Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan's reaction to the Kurt thing was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

maria menounos is super attractive

Agreed.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Is there any sort of compendium of hilarious Dave Meltzer quotes? Like, not jokes, but things that Dave has said that are only funny because it's Dave saying them?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahaha Brent showed up for the free ice cream

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahahaha Brent showed up for the free ice cream

And to show off :siren:HIS GIRLFRIEND:siren:!

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Have B&V discussed the French Stallion getting signed?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Frilled Lizard posted:

Have B&V discussed the French Stallion getting signed?

They mentioned it the week it happened, but had nothing but caution which I understand. It's unlikely the masturbation enthusiast French Stallion is going to be the one who shows up on NXT.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gaz-L posted:

And to show off :siren:HIS GIRLFRIEND:siren:!

"I treat her well when other people are around" :catstare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan's excuse about HHH/Lesnar made no sense.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jack Krauser posted:

That happens a lot with him though and you learn to live with it just like you learn to live with Dave's mumbling, stuttering and inability to have a normal conversation.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 22, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Brent stories are the best.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jack Krauser posted:

What was it?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Karmine posted:

What was it?
"I was expecting it to be horrible. When it turned out that it wasn't awful, that made it great!" Also "The only thing that people will remember is the finish, so that's all that matters."

Also, Vinny's favorite match was Sheamus/Del Rio. :psyduck:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
:siren: THIS IS THE 10 COUNT :siren:

:siren: ATTENTION :siren:

:siren: ATTENTION :siren:

The Punchsport Podcast is back! And we have a cool new concept!

Punchsport Podcast 10 Count: Episode 1
Starring: HulkaMatt, The Goog, Nut Bunnies, MassRayPer

Basically, HulkaMatt came up with ten topics, and we spent a little bit (usually five to seven minutes) discussing each of them. We all think it was a lot of fun, and we'd like to do it again, so if any of you guys have topics that you'd like to see us cover, let us know!

The Goog fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 23, 2012

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
A little more than an average of 5 minutes per, though.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Goog posted:

we spent about five minutes discussing each of them.

Don't lie to people.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Okay, fine, it was a little more than five minutes. But it wasn't much more!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've only listened to a few minutes so far, but I love it. Great job!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

The Goog posted:

We all think it was a lot of fun, and we'd like to do it again, so if any of you guys have topics that you'd like to see us cover, let us know!

Robbie E's tan and your favorite Raw social media ambassador so far.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Also Vinny apparently thinks Matt Stryker is CM Punk.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I have not gotten to it yet but how is this weeks AOW with Eugene?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

I have not gotten to it yet but how is this weeks AOW with Eugene?
It's pretty good thusfar. He's talking about how carny Rock 'nRoll Buck Zumhoff and then the genesis of the Eugene character with its own details (Triple H suggested he put his jacket inside out; it's actually a red jacket with white trim someone got for $5, lol)

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Perigryn posted:

It's pretty good thusfar. He's talking about how carny Rock 'nRoll Buck Zumhoff and then the genesis of the Eugene character with its own details (Triple H suggested he put his jacket inside out; it's actually a red jacket with white trim someone got for $5, lol)

Please tell me if he talks about the ends of days Mayan Prophecy that he believes in.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Please tell me if he talks about the ends of days Mayan Prophecy that he believes in.
Nothing yet. He talked about how Bryan Gewirtz had apparently written a movie for Eugene and that it may have been recycled into what became Knucklehead (which explains quite a bit, lol).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Does he defend Linda at all and how the retard gimmick was not offensive at all? I am also shocked that it was Triple H who suggested the ring jacket that is usually the one thing Raven does and then takes credit for your gimmick.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

bobkatt013 posted:

Does he defend Linda at all and how the retard gimmick was not offensive at all? I am also shocked that it was Triple H who suggested the ring jacket that is usually the one thing Raven does and then takes credit for your gimmick.
Nothing yet (still ongoing as I type this). The character was based on Rip Rogers' autistic son (by Rip's own suggestion). Austin ran into him and asked him who trained him and when he said "Danny Davis", Austin said "So you're one of the best then...".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Nothing yet (still ongoing as I type this). The character was based on Rip Rogers' autistic son (by Rip's own suggestion). Austin ran into him and asked him who trained him and when he said "Danny Davis", Austin said "So you're one of the best then...".

Ya that lines up with what Colt said in Jimmy Jacobs episode how Steve Austin went into Vinces office to get a protein bar since that is where they are all kept and he told Vince that Nick was really good and he should give him a shot.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
He's been in USWA during its final few years (mentioned Rick Bogner/Fake Razor Ramone being there for a bit), wrestled 15 appearances in WCW (Nitro and Thunder as Nick Dinsmore), mentioned a lot of the people who came in and out of developmental, was at one point planned to wrestle Benoit for 20 min...as Doink (ended up cut down to a minute, lol.

Surprisingly was also a druid during Austin's 'crucifixion'.

post podcast edit: OH GOD! That last anecdote!

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 23, 2012

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bobkatt013 posted:

Pretty sure Raven had already been fired by that point, so the responsibility fell upon HHH to suggest it and then figure out a way to cannibalize Eugene's pop once he got over.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH, the Galactus of pops.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's Observer Hall of Fame season!

Karl Stern has vague issues with voting for a guy who's still on top. I hope we get a list of reasons people will not vote for Cena.

Dave's gonna get mad when voters don't buy his argument that Brock convinced more wrestling fans to buy a PPV than anyone else when he was fighting.

And of course, :wcw:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sonnen on Observer Radio is already up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRayPer posted:

And is free, in case anyone was wondering.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

"You're asking me to think like Jon Jones, and if I thought like Jon Jones I would be a much stupider person. I am a genius."

I don't know much about MMA, but I instantly love this guy.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

All the Todd haters: Listen to this week's episode, it's got very little to hate and has live commentary on Dana White's press conference. There's even a Dave cameo.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Dave Meltzer Wrestling Observer"

Bryan: Yay!

Todd: Booo!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

"You're asking me to think like Jon Jones, and if I thought like Jon Jones I would be a much stupider person. I am a genius."

I don't know much about MMA, but I instantly love this guy.

Sonnen is basically a pro-wrestling heel, except he fights for real. He once denied that a recording of himself saying inflammatory poo poo was him. Said recording was played back by the interviewers in his presence. He also denied the internet existed, so he couldn't have been quoted as saying dumb poo poo on it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

He also denied the internet existed, so he couldn't have been quoted as saying dumb poo poo on it.

This is literally the best thing I've ever heard all day. That's hilarious.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Haven't listened to the new B&V show up but I'm just going to guess that they didn't like the show based on the description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jack Krauser posted:

Haven't listened to the new B&V show up but I'm just going to guess that they didn't like the show based on the description.
Not one bit, outside of a couple of bits they found funny.

• Locked thread