in the Gathering of the Juggalos thread: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimkiernan/7779741036/in/set-72157631067300014/lightbox/

That poor.. Kawasaki?

E: Upon further review, it's a Cheech and Chong bike. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimkiernan/7783011138/in/set-72157631067300014/lightbox/ I guess that's a little bit better than an ICP bike, but still. God drat.

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 17, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

But you missed the other CBX that was there last night...

Hayabusa front end and an 848 swingarm, apparently.

Put it in a spondon frame and you have one of my many dreambikes.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

That's an awful lot of work to do for an intake tract that's barely longer than stock and opens up a couple inches of unused space under the tank.

It doesn't look like an awful lot of work went into that to me.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

clutchpuck posted:

It doesn't look like an awful lot of work went into that to me.

It's tig welded stainless/titanium. And what looks like an increasing diameter. If you can bust out stuff like that no problem I have a few pieces I'd like you to make me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Probably noisier though

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

obso posted:

It's tig welded stainless/titanium. And what looks like an increasing diameter. If you can bust out stuff like that no problem I have a few pieces I'd like you to make me.

Haha I stand corrected. On the phone it looks like a dryer duct intake like I made for an old RX-7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Man I just did a Ducati troll in the comments on an rnickeymouse video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBgrVI0Dyto

Feel a bit bad, also a bit good.