Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I'm hoping Fredericks calls in tonight with news/personal stories about this dude...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/07/13163517-man-arrested-in-florida-with-fake-military-ids-uniforms-ammunition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

Hey, maybe one of you guys can help me find something I was looking for. It was a call from the little kid Mac and it was/is featured in the Gems podcast. Mac was reading a book about metal and Wurster calls in and fucks with him pretending to be the bassist from some cock rock band that was featured in it. Hilarious call but I can't find it in the gems archive and I know it was there at one point. Those don't get deleted over time right?

Also, the ban is long over. We need a new thread title.

Yes what should I new title be? Also, how do I change the title or can only a mod do it?

I see 3 new posts and immediately think Tom has finally called it quits.

Edit: Is this the one? http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=1&show=33849&archive=57210

"How many pull-ups can you do?"

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 7, 2012

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Binowru posted:

This only goes back to 2009 but it's basically exactly what you're asking for: http://wfmu.org/playlists/BD

I knew about that, but I'm talking about a comprehensive list like this:http://buffcoat.blogspot.com/

Only with links to the calls.

Edit: Links to JUST the calls, I mean. I guess it isn't too hard to find the calls on the Best Show archives but I'd like to download a bunch of them and listen to them on my ipod.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Ugh Todd Barry. Snore-fest. All he does is plug his dates.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

^^^At least he's not Jim Gaffigan.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Yes what should I new title be? Also, how do I change the title or can only a mod do it?

I see 3 new posts and immediately think Tom has finally called it quits.

Edit: Is this the one? http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=1&show=33849&archive=57210

"How many pull-ups can you do?"

Haha. That's it. I wonder why it's not on iTunes anymore?

I vote to change the thread title to: You just got Badcompanied.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I just called in for the first time. Was super nervous but it went okay. Didn't get heave-ho'd.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

I just called in for the first time. Was super nervous but it went okay. Didn't get heave-ho'd.

Thanks for explaining how "As The World Turns" ends.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
You'll live, my pet.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Holy poo poo, Steve Albini. Thats all I have to say

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
It's really funny that he praised Supersonic Storybook since I think Albini notoriously hated Urge Overkill

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh man I can't wait to listen to this tomorrow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My money says countin the billies was the guy asking for shoe gaze recommendations.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
The Albini call was so drat bizarre

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

NESguerilla posted:

My money says countin the billies was the guy asking for shoe gaze recommendations.

No I was the guy who hadn't seen Rudy.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Yeah. It was really odd. They almost hung-up on each other. Two big egos.

That's why they call me BAD COMPANY and I can't deny.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 18, 2012

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Groucho Marxist posted:

Yeah, it was like he was almost in on the joke but not quite. Unlike the 2 Live Crew call where the guy had no idea.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
The Steve Albini interview was fantastic. His follow through on tops distaste for lovely beards was absolutely spot on. I know he makes claims of this being his last show, but after listening for two/ three years I've let that go. Hell be back sooner or later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Something should go in the op about Tom fake quitting every week because people keep half believing it.

No I was the guy who hadn't seen Rudy.

Nice. You spawned a pretty hilarious synopsis of Rudy.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Something should go in the op about Tom fake quitting every week because people keep half believing it.
The part about taking a few weeks off seemed pretty legit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, but he'll be back. He always is.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Didn't he say a few weeks back that they were doing 15 more Best Shows? His tone and the way he said it sounded pretty drat sincere to me. I've heard him talk about quitting plenty of times and this was not like the usual "Geez, I think this is my last show, Mike." Not sure if that 15 more shows thing means he's going to take a break and then do the rest or what, but I don't think that was 15 weeks ago. I mean, he's been doing the show for over 10 years. I don't think it's completely out of the question that he would want to hang it up.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
The BEST Show on WFMU: I Think Tom Means It This Time...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

Didn't he say a few weeks back that they were doing 15 more Best Shows? His tone and the way he said it sounded pretty drat sincere to me. I've heard him talk about quitting plenty of times and this was not like the usual "Geez, I think this is my last show, Mike." Not sure if that 15 more shows thing means he's going to take a break and then do the rest or what, but I don't think that was 15 weeks ago. I mean, he's been doing the show for over 10 years. I don't think it's completely out of the question that he would want to hang it up.

This is pretty much why I was saying something about it should be in the op.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

This week is definitely an episode of "Depravity's Rainbow with Therese and Mike " . Which is a shame, since I find Hatch fill-in weeks to be more entertaining.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

This is pretty much why I was saying something about it should be in the op.

As in I'm taking an offhand comment to be true or as in because he said it sincerely? Because like I said, what he said a few weeks ago was nowhere near like what he usually says.

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008
Catching up on old episodes and when Tom asked if the RR in George R R Martin stood for Rascal Rider I lost it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

As in I'm taking an offhand comment to be true or as in because he said it sincerely? Because like I said, what he said a few weeks ago was nowhere near like what he usually says.

The former. It sounds just like his usual schtick to me.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

The former. It sounds just like his usual schtick to me.

Well I guess we'll have to see! I hope you're right.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

lol

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Speaking of Twitter, Tom was really butt-hurt about Garry Shandling. Can't wait for his rant next time he does the Best Show.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not on twitter. Recap?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I'm not on twitter. Recap?

Tom tweeted a question to Garry Shandling about the Larry Sanders Show, Shandling ignored him at first, Tom kept asking him, Shandling basically told him to gently caress off, Tom complained about it for a day or two and said he's going to really let Shandling have it next time he's on the radio.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Hatch is filling in this week, so I guess we'll have to hope he smolders on it for at least another week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol Mike managed to out-skeeve out Larry when he started talking about getting horny over Olympic gymnasts. "Dere pretty young dere Mike."

That episode was surprisingly good, mostly because Jason,Gregualtor, and Fredricks all called in with good calls.

Ha. he totally did.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 28, 2012

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I usually skip the non-Tom shows. Tuned in last Tuesday and snore city.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I usually skip the non-Tom shows. Tuned in last Tuesday and snore city.

The Mike and Therese hosted ones are usually pretty low key, but the Hatch hosted ones aren't always, it depends on who else is there (if anyone). [Both (?) times the low times crew were there were great] Of course both are a million times more dependent on the callers (especially since a Jon Wurster bit isn't going to be on the table).

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
BTW, anyone thinking of listening, Hatch and Mike are apparently currently in the car on their way to Mike's place to install a ceiling fan (on the radio). Mike keeps playing Steely Dan.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

het posted:

BTW, anyone thinking of listening, Hatch and Mike are apparently currently in the car on their way to Mike's place to install a ceiling fan (on the radio). Mike keeps playing Steely Dan.

"Shanghai-ed!" The show always needs more Massas

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Is the best show on for tonight? Looks like it from the WFMU schedule...

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yes, it's a Best Show and Tom is starting it by encouraging us to drink alcohol and smoke weed. Sorry Tom but I don't have either of those things right now. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The sneak preview of "Beach Weirdo" was fantastic. I can't wait for that.