Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hope you didn't just say that Ashley Angel from O-Town wasn't memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Stroth posted:

Specifically, it's the font they used in game for the countdown clocks every player has. It's definitely something to do with TWEWY. And the background music is a remix of stuff off of the soundtrack. I just hope it's not another Kingdom Hearts guest spot.
It so very obviously is TWEWY to anyone who's actually played the game, but to add to this, the location for the site contains "/subaseka/", or "Subarashiki Kono Sekai", the Japanese name for the game. Seems like it'd be overboard to name the site location almost the equivalent of "/twewy/" for some cameo in Kingdom Hearts.

The song and background updates every day, here's the one for 08/23/2012. It adds "Calling" :3:

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 23, 2012

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dis astranagant posted:

The NEW REAL VILLAIN poo poo at the very beginning didn't do much to make me keep playing, either. But the moment Ghaleon first speaks was the moment I stopped playing :spergin:

pacman posted:

How did you make it through Alex's monologue and the first time Nall speaks at the very beginning only to have Ghaleon's bad but not as embarrassing voice inspire you to quit?
Because he wasn't motherfuckin' John Truitt :colbert:

Seriously, that guy was a voice actor who was apparently dedicated to and loved his craft, whatever form it took. As the legend goes, he drank a gallon of milk so he could get Ghaleon coughing up blood just right.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man some of these Growlanser fate changers are really stupid. Alfonse's:

In the one fight that involves him and Vester, apparently you can use Key Items for once in the game, so you can use the medallion half. Who knew!

I just had to get that out of my system.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Depending on what model of PSP you grabbed you should get custom firmware. It allows you to do fun things like fix the slowdown issues in FFT: War of the Lions. I am posting from a mobile device but if you hit the question mark in this post you can see my link to the fix a few months back. It is absolutely worth it. You can even play SNES and GBA games with custom firmware! There is a whole thread dedicated to it.

I would also strongly recommend the new Tactics Ogre.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Ragequit posted:

Depending on what model of PSP you grabbed you should get custom firmware.

Incorrect, you should get it regardless of what model your PSP is.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Incorrect, you should get it regardless of what model your PSP is.

Agreed, but I thought the latest model was difficult to do. I haven't checked in ages so I would hope it's been streamlined by now. Depends on how much effort he wants to go through!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Nope it's all cake now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rascyc posted:

Man some of these Growlanser fate changers are really stupid. Alfonse's:

In the one fight that involves him and Vester, apparently you can use Key Items for once in the game, so you can use the medallion half. Who knew!

I just had to get that out of my system.

Yea that one pissed me off too. I figured the game would've given me another warning to do the thing, but I guess not. RIP buddy, I will change your fate next time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well, I just finished DA2 and what is possibly the greatest achievement to make me hate a game. Goddamn.

jannik
Oct 15, 2004

The Biggest Anime

Ragequit posted:

Depending on what model of PSP you grabbed you should get custom firmware. It allows you to do fun things like fix the slowdown issues in FFT: War of the Lions. I am posting from a mobile device but if you hit the question mark in this post you can see my link to the fix a few months back. It is absolutely worth it. You can even play SNES and GBA games with custom firmware! There is a whole thread dedicated to it.

I would also strongly recommend the new Tactics Ogre.
What's the GBA emulation supposed to be like? Like which version is the one to get and does it run most (all?) games without any issues?

It's just that I grabbed gpSP-J (version 26720616 from June 16 2012) and gave FF6A a try just now, and while it wasn't bad, I wasn't too impressed.

Within 5 minutes I've had a very noticeable slowdown (for about 3 seconds) when there were 4 enemies on screen at once. And the music/sound effects all sound a bit weird, at least compared to what I remember from the SNES version. Though this might be attributed to the low quality sound used in the GBA version of the game and not the emulator?

I played through FF4A on my PC recently and didn't notice any issues. So I'm just wonder if the GBA emulator for PSP is going to cause lots of issues that are going to annoy me in the long run, or if I'm using the wrong version or trying to play the wrong game.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I don't remember which GBA emulator I used, but I'm pretty sure SNES9X runs FF6 just fine.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yet again FF6 is a PSOne classic, so that's a bit easier. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look out for those games.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Do not get the FF6 or Chrono Trigger PSX classics, they have terribly long loading times.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm playing Chrono Trigger and I've hit the very end of the game. Which method of fighting Lavos is the best for someone on their first playthrough? I'm still doing all the sidequests that opened up at the moment.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Barring blowing up your time machine and skipping to the final boss's second form, there isn't really any "best" way to go about it. It basically dictates another layer on your ending, so it's your call whether you want to end it with "I still have a time machine bitches" or not.

As long as you do all those sidequests, none of the boss's forms will be strong enough to keep you from completing the game either way.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 1, 2014

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

maketakunai posted:

It so very obviously is TWEWY to anyone who's actually played the game, but to add to this, the location for the site contains "/subaseka/", or "Subarashiki Kono Sekai", the Japanese name for the game. Seems like it'd be overboard to name the site location almost the equivalent of "/twewy/" for some cameo in Kingdom Hearts.

The song and background updates every day, here's the one for 08/23/2012. It adds "Calling" :3:

Hell, it's probably just a 3ds rerelease.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jannik posted:

What's the GBA emulation supposed to be like? Like which version is the one to get and does it run most (all?) games without any issues?

It's just that I grabbed gpSP-J (version 26720616 from June 16 2012) and gave FF6A a try just now, and while it wasn't bad, I wasn't too impressed.

Within 5 minutes I've had a very noticeable slowdown (for about 3 seconds) when there were 4 enemies on screen at once. And the music/sound effects all sound a bit weird, at least compared to what I remember from the SNES version. Though this might be attributed to the low quality sound used in the GBA version of the game and not the emulator?

I played through FF4A on my PC recently and didn't notice any issues. So I'm just wonder if the GBA emulator for PSP is going to cause lots of issues that are going to annoy me in the long run, or if I'm using the wrong version or trying to play the wrong game.

GBA and SNES emulation wasn't all that great on a PSP-3000 from what I tried. Weird sound issues and a bit of slowdown in some games, and completely unplayable in others. It's cool if you already have a PSP with games on it but I wouldn't get one JUST for emulation unless it's gotten much better in the last several years

For GBA emulation I keep recommending it but a Dingoo A-320 is awesome. About $100, a tiny handheld, and GBA emulation is near-perfect. So many SNES games have a GBA version too, I played through the SNES FF games on the GBA versions using this thing again. SNES emulation is passable but not perfect, and I didn't try the other emulators. I have mine loaded up with FF4-6, Super Mario Bros 2, 3, and World, the Wario GBA game, and the Castlevania GBA games.

That said if you already have a PSP with emulators I would try it out for a bit and see if it bugs you that much.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I've got a PSP-3000 and the latest GBA emulator works perfectly, while the SNES one works well but seems to have some trouble with slowdown when trying to emulate mode 7 stuff.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

voltron lion force posted:

I've got a PSP-3000 and the latest GBA emulator works perfectly, while the SNES one works well but seems to have some trouble with slowdown when trying to emulate mode 7 stuff.

The SNES one used to have a weird sound issue with Super Mario World, is that better now?

It was just the most glaring one to me since that's one of the most popular SNES games and the sound effects are so distinctive.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
SMW is one that I know for sure runs perfectly. SMW2: Yoshi's Island on the other hand gets slowdown and some audio glitches so its still kind of hit or miss from game to game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tae posted:

Well, I just finished DA2 and what is possibly the greatest achievement to make me hate a game. Goddamn.

I've got to admit, you slammed through that far faster than I was expecting. Did you just kind of give up after Act 1 and only chase down the plot quests, or did you go for everything?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
For anyone that's played Cladun but has yet to pick up Legasista on the PSN, it is Cladun 3 (basically), but be prepared for the stereotypical anime jrpg style story to get cranked up to the max instead of the ~fun times in wonderland~ of the first 2 games.

gently caress you Melize, you had infinite potential for about 10 seconds. :negative:

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
2 Days Left MP3 is available on Square's TWEWY site now, if it's Friday where you live, it adds Hybrid to the medley. I don't think the song changes until 1:13. English lyrics are around then, then there's Japanese lyrics around 4:03.

1 Days Left MP3 (+Twister) and 0 Days Left MP3 (+Twister #2 "The Power is Yet Unknown") are also available, but only accessible through URL or time/date changing. :ssh:

0 Days Left background image very clearly shows the 104 Building and the text "TIMELIMIT WITHIN 7 DAYS", same as in the game. The player pin is also overlaid on the right side of the image.

I hope it's an actual sequel but that's probably hoping for too much :(

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 23, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If this were a couple of years ago, I would have hoped for something on the Wii because that seemed like the logical evolution for a sequel. 3DS would be pretty cool too though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Stelas posted:

I've got to admit, you slammed through that far faster than I was expecting. Did you just kind of give up after Act 1 and only chase down the plot quests, or did you go for everything?

I did most of the poo poo up until halfway through Act 3 when it was just companion quests. As soon as I realized Anders hosed me and Kirkwall over and Merrill is only a tolerable retard if I rivarly-ed her from the beginning, I said gently caress it and just went straight main quest.

I chose Mage, didn't matter because everyone's a goddamn moron. First Enchanter was a :wtc: moment, and I wanted to cut Ander's balls off and shove them down his throat. gently caress.

edit: Best moment was Aviline being completely immune to the Boss Stun, so the final boss died talking while Aviline wailed on her.

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008

Stroth posted:

Hell, it's probably just a 3ds rerelease.

It's probably just more Lord of Vermillion cameos. :shepface:

xSousuke
Feb 19, 2012

Tae posted:

I did most of the poo poo up until halfway through Act 3 when it was just companion quests. As soon as I realized Anders hosed me and Kirkwall over and Merrill is only a tolerable retard if I rivarly-ed her from the beginning, I said gently caress it and just went straight main quest.

I chose Mage, didn't matter because everyone's a goddamn moron. First Enchanter was a :wtc: moment, and I wanted to cut Ander's balls off and shove them down his throat. gently caress.

edit: Best moment was Aviline being completely immune to the Boss Stun, so the final boss died talking while Aviline wailed on her.

Least you chose the "right" class since mage is so crazy ridiculously overpowered its like some kind of crime. "Whats that you say? Mages are fleshy? Not with this armor of stone I use, now I've got more armor then heavily armored warriors, HUZZAH, now eat a fireball"

DA2 was good enough in the first act, but then the 2nd came...and my face when I realized you never leave that city. The first act was so small I was expecting like 10 of them to make it a really deep involving game cause DA1 did a good job of that, in hind sight the acts got smaller and smaller and the 3rd was so bad that I don't think I could have survived a 4th with any sanity

PS: gently caress YOU ANDERS, I SHOULD HAVE KNIFED YOU MYSELF. My favorite part as I recall in my playthrough, I leave him alone and piss off that prince dude he swears revenge and you know what happens? I HAVE to kill him anyway, I mean what the eff bioware.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

maketakunai posted:

2 Days Left MP3 is available on Square's TWEWY site now, if it's Friday where you live, it adds Hybrid to the medley. I don't think the song changes until 1:13. English lyrics are around then, then there's Japanese lyrics around 4:03.

1 Days Left MP3 (+Twister) and 0 Days Left MP3 (+Twister #2 "The Power is Yet Unknown") are also available, but only accessible through URL or time/date changing. :ssh:

0 Days Left background image very clearly shows the 104 Building and the text "TIMELIMIT WITHIN 7 DAYS", same as in the game. The player pin is also overlaid on the right side of the image.

I hope it's an actual sequel but that's probably hoping for too much :(

I hope it's an actual sequel and they call the US version "The World Ends With Tu"
(But it isn't and they won't)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

If this were a couple of years ago, I would have hoped for something on the Wii because that seemed like the logical evolution for a sequel. 3DS would be pretty cool too though.

Maybe it's a Wii U title!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

xSousuke posted:

DA2 was good enough in the first act, but then the 2nd came...and my face when I realized you never leave that city.

Yeah, but like David Gaider said, you see the impact of your decisions over your ten seven years in the city. Things like this, that, and all the other. I can't help but remember how the city changed, as characters never aged, never moved, and the scenery stayed identically the same, down to the 6 year old corpses in Fenris' house.

Also, there is a Way of the Samurai 4 thread if anyone is curious about impressions of the game. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502551

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Also, there is a Way of the Samurai 4 thread if anyone is curious about impressions of the game. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502551

Thanks for that, I'd totally forgotten it was out in the US this early, let alone looked for the thread Gyoru said he was going to make. I think I'm still picking up a UK copy, though, if only because my bandwidth's been dire lately.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

xSousuke posted:

Least you chose the "right" class since mage is so crazy ridiculously overpowered its like some kind of crime. "Whats that you say? Mages are fleshy? Not with this armor of stone I use, now I've got more armor then heavily armored warriors, HUZZAH, now eat a fireball"

I remember picking an archer rogue, and it felt like that was a ridiculously overpowered class, especially when the fights devolved into "clicking on an enemy and exploding him before anyone else even gets to them." Good to know Bioware was on the money when it came to balancing. :thumbsup:

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
On my first playthrough I used Anders like once the entire game and never talked to him.

Imagine my surprise at the end.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hey guys remember that game that's awesome and had a countdown and everyone's like "oh man a sequel to TWEWY would be loving - "

NO

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/24/3264815/the-world-ends-with-you-outed-in-square-enix-e-shop

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Hey guys remember that game that's awesome and had a countdown and everyone's like "oh man a sequel to TWEWY would be loving - "

NO

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/24/3264815/the-world-ends-with-you-outed-in-square-enix-e-shop

I'm completely okay with this :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God drat it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't get it. Does Square really think people will be excited for an IoS port after all that build-up? You're just gonna make everyone mad. Square Enix is dumb.

How would it even work, the game needs both screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Euro gamer said there's more to the announcement than the port though.