Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I played Matty O to get into masters and we talked about harbinger a bit. I play a very different harbinger than he does. I spend all of my focus constantly and just stay super far away from any threats hiding like a baby.

You don't martyr that much either, which I though was odd. Because you tank her up in the back field, so why not eat a few damage to make her infantry that much more annoying.

Ye Worse User-name posted:

While we're back on the Harbinger, what do you lot think of this list to go up against the Harbinger one that crushed me last week? It had the Horgenhold Forge Guard, Bastions, 2 Reckoners and the Covenant in it along with the Choir of course.

System: Hordes
Faction: Circle Orboros
Casters: 1/1
Krueger the Stormlord (*5pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Feral Warpwolf (9pts)
* Pureblood Warpwolf (9pts)
Druids of Orboros (Leader and 5 Grunts) (7pts)
* Druid of Orboros Overseer (2pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Tharn Bloodtrackers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)

My hope is to use the Grove to drop at least one Lightning Storm on the Forge Guard before they can engage and either start getting them off the board or putting damage on Harbinger if she uses Martyrdom. Likewise with the Druids (who can also hopefully cover the rest of the dudes as they move up) to chuck the Devouring on either the Forge Guard or the Bastions and thin them out before they kill me with those 3d6 to hit, 4d6 damage charges.

I'm sure he'll kill the Grove ASAP but for 1 point I figure if I even get one Lightning Storm out it's worth it.

I haven't forgotten about the Woldstalkers but I don't have the models yet.

e: I should say that I feel like a bit of a dick trying to design a list to beat his but he did create his specifically to fight Circle so I feel a little less guilty.
This list is sort of a tough match for Circle. Being out ranged by shooting is always an issue as are high ARM models.

Get a Stalker in there. He will solve a variety of problems. I think the unit comp is good. I am not totally sure you need the Druid UA. Since you'll have to drop 1 pt to switch in a Stalker for the Feral or Pureblood, that leaves you with the option of 2 free points that you can spend on Groves. Bonegrinders might be a good option to stretch out the animus on the Gorax and Stalker. Nothing else jumps to mind as being a great 2pt choice. Ideally you want to close ASAP and take as little losses as you storm towards him.

Another idea is to swap the Pureblood for a Warden. Geomancy is great. They are higher ARM, which is nice. The downsides are that they are awful in combat and not really that hard to crack with another heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Thanks for the thoughts.

I had left out the Stalker because having Martyrdom on the Forgeguard and the Bastions' damage spreading thing neuters both Beserk and Lightning Strike. I'm probably missing something here though.

The Pureblood is there because of the spray, which I also like for pouring maximum poo poo on the infantry. I do have a Warden though so I could try that out instead.

Got to get some Bonegrinders!

e: Incidentally am I completely wrong in thinking that eKrueger is going to do better against that Harbinger list than eKaya? Those are basically my two choices of warlock at the moment since I'm trying not to confuse myself even more by trying to learn a bunch at once.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Thanks for the thoughts.

I had left out the Stalker because having Martyrdom on the Forgeguard and the Bastions' damage spreading thing neuters both Beserk and Lightning Strike. I'm probably missing something here though.

The Pureblood is there because of the spray, which I also like for pouring maximum poo poo on the infantry. I do have a Warden though so I could try that out instead.

Got to get some Bonegrinders!

e: Incidentally am I completely wrong in thinking that eKrueger is going to do better against that Harbinger list than eKaya? Those are basically my two choices of warlock at the moment since I'm trying not to confuse myself even more by trying to learn a bunch at once.
I think both could work. eKaya would have to gamble a bit more and probably feed a heavy in order to push back. eKrueger can trade feats, but then you need to still weather the rest of her army.

I have the exact same issues dealing with armies that can out attrition me, so I am just offering advice that hasn't really paid off for me. I think dealing with tougher matches like that requires more skill than a particular list comp. It is frustrating though.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
It's actually good to hear that it's a tough matchup because that makes me feel like a bit less of a cretin for getting stomped by it. I'll try some variation of the eKrueger list next time I play him and see how it goes. Once I get some Skinwalkers I can get eKaya up to t4 of her theme list and maybe with all the benefits that gets her she'd be able to give it a go.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hey guys, got a question for building Legion of Everblight lists, I'm playing battlebox games with them at the moment and am wondering how to go about building playable 35pt lists. I'm currently awaiting on a Legion of Everblight forces book but I currently own:

pLylyth
eLylyth
Absylonia
4x Shredders
1x Raek
1x Seraph
1x Carnivean
1x Forsaken (awaiting with my Legion book)

What could I expand from this to? I'm looking to play very beast heavy so I was thinking if I did get a unit it would be Striders+UA, but I want those to be a bit of a wait away. I'm looking towards getting an Angelius but without the book I'm a bit unsure how to go about playing Everblight with what I've got. I think I could rustle up a 25pt list with Abbsy though, it'd suck for fury management mind.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 19, 2012

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

It's actually good to hear that it's a tough matchup because that makes me feel like a bit less of a cretin for getting stomped by it. I'll try some variation of the eKrueger list next time I play him and see how it goes. Once I get some Skinwalkers I can get eKaya up to t4 of her theme list and maybe with all the benefits that gets her she'd be able to give it a go.

I want to run some Skinwalkers in my next Kromac list, but I am really skeptical. I also really don't like most of the Circle tiers so I can't really recommend them. pBaulder's tier is amazing, however.

The issue is that often you can get better out of faction stuff. Gators are pretty much better than Skinwalkers in every way I need them to be, but they cost more. If we could somehow get a hold of RNG 14 POW 10s I would probably start putting those in lists. Fire support would be nice. (Also that tier benefits are sometimes underwhelming)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

!amicable posted:

I want to run some Skinwalkers in my next Kromac list, but I am really skeptical. I also really don't like most of the Circle tiers so I can't really recommend them. pBaulder's tier is amazing, however.

The issue is that often you can get better out of faction stuff. Gators are pretty much better than Skinwalkers in every way I need them to be, but they cost more. If we could somehow get a hold of RNG 14 POW 10s I would probably start putting those in lists. Fire support would be nice. (Also that tier benefits are sometimes underwhelming)

ekaya t4 is pretty awesome. AD heavies, am skinwalkers, and a discount on heavies to make up for the skinwalkers. I typically stick 3 heavies in at 35, making the skinwalkers essentially cost 2pts for a min unit. Not bad for 3 8 wound models.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

ekaya t4 is pretty awesome. AD heavies, am skinwalkers, and a discount on heavies to make up for the skinwalkers. I typically stick 3 heavies in at 35, making the skinwalkers essentially cost 2pts for a min unit. Not bad for 3 8 wound models.

When you put it that way...

I keep meaning to grab eKaya and eBaulder...but then I'll want a Fulcrum too :saddowns:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Flipswitch posted:

Hey guys, got a question for building Legion of Everblight lists, I'm playing battlebox games with them at the moment and am wondering how to go about building playable 35pt lists. I'm currently awaiting on a Legion of Everblight forces book but I currently own:

pLylyth
eLylyth
Absylonia
4x Shredders
1x Raek
1x Seraph
1x Carnivean
1x Forsaken (awaiting with my Legion book)

What could I expand from this to? I'm looking to play very beast heavy so I was thinking if I did get a unit it would be Striders+UA, but I want those to be a bit of a wait away. I'm looking towards getting an Angelius but without the book I'm a bit unsure how to go about playing Everblight with what I've got. I think I could rustle up a 25pt list with Abbsy though, it'd suck for fury management mind.

If you want to play beast heavy, the best unit is indeed Striders + UA. In fact, they're pretty much the best unit in Legion period. An Angelius is a great idea, those things can do some serious damage. Picking up a couple of plastic heavy kits and magnetizing them into (at least) Scytheans + Ravagores would massively open up your options in terms of lists. A Shepherd or two wouldn't be a bad idea, if I'm running a lot of beasts, I like to have at least two fury management pieces. A blister of spell martyrs wouldn't hurt if you're looking to expand on your caster selection a bit, and on that front, Vayl 2 (Consul) and Saeryn are probably your best bets in terms of warlocks that can run a lot of beasts effectively.

At some point down the road, I'd look to add a unit of Legionnaires and a Spawning Vessel, which combined make an excellent and efficient tarpit. I can't currently recommend the Legionnaire UA, but I need to get some more table time in with him before making a final call.

e: A Strider Deathstalker or two will infuriate your opponents as well, and a Nephilim Bolt Thrower really makes Lylyth 2 sing (pushing people out of cover is hilarious).

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I was planning on picking up two heavy kits at some point and magnetizing them to make 3 Carnies/2 Ravs/2 Scytheans as I thought that would be quite cool. They don't sound too hard to magnetize either which sounds good. An Angelius sounds good purely on the AP side of things from what I remember reading a while back.

I've not looked into Saeryn but someone did say to me if I took her and an Angelius he would refuse to play me which sounded promising, something about her feat making them nigh impossible to kill. :D

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

stabbington posted:

Picking up a couple of plastic heavy kits and magnetizing them into (at least) Scytheans + Ravagores would massively open up your options in terms of lists. A Shepherd or two wouldn't be a bad idea, if I'm running a lot of beasts, I like to have at least two fury management pieces.

Seconding this part for sure. Having two magnetized heavy kits that you could swap between Ravagores and other heavies would be really useful the flexibility of list construction.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

!amicable posted:

When you put it that way...

I keep meaning to grab eKaya and eBaulder...but then I'll want a Fulcrum too :saddowns:

I don't really know what I'm doing with her yet but eKaya is a blast man. She runs beasts like nobody's business and can pull some fun trickery with Laris.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Hey, I don't have the Aiyana card in front of me, but does Kiss of Lyliss debuff armor or is it worded in some weird way? How does it interact with covering fire templates or eSorscha's feat?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Its whenever model/unit takes a damage roll, add +2 to it. So it works on covering fire/non-attack damage rolls. Its also a round, so that means fire is pow 14 next turn. Ugh.

The Gentleman
Jun 21, 2012
Had a few matches against my Cygnar friend, and I'm not yet entirely happy with how they turned out. Did a lot of mistakes in positioning, letting two light warjacks get torn apart by a Stormclad. Most importantly, my Choir and Vassal kept dying to Electro-Leap, which was endlessly irritating, and I have no idea how to protect myself.

The Vassal could avoid it with careful placing, but with Electro-Leap on 4", it was a thin margin for being out of range to boost a Jack. Even with choir of passage, there were things to target, or land spells against. My friend ran Artificer General Nemo, so most things had Electro-leap one way or another. He also made use of Cavalry, which distracted my Vanquisher half the match, and threatened to run over my choir and Warcaster. I lacked enough ranged to deal with them properly.

My 30pt list was as follows:

pSeverius
Crusader
Vanquisher
Revenger
Repenter

Vassal
4xChoir
5x Bastions

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

!amicable posted:

You don't martyr that much either, which I though was odd. Because you tank her up in the back field, so why not eat a few damage to make her infantry that much more annoying.

Cause I'm a big baby. But really I've switched styles with her in the past 2 weeks into a ranged heavy focus. Where she is literally sitting on 0 Focus and the only time I martyr is to save Choir / Vassals.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

PaintVagrant posted:

Its whenever model/unit takes a damage roll, add +2 to it. So it works on covering fire/non-attack damage rolls. Its also a round, so that means fire is pow 14 next turn. Ugh.

I may put them and Ragman with a Conquest. I feel like 4x 3" POW10 equivalent is a pretty good time...

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Still lovely cellphone pics til I find my camera's card reader, but I think the colorscheme for my cryx is coming together.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Love those colors! I hate Bane Thralls coming towards me, but I wouldn't hate those coming towards me that much... =)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Looks pretty kickin, I love green and purple. My banes are purple too :hfive:

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
So, now that Gencon is over, any good stories/games from those of you that went?

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.

Gay Polymers posted:

So, now that Gencon is over, any good stories/games from those of you that went?

Hanging with the Muse on Minis people and running IK RPG for them and a goon who showed up was rockin. Having Crump take my badge to get into a tourney and making me late for painting seminars was a fun little adventure what made it priceless was he had his badge in poket the whole time.

Sricero fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 21, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Gay Polymers posted:

I have a few but given that I drove back from Indianapolis to Massachusetts via Pennsylvania (to drop someone off) and then IMMEDIATELY worked a 13 hour day, I am too delirious to relate them now. Will soon.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I have a few but given that I drove back from Indianapolis to Massachusetts via Pennsylvania (to drop someone off) and then IMMEDIATELY worked a 13 hour day, I am too delirious to relate them now. Will soon.

You crazy bastard.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Painted this up for Fyrbrands/Muggins blog, :siren:Freshcoast 40k. :siren:

They run 40k and warmachine articles about the burgeoning Flint, MI scene, and are sponsored by their awesome LGS who is a legit online retailer as well.

Played some games with him tonight, up to about 8? or so games with him. As far as I can remember, Im 7-1. Not that Im bragging about my record, but theres something about his playstyle that really clicks with me so far.

Ashen Veiled Satyxis Raiders are pretty incredible. Carnage really helps out mechthralls and raiders, which are the 2 units I ran tonight.

My list was:

Asphyxious the Hellbringer (*4pts)
* Cankerworm (5pts)
* Deathjack (12pts)
* Malice (9pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (5pts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls (2pts)
Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (2pts)
Necrotech & 1 Scrap Thrall (1pts)
Pistol Wraith (3pts)
Pistol Wraith (3pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

I think after some playtime, Malice feels redundant. Hes a threat range extender with a caster that has mobility. Hes also expensive and has very little melee output overall. So hes getting the axe. Not sure what I will replace him with though.

Pistol Wraiths as usual are all-stars. WWS are always amazing, even if I run out of jacks their sprays are worth their 2 points alone.

Generally speaking, if I get first turn, I can get DJ, the raiders, and canker WAY up the table with mobility. I had DJ 28" from my table edge today at the top of 1. There was a wall on my opponenets side of the table that I ran him too, although it ultimately got DJ killed, it slowed up their advance so much that it enabled me to win on scenario pretty easily against an Ossyan gunline.

Gaspy gets way up the field as well on his feat turn, which is usually turn 2 or 3 depending on how the battle lines are forming. I camp 3+ focus, usually ashen veil myself (not always) and feat. I try to block charge lanes a bit with my models/terrain and make it look tempting to kill my Gaspy...but not easy. I usually net about 3-4 souls vs warmachine, and 6+ against hordes. I have yet to have him assassinated, my one loss so far was on scenario to Cassius, who dominates middle scenarios.

After the feat turn, that extra focus ends up allowing me to scrap a heavy or finish off a unit or something and still have a really nice camp. Gaspy3 is a monster in the late game, and thats usually when he has to be because his army is usually in shambles by then.

I like him against hordes better than warmachine typically, because of the feat and because ashen veil works better against all living enemies. Hordes also just has a harder time with high armor casters and lacks tools to remove camp. (usually) But I wouldnt say he has a bad matchup against warmachine, although Im a bit leary of the menoth matchup.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Seems like he'd like a pair of stalkers or a Seether. Or maybe even Nightmare.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's beautiful, PaintVagrant. Just curious, how much do you charge for comissions?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Sab669 posted:

That's beautiful, PaintVagrant. Just curious, how much do you charge for comissions?

click the av link, post there!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

S.J. posted:

Seems like he'd like a pair of stalkers or a Seether. Or maybe even Nightmare.

I was considering nightmare, but I dont want to get used to running both DJ and nightmare in one list for character restrictions. I really hate the seether, it just dies too easy and he cant stop it from happening :smith:

I was thinking replace DJ and malice with a kraken + some other stuff. Not sure though.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Macero posted:

Hanging with the Muse on Minis people and running IK RPG for them and a goon who showed up was rockin. Having Crump take my badge to get into a tourney and making me late for painting seminars was a fun little adventure what made it priceless was he had his badge in poket the whole time.

Amusing that you use the term rockin as I was that other goon. You were seriously one of the best gm's I've had in a while. Also gently caress that farrow warlord.

P.s. I'm also a muse on mini'er.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

For those who have looked at the IKRPG, can you share your impressions? I'm worried that it's going to be too combat focused, and unplayable without miniatures and terrain.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

It seems like that list might stuggle with high armor spam, and/or colossals, if you were going to drop Malice I'd drop a WWS and slap in a max unit of Thralls with ua. Failing that, if you'd rather have a jack you can't go wrong with a Seether.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

I'm trying to decide what units I should get to compliment my trollblood battle box. I'm just gonna put my thoughts here and ask for people's opinions. Either way I'm getting a Mauler and Krielstone bearer unit in the near future.

1) Champions, 2 hand weapons, so each one gets 2 attacks, Def 12 Arm 16(18 in base-to-base with ally, 20 with krielstone!), MAT7 and P&S 11. HP: 8. The good is that they're beastly, the weapon-master damage makes them actually a threat to jacks, where as most infantry will just nickel&dime them, and they are really tough to kill. Unfortunately it's 6 points for 3 or 10 points for 5. UAs Skaldi and Hero are 3 ponts each too, that's a shitton of points to dump. Then again, each one could be as strong as 2 of the other options.

2) Fennblades, 1 P&S12 attack with reach, MAT of 6. Def 12 ARM 14, 1hp. The good is that they have reach and they're cheap, 5 points for 6 dudes, or 8 for 10. They also have a cool mini-feat that lets them get a free attack on someone who kills one. The downside is at ARM14 they'll drop like flies, even with tough. At least the enemy will have to boost to hurt the champs. Reach and Vengeance are pretty, and I hear a lot of people swear by them. I could see this as a 2nd unit, but not without one of the others to bulk up the army.

3) Kriel Warriors, 1 P&S 10 attack, MAT of only 5, but they can buff +2 to attack and damage each turn if they sacrifice the speed buff [so probably not when they charge]. Def 12 and ARM 15 isn't terrible, and they're cheap as hell [6 points for 10 units]. The icing is that I could get the caberman on it which gives me one reach unit that auto-slams if he hits. The knockdown would be lethal, but that's just 1 unit in the group. Overall weak (albeit cheap) fodder in an army that's designed around being as burly as possible. Amazing unit attachment though. The Kriel Piper makes his unit unable to be knocked down. If I read it right, if you get punked and make a tough roll, you're normally knocked down with 1hp instead of DOA. With Steady, you literally stand there, take the giant axe to the face, make the tough roll, and just yell back at them.

I was leaning towards champions, but the UAs of the Kriel seem really really nice.

Edit: Someone else recommended scouts? I guess they're ok or something? they look pretty vanilla compared to the other options.

Signal posted:

For those who have looked at the IKRPG, can you share your impressions? I'm worried that it's going to be too combat focused, and unplayable without miniatures and terrain.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501966

Long story short, It'll probably be unplayable without minis and terrain in the same way that D&D needs minis and a grid of 1" squares (i.e. you could adapt it without, but it's really made for that). But "too combat focused" is a function of the GM and the people you play with more than of the system.

Alpha Phoenix fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 21, 2012

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
You want one of Fennblades or Kriel Warriors, pretty much dictated by your budget (fenns are a full unit plastic box plus metal UA, vs. kriels being One Million Dollars) and your ability/desire to haul the sheer mass of a full kriel boat.

Champs are an excellent supplement to either of those, but work best in concert with them, not in exchange for. You could also run long riders in that "multiwound motherfucker" slot.

Scouts are, in fact, merely okay. The models are neat, but their stats aren't exactly stellar, and they work better as a unit that moves up the side of the board and messes with your opponent's flank than a real army anchor/tarpit like Fennblades/Kriel Warriors.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Alpha Phoenix posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501966

Long story short, It'll probably be unplayable without minis and terrain in the same way that D&D needs minis and a grid of 1" squares (i.e. you could adapt it without, but it's really made for that). But "too combat focused" is a function of the GM and the people you play with more than of the system.

Oh hey, I missed a thread. Thanks Alpha.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

In the attempt to break out of the "auto include" syndrome that half of my lists are effected by, I'm going to be taking this today:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Protectorate of Menoth
Casters: 1/1
Thyra, Flame of Sorrow (*6pts)
* Revenger (6pts)
* Blood of Martyrs (9pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer (2pts)
Nicia, Tear of Vengeance (3pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

It still has the Avatar and Covenant. :negative:

Does anyone else find they get that sort of auto include for army lists when making them? I'm finding my lists seem to be these days to be very much drop and drag and it's hard to break the habit.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

PaintVagrant posted:

Painted this up for Fyrbrands/Muggins blog,

Fuckin' hell, man. This is gorgeous.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
PV brings the pain(t).

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I finally got a chance to Live The (Skorne) Dream at Gen Con. The natural Skorne response to Stormwalls is "So what? I'll just one-round it with a Bronzeback." In practice that's harder to do than it sounds with most casters, since it turns out that a 9" linear threat range is fairly easy to stay out of (or jam like crazy). I mean, Makeda can deliver one fairly easily, but nobody else.

So imagine my joy when in a 100 point game (he was running two Stormwalls, two Storm Striders, eStryker and Kara Sloan) I was able to use one Bronzeback to Beat Back through a bunch of Boomhowler trolls and clear a path for the other. And yup, it appears that an enraged Bronzeback can kill an unbuffed Stormwall fairly comfortably in one round. The look on his face...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

pMorg and Xerxis do it pretty well too, I've one-rounded an arcane shield Stormwall and had 2 fury left over. :v:

• Locked thread