Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

AgentF posted:

Is your interpretation based on style guides as written, or what the author originally intended? Remember that a houserule that falls into common use and becomes accepted is still a houserule.
Not in a living language, it isn't. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
So where is the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy GW kits if I live in the US? I have been out of the hobby for a good while, does the War Store still do big discounts over MSRP? Is anyone else doing it cheaper?

edit: Also, is all Finecast stuff poo poo? I was excited to see the Plague Marines since I can't loving stand working with metal minis for some reason, but I don't want to get a bunch of resin dudes that are splitting in half / full of bubbles, etc., even if that is a bit Nurgle-y.

Honey Badger fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 20, 2012

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Finecast seems really hit and miss. You have people like me who have had no trouble with it, and then you have people who have had to deal with terrible flaws.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Like many other goons, I've been interested in warhams for a long-rear end time. Recently, I've needed a distraction from horrible RL things, so I decided to, after some discussion with some cool goons, to pick up 40k again.

So, since april I've been slowly putting together (at Australian prices :australia: ) and painting an army to get back into the hobby, and learning to paint again (this time using an airbrush for mass stuff) since I havnt really painted any models since 3rd ed came out (spraying necrons with boltgun metal spray doesnt count).

A few people have been bugging me for army shots, so fed up with the nagging I took my favourite little mans that I've actually painted and set them up on my lounge table.

Apologies for the terrible pics, but my camera sucks and I dont have a tripod for it.

Army shots

Tank shots

More army shots

My captain I put together with bits because why not?

Aobr dreadnought

Poorly lit shot of my Storm Raven that I'll never be able to legally use in game :v:

So thats pretty much them. On the painting table now is 2 Tactical squads, 2x5 man assaults (to shore up the 5 man squads painted already), a devastator squad with spare weapons, 2 storm talons, a land raider redeemer and another storm raven.

I've chronicled my adventures in learing to paint and model again here if anyone wants to see in progress shots or my painting table or whatever.

Fake edit: To whoever asked if hawk lords could work, just imagine the above with a more royal purple, and gold trims, and there you go.

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 20, 2012

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Honey Badger posted:

edit: Also, is all Finecast stuff poo poo? I was excited to see the Plague Marines since I can't loving stand working with metal minis for some reason, but I don't want to get a bunch of resin dudes that are splitting in half / full of bubbles, etc., even if that is a bit Nurgle-y.

Finecast seems to have a success rate about the same as metal kits. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've not had any serious problems but i have heard of people have serious problems, but I've heard people have serious problems with metal kits. Hell, when I worked in Direct Services, i heard some crazy stuff. I think the oddest thing I heard was a guy bought a box of aspect warriors, and what was inside was 5 globs of metal that vaguely resembled the aspect warriors.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Colon V posted:

Not in a living language, it isn't. :eng101:

* Moves my Bloodletters 20" *

:v: Oh, it's a living ruleset. Yeah, I seen enough people do this that it's legitimate now.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

PeterWeller posted:

Finecast seems really hit and miss. You have people like me who have had no trouble with it, and then you have people who have had to deal with terrible flaws.

The problem with finecast isn't the common flaws, the problem with finecast is it melts, misshapes, breaks easily and is in all other ways (except for detail) poo poo. Finecast is awful and GW should be ashamed of it and we should all stop buying it forever.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

AgentF posted:

* Moves my Bloodletters 20" *

:v: Oh, it's a living ruleset. Yeah, I seen enough people do this that it's legitimate now.

Luckily that door doesn't swing both ways. Languages aren't set in stone anywhere, despite what many wish/like to think. A rulebook that acted like a language would be awful. Beyond power creep. Beyond good and evil. Beyond your wildest imagination.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Smegmalicious posted:

The problem with finecast isn't the common flaws, the problem with finecast is it melts, misshapes, breaks easily and is in all other ways (except for detail) poo poo. Finecast is awful and GW should be ashamed of it and we should all stop buying it forever.

I haven't had any of those problems. In my experience finecast models survive falls better than their metal counterparts.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Not actually having the 6th edition rules yet, how do allied contingents work?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PeterWeller posted:

I haven't had any of those problems. In my experience finecast models survive falls better than their metal counterparts.

Not to mention they are easier to glue back together.

I find regular store brand crazy glue bonds it almost instantly.

There are two methods on getting the resin to be straight when you get curved stuff, one is hot water in a bowl, the other is a hair dryer. Is one method generally better? I have used the hot water method, but its hard to get water hot enough to bend the resin but also cool enough to not scald my hands.

I didn't see it listed anywhere, but any rumors on how much the 6th ed box will cost? I'm hoping that it runs the same amount as black reach.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Smegmalicious posted:

This.

My friend has gotten so many lovely finecast modeles by now. Fixing them is a chore, sometimes impossible. Getting replacements is a PITA unless you buy from a GW store.

EDIT: There are a few kits that benefit from now being finecast, like zoantropes and other imbalanced models where weight was an issue.

cat with hands fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 20, 2012

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Thundercloud posted:

Not actually having the 6th edition rules yet, how do allied contingents work?

A second army from a different codex. No points limit but the FOC is much smaller. You have to reference a chart to see if you can bring your specific army/allies combination, and even then it might place restrictions on you such as having your entire allies list do nothing for an entire turn if you roll a 1.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
drat, those new figures are sweet. Gonna get some cultists to use as Penal Legionnaires.

So I haven't read the rulebook completely yet, but are searchlights worth it? And if they are, should I put a searchlight on a Leman Russ, reasoning that it's strong enough to survive becoming visible, or on a Sentinel, reasoning that it's so cheap I won't mind it getting destroyed the next turn? Or on both in case plans backfire?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Searchlights come standard on Leman Russes, otherwise if you have the point to spare and expect night fighting?

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/430896.page

Yep! Posting that and then not checking the thread for 24 hours was a great roulette wheel of 'will people think I'm too stupid to live'? I'm glad no one thought I'd posted them.

Okay one more:

quote:

back ground
born on amlon prime [recorded destroyed by inquisition]

after his sixth birthday the planet amlon was invaded by ork warlord skarguts who went ahead and slaughtered all beings he could find as if luring some force to the planet, when 2 weeks went by after the ork laughed in the air at the puny hummies one of his mega nobz fell to the floor a single wound to its face, the warlord looked at the direction he saw a crimson armoured terminator holding a bolter a sword in the ground as he drooped the bolter he picked the sword up and bellowed into the air.

"ork face me in single combat lets see if you are as strong as you say."

"who are you to challenge me hummie."

"i am the lord watchman leader of the blood watchmen" as he said this the ork roared with delight.

"i knew if we attacked your worlds you would appear."

as the warlord ran forward and arrived at a clearing the lord watchman was sat their waiting for him.
as the fight began movement caught the warlords eye and he shot with his big shooter, a scream hit the watchman's ears as he saw a woman holding a child fall to the ground.

"pathetic humie cant take a bullet."

as he spoke he turned to see a light erupt around the watchman's sword

"you coward she was defenseless" as he spoke flames erupted from his sword "you have forced my hand, hell dart is hungry now."

as the ork lunged out with his power claw the watchman grabbed he claw from the side and cut the ork and severed its left arm and leg, though the ork activated a transporter device he vanished as did the majority of the orks.

as he went to the woman she was barley able to move.

"i am sorry" as he spoke she passed him the child "i will protect him with my life" as he spoke he saw his marines take out the remaining orks.

ten years later the boy entered the scout company lead by philateties who kept a close eye on him.

he was recorded with nearly twenty thousand kills with his sniper and double that with a chain-sword, the biggest foe killed was a dominatrix he strapped twenty melta bombs too while it was fighting philateties.

after 30 years he was an accomplished space marine in the service of the third company the archangels, he served under sergeant veron who he served with in many campaigns lead by the blood watchmen, of which crusade amlon beta was his most accomplished with a score of nearly 300 ork kills and 100 traitor kills
where he saw his older brother for the first time since he had been taken to become a marine by the man known as airman for his psychic potential, as veron was killed by the brother luminous picked his sergeants sword up and fought his brother and would have lost until a glaive encarmen pierced his chest and stood their was a sanguine guard.

as luminous looked around he saw the lord watchman fighting alongside commander Dante against a blood thirstier.

as he saw a red being walk behind the two chapter masters he rushed forward and activated his jump pack landing before the skull taker. drawing his chain-sword in one hand and the power weapon in his other and clashed about ten meeter's away from Dante and his chapter master.

he knew he could not win but he still fought with his all, as he was about to get killed by the daemon a psycher kicked the daemon away and standing there offering luminous a hand was the lord of death, chief librarian mephiston who smiled at the marine and said one word

"nice attempt but this is no job for a novice" as he said this the daemon was assaulted by the librarian, as he did he saw the marine join him and with each move he matched mephiston with grace and speed using his jump pack as an extra speed boost to dodge the attacks of the daemon, while mephiston pounded the daemon, after an hour the daemon was killed by two blows one from the librarian to its head the other by luminous to its chest

at the end of the battle Dante saw his chief librarian talk openly to the marine a sight that he found most strange but he then saw the boys face and looked at the watchman.

"he is from amlon prime" as the watchman spoke Dante looked at him "he was the only survivor i could save."

as he spoke a sanguine guard walked forward holding an Angeles boltgun and gave it with an armour piece and to luminous.

as the blood angels left an inquisitor walked towards the lord watchman, "may i ask that you let the marine there serve as part of a kill team under the watch of the ordo xeno."

"ask him not me it is his choice to make."

after serving in the death watch with levitas he was promoted to champion when levitas became chapter master

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Mephiston posted:

Like many other goons, I've been interested in warhams for a long-rear end time. Recently, I've needed a distraction from horrible RL things, so I decided to, after some discussion with some cool goons, to pick up 40k again.

So, since april I've been slowly putting together (at Australian prices :australia: ) and painting an army to get back into the hobby, and learning to paint again (this time using an airbrush for mass stuff) since I havnt really painted any models since 3rd ed came out (spraying necrons with boltgun metal spray doesnt count).

Poorly lit shot of my Storm Raven that I'll never be able to legally use in game :v:

G'day Ausgoon. If you're looking at getting more stuff I'm doing occasional big order smuggling runs if you're chasing something and okay with waiting. I'm in WA but it's easy and cheap to post it other places.

As for your Storm Raven, you should absolutely ally that in. Just make one of your Assault Squads count as Blood Angels and grab a HQ choice like a Chaplain, Librarian or something and attach them and there you go. Rules wise your assault marines lose combat tactics but may get Furious Charge, so even just modelling them as slightly more battle-torn or something would be a neat way to stand them out or even make all your Assault Marines counts-as to free up your Fast Attack slots even more so.

I'm a huge fan of allies for making stuff work.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Karandras posted:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/430896.page

Yep! Posting that and then not checking the thread for 24 hours was a great roulette wheel of 'will people think I'm too stupid to live'? I'm glad no one thought I'd posted them.

Okay one more:

Sweet jesus, what is WRONG with people?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Fil5000 posted:

Sweet jesus, what is WRONG with people?
They were probably born around your SA Forum join date? Bear in mind the sort of gamer that posts to SA is not the core sales demographic for GW.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Karandras posted:

G'day Ausgoon. If you're looking at getting more stuff I'm doing occasional big order smuggling runs if you're chasing something and okay with waiting. I'm in WA but it's easy and cheap to post it other places.

As for your Storm Raven, you should absolutely ally that in. Just make one of your Assault Squads count as Blood Angels and grab a HQ choice like a Chaplain, Librarian or something and attach them and there you go. Rules wise your assault marines lose combat tactics but may get Furious Charge, so even just modelling them as slightly more battle-torn or something would be a neat way to stand them out or even make all your Assault Marines counts-as to free up your Fast Attack slots even more so.

I'm a huge fan of allies for making stuff work.

That.. is a really devious idea. I love it. Given my username, one can extrapolate how much of a fan of blood angels I was at one point, and still am to a certain degree. Funnily enough I have a box of death company I could probably use.

How would i go about that? I'm not sure on the blood angels rules for FoC coherency. Do assaults count as troops? Or do I still have to take 1hq and 2troop for it to become viable?

Edit: as I said earlier, I still have 1 captain, 20 tacs, 10 assaults and another stormraven sitting on my painting table primered but not based, could I use those for allies since I could probably paint them up as blood angels?

Mephiston fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 20, 2012

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

I now have 9 drop pods, which is awesome. But how the gently caress do I transport them in a sensible way?

The kaisers are awesome for infantry, but not really a cost or space effective solution for bulky vehicles.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Shockeh posted:

They were probably born around your SA Forum join date? Bear in mind the sort of gamer that posts to SA is not the core sales demographic for GW.

Eh, fair point. Anyone up to the age of about 14 should get a pass on writing terrible fanfiction.

Mephiston, for allies you need one HQ and one troop choice. BA assault squads count as troops, as do Death Company (but DC can't capture objectives).

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Edit: ^^ woo, thanks.

I just use leftover foam from my KR cases and pack them into their boxes until i get a new KR case for my stuff. Works pretty well for land raiders and storm ravens

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

cat with hands posted:

I now have 9 drop pods, which is awesome. But how the gently caress do I transport them in a sensible way?

The kaisers are awesome for infantry, but not really a cost or space effective solution for bulky vehicles.

The sensible way to transport 9 drop pods is to never, ever buy that loving many.

I dropped from 2nd to 7th in a tournament on Saturday almost entirely because I forgot that a) you can't assault out of a non-AssVeh/open-topped vehicle and b) Vendettas have extra armour. Fuuuuck.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cat with hands posted:

Grind them down, glue on your bases. You now have the most awesome flock ever.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Mephiston posted:

How would i go about that? I'm not sure on the blood angels rules for FoC coherency. Do assaults count as troops? Or do I still have to take 1hq and 2troop for it to become viable?

Edit: as I said earlier, I still have 1 captain, 20 tacs, 10 assaults and another stormraven sitting on my painting table primered but not based, could I use those for allies since I could probably paint them up as blood angels?

Okay, so Blood Angels are basically the same except, yep, Assault Marines as troops and they get a couple of neat extra options like Sanguinary Guard, Death Company (Also troops!) etc.

In order to ally you need one HQ and one Troops and then you can add an extra Troops, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. The Stormraven is Heavy Support.

Blood Angel Captains are an awful idea, mechanically, and Blood Angel tacs are considered weaker than Codex tacs because they lose combat tactics. However you could easily use those 20 Assault Marines as your Blood Angel group or maybe make up some Death Company.

What's the theme of your current Marines? Is it a custom chapter?

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah custom chapter, although its looking pretty codex right now. Hell, I dont even have a name for it. You may or may not notice that all the tac squads are ML+Flamer, so everything is pretty vanilla.

It was all put together before 6e came out, and its more about what I like rather than what is going to be competative since its all about fun. I just wanted to paint up some custom purple dudes so I got used to dealing with mixing paint and stuff (its like daemonette hide + xereus purple with a bit of naggaroth night thrown in then thinned down)

What would you suggest as a HQ? Chaplain with a jump pack maybe? can they even do that?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Finecast would probably be wonderful if GW hadn't insisted on porting over their back catalogue of models. I'm aware that that would defeat the object of the changeover, but from what I've been able to make out, it's the need to keep their old moulds viable that has lead to such awful casting. It's either that or they somehow chose the worst available materials to work with.

twistedmentat posted:

Not to mention they are easier to glue back together.

I find regular store brand crazy glue bonds it almost instantly.

There are two methods on getting the resin to be straight when you get curved stuff, one is hot water in a bowl, the other is a hair dryer. Is one method generally better? I have used the hot water method, but its hard to get water hot enough to bend the resin but also cool enough to not scald my hands.

I didn't see it listed anywhere, but any rumors on how much the 6th ed box will cost? I'm hoping that it runs the same amount as black reach.

I use the heat function on my sonic bath. I bought it for stripping models, but it works just as well for maintaining an uncomfortable but not harmful water temperature that will soften FC after a couple of seconds.

From what I've read the starter will be £65/85euros/all the Aus$.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mephiston posted:

Yeah custom chapter, although its looking pretty codex right now. Hell, I dont even have a name for it. You may or may not notice that all the tac squads are ML+Flamer, so everything is pretty vanilla.

It was all put together before 6e came out, and its more about what I like rather than what is going to be competative since its all about fun. I just wanted to paint up some custom purple dudes so I got used to dealing with mixing paint and stuff (its like daemonette hide + xereus purple with a bit of naggaroth night thrown in then thinned down)

What would you suggest as a HQ? Chaplain with a jump pack maybe? can they even do that?

They CAN but its not as good a choice as a librarian. Not got the codex handy but I think the HQ chaplain comes out at about 150 points with a jump pack and a librarian about 125 with a jump pack. The librarian is much more useful now that assault has been reduced in importance compared to shooting, and the BRB psychic powers are pretty drat fun.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Mephiston posted:

Blood Angels have three wound HQ Chaplains called Reclusiarchs and, yeah, I think that'd be a cool and thematic HQ choice. I'm currently a big fan of the powerfist/croxius combination, but yeah a Blood Angel chaplain can take a jump pack.

The problem is though that Assault Marines are really bad at assaulting and sticking a chaplain in with them doesn't change it a whole heap.

If you like the models you could take a unit of Sanguinary Guard and paint them up as a special bodyguard unit or something and stick a jump pack Chaplain in with them? It's not the most competitive unit (Assault Terminators are a heap better) but they'll be cool models that'll look great with your army and'll stand out a lot.

The most competitive option is probably a Librarian though, but I'm not sure how much worse they are in 6th edition.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

They CAN but its not as good a choice as a librarian. Not got the codex handy but I think the HQ chaplain comes out at about 150 points with a jump pack and a librarian about 125 with a jump pack. The librarian is much more useful now that assault has been reduced in importance compared to shooting, and the BRB psychic powers are pretty drat fun.

155 pts for the reclusiarch.

Librarians are indeed better, but the problems is picking powers when you stick one in a raven. Divination is great, but not being able to use them for more than half the game is bad.

EDIT: Why not Tycho? He's a got a 2+save, a sweet combimelta with sternguard ammo, close combat attacks that ignores everything and roll 2d6 armor pen. Mobility isn't a huge issue when you can deploy from the raven.

175 pts is not too bad considering.

cat with hands fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 20, 2012

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Do I realistically need to start worrying about AA in 1000 points or can I hold out on it until 1500?

For 1000 points I'm considering:
Warboss on bike w/power klaw, attack squig, cybork & bosspole.
3 biker nobs w/cybork, 2 power klaws, waaagh banner.
20 boyz w/2 big shootas, nob w/pk, armour, bosspole
2 lots of 12 trukk boyz inc. Nob w/pk, armour, bosspole. Trukk w/red paint.
Battlewagon w/deff Rolla, red paint, grot riggers.

Yay or nay?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
That list looks pretty good. Nob Bikerz at 1000pts is a pretty heavy investment by they're incredibly tough to kill without tricks now that they're true T5. If you can find the points for it making one of the Nobs a Painboy is a good investment.

Outside of the list, as Orks you should be able to overpower people with numbers well enough at 1000pts to shrug off the 3-4 wounds per turn the average flyer is going to be putting on you. Then again, you could both bolster your own flyer defense and enjoy one of the best ork models and rules by using a Dakkajet yourself.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So our FLGS had a doubles tournament Saturday, it was pretty fun. Played with a buddy of mine who is transitioning to 40k from Fantasy and has just built a small GK force. Comboed with my small Tyranid force and it worked fairly well. We got stomped game 1 against a Guard/Eldar gunboat army (PSA: massed vehicles still works) on hammer and anvil deployment. Don't feel too bad given that both of us were just playing with what we had, and the other team smashed some excellent players and won the whole tournament.

Our other two games went much better and we beat a Codex marines/BA jumpers teamup and a Chaos/IG teamup. Ended up tied in fourth which was much better than we expected given our lists. Flyrants and tervigons with biomancy powers are just stupidly durable and prone to just absorbing over half an armies firepower without blinking.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

PierreTheMime posted:

That list looks pretty good. Nob Bikerz at 1000pts is a pretty heavy investment by they're incredibly tough to kill without tricks now that they're true T5. If you can find the points for it making one of the Nobs a Painboy is a good investment.

Outside of the list, as Orks you should be able to overpower people with numbers well enough at 1000pts to shrug off the 3-4 wounds per turn the average flyer is going to be putting on you. Then again, you could both bolster your own flyer defense and enjoy one of the best ork models and rules by using a Dakkajet yourself.

Cheers. I know the nobs are a heavy investment but I wanted something to draw fire away from the trukks and to act as a heavy hitter. Is the painboy neccesary on a 3 ork squad? I was going to add him in for 1.5k but didn't think it was needed for 1k.

Other than the nobs I could get regular bikers, but they just seem to be extremely expensive slugga boys?

In terms of flyers I was more worried about the vehicles getting popped too early by them and slowing me down rather than actual direct casualties.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Daedleh posted:

In terms of flyers I was more worried about the vehicles getting popped too early by them and slowing me down rather than actual direct casualties.

The vehicles will be popped by anti-vehicle fire before they're popped by Flyers. Flyers won't start arriving until turn 2+ but your Trukks will likely be taking fire from S6+ longrange fire on the first turn. Just Flat-Out forward the first turn for an 18" move and hope for the best. Really it's for the best if the Trukks get wrecked while you're in range of the front line, that way the boyz can try and get a charge in the next turn.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Probably a really stupid question, but how loose are the rules on orky vehicles from other armies? Let's say I want to use an orkified Rhino or Chimera as a Trukk, is that OK? What about using orkified Land Raiders or similarly large vehicle for Battlewagons? Or would all of these have to be used as Looted Wagons instead?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sykic posted:

Probably a really stupid question, but how loose are the rules on orky vehicles from other armies? Let's say I want to use an orkified Rhino or Chimera as a Trukk, is that OK? What about using orkified Land Raiders or similarly large vehicle for Battlewagons? Or would all of these have to be used as Looted Wagons instead?

Pretty loose. So longas you aren't modelling for some strange size advantage you should be fine.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

cat with hands posted:

155 pts for the reclusiarch.

Librarians are indeed better, but the problems is picking powers when you stick one in a raven. Divination is great, but not being able to use them for more than half the game is bad.

EDIT: Why not Tycho? He's a got a 2+save, a sweet combimelta with sternguard ammo, close combat attacks that ignores everything and roll 2d6 armor pen. Mobility isn't a huge issue when you can deploy from the raven.

175 pts is not too bad considering.

the problem with tycho is that he doesnt have a jump pack as far as i know, while the assaults would. Unless you're suggesting i take tacticals or DC without jump packs? (which would be thematically correct since isnt armageddon tycho death company now?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Aus Goons, you can still order from stores in the US.

A lot of my friends use this eBay store and also from https://www.dicebucket.com.

The eBay store will unbox the miniatures and send them, and dicebucket unboxes some stuff.

If that info could be put in the OP it would be pretty great. I think Australians think that they cannot order from any foreign store, but it is only the UK and European stores that cannot sell to us.

• Locked thread