Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Splizwarf posted:

Can anyone tell me what Auralux is compatible with? Someone mentioned it in the Apps thread and it looks worth trying but is incompatible with everything I own.

Reading is fun y'all:

Auralux on Google Play posted:

Now available on Tegra-based phones running ICS!

It is currently only available for Tegra-based phones and tablets, but we will be opening it up to more devices very soon as we verify the best experience on each device!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Ah, I see. That first part sounds like "This used to not work on these devices but we fixed it!" and the second part is hidden below the "More" button. My bad!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

TheQuagmire posted:

There's also the sequel to Oregon Trail, its called Oregon Settlers or something like that hehe, It's your usual farmville kind of game, pretty addicting too btw.
They're talking about the zombie mashup, Organ Trail, not the terrible gameloft cash-ins.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Good thing I don't usually give a poo poo about a storyline in a lot of rpgs. I'm in it for the combat, the story is just a plus.

Prolly why I hated FF13 so much.
I generally prefer RPGs with decent plot and story however, I really give no fucks when it comes to SRPGs. It's all about the combat, especially with how rare they can be on many platforms.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Smashed my previous high score!

which led to:

...but what do I do now? Where do I go from here? :ohdear:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Have you done the different skin challenges?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Jetpack Joyride is apparently out on the Amazon appstore for free after being an iOS exclusive for about 10 months. A post on the developers' Twitter seems to imply that it'll hit Google Play later this week or the next.

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

Jetpack Joyride is a blast, no pun intended. Very similar to Ski Safari but on crack. It is from the same developer that did Age of Zombies which is another one of my favorites.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone have an invite ID for Blood Brothers?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Anyone have an invite ID for Blood Brothers?

Sure... 7wiTGo

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

mrkillboy posted:

Jetpack Joyride is apparently out on the Amazon appstore for free after being an iOS exclusive for about 10 months. A post on the developers' Twitter seems to imply that it'll hit Google Play later this week or the next.
Oh my god I am so happy about this. I hope it will be updated though, the Android version of Fruit Ninja hasn't been updated for a year. :saddowns:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Oh my god I am so happy about this. I hope it will be updated though, the Android version of Fruit Ninja hasn't been updated for a year. :saddowns:
The paid version of Fruit Ninja actually got a substantial update in March, but I assume you're talking about the free version. Thankfully it looks like this version of Jetpack Joyride has all the updates the iOS version got but I agree that Halfbrick really drags their feet updating their Android ports.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

mrkillboy posted:

The paid version of Fruit Ninja actually got a substantial update in March, but I assume you're talking about the free version. Thankfully it looks like this version of Jetpack Joyride has all the updates the iOS version got but I agree that Halfbrick really drags their feet updating their Android ports.
Huh oh wait, it does! Haven't reinstalled it for a long time so I didn't know they updated it. Still, yeah Halfbrick why don't you want to share al the love with Android. :saddowns:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

mrkillboy posted:

Jetpack Joyride is apparently out on the Amazon appstore for free after being an iOS exclusive for about 10 months.
So what's the IAP model on this one?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

ExcessBLarg! posted:

So what's the IAP model on this one?

You can buy the in game currency. It's the same currency you earn playing, though, so you don't miss out on anything not buying any. They do have a permanent 2x earned coins for $2 which seems reasonable and awesome

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

They do have a permanent 2x earned coins for $2 which seems reasonable and awesome

This is the best IAP in anything that has them. Makes it feel like you've bought a reasonable $2 game.

Are there any Metroidvanias for Android?

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009

Splizwarf posted:

Are there any Metroidvanias for Android?

Dark Incrusion and Phoenix Spirt, from what I found from searching. Haven't played those though.

Reive
May 21, 2009

LoSesMC posted:

Dark Incrusion and Phoenix Spirt, from what I found from searching. Haven't played those though.

Dark Incursion looks badass, if any takes the hit let us know if it's good! (I might later if no one else does)

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

I was interested in this. What's your take on it? Can I pick up and play it bits at a time?

The shooting sections are bullshit-hard to control, and more than once I got murdered within the first two landmarks by random events. Additionally the game will crash if you have no internet connection since it tries to log into whatever Feint clone it uses (Swarm? what?)

It's possible to pick up and play a few turns or a scavenge mission, but you have to sit through two slow title cards every time you start the app from scratch.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Majuju posted:

The shooting sections are bullshit-hard to control, and more than once I got murdered within the first two landmarks by random events. Additionally the game will crash if you have no internet connection since it tries to log into whatever Feint clone it uses (Swarm? what?)

It's possible to pick up and play a few turns or a scavenge mission, but you have to sit through two slow title cards every time you start the app from scratch.

That's everything I needed to know. Thanks!

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Are there any games like Kyle's Quest for the Palm available for Android? I sunk so much time into KQ 1 and 2 with all the different game packs for it. I miss PalmOS so much :(

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Reive posted:

Dark Incursion looks badass, if any takes the hit let us know if it's good! (I might later if no one else does)

Dark Incursion is pretty well put together. You have the usual caveats on the touchscreen controls with a game that requires precise timing (missing the buttons etc etc) but other than that, it's pretty solid and well worth a purchase IMO

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Can it be played with a bluetooth Sixaxis?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

That's everything I needed to know. Thanks!

Since I missed my refund window, I sat down and put in a bunch of time and actually beat it last night. Once you figure out how to efficiently exploit the economy the game isn't that bad - I had huge surpluses of supplies, and a couple of really good car upgrades. That being said I still can't really recommend anyone buy this game - the shooting's a pain in the rear end no matter how good you try and get at it, and the last mission is nothing but shooting (I went through 150+ rounds beating it). Plus the payoff is non-existent - no "YOU ARE WINNER" screen or anything.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

LoSesMC posted:

It's not a metroidvania, but Gunman Clive is probably my favorite sidescroller.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Honestly I'm less looking for the combat and more for the exploration of a big Metroidvania map. I recently finished Shadow Complex again and the itch remains unscratched.

What I really want is Shadow Complex with randomly generated (and bigger) maps to delve.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah I just don't enjoy the onscreen dpad and button stuff, so until I pick up something bluetooth to do that for me etc, I just avoid those games for the most part. :(

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Splizwarf posted:

Honestly I'm less looking for the combat and more for the exploration of a big Metroidvania map. I recently finished Shadow Complex again and the itch remains unscratched.

What I really want is Shadow Complex with randomly generated (and bigger) maps to delve.

I'm not nearly far enough in to be able to tell if this will do, but it appears in the first 25 minutes or so of the game that it's going to be rather linear :( sorry :(

Unsure if it can be played via Sixaxis. There aren't any native settings within the options about it, but it might work via a 3rd party program?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Game Genres I Still Enjoy on Android:

Kairosoft busywork games
Bog standard tower defense games
One-touch go-forward games

Shooters
Puzzle Games
Tetris (always Tetris)

Guess I'm going to have to load ScummVM and bust out Day of the Tentacle. I can't remember the puzzles anymore.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I just want something like Rune Forest or Harvest moon, without it being another tiny rear end kairosoft map. Something that looks like an SNES Zelda game, where I can plant radishes and dig up gems from under weeds, and go fishing, send presents to friends without there being some bullshit invite-for-rewards or PTP crap coming in to play too much, etc. :allears:

Muffiner
Sep 16, 2009
I'm not sure if this has been poseted before, but for those of us who are addicted to both Minesweeper MineCraft, there is MineCraft Sweeper:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.misiunas.mcs&hl=en

This thing is addictive. You have been warned.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

God drat, Blood Brothers pisses me off. I'm fighting level 20s with loving four star epics and four star rares, or a level 32 with two epics that just poo poo all over my face and prevent me from getting any sort of win streak :\

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Guess I'm going to have to load ScummVM and bust out Day of the Tentacle. I can't remember the puzzles anymore.

If they have actually done some work on that and it supports an absolute cursor please let us know. I couldn't stand having to shunt a cursor around on the touch screen and deleted it.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Has anyone played Tavern Quest much?

I just picked it up today and I'm having a pretty good time with it. It's basically you're standard time management game but with play sessions lasting a bit longer than most.

You run a tavern which you design yourself and prepare meals for customers, but you also collect RPG archetype characters to send out on quests, which play something like Swords and Soldiers boss fights.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

General_Failure posted:

If they have actually done some work on that and it supports an absolute cursor please let us know. I couldn't stand having to shunt a cursor around on the touch screen and deleted it.

It does support that now, it's amazing on the N7. You have to tick one of the MIDI options to enable it, check the manual, I'm on my phone now or I'd look it up but it's a simple tickbox job.

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010
It's a shame that I can't get Game Dev Story to work on my Nexus 7. I had no problems with the Lite version, but the purchasable version seems to be giving me an error.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Loonytoad Quack posted:

It does support that now, it's amazing on the N7. You have to tick one of the MIDI options to enable it, check the manual, I'm on my phone now or I'd look it up but it's a simple tickbox job.

That's a bit weird. Wonder if it was ported by the same person that designed the Eclipse IDE menu layout. I know what I'm downloading again. ScummVM has been a staple of pretty much every computer / device I have and the pointer issue was a real deal breaker for me. Thanks!

I just caved and bought GTA3. I know it works on my tablet because I got it for my other half shortly after her tablet arrived. Sure I know the game backwards and inside out, but it is still one of my all time favourites and I haven't found anything else that fills some of the niches in gaming on Android which I have been craving.
Even though I can't control it for poo poo I'm really loving Asphalt 6. 7 seemed to have really mixed reviews so 6 got my $0.99.

...wtf, GTA3 installer stopped with 2kb to go. not happy.

edit: hit cancel after a while and apparently the game installed. If I see any issues later on I'll reinstall but otherwise why bother.

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 22, 2012

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm guessing the paid version of Battle for Westnoth has the same UI as the free trial? :(

I find it pretty hard to use on a touch screen, had a good fling with that game back when I was running on Linux for a while, would be nice to play it again.

Any similar games around recommended for Android? (turn based strategy with some character progression and levelling, hex based optional, fantasy prefered not space stuff)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Huh oh wait, it does! Haven't reinstalled it for a long time so I didn't know they updated it. Still, yeah Halfbrick why don't you want to share al the love with Android. :saddowns:
Well it turns out we're apparently still waiting on the major anniversary update that the iOS version of Fruit Ninja got back in May, as well as another one in June :(

I recall reading somewhere that the supposed reason we get updates from Halfbrick so late is that they only have one or two people on staff doing the porting to Android. Whether that's true or not its still really disappointing since there's quite a few devs who are able to get simultaneous iOS/Android updates out the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hi guys,

I am new to Android gaming, having just gotten a Nexus 7. I'm a fan of emulation and especially old DOS games, and was hoping it would be possible to have a version of DOSBox that emulates a mouse click at the point where the touchscreen is tapped. I don't know what the proper word for this is, but it would make icon driven games like Might and Magic 3, 4 and 5 perfect on this tablet - old icon driven / mouse only games would suit the device perfectly. I've tried aDOSBox which crashes a lot (and doesn't seem to have this figure) and am now trying the experimental 'absolute' positioning in DOSBox Turbo.

1. Has anyone gotten this to work very well? EDIT: And if so, with which games and did you tweak the config in any way to improve accuracy?
2. How do you emulate the Escape key?

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 22, 2012

• Locked thread