Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Kaysette posted:

Absolutely killer. Makes me want to unpack my 40k stuff and get back to painting.

Raphus C posted:

This is excellent, really inspiring. Thank you.

Thanks people. In the immortal words of Nick Cage "That's high praise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

This is brilliant!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Templar players are weird.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The rest of the album is pretty awesome too: http://imgur.com/a/RZiJn

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

"Beads of sweat ran from brother Djinn's brow, as his mighty gene-seed enhanced sphincter wrestled with the warp-borne filth he sought to expel. Finally, with a guttural roar and a damp-impact, the battle was won."

:wtc:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I'll never read the phrase "purge the alien" the same way ever again.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Sykic posted:

I'll never read the phrase "purge the alien" the same way ever again.

Now never will I, thank you.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
"Go ahead and move your units, I gotta go drop a Nurgling."

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

krushgroove posted:

As cool as this is, I was really hoping for a series of photos where the Emperor's Champion went grocery shopping, mowed the lawn, filled his car with fuel at the station, etc.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I have dropped over $100 on bits in the last week. I loving hate this game.

Shosuro
Nov 30, 2007

Helicon One posted:

As cool as this is, I was really hoping for a series of photos where the Emperor's Champion went grocery shopping, mowed the lawn, filled his car with fuel at the station, etc.
Same.

"It has been passed down from battle brother to battle brother though the ages, and to deny its sanctity is heresy of the highest order, witch!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but this coupon clearly expired two weeks ago."

"Call your manager, that I may challenge him to single combat for the honour of the chapter and the glory of the omnissiah!"

Shosuro
Nov 30, 2007

Helicon One posted:

God dammit. Too many ideas.

Who has some skill at drawing and wants to start a webcomic?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Naramyth posted:

I feel your pain, I just spent £20 on bits to turn what was left over from making my Forgeworld Nurgle army into another 20 Chaos Marines.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Shosuro posted:

skill at drawing

Shosuro posted:

webcomic

There appears to be a contradiction here.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Naramyth posted:

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I feel your pain, I just spent 20 on bits to turn what was left over from making my Forgeworld Nurgle army into another 20 Chaos Marines.
Thanks for making me not feel like crap after spending way way more than I need on Infinity minis.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

plester1 posted:

"Beads of sweat ran from brother Djinn's brow, as his mighty gene-seed enhanced sphincter wrestled with the warp-borne filth he sought to expel. Finally, with a guttural roar and a damp-impact, the battle was won."

:wtc:

We call this maneuver... chocolate rain. :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

krushgroove posted:

I hope he goes to renaissance festivals in that outfit.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It'll be far more realistic than many of the costumes I've seen from Renfairs.

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with

Corrode posted:

There appears to be a contradiction here.

I see no contradiction here, Mr. Wright. I'm afraid I have to assign you a penalty.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm making a Warhams cartoon and recording dialogue for it right now. I need a plausibly stupid Space Marine chapter name and brother-captain name. Go.

E: Or I should be like every other gaming and video guy out on the Internet and start a Kickstarter page for it! $30,000 and I'll do the same thing I would've done anyway, but with more money.

BACKERS OF $3,000 OR MORE: Come over to my house and sleep on my couch (a couch I would have to buy with the proceeds) and we'll get some pizza.

STRETCH GOAL $35,000: I make the cartoon, dubbed into whatever language people ask for first (I will run it through Google translator and butcher it)

STRETCH GOAL $40,000: I will start a new 40k army and get an expensive video camera then livestream me painting it for everyone to see. Experience my lovely taste in music and watch me paint straight out of the pot IN HIGH DEFINITION

SRM fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 23, 2012

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Foggius, of the Silver Snakes

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

SRM posted:

I'm making a Warhams cartoon and recording dialogue for it right now. I need a plausibly stupid Space Marine chapter name and brother-captain name. Go.

Brother-Captain Auric of the Golden Knights chapter.

Brother-Captain Fuller of the Emperor's Swords.

Brother-Captain Justus of the Emperor's Judgment.

I could do this all day.

Mister Unfortunate
Aug 19, 2005
So I just acquired a whole bunch of Eldar, an army that I've wanted to try out ever since the Rogue Trader days but never quite managed to before now. Most of my experience is with Space Marines and Orks; I tried Dark Eldar but the playstyle didn't really work for me.

I currently have:

The Avatar
Eldrad Ulthran
Karandras
2 Farseers / Warlocks (getting several more Warlocks)

18 Dire Avengers
10 Howling Banshees
5 Striking Scorpions
10 Fire Dragons
10 Warp Spiders

40 Guardians
5 Rangers

3 Jetbikes
5 Vipers

3 Falcons
2 Wave Serpents
3 Wraithlords
3 D-Cannon support weapons
3 Shadow Weaver support weapons

Near future purchases will be a War Walker squadron (probably the Forgeworld Wasps because I have way too many heavy support units already). My question for you folks: Any suggestions on optimum (for fun games) use of these guys versus Necrons? I know I'm screwed to some extent until new codex time, but I'd like to make a decent showing against my usual opponent.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I could do this all day.

I like Captain Justus, but I need you to think more like a twelve year old. I'm talking like Dakka's 40k fiction section here.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I bought and then built 5 Deathmarks on a whim last night. They're not bad in 6th right?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

I could do this all day.

Wrong, Brother-Captain Justus is of the Emperor's Gnostics.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I like Captain Justus, but I need you to think more like a twelve year old. I'm talking like Dakka's 40k fiction section here.

Captain Justus of the Dark Blades of the Emperor

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

SRM posted:

E: Or I should be like every other gaming and video guy out on the Internet and start a Kickstarter page for it! $30,000 and I'll do the same thing I would've done anyway, but with more money.

BACKERS OF $3,000 OR MORE: Come over to my house and sleep on my couch (a couch I would have to buy with the proceeds) and we'll get some pizza.

STRETCH GOAL $35,000: I make the cartoon, dubbed into whatever language people ask for first (I will run it through Google translator and butcher it)

STRETCH GOAL $40,000: I will start a new 40k army and get an expensive video camera then livestream me painting it for everyone to see. Experience my lovely taste in music and watch me paint straight out of the pot IN HIGH DEFINITION

Brother Captain Commander Dantorkan of the Bloodfist Crimson Angelamanders

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Brother-Captain Sel Finsert, of the Climactic Chapter.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Fyrbrand posted:

Captain Justus of the Dark Blades of the Emperor

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Brother-Captain Sel Finsert, of the Climactic Chapter.
Dark Blades of the Emperor is so close and hammy! Sel Finsert is loving phenomenal.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Brother-Captain Badassius of the Emperor's Renegades

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009
High Marshall Chevalier of the Blood Templars. They're like Black Templars, but mixed with Blood Ravens, so like they hate psykers but they have a bunch of psykers. It's not weird though cause like they're so strong and filled with the Emperrer's magic that they never turn to Chaos. They actually like possess demons, seriously if you put your demon down you have to roll or I get to control him every other round. But yeah they're awesome, they don't recruit from worlds or anythin they have like harems of eldar women that witnessed there battle prowess and decided like they needed to make a super race so that's what they do.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
Interrupting these awesome Brother-Captain names, for another finished ork pic:

It's supposed to look looted for the theme.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Dark Blades of the Emperor is so close and hammy! Sel Finsert is loving phenomenal.

Combine the two, best of both worlds. :hellyeah:

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Brother-Captain Crother Baptain, of the Ultrafist Angels.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Out of curiosity SRM, what did you use to make the Dawn of Awesome vids?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Brother-Captain Ferocius of the Blood Demons chapter. They're Space Marines that follow Khorne in order to gain his blessings of strength and battle prowess, but they're tough enough to resist his influence and use their demonic powers to further the goals of the Emperor. Every now and then an Inquisitor gets too close so they sacrifice him to Khorne to gain extra power, but they've never fallen and are always good guys.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Gate posted:

Out of curiosity SRM, what did you use to make the Dawn of Awesome vids?

I use Adobe Flash CS4; I don't even think I used a tablet to draw anything in them either since they're supposed to look so, well, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Captain Hemophilia of the Blood Drinkers.
Captain Indiana of the Relictors.
Captain Americus of the Divine Avengers.

Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clouseau.

• Locked thread