Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Well, he is a diabetic, but he didn't rage quit, he still has his job.

At the time was tweeting (or queeting, appropriately enough) he was going to quit because Artie's gonna do what Artie's gonna do, but changed his mind later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
His blood sugar was probably just low man, sheesh.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Remember that Artie had that argument years ago with Robin about how no one should have a problem with him going to a tennis match and start yelling and screaming because it's a sports and people should expect it.

Sure but Robin was at a tennis match, maybe Wimbledon, and was talking loud and being her obnoxious self to the point where people yelled at her.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If I recall, she was at the New York Open in a box that was reserved for her during the afternoon session but not for the night session, and she wouldn't vacate it after the afternoon session ended because She's Robin Quivers From The Howard Stern Show and She Knows Martina Navratilova.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

To be fair, Scott was responsible for one of the top show pranks - the Stuttering John Tonight Show audition tape. (Ronnie on the other hand...)
PAMERLA ANDERSON! NIGGERLESS CAGE!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sasquatch! posted:

PAMERLA ANDERSON! NIGGERLESS CAGE!

This is the best. I laugh everytime I think of this and Stuttering John.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MrMidnight posted:

This is the best. I laugh everytime I think of this and Stuttering John.

And they claimed that they were hiring him as the new announcer! That still blows my mind. It's just incredibly bald-faced lying.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

prefect posted:

And they claimed that they were hiring him as the new announcer! That still blows my mind. It's just incredibly bald-faced lying.

They should have just initially hired him as a writer, but maybe the money or position wouldn't be enough to make John break his loyalty to Howard.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey, hey! It all worked out because they gave us Richard :3:

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Nick and Artie were insufferable last night over women being allowed to play at Augusta.

I'm starting to drop out on NWA for this reason. It's becoming more of a men's rights podcast or something.

That, and Artie is crying for attention with another self-destruction spiral.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The twins are getting annoying, but man, on public radio you have to be a big dummy stupid to get any ratings. It's all about pandering to the lowest common denominator. Crack heads and the unemployed listening to the radio all day. It is a horrible fate.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I used a coupon code for a free audiobook from audible.com and decided to get Too Fat To Fish for a long drive today. I could listen to Bob Levy read forever lmao

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Slaine posted:

I'm starting to drop out on NWA for this reason. It's becoming more of a men's rights podcast or something.

That, and Artie is crying for attention with another self-destruction spiral.

Bitch and whore have become more prominent in his vocabulary lately and it gives me douche chills. I don't think Artie is genuinely a lovely person, but maybe he's just becoming a washed up ex-junkie curmudgeon permanently.

Nick, on the other hand, is just a loving muppet.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Brocktoon posted:

Listening to yesterday's segment busting on Gary's playlist. Holy poo poo is this funny stuff.

You know what made 9/11 all worth it? Bruce Springsteen Bawf.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

You know what made 9/11 all worth it? Bruce Springsteen Bawf.

The list is illegitimate because there was no Steely Dan on it. We all know that Aja is Booey's favorite album.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Szyznyk posted:

The list is illegitimate because there was no Steely Dan on it. We all know that Aja is Booey's favorite album.

Bawf, I didn't say I *love* Steely Dan, but I do recognize their place in music!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I was away on vacation for a bit and I just got home the other day so I have been catching up with the show.

I am now up to a show right before they went away last week and holy poo poo I can't believe they didn't bring up what I heard on the Wrap Up Show:

Gary was pissed at Scott DePace for whatever reason and they were talking on the Wrap Up Show; Gary asks DePace for permission to tell a story that really bothered the crap out of him (Gary). It ended up being that while walking out at the end of a show around the time Gary's father was dying, Gary had a heartfelt outpouring with Scott about how upsetting it is that his father is going broke and penniless paying for treatment for his illness.

Scott's friendly response to console his friend? "Well maybe he should have saved money and prepared better, Gary".

I'm really not that political but it's the first time I actually got in-real-life angry listening to the show, and I guess because they went on vacation right after this, they never brought it up on the regular show. I really wish this would come up on the regular show because it's so loving infuriating; but not really that surprising that it came from a guy who hits his dog. I thought a good portion of DePace was a put on for the show, but this was said in during a personal conversation where Gary sought compassion. Am I irrationally disgusted by DePace over this?

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

Hamburglar posted:

I was away on vacation for a bit and I just got home the other day so I have been catching up with the show.

I am now up to a show right before they went away last week and holy poo poo I can't believe they didn't bring up what I heard on the Wrap Up Show:

Gary was pissed at Scott DePace for whatever reason and they were talking on the Wrap Up Show; Gary asks DePace for permission to tell a story that really bothered the crap out of him (Gary). It ended up being that while walking out at the end of a show around the time Gary's father was dying, Gary had a heartfelt outpouring with Scott about how upsetting it is that his father is going broke and penniless paying for treatment for his illness.

Scott's friendly response to console his friend? "Well maybe he should have saved money and prepared better, Gary".

I'm really not that political but it's the first time I actually got in-real-life angry listening to the show, and I guess because they went on vacation right after this, they never brought it up on the regular show. I really wish this would come up on the regular show because it's so loving infuriating; but not really that surprising that it came from a guy who hits his dog. I thought a good portion of DePace was a put on for the show, but this was said in during a personal conversation where Gary sought compassion. Am I irrationally disgusted by DePace over this?

I regularly can't listen to DePace's ignorant bullshit, so I don't think you're being irrational. He's a disgusting, ignorant, pompous gently caress and that laugh of his makes me want to break his fat neck. I may be the one who's irrationally disgusted by that gently caress head...but you're right, I wish they would've talked about that wrap up show on the regular show.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

DePace is a reprehensible human being.

Florence and the MAC-HINE is loving killing me.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

First DePace says that garbage, then Stern doesn't even show up for the loving funeral/wake. Gary gets poo poo on every single day. Then again, he probably has made a ton of money over the years so meh.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

First DePace says that poo poo, then Stern doesn't even show up for the loving funeral/wake. Gary gets poo poo on every single day. Then again, he probably has made a ton of money over the years so meh.

Compared to the abuse Booey used to receive, they treat him like a king now. I die a little bit inside every time I hear someone talking as if he's a sentient human being. :(

VVVV The official story is "Beth hurt her ankle walking down the stairs".

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

haljordan posted:

First DePace says that poo poo, then Stern doesn't even show up for the loving funeral/wake. Gary gets poo poo on every single day. Then again, he probably has made a ton of money over the years so meh.

Didn't he not show up because Beth had to go to the hospital or something?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

Compared to the abuse Booey used to receive, they treat him like a king now. I die a little bit inside every time I hear someone talking as if he's a sentient human being. :(

Yeah they have way more losers and degenerates on staff now who are much more pathetic than Gary ever was. Imagine if JD was on the show back in the 80s/90s. He probably would've thrown himself out a window.

Brocktoon posted:

Didn't he not show up because Beth had to go to the hospital or something?

She twisted her friggin' ankle is all (allegedly). Here's how that works: "Hey honey, sit on our $40,000 couch with your leg elevated for 2 hours so I can go to a funeral for the dad of a guy who's worked for me for 20 years."

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 22, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I'm willing to forgive 99% of what happens on the show; I am able to somehow take what Howard said about the funeral as what he said: she had to be hospitalized and he had just gotten there with her; he'd be leaving her at the hospital to go to the wake. Maybe a crappy excuse at best but at least he bothered to come up with something.

The DePace thing, telling Gary in a moment of sorrow for Gary, that "well maybe your dad should have planned and saved better :smug: " is the only thing I can think of in my 8+ years of listening to the show that actually made me IRL angry.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
There's nothing irrational about hating DePace, he's a reprehensible human being.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Keep in mind that Horward ranted for a week about having to sit in the back row at Ed Bradley's funeral.

I think it's better Howard didn't go for Gary's dad. I can just see him walking up to to coffin and closing the lid because "it was freaking him out".

Or he'd complain about the funeral in some way.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Keep in mind that Horward ranted for a week about having to sit in the back row at Ed Bradley's funeral.

I think it's better Howard didn't go for Gary's dad. I can just see him walking up to to coffin and closing the lid because "it was freaking him out".

Or he'd complain about the funeral in some way.

When Ben goes, Gary should skip the funeral/wake and just say "Ehh my shoelace broke and I just said 'gently caress it' and stayed home."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

"Twat Raper"? What the gently caress is wrong with Sal?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

"Twat Raper"? What the gently caress is wrong with Sal?

What isn't?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Even Bobo wouldn't take the gravestone Howard got for Christmas from that intern a few years back.

I really need to re-listen to that show.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

haljordan posted:

She twisted her friggin' ankle is all (allegedly). Here's how that works: "Hey honey, sit on our $40,000 couch with your leg elevated for 2 hours so I can go to a funeral for the dad of a guy who's worked for me for 20 years."

That reminds me of my favorite roast joke, which I think belonged to Colin Quinn.

From memory: "You know, it's great to be at the Gary roast and I know Howard wouldn't miss it for the world. Unless of course Gary's dead father's coffin was here."

Slaine fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 22, 2012

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Slaine posted:

That reminds me of my favorite roast joke, which I think belonged to Colin Quinn.

From memory: "You know, it's great to be at the Gary roast and I know Howard wouldn't miss it for the world. Unless of course Gary's dead father's coffin was here."

"When Gary's dad died, he donated his organs. Not the internal ones, the ones he used to grind on the street while Gary danced."

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Artie decimated Sal at the Gary Roast, it was awesome. You can hear Sal in the background going "aughh"

one of my favorites (I have lots of favorites) is "Sal's wife thinks he's a creep and it's the first time I've agreed with a loud-mouthed Long Island oval office"

It was 9/11-level.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Hamburglar posted:

The DePace thing, telling Gary in a moment of sorrow for Gary, that "well maybe your dad should have planned and saved better :smug: " is the only thing I can think of in my 8+ years of listening to the show that actually made me IRL angry.

Crazy people are crazy, my unemployed tea bag brother said the same thing when I met him in the emergency room to see our unemployed mother who was having an emergency.

It's mind boggling how those people think.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I wonder if Yucko is going to be on the show as himself since is show is going on comedy central in a few weeks.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I wonder if Yucko is going to be on the show as himself since is show is going on comedy central in a few weeks.
I'm actually really glad Yucko finally caught a break...it seemed like nothing was going his way for many years.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Just for the record, Howard claimed she broke a bone in her ankle and tore two tendons in her foot. I don't know if that was proven false, but that was what he was saying on air. I'm pretty sure she had to wear a walking boot for 2 or 3 months.

And gently caress Depace forever, telling Gary his father should have saved more. Ridiculous. What a oval office.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

I'm actually really glad Yucko finally caught a break...it seemed like nothing was going his way for many years.

He is a horrible racist clown covered in his own vomit who sometimes tells a funny joke but more often than not falls apart under any type of situation where he can't just yell out the n word.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Well, Yucko is yeah, but the guy under the suit is a pretty sad, broken, man.
Gary and Artie were talking about hanging out with Yucko without the makeup and he just sounds like a defeated man. I hope this works out for him.

Plus I always thought his filthy racist clown bit was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

AxeManiac posted:

Crazy people are crazy, my unemployed tea bag brother said the same thing when I met him in the emergency room to see our unemployed mother who was having an emergency.

It's mind boggling how those people think.

It's not even so much whether they are right or wrong about their opinion on should people become financially bankrupt because of an illness; it's more who in the living gently caress thinks it's appropriate to bring their opinion up at that exact moment.