Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
You know what's keeping us Humans down? All the dumb people (not-Humans) loving and making kids Ah HURRRRRRRR -joe rogan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiyo2K7DvfA

SSJ2 Goku Wilders fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't recall what show it was or when he said it exactly, but I have a vague recollection of Rogan being very anti Occupy Wallstreet when it initially started.

Like straight up, bone headed, 1% style against it.

Then, I don't know, he smoked a bowl, worked out, read something or talked to somebody somewhere and pulled a big 180 on the whole deal and became very pro-OWS.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
Everlast needs a podcast but he isn't allowed to talk just cover songs for an hour.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
"I'm not the 1%"

A thing that somebody who has been a network TV star ever since 1994 said in real life last week.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/joe-rogan-net-worth/

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 20, 2012

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Here have some rapechat with Dana White

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/video/dana-white-interview-on-torres-release-517224386/

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

"I'm not the 1%"

A thing that somebody who has been a network TV star ever since 1994 said in real life last week.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/joe-rogan-net-worth/

He just doesn't know. I'm sure if someone showed him the numbers, he'd accept it.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
I thought Trussell was one of the good guys :negative:

The last three episodes have been huge letdowns. I love how close Rogan gets to 'getting it' sometimes, like when he's talking about women having to shave their legs but then he just goes back to MCKENNA SAID

jyrka posted:

He just doesn't know. I'm sure if someone showed him the numbers, he'd accept it.
Joe Rogan is as far from a rational subject as you can be lol. To put the point more broadly: there's more information easily available to the common man than ever before in history, yet it's not as if we see everyone moving to some actually 'objective and rational' political ideology just by virtue of having access to that information. Joe doesn't give a poo poo

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Nowhere is homosexuality more accepted by a mainstream than on the Internet, and that one very vocal defender is the group of socially marginalized nerds who occupy the Internet because they are comfortable (and welcome) nowhere else. I will attempt to explain the reason for this.

My theory is that beta males are generally more receptive to homosexual thoughts and "gender theory" because betas, being passive followers, are more likely to see themselves as the woman in any relationship--even if they are not attracted to men they see themselves as the subordinate partner.

This explains many nerd fetishes and preferences, for example the way nerd fiction idolizes powerful women (i.e. men with breasts) even though reality gives very few examples of powerful women, and certainly not physically powerful. (Women themselves do not fantasize about having physical power.) This fetish is produced by the infantile regression that nerds undergo during or near adolescence, and they rarely grow out of it.

Beta males look to symbols of female power and assertiveness because:

a) they see themselves as half-woman and these fantasies empower them, and
b) a strong woman can protect them much as their mother did.

Obviously that is when their sexual passivity becomes apparent and even if they are not overtly homosexual they realize that they themselves have not developed a traditional "gender identity" (i.e. they are dickless weaklings). Sometimes they overcompensate by indulging in fantasies of being powerful (buying guns, playing video games, otherwise retreating from reality), but as we know the fantasy never comes close to reality and they seethe with hatred at actual powerful men like Joe Rogan.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Joe Rogan Gender Theory 101

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Source your Joe Rogan quotes

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Joe Rogan Gender Theory 101

New thread title?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Paul Pot posted:

Nowhere is homosexuality more accepted by a mainstream than on the Internet, and that one very vocal defender is the group of socially marginalized nerds who occupy the Internet because they are comfortable (and welcome) nowhere else. I will attempt to explain the reason for this.

My theory is that beta males are generally more receptive to homosexual thoughts and "gender theory" because betas, being passive followers, are more likely to see themselves as the woman in any relationship--even if they are not attracted to men they see themselves as the subordinate partner.

This explains many nerd fetishes and preferences, for example the way nerd fiction idolizes powerful women (i.e. men with breasts) even though reality gives very few examples of powerful women, and certainly not physically powerful. (Women themselves do not fantasize about having physical power.) This fetish is produced by the infantile regression that nerds undergo during or near adolescence, and they rarely grow out of it.

Beta males look to symbols of female power and assertiveness because:

a) they see themselves as half-woman and these fantasies empower them, and
b) a strong woman can protect them much as their mother did.

Obviously that is when their sexual passivity becomes apparent and even if they are not overtly homosexual they realize that they themselves have not developed a traditional "gender identity" (i.e. they are dickless weaklings). Sometimes they overcompensate by indulging in fantasies of being powerful (buying guns, playing video games, otherwise retreating from reality), but as we know the fantasy never comes close to reality and they seethe with hatred at actual powerful men like Joe Rogan.

Is this in relation to a discussion on the podcast or is it just a thorough self-analysis for the hell of it? Haven't listened to the Duncan Trussell episode yet so legit askin'

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That version of a beta male is just not right. Beta males aren't half woman because they're not constantly trying to assert themselves, they're the majority of men, inhabiting the greater part of the spectrum of what is considered male. Alpha males are the outliers, and much of their success has to do with the fact that they're not representative of most men, they're exceptional in their ability to assert themselves and lead others through sheer force of personality and physicality, without having to rely on any kind of nuance.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Joe hit a new low on the Duncan episode when he was talking about evolving chimps in to proto-homonids in 36 years with mushrooms.
At least Duncan finally chimed in that this kind of change would take much longer than that.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Is there any kind of episode synopsis that's posted? Some shows go 2.5-3 hours and I'd rather just read a quick sentence or two of what they talk about instead of listening to 40 minutes of "how do you get into comedy" talk before deleting it

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
This is what you're looking for I think http://jredatabase.com/category/podcast-recaps/

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ZeroDays posted:

Is this in relation to a discussion on the podcast or is it just a thorough self-analysis for the hell of it? Haven't listened to the Duncan Trussell episode yet so legit askin'

It's from a right-wing exgoon website, I just put Joe's name at the end. I figured some goon could either bite & write a serious rebuttal or the thread would finally go back to laughing at bad opinions.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Jamie Kilstein seems to really have been cowed by Joe, and went on another podcast to talk about it. Joe took offense to what he saw as a mischaracterization of the conversation and linked to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYhxFvLTFbs&feature=youtube_gdata_player personally I am more in Jamie's camp, but he is the worst kind of person to try to defend it or to attack the concept of rape culture. He seems uninformed and immature, like a teenager who has just started picking up on causes. His heart is in the right place, but he's a bit of a wus in a way that's embarrassing to anyone who knows what they're talking about about the subject.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Wouldn't it be funny if Kilstein was raped by 5 guys right now!
mm19468 1 hour ago 38

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I felt bad for Kilstein because Joe shouted at him so much, but now he is totally being a bitch and giving me the douche chills.

I dislike them both.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

I felt bad for Kilstein because Joe shouted at him so much, but now he is totally being a bitch and giving me the douche chills.

I dislike them both.

Yes but whose opinion do you agree with

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

ZeroDays posted:

neither, but specifically gently caress jamie kilstein because he is awful.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

ZeroDays posted:

Tosh. He said something, he apologized, and he's moving on with his career. Tosh is the real winner here.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Evil Agita posted:

Tosh. He said something, he apologized, and he's moving on with his career. Tosh is the real winner here.

He also immediately started makings digs at the girl who wrote the blog post on his show.

This whole situation is loving ridiculous. Who takes anything seriously that a comic says on stage? It wasn't like it was some rallying cry for everyone to get out there and rape. There is significantly more destructive speech out there that people should be wasting their time with.

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
Wow, and now Joe's fans officially took this whole thing from sad to outright creepy by "hacking" Jamie Kilstien's twitter. God forbid people just drop this whole stupid argument instead of being creepy sycophants, harassing some dude they don't know endlessly cause he got in an argument with their Sir Joe Rogan.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Jamie Kilstein seems to really have been cowed by Joe, and went on another podcast to talk about it. Joe took offense to what he saw as a mischaracterization of the conversation and linked to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYhxFvLTFbs&feature=youtube_gdata_player personally I am more in Jamie's camp, but he is the worst kind of person to try to defend it or to attack the concept of rape culture. He seems uninformed and immature, like a teenager who has just started picking up on causes. His heart is in the right place, but he's a bit of a wus in a way that's embarrassing to anyone who knows what they're talking about about the subject.

No, im pretty sure you're wrong about everything. Rape culture is only a 'thing' in the cesspool that is LA.

diesiel fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 22, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

diesiel posted:

No, im pretty sure you're wrong about everything. Rape culture is only a 'thing' in the cesspool that is LA.

I never really said I was comfortable with the term rape culture, but the way you are so vehemently opposed to it is way more discomforting.

That kind of dismissive attitude is kind of what is at the heart of this problem anyway.

If you think there aren't significant portions of our population and those that represent them that marginalize rape victims' numbers or experiences all around the country, I don't even know how to respond, because you're obviously determined to hold on to a pretty limited world view.

Because I'm familiar with a lot of the issues at hand here, I know what Jamie was trying to say, he just said it loving terribly. Joe would probably have agreed with a lot more of what Jamie said or at least been a lot more civil if Jamie had been more capable of communicating.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

I'll take comedians bitch-slapping each over some stupid poo poo any day. It's more entertaining than Joe "He's one of my best friends/he's a brother to me/he's the funniest guy I know/he's so funny/he should definitely get into comedy/all us comedians apart from Carlos Mencia who may be a sociopath are totally like BFFs" Rogan constantly sucking dick and playing zen master.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Well at least someone won because the listeners sure didn't.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Kilstein is the type of self-important douche who's 25% about taking a stand on an issue and 75% about making sure people realize he's taking a stand, same reason he challenged that right-wing idiot to a kickboxing fight on twitter. Comedian drama can be funny, this is really petty and annoying.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
to change the topic slightly, anyone find the dice podcast unbearable? dice and the the woman together are awful, it's as if they're doing an act rather than just talking. she was loving annoying.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

to change the topic slightly, anyone find the dice podcast unbearable? dice and the the woman together are awful, it's as if they're doing an act rather than just talking. she was loving annoying.

I found it more annoying that Dice Clay and Rogan would do the whole "shut up woman, men are talking" thing every time she "interrupted". :rolleyes: It was generally an irritating and unfunny episode I only listened to fully 'cos I had to fill some silence at work.

The Duncan Trussell episode...only got 20 mins in before I turned off. But why, if Trussell was one of my favourite guests, you might ask? Dunno, he's just lost his shine somehow. His stuttering, convoluted metaphorical spiels irritate me now. gently caress the multi-verse.

I guess you could say I get more irritation than enjoyment from the average JRE episode these days.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
With so many podcasts a week, and them being so goddamn long, this podcast definitely has a shelf-life for some people, myself included. I honestly can't even remember the last time I got through more than an hour, let alone a full episode. I don't even dislike Duncan but I find him tiresome to listen to now. I think the last time he was on I think I turned it off as soon as I heard "McKenna."

I also can't stand Rogan's phony "I love that guy" like with Jamie Kilstein, when he clearly doesn't like him at all. He does it with Dr. Drew a lot, where he'll trash the poo poo out of him, but then say "I mean I love Dr. Drew, but..." Yeah, sure sounds like you "love" Dr. Drew.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I was having a bit of Duncan withdrawal from the JRE (Duncan's podcast doesn't do it for me for whatever reason) so I found this episode to be absolutely delightful.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Cromulent posted:

I also can't stand Rogan's phony "I love that guy" like with Jamie Kilstein, when he clearly doesn't like him at all. He does it with Dr. Drew a lot, where he'll trash the poo poo out of him, but then say "I mean I love Dr. Drew, but..." Yeah, sure sounds like you "love" Dr. Drew.

Rogan likes to pretend that he gets along with and respects everybody (except Carlos Mencia). I'm sure in his mind he thinks this makes him some sort of aloof Zen master.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

NewtGoongrich posted:

Rogan likes to pretend that he gets along with and respects everybody (except Carlos Mencia). I'm sure in his mind he thinks this makes him some sort of aloof Zen master.

Powerful has really lost its power

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
Educate yourself man. There are obvious sides here and you're on the wrong one

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

indoflaven posted:

Rape culture? What the gently caress is "rape culture" suppose to be? Pretty Kilstein is the only person using that term. He came off like he was just trying to be on a side. When there are none.

It's a pretty common phrase among internet liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

jyrka posted:

It's a pretty common phrase among internet liberals.

That's a completely silly-at-best oversimplification. It's a real thing that there are books and research about.