Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sorry about the lack of promised info, GenCon was a disaster.

How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Illness, late starts, forgetting my travel bag, etc.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, thought you meant Wyrd hosed up or something.

If you managed to get your hands a book, I was hoping you could tell me how the Tokarage's change places with 10T models works. 0 action? Any range? Just trying to figure out just how bonkers Misaki is going to be.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

Oh, thought you meant Wyrd hosed up or something.

If you managed to get your hands a book, I was hoping you could tell me how the Tokarage's change places with 10T models works. 0 action? Any range? Just trying to figure out just how bonkers Misaki is going to be.

Mistaken Identity is the spell they can use to swap places Colette style. Takes a 7masks to cast, but it will put Misaki right where you want her to go. The range on it is 12 inches.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Hmm not too shabby, 0 or 1 action? It's got a walk of 6 as well right? Just wondering if I have 12 inch or 24 inch threat with two ninjas. Thanks!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

Hmm not too shabby, 0 or 1 action? It's got a walk of 6 as well right? Just wondering if I have 12 inch or 24 inch threat with two ninjas. Thanks!

It's a (1) action, but it can only be used once per activation.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
A quick rule question i've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting:
When do you use combat total to determine flip modifiers, and when do you just use a straight flip, ignoring any combat total? For example, Gamble you Life says the loser suffers a 3/4/7 flip which can be cheated. Is it just a straight flip, or do you use the total of the WP -> WP duel to work out if it's a - flip, + flip or straight flip?

Is it basically: any opposed duel, use the combat total method, any simple duel vs TN, use a straight flip?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lungboy posted:

A quick rule question i've been meaning to ask but kept forgetting:
When do you use combat total to determine flip modifiers, and when do you just use a straight flip, ignoring any combat total? For example, Gamble you Life says the loser suffers a 3/4/7 flip which can be cheated. Is it just a straight flip, or do you use the total of the WP -> WP duel to work out if it's a - flip, + flip or straight flip?

Is it basically: any opposed duel, use the combat total method, any simple duel vs TN, use a straight flip?

Gamble Your Life is not a straight flip, unless you get a 6-10 difference.

The duel works as a normal duel even with the part of being able to cheat even or + damage flips.

I'll have to read the rules more of when you flip - or + cards in a duel, but usually when there is a damage arc (3/4/7) you do the - and + flips. If it's a flat amount, then it's resisted or not.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So overall Gen Con was great. Got to play games, people where awesome, got my wife into the game with a Criid crew, and even got my name pulled 3 times for the raffle...to bad I thought it was one of the later ones and missed it :suicide:

I bought all the Arcanists they had and will be getting the Rail Crew off their site when my free shipping code gets activated. ALso bought a Kaeris crew while I was at it since I didn't want the Hanging Tree after all.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
This ruling from Ratty is either the funniest or grognardiest clarification

quote:

0 is an Even number

Why zero is even

It is easy to directly prove that zero is even: A number is called even if it is an integer multiple of 2. As an example, the reason that 10 is even is that it equals 5 × 2. In the same way, zero is an integer multiple of 2, namely 0 × 2, so zero is even.

This proof starts with a standard definition of "even number". It is also possible to explain why zero is even without referring to formal definitions. The following explanations make sense of the idea that zero is even in terms of fundamental number concepts. From this foundation, one can provide a rationale for the definition itself—and its applicability to zero.

Why should you care

Well one of Jakob's spells needs you to know if a card is even or not. As a Black Joker's value is 0, it's even.

This announcement has been brought to you by the number 0, and wikipedia.

I still do not see Ratty being all that good as someone that is one of the faces of Wyrd. He does have a real big temper that you always need to rein in the face of the company you are trying to promote.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Gen-con people, inform me of this McCabe fellow's special rules and interesting facts. Share your wisdom with the thread and receives untold riches

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MisterShine posted:

Gen-con people, inform me of this McCabe fellow's special rules and interesting facts. Share your wisdom with the thread and receives untold riches

Here's what I posted about his relics:

Jonas Albrecht;441384 posted:

Here's the breakdown, with a cost for each. McCabe starts with a cache of six, and must buy at least two Relics.

Badge of Speed (3ss): This one is, I think, the crown jewel of Lucas' toys. It's a reactivate spell that he can use on Black Sheep and Guardsmen (but not himself). You'll need an 8:masks or better to cast it, but it's still golden.

Glowing Sabre (2ss): It gives your sabre Paired, what do you want me to say? I'm not sure it's worth the 2 soulstones, but it's not a terrible option.

Hunter's Cloak (1ss): Hunter's a useful ability, but once you dismount, you lose your ranged attacks, so plan on staying mounted if you take this. I recommend pairing it with Invigorating Bridle.

Invigorating Bridle (1ss): It's a (0) heal for your horse. Very useful, given your steed's limited wounds.

Staghorn (2ss): This one gives your crew a bonus to their Charge speed when targeting a specific enemy model. You can use your Ranged Expert AP to pay for it. Another excellent choice, especially for Hound lists (which you will see a lot of with McCabe).

Strangemetal Shirt (3ss): You get Armor +2. Again, a solid choice at face value. It is kinda pricey, but the benefit is equally good in both your Mounted and Dismounted forms.

The other thing worth mentioning is that if you play against him, you will be slow for most of the game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ratty copied that ruling straight from wikipedia, he didn't even reword it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

Ratty copied that ruling straight from wikipedia, he didn't even reword it.

Plus there are better/easier ways of saying that 0 is even. "0 and 14 are even to balance out the even/odd card numbers a bit" or "Numbers go odd-even-odd-even. 1 is odd, 0 is one less than 1, so it must be even for the game."

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So put my Rail Golem, Willie, and Miss Terious together last night and I must say the plastics are AMAZING. The big thing for me is how easy they where to clean up and put together. I knew I should have put my Kaeris box together first...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh, here's a quick rundown of the faction and master specific schemes.

Ten Thunders
Infiltrate Malifaux
Must be announced, Insignificant models do not count.
1 vp for having at least two dual faction models in play at the end of the Encounter.
2 vp if the above happens and you outnumber the enemy models in play.

Saving Face
Must be announced.
2 vp if you and your opponent score less than 4vp on the Strategy.

Lucas McCabe
Bring 'Em Back Alive
Must be announced.
2 vp if you kill three or more enemy models while they were Slow or Paralyzed.

Yan Lo
Walk With Me
Must be announced.
2 vp for getting two Relics and level 4 in a path.

Mei Feng
Alternate Route
Place an Embarkation Marker on the table edge of your deployment zone, and a Destination Marker on the table edge of your opponent's deployment zone.
Must be announced. During the encounter, non-Insignificant models can take a (0) action to place a route marker on the board in base contact with themselves.
2 vp if you can create an route between your Embarkation Marker and the Destination Marker with Route Markers no further than 6" apart.

Misaki
Emptied Pockets
Must be announced.
2 vp if you steal more soulstones from your opponent with Pilfer than they have at the end of the encounter.

Jacob Lynch
"Read 'Em And..."
Must be announced. You cannot choose this scheme if you start with the Hungering Darkness in play. If at the end of a turn's End Closing Phase, you have a Straight (five sequential cards), you may reveal that hand to your opponent.
2 vp if you reveal a straight.

Spread the Light
Must be announced.
2 vp if all enemy models have the Brilliance characteristic, and there are at least two left in play.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Dumb question: Why does Jacob Lynch get two schemes? I'm going to guess that they originally wanted him to have "Read'Em and..." but that it was too easy to accomplish with the Hungering Darkness?

And Saving Face made me laugh a bit. Your trigger is everybody failing?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Randalor posted:

Dumb question: Why does Jacob Lynch get two schemes? I'm going to guess that they originally wanted him to have "Read'Em and..." but that it was too easy to accomplish with the Hungering Darkness?

And Saving Face made me laugh a bit. Your trigger is everybody failing?

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious, and practically free VP when A Line in the Sand is flipped.

As for Lynch's bonus Scheme, I think you've got it.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Thanks for the info Jonas. Your updates are always appreciated

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MisterShine posted:

Thanks for the info Jonas. Your updates are always appreciated

Well, I'm here on 3rd shift all night with the book, if you have any more info requests.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well, I'm here on 3rd shift all night with the book, if you have any more info requests.

Ototo Stats/abilities? :v:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The "Gentlemen's fight club" art that was posted earlier in the thread: which faction(s) are they?

Is it all "Ten Thunder" models, or are there some faction-specific models for each faction as well?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Randalor posted:

The "Gentlemen's fight club" art that was posted earlier in the thread: which faction(s) are they?

Is it all "Ten Thunder" models, or are there some faction-specific models for each faction as well?

I can answer this one, the fight club dudes are the Black Sheep Gang, affiliated with the dual Guild/10T master Lucas McCabe.

There are faction specific models too, guild riflemen, Izamu the Armor etc.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The Aberrant posted:

I can answer this one, the fight club dudes are the Black Sheep Gang, affiliated with the dual Guild/10T master Lucas McCabe.

There are faction specific models too, guild riflemen, Izamu the Armor etc.

I... completely forgot that the preview pages were faction-specific models. Can I rephrase it to "Other than the previews, are there any new faction-specific models"?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

Ototo Stats/abilities? :v:

For all the stuff he can do, his stats are pretty weak. Walk/Charge of 4/6, Wp, Ca, and Df at 4 (with a ram on Ca). Wounds are pretty good at 11.

He gets a +2 to his Cb (making it 8) and Melee Master when he hits half wounds, has Hard to Kill, and Shove Aside.

His weapon is magical, ignores Hard to Wound and Hard to Kill.

He's got a neat ability that lets him use Cb instead of Wp when resolving oppsed Wp Duels, and a pulse that causes Slow in enemy models that fail to resist.

He's got a spell that lets him hit harder against Objects and breakable terrain, and Just a Flesh Wound for healing flips.

He's got two Cb triggers, one that gives a positive twist to damage against non-living models, and one that grants slow, or a negative twist to attacks and casting flips if they already had slow. He'll be great for when you run McCabe as Ten Thunders.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Randalor posted:

I... completely forgot that the preview pages were faction-specific models. Can I rephrase it to "Other than the previews, are there any new faction-specific models"?

Oh yeah, for instance there's a new Outcast that's a female treasue hunter that ties in with the Viktorias. Could you spoil her as well Jonas?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I have some questions about the Ten Thunders' Dual Faction thing. Being Dual Faction, can a master like McCabe hire Ototo? Could a Ten Thunders crew have guys from every faction if it wanted to, as long as the hired guys were also Ten Thunders? And lastly, are there any Ten Thunders exclusive units, or is every TT guy cross-faction?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

Oh yeah, for instance there's a new Outcast that's a female treasue hunter that ties in with the Viktorias. Could you spoil her as well Jonas?

Vanessa, Treasurehunter is Viktoria's little sister, and only works for crews that have her big sister in them. Hiring her lets you also hire one non-living Arcanist model.

She counts as a Vik for Sisters in Spirit, and as a Ronin for Another One.

She's got some deck manipulation, where you look at the top three cards in your deck at the beginning of the Activation Phase, and the ability to spend a soulstone to draw three cards, discarding one. Plus her staff lets you draw a card if you hit an enemy model and they cheat fate during the duel. Finally, she has a spell forces your opponent to discard a card, while letting you draw one.

She's got a (0) action that boosts her Ca by 2, and her other spells are a pulse that gives out suits to friendly model's Cb, and a Vik buff that gives them Slow to Die, Hard to Wound, Armor +1, or Hard to Kill, depending on the Suit chosen.

She's got Aetheric Demand, so no totems in Scraps. Also, she's got a positive twist when attacking Black Sheep.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I have some questions about the Ten Thunders' Dual Faction thing. Being Dual Faction, can a master like McCabe hire Ototo? Could a Ten Thunders crew have guys from every faction if it wanted to, as long as the hired guys were also Ten Thunders? And lastly, are there any Ten Thunders exclusive units, or is every TT guy cross-faction?

When you take the Dual Faction Masters, you declare if you're running them as Ten Thunders or their other faction. This effects who you can hire, and what Schemes you can use, and each of the masters have special hiring rules then ensure you'll always be able to take crew vital to them.

So, while running McCabe as Ten Thunders, I could hire Mr. Tannen, Yin, and Wang as Ten Thunders, and also Guild Guard, because he can always take Guardsmen and Black Sheep.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 22, 2012

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Can we get a rules blurb on the other Black Sheep?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

MisterShine posted:

Can we get a rules blurb on the other Black Sheep?

There are two currently: Sidir Alchibal (my favorite figure from the book), and the Wastrels (those dudes previously referred to as Gentlemen's Fight Club).

Sidir pulls double duty as a bodyguard and a blaster. He can take hits for a friendly Master, and can be sacked to stop all wounds to McCabe from an attack, as well as some defensive spells that boost Defense and provide Obscuring terrain. On top of that, he's got a (1) action that gives him a healing flip with a positive twist. Offense-wise, he has a nice ranged attack that does better both closer to the target and against models on bases larger than 30mm.

The Wastrels are a bit ninja-esque. They have a teleport (1) action they can use when not in LOS of an enemy model, and while they have Harmless, their attack does 3/4/5. They also have a mini version of McCabe's relic customization.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I have another request Jonas, I have a friend big into the Freikorps and he was wondering about the Strong Suit (iirc) Whats it like?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
Got the new book. I'll type up my thoughts later, so I'll leave it at this.

"Dat Friekorp :suspense: "

edit: Was also talking to some Malifaux people around here and those special hanged models on the trees are actually WAY better than normal hanged just because they are on 40mm bases. The Terrifying on them now extend a full extra inch compared to the 30mm bases.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 23, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Some thoughts:
1) I ordered Lynch, a box of Depleted, a box of Beckoners, Graves, and Tannen. Seems odd his box includes three Illuminated (when will you EVER field that many?!) but no Depleted (which you NEED, probably a minimum of two in every game) or Beckoners (minimum one in every game). Concept sold me, he looks insanely fun to play; make everyone Brilliant, draw a shitload of cards, attrition the enemy to death.
2) Rail Golems are beastly and an army with Mei Feng, Emberling, a Rail Golem, 2 Rail Workers and a Fire Gamin will be really really nasty at 25. Stoking up golems is really really easy and boy, they can just beat the absolute poo poo out of everything in sight. Activate Mei Feng, Railwalker -> Terminus -> Badass Pose -> Tiger's Claws -> Condensation -> Vent Steam -> Roaring Boiler -> Superheat; now you've used exactly one (1) general AP, done a shitload of damage, and there's burning tokens all over the place. Activate Rail Golem, go to town (as an example: Head of Steam (hopefully with Redline) -> Refuel ->Release Fury w/Build Pressure or Fierce Determination, Pain Train, lather rinse repeat). With Knock Aside and enough Rams to trigger Redline and keep your boiler stoked, you can easily cut through an entire crew's worth of dudes, and 10 Wds with Armor +2, Hard to Kill, and an ability to heal keeps them alive. I also think running Kaeris alongside Mei Feng is worthwhile; it'll be hard to fit Kaeris as well as a Golem and its associated support duders, but then you can take Kang, some Rail Workers, 3x Union Miners, Johan, and a Gunsmith or two and run the Bread and Roses army.
3) Gremlins are my primary faction and both of the new Gremlins are incredible. Gracie is useful in a Som'er pig pile with Stank Eye and Vintage Swine, but I play gunline and so she's of limited utility. On the other hand... Wong has magical attacks and counterspell, and most importantly, a 5" aura of immunity to terrifying. He's worth it for that alone with Gremlins. Burt doesn't look it, but he's the first melee powerhouse Gremlins have. He's Cb 6 with 2/3/4, which doesn't look like much, but he's got critical strike and a ram built in, Ophelia can give him another ram, and if he flips one as well his damage total is 5/6/7 which sort of speaks for itself. He's also got a 10" teleport into melee and a respectable Cg of 8, and he's cheap, cheap, cheap. Plus he can pawn wounds off on Bayou Gremlins. I think I may take him instead of Francois in my Ophelia list; he's got the same additional shots trigger without dealing a bunch of wounds to himself, and he can help out the family if they get into a jam in melee. Plus his background is just excellent.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

I have another request Jonas, I have a friend big into the Freikorps and he was wondering about the Strong Suit (iirc) Whats it like?

It's Instinctual.

It's got armor that can reduce damage to 0 instead of a minimum of 1.

Counts as soft cover for friendly models.

It can push your friendly models out of the melee range of enemy models.

It's ranged gun generates an effect depending on what suit you get with the attack flip. A 3" push on a Ram, counter destruction on a crow, bury on a Tome, and slow for constructs on a Mask.

It has two zero spells. Leap, which is always fun, and Charge Up. Charge up lets you ditch two cards for an boost to armor, damage, Cb on your ranged gun, or adding Ht 3 models to your Shove Aside ability.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

"Dat Freikorp" indeed. Sounds pretty bitchin' Whats it's Cb and damage spread like?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Aberrant posted:

"Dat Freikorp" indeed. Sounds pretty bitchin' Whats it's Cb and damage spread like?

Melee is 6R with 2", 2/4/6. Ranged is 4R with 12", 2/3/4.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

2) Rail Golems are beastly and an army with Mei Feng, Emberling, a Rail Golem, 2 Rail Workers and a Fire Gamin will be really really nasty at 25. Stoking up golems is really really easy and boy, they can just beat the absolute poo poo out of everything in sight. Activate Mei Feng, Railwalker -> Terminus -> Badass Pose -> Tiger's Claws -> Condensation -> Vent Steam -> Roaring Boiler -> Superheat; now you've used exactly one (1) general AP, done a shitload of damage, and there's burning tokens all over the place. Activate Rail Golem, go to town (as an example: Head of Steam (hopefully with Redline) -> Refuel ->Release Fury w/Build Pressure or Fierce Determination, Pain Train, lather rinse repeat). With Knock Aside and enough Rams to trigger Redline and keep your boiler stoked, you can easily cut through an entire crew's worth of dudes, and 10 Wds with Armor +2, Hard to Kill, and an ability to heal keeps them alive.

:suspense: Please tell me this is one of those "Neat trick you can pull off once in a blue moon, when you get exactly the right triggers in exactly the right order, and your opponents are exactly the right distance apart" things, and not something she can do every turn/game for next to no effort.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Melee is 6R with 2", 2/4/6. Ranged is 4R with 12", 2/3/4.

Armor 2 and Enhanced Armor 2 so instead of reducing the first 2 damage to 1, it reduces it to 0.

It can pull things out of battle with Get Back. It has Leap. It can increase the Armor to +3, fist dg to 3/5/6, and give his zap gun +2cb using Charge Up. He has Shove Aside which makes him walk through Ht 1 and Ht 2 models, Ht 3 if he Charges Up.

Another note, Yan Lo gets a really broken scheme like Sabotage.

He just needs to get his Chi up to level 4 which you need to do anyway. Not as broken as Sabotage I guess since you need time to get that many levels from killing dudes around him.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Randalor posted:

:suspense: Please tell me this is one of those "Neat trick you can pull off once in a blue moon, when you get exactly the right triggers in exactly the right order, and your opponents are exactly the right distance apart" things, and not something she can do every turn/game for next to no effort.

You need a 7T for Terminus, a Crow for Badass Pose, a Tome for Condensation, a 6T for Superheat, and any number of Rams to trigger Redline on the Golem. So it is kind of Tome heavy, but the only ones of those triggers I'd say are essential are Superheat and Terminus, so that's two tomes. Mei Feng's whole deal is her insane stacking of triggers and you're going to be seeing a lot of it. Basically Railwalker is a series of teleports between friendly dudes within 5" of each other, Terminus lets her finish that series with a free Jackhammer Kick, Badass Pose lets her cast a free Iron Skin (+2 Armor on herself or a friendly within 6"), then Tiger's Claws is a melee attack that can trigger a free Vent Steam, she can automatically then cast Superheat to add Burning Tokens to everything inside a Vent Steam (and that's all Vent Steams within 10," not just the one she just created). Also Tiger's Claws hands out Burning Tokens. The reason it's important to get burning tokens out there is so that when the Golem casts Refuel, which takes a 10 suitless and has no resists, he can pull enough burning tokens off of enemies within 2" of him to get to 5 for Pain Train. Redline adds burning tokens when he makes attacks, and he gets some for free, so I think it's doable.