Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BotchedLobotomy posted:

Highschool sweetheart huh? That's easy. :smug:

:siren:New challenge, post a picture of a cool pet you have on your bike. Typical Pets like Cats and Dogs and a goldfish or w/e don't count. I want to see an alligator or something. :siren:

:golfclap:

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

BotchedLobotomy posted:

:siren:New challenge, post a picture of a cool pet you have on your bike. Typical Pets like Cats and Dogs and a goldfish or w/e don't count. I want to see an alligator or something. :siren:

:master:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yes, I think that's what he did during high school.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

Yes, I think that's what he did during high school.

Also, someone still needs to make this into an emote.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

BotchedLobotomy posted:

drat. :golfclap:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Too bad bunnies are not cool

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Too bad bunnies are not cool

I don't know about that. That bunny looks chill as gently caress.

Royale with Cheese
Jul 26, 2006

They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Perhaps a bunny-eater will qualify?

Next Challenge: :siren: Your motorcycle with an ambulance :siren:

We've done police cars and firetrucks so far.
Bonus points if you crash your bike for the challenge.
Forums upgrade if you crash a Daytona 675 for the challenge.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

That snake's so cool it's actually cold blooded.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

edit: nevermind

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The ambulance had just left, and this is old, but relevant. And yes, I was going straight :haw:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Royale with Cheese posted:

Perhaps a bunny-eater will qualify?

Next Challenge: :siren: Your motorcycle with an ambulance :siren:

We've done police cars and firetrucks so far.
Bonus points if you crash your bike for the challenge.
Forums upgrade if you crash a Daytona 675 for the challenge.

Let's see :siren: a museum :siren:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

nsaP posted:

Let's see :siren: a museum :siren:

A museum!

The Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Click to see the tiny bike
But wait, there's more!

The Carlos Museum:

Now I wanna see two for one. Show me :ducksiren:The Beginning and End of a Road:ducksiren:

Not some wimpy neighborhood street two blocks long. I wanna see a road with some meat on it. Take for example: Briarcliff Rd in Atlanta.
http://goo.gl/maps/B958B

It starts in the north near Northlake Mall, loops up around the North Druid Hills neighborhood, and crosses Ponce de Leon Ave. It then becomes Moreland Ave, which runs due south, serving as the dividing line between DeKalb and Fulton counties. As it crosses I-285 it becomes Macon Hwy, then Henry Blvd as it passes through Stockbridge. Keep going, and it's called Stockbridge Hwy. It crosses McDonugh Hwy and dead ends just past a Mellow Mushroom Pizza.

Take some pictures, show us the route, and maybe tell us a little about your chosen road.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 25, 2012

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

War Eagles Air Museum. That's a Tupolev TU-2 out front. This is the only shot that came out. It was pretty dark inside and they didn't want flash photography.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

War Eagles Air Museum. That's a Tupolev TU-2 out front. This is the only shot that came out. It was pretty dark inside and they didn't want flash photography.

Don't want to spook the airplanes.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Safety Dance posted:

Now I wanna see two for one. Show me :ducksiren:The Beginning and End of a Road:ducksiren:

Alright, I've got this one covered today and it's a doozy. Unfortunately, I'm posting from the road and can't upload pics from my iphone. Won't be home until Sunday. Anyone know how I can upload pics? Or y'all can just wait a couple more days...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

From an iphone use picup, it will upload to imgur.

for android i dunno :yayclod:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

You can get a photobucket and such apps for android. That's what I use.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I thought to check this tonight and had picked a road to do tomorrow just to get the game going, so post em up if you can.

I might still do it cause sometimes you say you're gonna do it then don't, but it sounds like you've got this one underway already.

This would be a kind of cool rolling challenge too, as one of my plans for the fall is riding Route 22 in Kentucky end to end to visit a friend in Louisville, but it's a bit much for a day trip.

I was going to do a shorter, less interesting one so have at it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

From an iphone use picup, it will upload to imgur.

for android i dunno :yayclod:
"imgur for Android" by Colin Edwards. Cryptic name, I know.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Well, here's the road I did:

http://goo.gl/maps/Y0D6c

It's highway 375 in Nevada, otherwise known as the Extraterrestrial Highway. It's almost 100 miles long and there's no gas for 150 miles. This road climbs over a few mountain ranges with some great sweepers and then drops across valley floors with mind-numbingly straight as an arrow sections that are anywhere from 10 to 13 miles long.

What makes this road special? Well, it passes the famous Black Mailbox - a favorite landmark of alien conspiracists and UFO watchers. It also goes thru Rachel, NV, home of the Little Ale-Inn as seen in the movie "Paul". Mostly though, this road is the closest ou get to Groom Lake and Area 51 without being shot. I didn't see any aliens but I did see a lot of cows.

The beginning of the Extraterrestrial Highway near Crystal Springs, NV

The famous Black Mailbox. Over the mountains in the background is Area 51.

Lunch stop at the Little Ale-Inn in Rachel, NV

The producers of Independence Day left a time capsule here, to be opened in 2050

Inside the Little Ale-Inn

And the other end of the road at the abandoned ghost resort of Warm Springs, NV. The nearest town is still 50 miles away

I have a bunch more pictures but they're on my camera. They actually show the road. I'll prolly make a thread about my trip when I get home and post them then (should be about 3000 miles total).

:nyan:Next Challenge: Your bike with a world famous landmark:nyan:
And none of this local famous crap. This landmark should be instantly recognizable to just about everyone. Examples: Mt. Rushmore, Big Ben, Stonehenge, etc..

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Collateral Damage posted:

"imgur for Android" by Colin Edwards. Cryptic name, I know.

Yeah lemme just do all the googling for everyone ever

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you had a Google phone Google you could just Google the Google search terms and Google would Google the answer directly into Google your mind.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have an iphone with Siri turned off, so unfortunately I cannot say "siri how do i upload images to imgur with an android phone" and have siri helpfully google for "see ree howd ooh eye cup road i mages to imj err with an an detroit phone"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have an iphone with Siri turned off, so unfortunately I cannot say "siri how do i upload images to imgur with an android phone" and have siri helpfully google for "see ree howd ooh eye cup road i mages to imj err with an an detroit phone"

http://bit.ly/PPqY6u

:laffo:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

:wtc: Why

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Motherfuckin' SPACE NEEDLE

Bonus stupid EMP:

(this is like an upskirt shot)

Your next challenge is:
:siren::nyan:The headquarters of a famous company/organization!:nyan::siren:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Didn't mean it like that, it was just a comment on the name of the app. :shobon:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

P & G headquarters, Cincinnati

edit: since I'm home a bit more wiki page with it's own picture of the HQ

:siren: let's see an interesting bridge. :siren:

nsaP fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 8, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You dirty fucker!!! I so thought I was going to win that one. Oh well, I did the legwork, so I'm posting them anyway.

I'm in Milwaukee, so two things are obvious when you think Milwaukee:

Harley

The factory and office area behind it is huge, and I never really realized how big the whole thing was.

They even have their own water tower:

They also left some sort of prototype out in the parking lot:

And oddly (perhaps ironically) this HQ was right across the street:

Insert joke about the fountain of coors

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

nsaP posted:

:siren: let's see an interesting bridge. :siren:

THAT I can.

Assuming its still open tomorrow.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Behold, the Lethbridge Viaduct

Why is it interesting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethbridge_Viaduct

quote:

This bridge is the largest railway structure in Canada.

According to the plaque located at the bridge, it is the longest and highest trestle bridge in the world at over 1 mile long and 314' over the river below. However, Wiki makes no mention of it and I am unsure if it still is. Either way, it is pretty impressive to see, especially for the first time.

NEW CHALLENGE

:siren: YOUR BIKE NEXT TO A FRAT HOUSE :siren:

Something with a flag and/or Greek letters on it.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 9, 2012

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

slidebite posted:

:siren: YOUR BIKE NEXT TO A FRAT HOUSE :siren:[/b]

Something with a flag and/or Greek letters on it.

According to Wikipedia, "Alpha Tau Omega ... is a secret American leadership and social fraternity." I think the secret's out, guys!

I think my last challenge was a little harder than I intended, and I apologize. Hopefully this one will be better. Show me:

:siren:a Sheetz Gas Station!:siren:

Now, I realize Sheetz is not a nation wide chain, so I'll accept other competitors in that market space: reasonably up-scale gas station / convenience stores with branded food concepts. Eg. QuikTrip, Casey's General Store, Wawa, and the nicer Racetrack stations and AM/PM stores.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

slidebite posted:

Behold, the Lethbridge Viaduct
For comparison in case someone here is curious, here it is today. My city had a very close call with a nasty prairie fire.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

According to Wikipedia, "Alpha Tau Omega ... is a secret American leadership and social fraternity." I think the secret's out, guys!

I think my last challenge was a little harder than I intended, and I apologize. Hopefully this one will be better. Show me:

:siren:a Sheetz Gas Station!:siren:

Now, I realize Sheetz is not a nation wide chain, so I'll accept other competitors in that market space: reasonably up-scale gas station / convenience stores with branded food concepts. Eg. QuikTrip, Casey's General Store, Wawa, and the nicer Racetrack stations and AM/PM stores.

I have no idea what any of those are except AM/PM which from what I know is a convenience store in Japan, so in the interest of moving things along, here's our equivalent of the type of thing I think you're talking about :

BP petrol station + M&S Simply Food

Marks & Spencer has a reputation as a posh place to get your groceries, but they also do a lot of heat+serve and ready to eat meals and snacks as well as stuff you can grab on the way home from work and throw together for a quick dinner. You can also get your staples here like milk and bread and wine and beer. Their actual food stores are much better than their service station ones.

My challenge, since I've been itching to do one of these all summer but couldn't since my bike was stolen:
:siren:Your Bike In Another Country!:siren:

I appreciate this may be a bit tough if you live Omaha or Key West or something, but it shouldn't be too hard for us European lot or if you live in Detroit or something. How you prove it is up to you. A border crossing is fine, but national/regional stereotypes would be preferable.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

quote:

Key West

Get some pontoons, you'll be in Cuba in no time.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Get some pontoons, you'll be in Cuba in no time.

bonus points for this.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Does tribal land count?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
No, i think the challenges should be as inaccessible as possible to us. For my next one I'm going to ask for :siren: your bike with the Dalai Lama:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think this is quite a do-able challenge. No worse than the covered bridge challenge where there probably isn't any even remotely close for tons of people.

• Locked thread