Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there any additional word on this end-of-month date for the boxed set? Because that seems really bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

Is there any additional word on this end-of-month date for the boxed set? Because that seems really bonkers.

A mate of mine who is somewhat in the know says it will be the 25th anniversary of Blood Bowl release; but who knows really?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Point taken. Though the Powerklaw costs 25.

If I pull the Big Choppa and the 'Eavy Armor from the Warboss, and the Stikkbombz from the Ork Boyz (I2 isn't significantly more impressive than I1) then I can put the Mega Armour on the Warboss, and he'd still fit on the trukk with the Nobz, and wouldn't have to give up his Invuln save or extra attack. Would that work?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 17, 2012

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

Colon V posted:

Point taken. Though the Powerklaw costs 25.

If I pull the Big Choppa and the 'Eavy Armor from the Warboss, and the Stikkbombz from the Ork Boyz (I2 isn't significantly more impressive than I1) then I can put the Mega Armour on the Warboss, and he'd still fit on the trukk with the Nobz, and wouldn't have to give up his Invuln save or extra attack. Would that work?

That's a good idea, since stikkbombs were pretty laughable even before Furious Charge lost its initiative bonus.

I'd also look into getting a powerklaw on the trukk nob, and maybe a few in the nob squad. I'd get the points by maybe dropping a couple of the big choppas, the bombs from the koptas, and possibly a couple of lootas (sacrilege, but smaller squads are easier to find cover for). I'd also drop the meks out of those squads, since the dreads will ideally be charging upfield while the lootas/mek hang back where they're no good to them.

Things like the warphead you'll either love or hate, but gently caress it, Orks are about taking what looks fun and drowning the table in dice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Destrado posted:

I'd also drop the meks out of those squads, since the dreads will ideally be charging upfield while the lootas/mek hang back where they're no good to them.
The Meks were a free 'upgrade', even with their Big Shootaz; I stuffed them in mostly for A) some consistent Dakka, even when the squad moves or rolls a 1 on the D3, and B) aesthetics. Someone had to build those Deffgunz.

quote:

Things like the warphead you'll either love or hate,

I'm willing to spend the 30 extra points just to be able to reroll 'Eadbangers. Or occasionally reroll INTO 'Eadbangers. It is an Ork army.

quote:

buttfuck it, Orks are about taking what looks fun and drowning the table in dice.
:hf:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 17, 2012

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
That Ork list needs more power klaws. The Warboss needs one for sure, and at least 1-2 of the Nobz in the Nob squad, plus one for each of the Nobz in the Boyz squads (unless the Warboss is gonna be attached to one of those units ...and even then).

Definitely drop the Meks from the Loota squads. It takes away a Deffgun. That's not a free "upgrade" at all. If you bought 3 boxes of Lootas, just model 15 of them and take 3 squads of 5 on the board.

Trukks are too fragile at 1500 points.

Also, your army is in three places at once. A small group of units that are fast. A second wave of units that are slow, and a handful of stationary guys. Pick a speed and have the whole army travel at it. If you MUST use Trukks, accompany them with Planes and Bikes. If you're gonna take footsloggers and Deff Dreds, keep all the guys on foot, and take more models. Mixing and matching speeds is a bad idea.

Just my $0.02.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Just my $0.02.
More Power Klaws I can definitely do. I was under the impression that a lot of S7 AP - hits was better than a handful of S10 AP2 ones... in retrospect, not really sure why.

And I see what you mean by my army being too split up. With no Trukks, I'll be able to up the model count on my units, too.

Should I keep Nobz, or up to Meganobz? Slow and Purposeful means they won't be able to keep up with the rest of the Boyz, which could be a problem, and the loss of Sweeping Advance may bite me, but that 2+ armor save, and universal Power Klaws are mighty tempting.

Anyways, here's the new plan:
Attach the Warboss to the Nobz squad, attach the Weirdboy to the largest group of 'Ardboyz I can muster, scrap the trukks for more Boyz, split the Lootaz into three squads of 5 (to deal with flyers :orks:). Keep the Deff Dreadz as-is.

Then, in battle, charge the Green Tide upon the enemy, possibly 'Ere We Go-ing the 'Ardboyz into somewhere inconvenient (or possibly just 'Eadbanging), while everyone else charges over the hills to smash their Choppaz and Klaws (and Dreadnought CCWs) into anything even moderately un-orky.

Not sure whether I want to hang onto the Deffkoptaz or not. Fast Attack is nice, and being able to outflank my opponent could really come in handy, but at this point, I don't really even know what I'm doing with them. If I do keep them, I'm pulling off the bigbomms.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 17, 2012

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
lovely leaked pics ahoy:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Whoah.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Ok, well they are really really nice. That last one is simply stunning. This looks like Space Hulk levels of quality.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Yea, those look nice as hell.

Edit: For a bit more substance it looks like the CSM warband they picked is nice. The detail is off the charts and it's nice to see they've taken a bit from the cool as hell chaos warriors fantasy sculpt.

TheLawinator fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 17, 2012

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

:krad: as hell.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Goddamn those look rad.

On another note, I just picked up a dakkajet. Is there anything cool that can be done with all the extra poo poo that comes in this kit? I feel like I can almost build a whole extra plane.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah those models are pretty ok I guess.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't think I've wanted to throw money at a company so hard before. Those sculpts are absolutely fantastic, and I NEED to have a bunch of those cultists.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

bhsman posted:

Tasty of BoK said the same thing but I was a little leery after some of those bizarre fluff rumors w/r/t 6th Edition.

Tau and SM are Battle Brothers, so I wouldn't discount that fluff just yet. Tasty is Harry and Hastings reliable. And, when Harry and Hastings disagree, Harry says to always defer to Hastings.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looks like GW put the final screws to the people doing data for Army Builder and that group won't be updating those anymore. So keep a look out for the official App (apple only).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Tau and SM are Battle Brothers, so I wouldn't discount that fluff just yet. Tasty is Harry and Hastings reliable. And, when Harry and Hastings disagree, Harry says to always defer to Hastings.

That one turned out to be true while still being completely against what he initially said about the final message of the Emperor to Guilleman, etc. Plus bits about Rynn's World being destroyed, among others.

Fix posted:

Looks like GW put the final screws to the people doing data for Army Builder and that group won't be updating those anymore. So keep a look out for the official App (apple only).

Buy Battlescribe. :arghfist::ssh:

SilentStrider
Jul 23, 2012
HA HA I bought a Title!!1!

Fix posted:

My info may be out of date, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought GW only had problems with Army Builder doing the updating, they had no problem with individuals not associated with the Army Builder Business from updating it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bhsman posted:

Buy?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SilentStrider posted:

My info may be out of date, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought GW only had problems with Army Builder doing the updating, they had no problem with individuals not associated with the Army Builder Business from updating it.

Old info. They've expanded on their C+D, evidently

AgentF
May 11, 2009

I downloaded the Android app for free, but then chose to "Buy the developer a beer" in appreciation.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

bhsman posted:

After NOVA I need to finish Bodger2012. Battlescribe is just so... inelegant.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'm a forgetful dude and I used to keep forgetting that Crypteks get a worse than the Immortals when shot at by Bolters or whatever, smaller bodies might help that? Or I'm just need to get better at memory.

From last page, but I forgot to tell you that your cryptek looks rad.

spacegoat posted:

lovely leaked pics ahoy:

Those chosen own so hard. Looks like I'm gonna end up buying that box.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

7thBatallion posted:

Would he be cool with me just checking the place out, throwing a few punches trying not to break my brittle hands, and just having fun?

You can come on in, it'll be hard but fun. Everyone always has fun, or else.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Had a game tonight with my Tyranids.

My squad of Hormiguants, after overwatch was resolved, was about 2.7 inches away from the closest enemy.

I did not roll high enough to get the charge.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Master Twig posted:

Had a game tonight with my Tyranids.

My squad of Hormiguants, after overwatch was resolved, was about 2.7 inches away from the closest enemy.

I did not roll high enough to get the charge.

So you rerolled with fleet and made it?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Smegmalicious posted:

You can come on in, it'll be hard but fun. Everyone always has fun, or else.

I may have missed it, but address?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

ghetto wormhole posted:

So you rerolled with fleet and made it?

Master Twig's cry of "aww, poo poo" could be heard for miles.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PeterWeller posted:

:laffo:

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah I dont play the game but will probably buy the box set if those minis are an example of the quality.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

PeterWeller posted:

Bummer, there's like a <.5% chance of that happening.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

7thBatallion posted:

I may have missed it, but address?

All the info is in here. 1107 NW 54th. We're the gym located right behind the McDonalds.

Have these Hello Kitty Marines been posted yet?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Smegmalicious posted:

All the info is in here. 1107 NW 54th. We're the gym located right behind the McDonalds.

Have these Hello Kitty Marines been posted yet?

I'll gently caress around, but no boxing for me. If I break something, it'll never heal.

And no, those haven't.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

7thBatallion posted:

I'll gently caress around, but no boxing for me. If I break something, it'll never heal.

And no, those haven't.

Unless you have boneitis or are Mr. Glass you should be fine. Trust me. I'm a professional.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Smegmalicious posted:

Unless you have boneitis or are Mr. Glass you should be fine. Trust me. I'm a professional.

I have severe osteoperosis? So I guess I'm Mr. glass.

Gym chat itt.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I don't think this one has been posted here yet:

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Never worship chaos with a... boner.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is that a mini? Looks like a video game screenshot or something. Either way its entirely overdone, wings fuckin' everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

gently caress yeah, High Elves.

Wait.

• Locked thread