Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
The current CSM would look so janky standing next to these detailed starter set models. I do hope they and Havocs are getting new kits.

I always thought it was Base RuleBook but I'm also adamant that MSU stands for Minimum-Sized Units rather than Multiple Small Units because it conveys the philosophy of that style of list-building better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Corrode posted:

Big Red Book i.e. the rulebook. You might also see BGB for either Big Green Book or Big Grey Book.

OK, got it now! I guess I have the Small Green Book as well, since I got the pocket rulebook from the Black Reach box set.

For anyone not paying attention to the Reaper Bones Kickstarter - they've got some add-on demons that look pretty awesome:

Can anyone guess what Chaos Daemon these would correspond with as a 'counts as'? There's what I'm guessing is a 28mm scale single figure shown in the image to help with the guesswork. I'm already getting the pair of these but I thought it might be worth getting a pair of each, since they're going so cheap.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

Big Red Book i.e. the rulebook. You might also see BGB for either Big Green Book or Big Grey Book.

This is a fair point and I'm hoping it's accurate because god drat, that CSM kit is ugly.

I, I like the CSM kit. :ohdear:

Although the new CSM models blow it out of the water.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dreadwroth posted:

What do you mean "going"? They went there a long time ago. Hell, Deathwing has been in canon since the orignal Space Hulk game.
I used to paint my Dark Angels with one black gauntlet as a homage to the original black color scheme.

I mean going as in i bet it's going to get worse, like what happened with space wolves and blood angels, with the word "wing" on everything instead of just those two. I'm talking Shadowwing missiles, wingblades, mallard mauls.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Hamshot posted:

I mean going as in i bet it's going to get worse, like what happened with space wolves and blood angels, with the word "wing" on everything instead of just those two. I'm talking Shadowwing missiles, wingblades, mallard mauls.

:ducksiren:

Also drat those CSM are nice

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Phyresis posted:

The current CSM would look so janky standing next to these detailed starter set models. I do hope they and Havocs are getting new kits.

That would be great. It seems sort of likely too, since Hastings mentioned unique models for Chosen and Possessed plus "New csm marines (could be recut with added bits?)". The only other Power Armour models are the standard Marines/Havocs.

gently caress, I bought a new box yesterday. I'm going to return it and just be patient. Hopefully it's not just a recut :(

Tailfnz
Oct 13, 2011

I'm delightfully forgettable.
Well, now. Take a look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71V-M85mfw

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
gee i wonder what they're referring to

In other news, it looks like Mantic is coming out with a 40k version of Bloodbowl?

I don't normally like their Orks but that dude is kinda cool? Could be a Tau version of Mega Armor.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 17, 2012

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Wow, their "teaser" trailers are a complete waste of time and effort. Either tell us that the starter is going up for preorder on the 28th, or don't bother at all.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lungboy posted:

Wow, their "teaser" trailers are a complete waste of time and effort. Either tell us that the starter is going up for preorder on the 28th, or don't bother at all.

I don't think you fully appreciate the value of deliberately obtuse advertising that's only available to people who are already at least moderately invested in tracking the comings and goings of the company.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Hey guys, what's the word on a Tau update? Is there any? They're currently my favorite army, and while I'm interested in getting back into Warhams, I want to get in with an army that is fresh and works well with the current rulebook.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Early next year as I understand it, first quarter probably. Although I have nothing to back that up, my source is the internet.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Tau will be up in like a year/year and a half. Tau are fairly decent in this edition, though, if a bit one dimensional, and are one of the better ally choices.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Tau will be up in like a year/year and a half. Tau are fairly decent in this edition, though, if a bit one dimensional, and are one of the better ally choices.

Yup. I want to pick up like 10 crisis and 6 broadside suits and run them primary with a platoon of guard allied so I can poo poo out 8 chimeras into midfield.

But that will cost, like a billion dollars.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

gee i wonder what they're referring to

In other news, it looks like Mantic is coming out with a 40k version of Bloodbowl?

I don't normally like their Orks but that dude is kinda cool? Could be a Tau version of Mega Armor.

If I ever play this, no force on earth can stop me from naming my team BRUTAL DELUXE

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Early next year as I understand it, first quarter probably. Although I have nothing to back that up, my source is the internet.

Chaos Marines, Warriors of Chaos, Dark Angels, Daemons of Chaos + Chaos Daemons is what seems to be planned for 2012 up to early/mid 2013.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

VogeGandire posted:

The entire Horus Heresy wouldn't have happened if the Emperor wasn't a hypocrite when it came to Lorgar.

I'm pretty sure the guy who wanted a god to pray to no matter what is still pretty much to blame.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Hamshot posted:

mallard mauls.

Counts-as Duck Angels

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop

Beerdeer posted:

Counts-as Duck Angels

To their great shame, fully half the Legion broke faith with primarch Drake Mallard and followed the apostate Negaduck

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mango Polo posted:

Chaos Marines, Warriors of Chaos, Dark Angels, Daemons of Chaos + Chaos Daemons is what seems to be planned for 2012 up to early/mid 2013.

CSM and WoC are rumoured for this year, DA I'm not sure about, but the two Daemons books will be in the same month, so it's possible.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Naramyth posted:

I, I like the CSM kit. :ohdear:

Although the new CSM models blow it out of the water.

I actually really like the current CSM kit, and I'm kinda bummed that I never to use it properly. All my CSM are converted with the Iron Warriors conversion kit, so while my dudes are awesome Iron Warriors I didn't get to use the cool heads and torsos in the CSM kit. I'm looking forward to expanding the army and adding some more diverse dudes with this box set; maybe even a big squad of Chosen.

Also, I kinda doubt the CSM kit is getting redone again. The original kit came out in the late 90s/early 2000s, then the recut came out in 2007. It's already pretty packed with bits and options. I'd expect a Havoc box though, as the metal hybrids are a bad joke.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

krushgroove posted:

OK, got it now! I guess I have the Small Green Book as well, since I got the pocket rulebook from the Black Reach box set.

For anyone not paying attention to the Reaper Bones Kickstarter - they've got some add-on demons that look pretty awesome:

Can anyone guess what Chaos Daemon these would correspond with as a 'counts as'? There's what I'm guessing is a 28mm scale single figure shown in the image to help with the guesswork. I'm already getting the pair of these but I thought it might be worth getting a pair of each, since they're going so cheap.

The 4 armed one would make a good Bloodthirster. The other one is throwing a fireball so would work as any non-Khorne Demon Prince.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

At the price they're charging for those things, they're practically worth it for the wings alone, compared to what other bits cost.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Fix posted:

At the price they're charging for those things, they're practically worth it for the wings alone, compared to what other bits cost.

Good point, 15 bucks for two sets of demon wings is pretty good.

Of course, the 15 is an addon to your 100+ dollar pledge, but you're getting like 150 minis for that 100 bucks so it's still a crazynuts deal. Everyone who paints minis, uses proxies, or plays any tabletop RPG, and who has 100 dollars to spend on minis, should be getting in on that kickstarter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dominion posted:

Everyone who paints minis, uses proxies, or plays any tabletop RPG, and who has 100 dollars to spend on minis, should be getting in on that kickstarter.
I wish I had $150 to burn, because I fit into all those categories except the last one. I'd be on that so fast. Sadly, I do not.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Colon V posted:

I wish I had $150 to burn, because I fit into all those categories except the last one. I'd be on that so fast. Sadly, I do not.

Well it's a huge enough pile of minis that you can probably get a few friends to chip in with you and hold a draft when they show up.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dominion posted:

Of course, the 15 is an addon to your 100+ dollar pledge,

Or piggyback on someone who's already in, yeah.

And with that, I'm done pitching Reaper in the Warhams thread. :kiddo:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Proper scans of the White Dwarf. Daaaaaamn :stare:

e: Tons of DA bits to cannibalize for more Chaos too!

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 17, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hellbrute like a motherfucker.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
GW definitely has a lot of flaws as a company but the quality of the miniatures is not one of them, I'll definitely be getting that box.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

I have some Chaos. I now want more. Well done GW. That Hellbrute is a definite purchase.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
And that's the starter set, I can't wait to see what the multi-part plastics will be like :fap:

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Looking at the cultists it looks like there's doubles, that's too bad.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Mango Polo posted:

Proper scans of the White Dwarf. Daaaaaamn :stare:

e: Tons of DA bits to cannibalize for more Chaos too!

I want to buy that Chaos Lord and just replace his plasma pistol with a thumbs up.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
There's such a thing as too much detail. Jesus, those would be a bitch to paint.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up. Those are the starter set models? :stare:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Those Cultists look awesome. The Chosen are also great but special weapons on 1A models is a bad joke, and the ones with boltguns are duplicates. I'm still not fielding a Dreadnaught no matter how cool they look because rules like Crazed are unacceptable to me :colbert:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Phyresis posted:

Those Cultists look awesome. The Chosen are also great but special weapons on 1A models is a bad joke, and the ones with boltguns are duplicates. I'm still not fielding a Dreadnaught no matter how cool they look because rules like Crazed are unacceptable to me :colbert:

There's a new codex before the starter set, we have no idea whether Hellbrute will have Crazed or some similar thematic rule with different mechanics.

For that matter we don't know if Chosen will still be 1A.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Phyresis posted:

I'm still not fielding a Dreadnaught no matter how cool they look because rules like Crazed are unacceptable to me :colbert:

On the other side of the spectrum I'll be fielding it no matter how terrible the rules are because goddamn that is awesome looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Dominion posted:

There's a new codex before the starter set, we have no idea whether Hellbrute will have Crazed or some similar thematic rule with different mechanics.

For that matter we don't know if Chosen will still be 1A.

The chinese leak says yes to both.

• Locked thread